Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Okay. I am on Chapter 3 of the game The Evil Within. I know I am no where close to being done with the game. It could turn out to be a bad idea, but from what I've played, this would be a good idea for a house. I know it's zombies but that seems to be the theme HHN is going on so it could fit. Or it will be too obscure for anyone to know what it is or for Universal to pick it up. I wonder if Bethesda would be open to something like that. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Okay. I am on Chapter 3 of the game The Evil Within. I know I am no where close to being done with the game. It could turn out to be a bad idea, but from what I've played, this would be a good idea for a house. I know it's zombies but that seems to be the theme HHN is going on so it could fit. Or it will be too obscure for anyone to know what it is or for Universal to pick it up. I wonder if Bethesda would be open to something like that. Thoughts?

WB Movie World in Australia did it last year, so Bethesda is probably willing. It's first anniversary will be during HHN times next year, so it could be good timing. Problem is, does Orlando wants to try video games again, since I recall both Silent Hill and RE getting "meh" reactions at best for the majority.

As someone who doesn't play video games at all.... it would have to be a pretty big name game for me to know about it. SH and RE I think are pretty popular and the fact that had movies about them help tremendously. I thought both those houses are pretty blah but were also pretty cool. Really as long as the house is bad ass it could be based on anything for all I'm concerned!!!!

Yeah, The Evil Within was more wishful thinking than speculation. I know its stupid to think that they will bring it. Just...wishful thinking xD

Anyway, didn't we get hints or first words around Mardi Gras last year? I know it was around one of the major events Universal has and that's the only one I can think of, that and it lasts so long.

Only 267 days until opening night, but who is counting? Still hoping for a Shining house above all other IPS (maybe after Universal Monsters). I'd like to see it 50/50 orginal and movie houses this year but I know that won't happen. Most of all I'm wishing for a higher house count, 10-12 please!

Edited by Johnny Topside

Only 267 days until opening night, but who is counting? Still hoping for a Shining house above all other IPS (maybe after Universal Monsters). I'd like to see it 50/50 orginal and movie houses this year but I know that won't happen. Most of all I'm wishing for a higher house count, 10-12 please!

10-12 is gonna be a push, in my opinion. A ninth house, I feel is almost a given, but even then I'm not that sure. Shining, I'm afraid won't happen, because Stephen King will defend his properties until death.

10-12 is gonna be a push, in my opinion. A ninth house, I feel is almost a given, but even then I'm not that sure. Shining, I'm afraid won't happen, because Stephen King will defend his properties until death.

Does Stephen King have creative control over the Stanley Kubrick version? Because that's the one I'd like to see at HHN.

Does Stephen King have creative control over the Stanley Kubrick version? Because that's the one I'd like to see at HHN.

Don't exactly know the answer to that, but recently John Murdy over at Hollywood got asked about the IT TV Miniseries, and Murdy said he's tried but couldn't get it, which I presume is because of King, even though he didn't make the miniseries.

• Like 1

Since it's the 25th anniversary It's possible we get a new All Night Die In house to as an HHN past house and see Stephen King properties in it. That's COMPLETELY a wild idea, and if All Night Die In comes back, it'll probably consist of a bunch of paranormal genres. (The Conjuring, Oculus, Annabelle, Woman In Black 2, etc) since that's a large genre that can't necessarily be used as full length houses, but in this case can be used as scenes in an All Night Die In house. I'm overthinking everything, but right now without clues, that's all we can really do.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

Ew. Can we keep the Annabelle chatter to a minimum? I'm still grieving over the loss of my 12 bucks to see it. If they made the house, the queue video would be a walkthrough of the house. (In case someone didn't see the movie, it was so predictable)

Anyway, would anyone think its possible that we would have another music based house like Alice Cooper or someone similar? I would think not due to its past record. But it's something to think about at least. I wouldn't mind seeing one honestly. The best one would be Rob Zombie but he is off doing his own houses in Arizona and probably fed up with Universal at this point. So he isn't realistic to come. I really wanted to experience House of 1,000 Corpses but guess not xD

• Like 1

I'd like to play along on the "Streets as Houses, Houses as Scarezone" concept...

Houses:

Acid Assault

Bayou of Blood (focuses on Voodoo Priestess sacrifices)

Treaks and Foons

Asylum in Wonderland

The Path of the Wicked

Boogeyman (inspired by Singapore)

Dark Christmas (inspired by Hollywood)

Night Prey

Scarezone:

Demon Catina

Gothic

Hellgate Prison

PsychoScareapy

Scary Tales

These are based on praise for the original content and concepts I found most intriguing.

I'd like to play along on the "Streets as Houses, Houses as Scarezone" concept...

Houses:

Acid Assault

Bayou of Blood (focuses on Voodoo Priestess sacrifices)

Treaks and Foons

Asylum in Wonderland

The Path of the Wicked

Boogeyman (inspired by Singapore)

Dark Christmas (inspired by Hollywood)

Night Prey

Scarezone:

Demon Catina

Gothic

Hellgate Prison

PsychoScareapy

Scary Tales

These are based on praise for the original content and concepts I found most intriguing.

Honestly, though some of those house ideas would work I don't know if they'd be good. Acid Assault is just a city in its last dregs which we've seen before. They did a circus house featuring the Treaks and Foons (Funhouse of Fear) that was forgotten for a reason. Night Prey and Blood Bayou hold a lot of thematic similarities to Jungle of Doom. Boogeyman is any generic house like Dead End or Wyandot. We've seen a lot of what would be in Asylum in Wonderland and Path of the Wicked in previous Scary Tales. A Dark Christmas/Krampus house would work well, and I've always thought 7 (set in a cathedral) could be spectacular.

The zones are things they've done before (save Gothic). Demon Cantina is literally Blood Thunder Alley (or any biker zone) only with vampires. Hellgate is just generic prisoners (like the legion). Psychoscarepy is generic inmates and too similar to Hellgate. Scary Tales would suffer a tinge unless they do scenes like Face-Off or Horror Revealed because it so similar to AiWL. Gothic could work for statue scares, but without the cathedral I'm not sure if just a bunch of statue scares is enough (considering I didn't think the costumes were that impressive).

What made Gothic so cool to me was the fact that they had actors flying around, and if they were to put some ziplines into the zone, they could have the bat creatures flying around over guests. I think I remember zip lines being used before but I can't the name on the zone.

Path of the Wicked.

And if I remember correctly, they were contracted stunt performers, not regular scareactors. I may be wrong on that, though.

Ah. Path Of The Wicked. Forgot the name. Thanks, Legacy.

So what about the Gothic house. Could those have been stunt performers as well?

In the houses, they're regular performers. If I'm correct, the height of the fly-rigs (and how high above the street they were) required stunt workers. Plus, if a performer falls in a house there's likely props or safety gear directly below them to limit injuries. You also are less likely to have guests intentionally trying to mess with them. Outside, it's a straight fall to concrete (onto guests) and you invite assholes to throw stuff.
  • Like 1

Because I can never turn down King talk...

King hates, HATES, the Kubrick version. It's not a small dissatisfaction. He loathes it. (I haven't seen any recent articles showing that he has changed his opinion.) Sai King would probably be very antagonistic toward a company who put forth Kubrick's version (if King doesn't maintain some or all rights control). I doubt ostracizing the "Master of Horror" would be something either coast would desire to do. King may one day decide to allow his works to be used for haunts. Best to stay in his good graces. And since King is spending a large percentage of his time right down the road from UO (Venice/Sarasota area, I believe), he would be unlikely to miss the advertising for HHN.

Personally, I feel the book version of The Shining would make a far better haunted house. There is a more supernatural feel, iconic sounds (roque mallet booming), the focus on the boiler could add to the scenic elements, and since we have puppets now, the topiaries coming to life. While Kubrick's version has a mass appeal (recognizable), I just feel it lacks necessary elements for a house.

*returns to her reread of The Shining*

• Like 1