Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Okay, this isn't about 25, but more of a 26 prediction: I'm calling duel coast synergy on The Mummy reboot that's coming out in 2016 and is meant as the official start of the UMCU (Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe.).

In terms of 25, I think we have two guarantees at this point in time.

A Jack based house (obviously)

Walking Dead (I HOPE not, but let's be real here.)

A Jack house? I was thinking they would shove all the icons in one house. I mean it isn't out of the question. I don't know how they'd do it since he already had a funhouse. What kind of theme would they do?

I'm guessing Jack because presently he's the only icon we know is coming. Perhaps a more houseish version of the Carnival of Carnage "experience" in 2007? If we don't get AHS, a Jack circus or freak show based maze could be a good original replacement.

• Like 1

He personifies multiple horror tropes. His "unoriginal" traits give a sense of familiarity (ie. "unoriginal" traits: sinster clown who uses dark humor). People tend to be more comfortable and accepting of the familiar.

He's pretty much HHN's take on the Joker in my opinion.

Anyways, here's my predictions of the lineup.

IPs: The Walking Dead (no doubt), American Horror Story (possibly Freakshow. If not, it'll be a combination of all seasons), and some people said Insidious. Never heard about any Insidious rumors but I can see it happening. Something I would LOVE to see happen is Alien: Isolation. ANYTHING to see those Xenomorph puppets again...

Originals: (I see the originals being the dominant side of the event. It has to be that way, or it isn't really an anniversary year.) I can see a Nightengales sequel happening, since there's so much more they can do. It was almost made for a sequel, especially there being many other wars and war-based themes they can use for a 2nd house. I also see a main house that pretty much acts as the heart of the anniversary. (Kinda like how Hallow'd Past stood in XX, just... better hopefully), Probably a Jack house, maybe 3D. I'm DYING for a 3D house since we didn't see one for HHN24. I also feel like they could do a Scary Tales 3 or something along the lines of a past franchise extension.

Icon: If it is Jack, I hope he takes a different role of power. He has been the same for a long time. Not that I hate him, because trust me, he's one of my favorite icons, but I feel like something NEW with him would be refreshing. However, if he's all we get, I'll be happy with whatever they give us. Maybe we'll see this "Prop master" guy. That's actually one of my hopes, to see a new icon. Do I think we'll see the other icons as well? I sure do. They threw the Jack teaser out insanely early. I can see them giving us the other icons just to add to the anniversary. Why would they exclude icons like the Caretaker or the Director from the 25th anniversary? I don't see Fear showing up though.

Scarezones: scarezones are a rough part to speculate, considering they are usually original. It's hard to predict any IPs that will take place street-wise. Probably a 25th anniversary scarezone. I also heard rumors of a 3rd Purge movie... If it's true, maybe we'll see the return of The Purge. That would be okay with me. I enjoyed the scarezone.

Okay. That's about it for me. I know that was A LOT of wishful thinking and random guesses, but It's not even 2015 yet so there isn't much for us to use as proof.

Guillermo Del Toro's next film, Crimson Peak, comes out next October. Supposed to be a "ghost story and a gothic romance". It's being released by Universal and produced by Legendary Pictures (Dracula Untold, Jurassic World, Skull Island)

The guys over on the Hollywood side have discussed likely getting this next year. The gothic romance part is a bit "eh" but hey Dracula Untold was part romance movie so I guess I can't complain. I don't know, it just don't seem like it would "fit" HHN. Who am I kidding, it's 11 months until the film actually comes out, so I guess it's unfair to judge now. We'll see as we get closer.

Let's look at upcoming movies from Universal Studios:

-Insidious Chapter 3: Hollywood's done a part of the series

-Jurassic World: If A&D have developed a fetish for puppets, this is where it'll go next

-Krampus: It won't be out until December of next year, but hey, look at The Wolfman from 2009

Del Toro is good friends with The Scarehouse in PA

BTW Legendary Pictures also worked with Scarehouse to bring a Trick or Treat Maze to there haunt.

We can speculate all we want to be honest but they havent even started to write storylines for houses at this point (My guess)

They start with 12 houses with a rough layour for all the houses, then they cut houses to 8.. By Dec there writing out the storylines out,

I do recall "Trick R Treat 2" being speculated for HHN24.

Don't forget, out of all the 2015 horror movies, Trick R Treat 2 is dated to come out in October of 2015. (if I'm getting my facts correctly)

Anyways, I can see Trick R Treat 2 happening, and that's an IP I'd actually enjoy seeing.

Hey and what about 3D houses?

I know a lot of people dislike 3D houses, but I'm one who enjoys them. Think we could be seeing a 3D house after not seeing one for HHN24?

• Like 1

I do recall "Trick R Treat 2" being speculated for HHN24.

Don't forget, out of all the 2015 horror movies, Trick R Treat 2 is dated to come out in October of 2015. (if I'm getting my facts correctly)

Anyways, I can see Trick R Treat 2 happening, and that's an IP I'd actually enjoy seeing.

I know a lot of people dislike 3D houses, but I'm one who enjoys them. Think we could be seeing a 3D house after not seeing one for HHN24?

I could vaguely see a Jack house being 3D if we get one with only him. I believe Murdy over at Hollywood said TrT was possible if that sequel came out.

I'm with you on this. I love 3D houses. I don't understand all the flack they get. I enjoy color in a haunted house. Also being a fan of camouflage scares adds to me enjoying 3D houses. I'm tired of dark and brown rooms *cough* the walking dead *cough*. I play too many video games for that xD

• Like 1

HHN 24 did not feature a 3D house and I don't think it hurt them, however the Ritual type house first slated to be in SS22 before FDTD was rumored to be 3D so they obviously still want to do those types of houses, so we may see one next year. Hell it might be that house exactly for all we know. Maybe it'll be TWD to take it in another new direction :P

3D shouldn't be used just because it's colorful. The 2 purposes of 3D is false depth and disorientation. To make you see something that isn't there, or the opposite: to make you NOT see what IS there. The In-Between nearly mastered this, and the Christmas Light room in P&T, too.

When the question "does it need to be 3D?" comes into play, the answer will mostly be No. Can the story be presented through the normal means? Of course it can! unless you are trying to hide something that is right in plain sight of the guests. I'm not against 3D, I just don't like wasted potential.

• Like 2

Now I've only been in Havoc 2 and Dracula Untold out of these action mazes, and personally I liked both. Havoc 2 was okay, but not one of the stronger houses that year, and I loved Dracula, to me it's surprise goodness made up for what to me was AVP's disappointing...dissapointingness. Again, everything's a matter of opinion. Personally, with Dracula being a strong house to me, I'm almost actually sort of intrigued to see if and how they'll do the other ones in this Cinematic Universe they're creating. I mean, The Mummy gets it's reboot in 2016 and from what I've read, it's been done twice before (with mixed results, I heard.), so yeah. But in all, I do agree that anything can be horror.

when they do walking dead again, my biggest hope would be that they just do one regular house in the parade building and one zone in the kid's zone area. And that's it.
I wish they would stop with the gimmicks. I know people loved the mega house and everything but I think it should go back to that building and stay in that area. And I would hope it's just a regular house and not another mega house.

seeing zombies for so long starts to get boring after a while. It would be cool to see a walker zone outside the queue but I hope that's all they do

We havent seen Jack since 2010 and the event has changed in so many ways.. One way is the fan base, its A LOT younger now then it was in 2010. Hell some people who have gone over the last few yrs didnt know what a scare zone was til this yr. Some people might go "Who's the clown?". They need to explain to the GP who the icons are in cause its been 5yrs since they used them.

I'm thinking LT will help set up the back stories to the icons for the modern day audiences as well give the die hard fans some cool new info on the beloved icons

• Like 2

just curious. What would hhn have to bring to the table next year to get you to attend?

For starters? Half as many people in the park.

A finished product opening night.

A ticket price that isn't more expensive than a day ticket.

Regarding the actual artistic direction of the event?

Less reliance on e-proms/more freedom for the scareactors in houses. It creates a droll, formulaic experience that zaps away the true "art" of scaring.

Grander scaled zones with uniquely silohuetted monsters.

A more "raw" feel to the aesthetic. More visceral scenes that are simply unnerving (case in point - severed triceratops head and strung-up and bloody Wolverine and Captain America from 2002).

Longer houses.

An email from Universal saying they're using an idea I've posted. I'd go to see that.

I know that's not the answer you expected. There's a myriad of reasons I no longer attend. Stuff like what's written above is why. That said, there's two houses that would legitimately make me and my wife consider taking a trip to Orlando: A Screamhouse (that returns to Caine's manor... Not Resurrection)' and Ghost Town. And those two houses would do it only because of the sentimental value we place on them.

Now, things can change. If we get a chance to do an RIP tour for free, we'd take advantage of it. But basically, unless there is a wholesale change in the management of the event I'm not going back.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 3

when they do walking dead again, my biggest hope would be that they just do one regular house in the parade building and one zone in the kid's zone area. And that's it.

I wish they would stop with the gimmicks. I know people loved the mega house and everything but I think it should go back to that building and stay in that area. And I would hope it's just a regular house and not another mega house.

seeing zombies for so long starts to get boring after a while. It would be cool to see a walker zone outside the queue but I hope that's all they do

The Walking Dead is best left as a scare zone. Nothing more.

I love how people on here aren't talking about if the walking dead is coming back. It's when the walking dead comes back. That's when you know you've overdone something.

It was one of the biggest houses. It's going to happen. Might as well set yourself up for the disapointment now.

Based on this season so far, we will have classic scenes like:

A Blowed up Terminus

A generic cabin

Generic woods

Standing in a church with no walkers.

Looking into a hole full of water and zombies

Hot wiring a car

Bob-B-Q

Hospital with a bunch of people sitting around talking

A library with no walkers and people screwing while a dude watches

Abraham beating people with a soup can in a grocery store

zombies hit with a firehose

and finally Zombies really far away on a road in what looks like a chicken farm.

Plus Many More!

Don't me wrong, I actually like this season of TWD... mainly because it doesn't deal with zombies much.

Still a whole lot of rediculous things that insult the viewers intellegence (i.e. Walking through water that has had rotting corpses in it for three years and expecting not to die from it, Bottle rockets are precise insttruments of firey death, Tyreese kicked out of a cabin and kills every walker in the vicinity with his bare hands yet they are treated like a formidable threat everytime they are encountered, etc.) But I never have seen the show as something that translates well to HHN. But apparently I'm wrong bc the GP eat it up... apparently.

• Like 2