Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Doesn't the extended queue sit between Gringotts and Fear Factor?

Either way, a house could be put there with the house queue wrapping around Fear Factor.

Yea but i could see this happening at around hhn ~30. I think when they get some statistics that they'll never use the extended queue, i don't think they have used that part yet, we'll get a house there i hope.

Yea but i could see this happening at around hhn ~30. I think when they get some statistics that they'll never use the extended queue, i don't think they have used that part yet, we'll get a house there i hope.

They used it the entire summer. Partly due to the number of people but also in part to the fact that they were running under max capacity (I think they're still only at 8/9 cars. Back then it was 3-6).

It sits on the left of Gringotts, between Gringotts and TM parking/another road and is blocked off from anything outside of that area by trees/Gringotts/Diagon Alley. I don't really see a way of getting to it without using Diagon Alley.

If they wanna get creative they could use the Shrek queue and put 2 houses in Disaster now that the props are gone (have the second queue use some of the Disaster queue and use the Disaster show building). That plus the other 7 gives you 10 houses right there. There's also the option of building another sprung tent (as mentioned on here before). If they wanted to get REALLY creative they could use part of the Mummy extended queue (though they'd need it for summer/HHN most likely), , and maybe the Simpsons queue (though a queue would be hard).

I'm mostly curious about Soundstages. With Twister going, you lose one house entrance and queue space (the switchbacks immediately behind the building will be off limits, I would assume). Setting up 4 houses there this year will be kind of tough.

If they wanted to get REALLY creative they could use part of the Mummy extended queue (though they'd need it for summer/HHN most likely)

Mummy extended queue may actually be plausible. The "9th house" aka the LT experience on the last few nights was in The Mummy extended queue.

Completely random, but something that just dawned on me (and I hadn't seen it discussed)...

Did anyone else get the following question of the survey?

Last time you visited Halloween Horror Nights, were there children in any of the following age groups in your party? Select all the apply.

The groups were:

0 - 6

7 - 12

13 - 18

No kids under 18 in my party

I found the question interesting, and one I don't remember receiving on any previous survey for HHN.

If they wanted to get REALLY creative they could use part of the Mummy extended queue

Speaking of The Mummy, maybe we could see the Mummy extended queue used for The Mummy house? The Mummy reboot (2015) becoming a maze has been brought up on this thread and I figured that the mummy extended queue would work well for the mummy house since it's with the theme. That's assuming you enter the maze through the regular queue?

• Like 1

Hmmm... I don't remember that exact wording being used previously.

Almost every survey asked the generalized questions:

Residential info (Floridian? How far from Orlando?)

Do you have children? If yes, ages.

I don't remember them asking if my children attended the event before. My children didn't, so I answered no, but I wonder if further questions would have been asked about children and the event if I had said yes.

It could be the fact that I've taken so many surveys, and I just don't remember the wording, but this time it didn't ask "Do you have children? If yes, ages." It just asked "Did children attend the event with you?"

Since rumors and speculations have been swirling for years regarding a possible "kid-friendly" event (one that could content with MNSSHP) the question stood out to me.

Have the props been replaced at Disaster!? If not (and since the HP overflow queue seems unneeded), there's the most plausible 9th house location. Disaster held 2 houses for years. Unless they decide to demo Disaster! in the next year. (That wasn't a suggestion Uni! Or an idea! Do not demo Disaster! unless you aren't going to demo KZ, and the Twister demo/refurb is complete! K?)

• Like 2

They used it the entire summer. Partly due to the number of people but also in part to the fact that they were running under max capacity (I think they're still only at 8/9 cars. Back then it was 3-6).

It sits on the left of Gringotts, between Gringotts and TM parking/another road and is blocked off from anything outside of that area by trees/Gringotts/Diagon Alley. I don't really see a way of getting to it without using Diagon Alley.

If they wanna get creative they could use the Shrek queue and put 2 houses in Disaster now that the props are gone (have the second queue use some of the Disaster queue and use the Disaster show building). That plus the other 7 gives you 10 houses right there. There's also the option of building another sprung tent (as mentioned on here before). If they wanted to get REALLY creative they could use part of the Mummy extended queue (though they'd need it for summer/HHN most likely), , and maybe the Simpsons queue (though a queue would be hard).

I'm mostly curious about Soundstages. With Twister going, you lose one house entrance and queue space (the switchbacks immediately behind the building will be off limits, I would assume). Setting up 4 houses there this year will be kind of tough.

The extended queue left of the enterance is always used but the overflow areas are what i was trying to talking about. I heard it could go around the right of diagon left of fear factor.

LT seems to be very hit and miss when they are involved. I'm hoping for the best. Something like last year would be awesome but have more time to do this. I guess it made sense to try and stop the overflowing of FFP holders. But yeah. I saw the video on Inside The Magic of the whole experience. It seemed so amazing, but I couldn't attend because I had a FF and didn't have money to buy a day ticket :/

• Like 1

So. I'm getting the strange feeling that HHN is going to try to copy what both Knott's Berry and Howl-O-Scream did last year with the interactive maze with guns and things. My feeling is that what the LT was testing technology for. When someone shoots in the room, there will be a realistic sound effect played throughout the room or something of the sort making things more interactive. (Just conjecture) So my question is if that will be there way of "enhancing" the walking dead property? If not,I was thinking about other properties that they can do this with. My thoughts being just about any zombie movie, but ones I would like to see are Men in Black, AvP, The Purge, and Zombieland. Anyone else have an ideas? :P

So. I'm getting the strange feeling that HHN is going to try to copy what both Knott's Berry and Howl-O-Scream did last year with the interactive maze with guns and things. My feeling is that what the LT was testing technology for. When someone shoots in the room, there will be a realistic sound effect played throughout the room or something of the sort making things more interactive. (Just conjecture) So my question is if that will be there way of "enhancing" the walking dead property? If not,I was thinking about other properties that they can do this with. My thoughts being just about any zombie movie, but ones I would like to see are Men in Black, AvP, The Purge, and Zombieland. Anyone else have an ideas? :P

Honestly, I hope not. Well okay, in my opinion whatever uses this gimmick should be a comedy house. If it was used in something serious like Legendary Truth, I would be meh about it.

ZCU15 was an interesting concept but, in my opinion, failed miserably at it. It wasn't set up well at all. The bright circles you had to shoot at were cartoony and comical, the zombies were all out in the open and the circles were literally nonstop lit up so you didn't even know if you were shooting at it, no scoring system, etc. This isn't something that can work in a conga line style haunted house, but I do applaud them for at least attempting it. A lot of people seemed to like it. I was not one of them.

I think the LT stuff that was tested out this year was to test out tech and things solely for people who will want to play LT, and incorporate it into the event the way they did in 08, and possibly have a LT house where the investigation comes to a close and gives the whole trial a purpose. Maybe to complete the entire story arc of LT and start on something new?

• Like 1

ZCU15 was an interesting concept but, in my opinion, failed miserably at it. It wasn't set up well at all. The bright circles you had to shoot at were cartoony and comical, the zombies were all out in the open and the circles were literally nonstop lit up so you didn't even know if you were shooting at it, no scoring system, etc. This isn't something that can work in a conga line style haunted house, but I do applaud them for at least attempting it. A lot of people seemed to like it. I was not one of them.

I think the LT stuff that was tested out this year was to test out tech and things solely for people who will want to play LT, and incorporate it into the event the way they did in 08, and possibly have a LT house where the investigation comes to a close and gives the whole trial a purpose. Maybe to complete the entire story arc of LT and start on something new?

You could probably give people fake guns and put targets on actors in any house and the GP or whatever term would all cheer. I personally wouldn't. I want to experience the sets and scares. If I'm lugging around a gun and shooting the "targets", that's a pain to do, because that's your focus.

I feel that its only fitting that we see all of the icons featured in some capacity this year, which is really obvious i think to all of us. I would like to see a house for each icon. After we have all the icons in a house UNI should bring back some of the original and classic houses that have put the event where it is today. Street stuff greatly needs to be improved too, the purge was fun but not in the slightest scary. I wanna see the chainsaw drill team

An idea I had was that the LT app is for an interactive "scarezone".

Yes, houses have conga lines which won't work for an interactive LT experiance, due to some being slower than others, But a LT interactive scarezone is an idea that would definitely work.

A house of that sort would call for needing to hand out guns or whatever it is that you are scanning with, to each person that goes through. However, for the scarezone, they can just have people use the mobile app to scan around the zone. We have things all scattered to scan around the scarezone, trying to find clues and what not, while interacting with it using our phones. It would be perfect. Add some scareactors, and you have SZotY.

• Like 1

Okay. I like the idea of the interactive scarezone thing. But I have a big concern about that due to my experience with playing Sorcerer's of The Magic Kingdom at Disney. This might not annoy a lot of people but when I am trying to play Sorcerer's, I always have groups of people coming up to me and I have to explain what I'm doing and how to get started and then I can't pay attention to the story or where I'm supposed to go next. Not to mention all the little kids running in front of the screen and blocking the scanner making it virtually impossible to play. End rant. Also there is the concern with people overusing the same scare thinking its funny or overuse to the point of breaking. Again, love the idea but thinking of it logically I doubt they would risk making a scarezone interactive.

The best I can logically see happening is an exclusive interactive house that isn't your typical conga line experience. Probably have to pay extra and have a specific time to go and that whole ordeal. (Apologies for keep comparing to Howl-O-Scream but...*sigh*) Like The Experiment.

• Like 1