Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Lastly right now is just brainstorming phase of HHN 25, there not talking to IPs yet nor they know what all they want to do with the event.

I'm not sure I can wholly agree with this sentiment. There are something's (Jack's return) that must have already been approved. While Marketing/Social Media have had some faux pas recently (I'm being kind), hinting at the return of the "most beloved" of the icons to fans and the general public would be a huge error if his return was not set in stone.

I feel there is a basic "road map" already in play, and the route just needs to be firmed up and fleshed out. A&D know where they want to go, but are not entirely sure of all the rest stops needed to get there. (I have no idea why I'm using a driving analogy.)

As for the return, I'm ambivalent. I was far more excited by the return heralding a possibility of backstory, and the most thrilling part of the "clue" (does it really count as a hint or clue when they smack you in the face with it?) was the use of "Pop Goes the Weasel". I love children's songs when they are used in fantastically creepy ways. It's the same reason I love calliope music. It can be used with great effect to induce fear. But I digress.

As for thoughts about HHN25, this first "announcement" leaves plenty of time for future announcements. Media/Marketing as set the stage for more updates through out the year. One can hope this may be a return of more interactive marketing/websites.

• Like 4

I don't see them repeating anything that's not TWD. it's DEFINITELY not A&D's style and I don't think Marketing or Management would see a draw in bringing it back.

I've been thinking for a while now that after AvP's and Halloween's successes, the only way to go is Freddy vs Jason. People have been BEGGING for both to come back, and Halloween proved slasher houses can still be scary, so that would made the most sense and would be a HUGE draw. Only problem is the rights. I have no knowledge on that but I know in 07 NLC wouldn't let them do a FvJ scarezone or have freddy make a cameo in F13 and vise versa so maybe they can't.

2 parks and 9 houses seem pretty much a given at this point. Real spec should be maybe 10 houses? How many zones? A third show maybe? Will WWoHP be open (please!!!)

If it was a 10 house lineup, I'm guessing:

SSs- TWD 4.0, FvJ, AHS, Insidious. 2 in each park.

IoA has the options of Poseidon, JP Discovery Center, Carnage Warehouse, Popeye extended.

USF, if they start construction on KidZone within the next year, only has Disaster and the 2 tents in addition to the soundstages.

My wishful thinking is the 4 major IPs are in the SSs, and the other 6 houses are sequels and originals. Nightingales, Icon house, possibly one more repeat, and 3 originals.

Shows could happen in FFL, Toon Amphitheater, Animal Actors, Beetlejuice, and Sinbad.

Then have all the major rides open and that's PLENTY to keep the crowds spread out.

• Like 1

There's no logical reason to spec two parks. I cannot emphasize enough on how difficult moving between the two parks would be.

I was looking at a 2006 park map. They used another entrance other that Seuss, right beside Poseidon's Fury. What was built between then and now that makes that way useless?

Also, Why not restrict access to WWoHP sections, and charge a premium for access? Then the train would make for a third option between 2 parks.

I was looking at a 2006 park map. They used another entrance other that Seuss, right beside Poseidon's Fury. What was built between then and now that makes that way useless?

Also, Why not restrict access to WWoHP sections, and charge a premium for access? Then the train would make for a third option between 2 parks.

Four things have been built since 2004 (when they did two parks) that prevent it from happening again:

The bus stop behind Cat in the Hat. It's probably the easiest to work around, but you still have to worry about dozens of containers being stored nearby (and would have to move).

Blue Man Group doesn't impact the original crossover under the breezeway, but it doesn't eliminate the only viable, alternate front route between it and Hard Rock. Allowing crowds to go in front of it blocks off their box office, and also has guests actually outside of the park momentarily

Rip Ride Rocket is the biggest offender, since its tower sits right at the breezeway that allows movement between the parks. That combined with

The Hollywood Bowl has effectively blocked off the entirety of that front route. While it's possible for individuals to move through there easily, moving crowds through such a narrow space can't be done.

Granted, they could turn the crossover to go through the breezeway to the mass house exit, but then you have to worry about finangling the queue lines in such a way you can still fit them while taking away from their space. And then where do the casts four those four/five houses break?

The only crossover that technically remains is the back Sinbad/New York one, which was the one you didn't want use more than once a night. It was long, with nowhere to sit and nowhere to pee. And even with that, I'm not sure how open that route is now that Potter is butt-up against it.

Now, it could still be done, but the logistics of it are staggeringly difficult to when they did it before. To the point of not really being worth it. That's also ignoring the fact that "two parks" was always really "two half parks." The hike backstage is no joke, a true two park event (Jurassic Park to MIB) is legitimately too damn big since it takes over half an hour to straight line walk it. Nearly an hour with stuffing your way. Have fun with that.

That's why Hogswart Express isn't a "premium third" option. It's actually the only effective way to move between the parks.

We may see a return to Islands in 2016 once Skull Island opens, but even that is doubtful.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

How about we combine all the recent trends designed to increase revenue and attendance?

So 1st recognizable IP + 2nd Hispanic interest + Zombies + The Most Recognizable HHN Icon Ever = Jack who was destroyed at the end of HHN XX reincarnates into the body of one Juan Sanchez and becomes "Juaqui the Clown" (pronounced like Whacky) who then takes his Carnival de Los Muertos on tour in Georgia during a certain highly rated Zombie Apocalypse.

Juaqui and all his circus freaks get bitten and become a ZOMBIE EVIL CLOWN AND EVIL CARNIVAL OF ZOMBIE CIRCUS FREAKS!!!

And it all is called...

THE JUAQUING DEAD!!!!!!

(probably shoulda saved that one for April 1st, oh well)

• Like 10

How about we combine all the recent trends designed to increase revenue and attendance?

So 1st recognizable IP + 2nd Hispanic interest + Zombies + The Most Recognizable HHN Icon Ever = Jack who was destroyed at the end of HHN XX reincarnates into the body of one Juan Sanchez and becomes "Juaqui the Clown" (pronounced like Whacky) who then takes his Carnival de Los Muertos on tour in Georgia during a certain highly rated Zombie Apocalypse.

Juaqui and all his circus freaks get bitten and become a ZOMBIE EVIL CLOWN AND EVIL CARNIVAL OF ZOMBIE CIRCUS FREAKS!!!

And it all is called...

THE JUAQUING DEAD!!!!!!

(probably shoulda saved that one for April 1st, oh well)

lmao, I was like "what the hell is Jimmy thinking?" but then I laughed when I read 'THE JUAQUING DEAD!!!!!!" haha. By the way, I was the guy who randomly ran up to you near Finnigans and said I'm a fan of your videos.

Curiously, do you know anything about next year? What they're aiming for?

I received a survey link in my email this morning. Can you guess what was included? That's right, The Juaquing Dead!

If I had to guess, management will give creative 40-50% of control over content for 25 Everything else will be soulless...in a capitalistic sense, not spooky.

• Like 1

Frightanic falls in my favorites list. It was my first HHN house. Dead Exposure is still the most terrifying house I've ever been in. I loved the camp of Bloodengutz and Psycoscarepy:Home for the Holidays. 06 PUTS has fond memories for me. Strange I know, but a particular scare I received in that house will always be memorable and one of my favorites. NOES is another one that stands out. That mirror maze at the end. *shivers*

I'm currently undecided as to what I truly want to see next year. I know I'd like to revisit the past, but I don't want the past to interfere with potential new originals. I'm not fond of IPs as much, but then I think of the great things that have been done with past IPs. I want icon/icons.

Even my leading "wishful thoughts" are conflicted. When Cassilda began giving hints this past year and included the Dust Witch persona, I became excited for a potential return of Dr. Oddfellow paying homage to Mr. Dark. The only probably with that though, it would be a carnival theme again.

• Like 1

If Jack ends up taking the leading role for the anniversary, or as the "star icon" of the event, I hope he has a different appearance and role of power.

If I'm not mistaken, he was killed in HHN20, so hopefully they built a story fo rhow he returned. Just to please us fans. However, what if he ends up returning simply because of the Giggles N Gore Inc. clown factory, which was introduced to us this previous year.

I know this idea shot up during HHN24 speculation, but what if in HHN25, Jack is back and alive because the clowns at GNG inc. re-made him. Not only that, but made him BETTER. This is totally wishful thinking talking but It's just an idea. After all, Giggles N Gore featured LOTS of Jack easter eggs.

I just want a new appearance and a new backstory, but the same old heavy metal, naughty, creepy but funny personality that we all loved about Jack!

For the 25th I really dont want a event like 16 or 20. Do something new to the icons for us to enjoy... I dont know what but hopefully its good.

Maybe each Icon can get a themed scarezone and be featured on the streets? I know they've all had houses in 16 and 20, but it would be interesting to have Icon related scarezones. Like GNG minions of Jack in a Jack zone? Idk

Yeah. Having a new idea with the Icons would be interesting. I highly doubt they would give every icon their own house. Corporate would shoot that down so damn quick. We can assume the walking dead will be coming back. That's one house. That's 7 (or 8) more houses. I will assume 3 or 4 for IP's (going on the trend of the past couple of years). I think they will all get one house/scarezone and maybe the theme if there even is one.

• Like 1

They each didn't have a house during XX. They were featured in the streets. I'd rather they just give the icons a single house that actually showcases them. Basically Horror Night Nightmares from 2004, but not mediocre.

Actually, the videos from the final week could all point to that single house. The Hellgate/Vampyr videos give us a year to reference (2004). Bloodengutz gives us the house format (disconnected scenes related to an overarching theme), and the lantern is the subject matter (the icons).

Either way, stop asking for each icon to get their own house. We've done it before. It's not original.

• Like 1

Hallow'd Past was the definition of wasted potential. So many things they could've done. Having 3/5 rooms from 08 was a serious mistake, and the DE room was terrible when considering the original house, which was very scary.

I like Jack, but Caretaker's my favorite icon. Jack's definitely been allowed to do a LOT more in terms of interactivity and presence based off of things I've been told from his 2000/2001 years. If it's just Jack next year, then it's basically them just bringing him back because he's popular, not because they want to honor the event's past or icons, which I seriously doubt they're gonna do.

I do, however, think original houses/sequels will dominate the IP houses in terms of numbers. I'm think 3-4 IPs and 5-7 originals/sequels. I'm pretty firm in believing TWD and Insidious will happen. AHS has a big chance if Fox lets them, and I think Freddy vs Jason is also another property they'd at least consider for next year, if they can get the rights.

I can see 1 sequel from 2011-2014, which really only can be Nightingales at this point. No other houses have sequel traits, and Nightingales was created to be a franchise, so I'd assume they'd want to start that franchise already.

Then honor 2-3 houses from the "golden age" of HHN. Hellgate, Scary Tales, Deadtropolis, Vampyr, etc. Then an icon house and 3-4 true originals.

• Like 1

Jack...

My thoughts on Jack....

Well, he is the most beloved and recognizable of the icons. Why is he the most beloved? He was the first. He has a more "appealing" and "accessible" personality. Probably the biggest reason for his likability factor is one of my biggest qualms with the character. He personifies multiple horror tropes. His "unoriginal" traits give a sense of familiarity (ie. "unoriginal" traits: sinster clown who uses dark humor). People tend to be more comfortable and accepting of the familiar. My other biggest qualm with him is that he isn't Pennywise. Pennywise > Jack.

I understand his appeal and usage. I just don't share the love of him, but if he is the only option for the possibility of backstory, theme, and an icon... I can live with him.

• Like 4

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic