Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

I've said it once. I'll say it again. If Universal doesn't replace TWD with Z Nation they're missing the boat. Halfway through the season and they've had:

Zombie baby

Zombie dog

Human cannibals (that keeps they're meat fresh)

Zombie tornado

Zombie-worshipping cult

A "zunami" (a zombie storm front, basically)

And this week, they have radioactive zombies!

They've also already travelled from New York to Nebraska, so the characters are already WAY more productive than TWD. Seriously, Z Nation is the best zombie show on TV now.

• Like 4

The perfect movie for a 3d house would be They Live.

1. It's got a weird colorful psychedelic look that would pop with the blacklight 3d.

2. Putting on glasses is part of the story.

I liked The In Between and Circus of Supersition at HowlOScream because the effects were really freaky. Mostly hated Penn & Teller and Afterlife for their lack of effects (and not being funny, scary, bad story, ect)

The perfect movie for a 3d house would be They Live.

1. It's got a weird colorful psychedelic look that would pop with the blacklight 3d.

2. Putting on glasses is part of the story.

I liked The In Between and Circus of Supersition at HowlOScream because the effects were really freaky. Mostly hated Penn & Teller and Afterlife for their lack of effects (and not being funny, scary, bad story, ect)

I thought about this too, the only thing is when the glasses are put on everything is black and white.

So true. Bring back Resident Evil and not make it so game like. It was a nice touch for the gamer in me but it really takes you out the feeling of being in a haunted house is all.

I thought it would be cool to have a Resident Evil scarezone instead of a house. I think this was speculated for HHN24, during the rumors, but it would be great in my opinion. Like make a scarezone for raccoon city instead of a house with all the lights on.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

I've said it once. I'll say it again. If Universal doesn't replace TWD with Z Nation they're missing the boat. Halfway through the season and they've had:

Zombie baby

Zombie dog

Human cannibals (that keeps they're meat fresh)

Zombie tornado

Zombie-worshipping cult

A "zunami" (a zombie storm front, basically)

And this week, they have radioactive zombies!

They've also already travelled from New York to Nebraska, so the characters are already WAY more productive than TWD. Seriously, Z Nation is the best zombie show on TV now.

I can't believe Im saying this but Z Nation would be a dream come true for HHN... Besides of what you wrote, the zombies are FAST zombies! The actors would be able to jump at you, to move more aggressively

And like you were saying, a lot more variety. they could make 4 houses with the amount of stuff they have from the show. I really hope they transition from Walking Dead to Z Nation, EVEN if it means having two zombie houses next year (to make the transition more smooth)

I don't love zombies or anything but Z Nation seems really much more appropriate for HHN

I've wanted a black and White House for years.

(Yes, I wrote one. It's called "Noir" and is about a detective investigating a string of brutal homicides (caused by werewolves)).

Make the Icon Warden Strickland, have Hellgate: Prison part 2, where all the "serial killers" (7 of them) escape from the prison.

Then have each serial killer have their own scare zone and house, themed to their back story.

Would GENUINELY like it.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

Hey, but what about my idea of an Alien: Isolation maze?

I think everyone else would love to see those amazing xenomorph puppets return.

To be clear, Alien: Isolation is a new video game based on the Alien franchise. It's a new horror style survival game in space. Mike Aiello has been tweeting about it. I think he bought it or something.

And by attempting Alien: Isolation you are using a property solely based on Alien. No predator. Therefore, they can aim for a darker, and more expanded version of alien. When I say expanded, I mean actually involving chestburster scenes and more facehuggers. Not to mention, whatever scenes are included in the video game. I didn't AvP, in fact I loved it and it's #2 on the top 3 for me this year. (I believe I had a better experience than most...) But anyways, this is merely an idea. Please don't tell me this is most likely not going to happen, because I am just throwing out ideas, since it is just ideas at this early on. But all-in-all, it's just an idea that I would love to see happen. (Not that I'm an IP person. I prefer original content. This is just an IP idea since IPs are obviously a permanent part of HHN now.) :alien:

Hey, but what about my idea of an Alien: Isolation maze?

I think everyone else would love to see those amazing xenomorph puppets return.

To be clear, Alien: Isolation is a new video game based on the Alien franchise. It's a new horror style survival game in space. Mike Aiello has been tweeting about it. I think he bought it or something.

And by attempting Alien: Isolation you are using a property solely based on Alien. No predator. Therefore, they can aim for a darker, and more expanded version of alien. When I say expanded, I mean actually involving chestburster scenes and more facehuggers. Not to mention, whatever scenes are included in the video game. I didn't AvP, in fact I loved it and it's #2 on the top 3 for me this year. (I believe I had a better experience than most...) But anyways, this is merely an idea. Please don't tell me this is most likely not going to happen, because I am just throwing out ideas, since it is just ideas at this early on. But all-in-all, it's just an idea that I would love to see happen. (Not that I'm an IP person. I prefer original content. This is just an IP idea since IPs are obviously a permanent part of HHN now.) :alien:

Great idea but Universal can't use Alien because Disney is sitting on the Theme Park rights for the Alien franchise. Other than that I can totally see them doing this

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

I wouldn't mind if they simply brought back a redesigned AvP, because I'm still waiting for the house that should've been built this year. That was not the AvP house that should've happened. No intensity, no scares, no actual versus moments, lack of a proper finale, unneeded soldier actors outnumber Aliens and Predators combined, and no Queen. Scenic and story wise, it's probably the best they've ever done. They nailed the sets and told a cohesive story with the house. But when the house has few to no scares every single time you go through it, it's not designed well enough. Scenic will always be top notch because that's all Universal can do nowadays; they'll never fail on making a gorgeous looking house. But scares will always be the most important part of HHN, as that's why 9/10 people go into the houses. And AvP just was not scary. And that seems to be a pretty popular opinion from a lot of people I've talked with.

/end rant, one that I'm sure plenty of you will disagree with, but it's my personal opinion on that house. I still liked the house and thought it was GORGEOUS. It was #5 on my list for the year. But it was not the house that should've happened. A perfect AvP house would've been ours and Hollywood's combined.

• Like 4

A perfect AvP house would've been ours and Hollywood's combined.

Yes! Preach it man! Hollywood's and ours would have been a perfect mesh and make for one spectacular house. And everything you said before was so true as well. The same thing happened with FDTD. The house looked amazing but the scares were too far apart, especially towards the middle of FDTD.

• Like 1

Agreed 100% So many people were saying how intense this house was and even with everything working properly, I never saw what they were talking about. My cousin who just entered Middle School willingly and my cousin who was scared by Silent Hill entered this house and did not even get a startle. They didn't want to enter Walking Dead, even though they like the show.

• Like 1

Let's talk about shows. There are 6 stages in the park, but only 3 are used for HHN. Barney stage is used for parade and one of the tent queues, and the Amphitheater by Rip Ride Rock-it is also used for queuing to the soundstages. Horror make-up is the VIP spot, although it's the only daytime show that could fit perfectly in a horror event. That leaves Beetlejuice, Animal Actors, and Fear Factor.

But you all already knew that.

It's extremely likely for Bill and Ted to reside in Fear Factor again

I hope someone over there noticed the plentiful empty seats at RHPS:aT and is looking for an alternative.

That leaves Animal Actors for a possible Brian Brushwood performance if they contact him early enough (NOW!)

The area where the Bayou of Blood cabin was could be a stage for a "The Arrival / Carnival of Carnage" icon show

• Like 3

Just thought of a good idea for the overall event maybe not this year but maybe 2016. We can make H.R. Bloodengutz the Icon and make each house based on a Holiday, examples being for Halloween they could do Trick r Treat or Halloween. St. Patrick's day could be Leprechaun. Thanksgiving could have Thankskilling or Children of the Corn. Christmas they could do a house based on the Dark Christmas scarezone in Hollywood or Gremlins or Black Christmas. Fourth of July (a bit of a stretch but) they could do Independence Day. For every other holiday, those could be original concepts or some of the movies I mentioned that wouldn't translate well into a house. So on and so forth. I think that would be amazing idea for an overall event.

• Like 1

I think we will get a old school style event next year , with a lot of build up website wise and hopefully some games again which we haven't seen since 2011 If I'm right. But even though It's 25 years and Jacks back I still think it will be IP heavy again with 4 or 5 house's again. TWD will come back and I can see a Purge house due to the success of the scare zone this year and also a third film due out next year also. I can see a Chucky house and then maybe a Scream house similar to FDTD house . AHS will never come to the event I don't think due to graphic sex involved in all the series and wouldn't be marketable to the scale that TWD is or was.......I mean they couldn't even have the word titty over the word twister on top the bar at FDTD ha.

• Like 1

I think we will get a old school style event next year , with a lot of build up website wise and hopefully some games again which we haven't seen since 2011 If I'm right. But even though It's 25 years and Jacks back I still think it will be IP heavy again with 4 or 5 house's again. TWD will come back and I can see a Purge house due to the success of the scare zone this year and also a third film due out next year also. I can see a Chucky house and then maybe a Scream house similar to FDTD house . AHS will never come to the event I don't think due to graphic sex involved in all the series and wouldn't be marketable to the scale that TWD is or was.......I mean they couldn't even have the word titty over the word twister on top the bar at FDTD ha.

AHS is still a property that could be great if done right, and I want a Scream house.

To be honest I want UO to TRAIN there scareactors and make the event a HARD PG 13 event like Hollywood's.. IMO the event isnt scary anymore and has lost its soul (HOS has taken it spot for top Haunted event in Florida).

I want the HHN we had back in the IOA yrs where it was about the scares AND details.. Now its just about the details cause UO wont let A&D take risk anymore and try new stuff.. AWIL was a step in the right direction but IMO I think they went backwards with AvP.

Last overall good yr with houses/theme was 08

• Like 1

I want a "THIS EVENT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE" message strongly broadcasted among their media outlets. Heck, they should take a hint from Hollywood and use naked mannequins (They went %50 this year with the one in FDTD) Then again, Hollywood is having a few "legal setbacks" in these recent years.

And honestly, I don't give two shits about IPs. If it's there, more than likely I'll enjoy it, watch my group get scared, or I'll think it's ironically funny. I'm very lax about it.