HHN 22 Speculation

Not sure DM will be open just because it is such a kiddie ride, but it will still be relatively new and shiny. I agree Simpsons would help, but that's just one somewhat tired ride. I think shows in AA and BJ would help as well. But it's largely a case of being creative and finding capacity.

DM will almost definitely be open because it's new. Neutron and Shrek were open in 06 for the event and Neutron is even more childish than DM which is enjoyed by people of all ages. Simpsons is very popular and has been open at HHN ever since it's inception (08 i believe was it's first year at HHN but opened in 07?). A&D said in 2010 that they were retiring RHPS, but not forever. It's been 2 years. They might bring it back this year in BJ. Since they already have the equipment for it, i wouldn't be surprised to see Death Drums come back since it was really popular. Maybe with new songs and/or themes. i think someone said that they can't use AA due to noise issues for the animals. i might be wrong though. But i think HHN should have at least 3 or 4 shows every year instead of just 2. Hell, Brushwood could come back.

Now from last year, i think we may see the return of the evolving scarezone. 7 was an enormous hit with us and the GP, so i'd expect to see something with changes throughout the night. The 3D projectors will probably return as well.

I'm fairly certain that HMU wouldn't be open, I've been told that the show Actors are under strict rules about the hours of which they can perform.

This may have changed, since it was about a year and a half ago, but it was from a show manager at Disaster.

Now, if it was purely an adult show, with specially hired actors, that would be wonderful. I would love something like Chucky's Insult Emporium inside the hmu building.

I'm fairly certain that HMU wouldn't be open, I've been told that the show Actors are under strict rules about the hours of which they can perform.

This may have changed, since it was about a year and a half ago, but it was from a show manager at Disaster.

Now, if it was purely an adult show, with specially hired actors, that would be wonderful. I would love something like Chucky's Insult Emporium inside the hmu building.

I don't think it'd be the normal version of the show. I think it would be a geared more to the adults and they could hire a few people to do it. I don't think it would be a big deal to have it open considering the issues at hand.

I'm reading into your first line. Can I assume that there will still be 7 houses and they are just trying to figure out the logistics of it all? Or something different and outside the box. I'm not asking you to give up all of your info, just a bit more than you did B)

As for the rest you gave me a much needed laugh today, Thank you.

Well... I don't know nearly everything. I have heard some intriguing things but many tidbits that were supposedly "absolutely happening" are now not. Several houses that I heard were greenlighted are now gone as well. But I've heard some very fresh rumors recently that will make my little heart pitter patter at least. I am sure we will have at least 7 houses... that is pretty much given. I'm still hoping for a dual run though. Regardless were going to need to see some new permits soon.

I've heard SS 33, Sprung tent, or even revert back to the original two park idea... all of which seem plausible at this point. 33 is easily big enough for a house althought the logistics of the queue are wonky.

Another sprung tent would be easy and could probably be put several places.

The original dual park idea is viable to an extent but its already been discussed about the pros and cons of this.

I've not seen this many things up in the air in a while. It is slightly concerning... but I'm sure it will all work out.

• Like 1

This year's becoming really fun to speculate upon :D

Concerning 2 parks, it can happen with the locations at hand. Put 20 and possibly 33 lines toward IOA, SZ in Marvel and POE. At UNI, 22, Disaster!, tents. SZ's could be Sting, CP, World Expo and HLYD. It's not a bad alternative and very possible. A little reconstructing of the SZ's would obviously have to be done, but it's doable. this most likely wont happen, but if it was their last resort it would be manageable. I think it would take too long to build another tent in time for a house by Sept. there's barely enough time to build a house let alone a structure.

Edited by foREVer56

Alright... After thinking about Dr. Jimmy's "Seven Cryptic Statements" and taking into account the recent developments regarding SS 44, this is what I've come to speculate...

Original House Locations:

Sprung Tent #1

Sprung Tent #2

SS 20A

SS 20B

SS 44

SS 22

Disaster

SS 44 is now out, as far as we know, so we are down to 6 locations.

Seven Cryptic Statements with Revisions:

1. "Vincent is an interesting name."

2. "I drink Dr. Pepper, and I'm proud."

2. "Pyramids."

3. "Winnebago."

4. "Sometime, when I'm joking, I'm actually being quite serious."

5. "Water Spouts."

6. "19th Century."

7. "Twins."

7. "Photograph."

The original video was first mentioned in this thread on Jun 10th. The message was then revised on June 18th.

Additional Clues:

1. "It appears one of my cryptic statements (won't say which one!) was based on my taking something a little different than it was intended... so pardon my language but that just sucks goats." This tells us that one of the original statements was incorrect.

2. "All I can say is don't expect to see any heroic twins, or feathered serpents this year, and that sucks goats. Which there won't be any of this year either." This tells us that an additional statement had to be changed after the demolition of SS 44.

"I feel pretty good about half of this list too...."

Walking Dead

American Werewolf in London

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Phantom of the Opera

The Shining

Alice Cooper House

My Conclusion:

We were given 7 statements in the first message (before demolition) and 7 statements in the second message (after demolition). If we're down to 6 houses, what does this combined with the additional clues tell us? Possibly, one or more of these statements do not pertain to a house but to something else, or two of these statements now pertain to the same house (if you believe that these were and are individual clues for each of the 7 permits). This is what I believe...

1. "Vincent is an interesting name." This is the Alice Cooper house, as Alice Cooper's real name is Vincent Furnier and there's been heavy speculation that his Hollywood house from last year will be coming to Orlando this year.

2. "Pyramids." Plural, pyramids, makes me think it's cultural or structural somehow. If it were singular, I would have thought it was referring to a logo or maybe something metaphorical. Maybe Native American or Algonquian? It's technically a cone, but I think of tipis when I think of pyramids. Egypt just seems too easy to me, and I don't know if pyramids is a strong enough link to the Mayans specifically.

3. "Winnebago." The Walking Dead

4. "Sometimes, when I'm joking, I'm actually being quite serious." Something mentioned in the April Fools' Day videos is probably coming to fruition this year. This problem is, was it mentioned in this year's videos or last year's videos?

5. "Water Spouts." I really think this is a hint at a lagoon show or at Universal's Cinematic Spectacular.

6. "19th Century." My guess at this one is a stretch, but maybe H. P. Lovecraft or The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Lovecraft was born in 1890, although his writings were contemporary, and Hunchback was published in 1831, although the story is set in 1482.

7. "Photograph." I think this is referring to the photograph of construction materials being brought into SS 44. Plural, photographs, would have made me think of maybe a Dead Exposure sequel, but it's singular. I think that this was originally the clue for the Mayan house. "Twins," correlates with, "All I can say is don't expect to see any heroic twins, or feathered serpents this year." I think what happened was that Alice Cooper was originally slatted to be in SS 44, and due to contractual obligations something else had to be booted and/or moved in order for it to stay as planned. Maybe the Mayan house had to be dropped all together. If it was the dual-run house, maybe it had to be reduced to just a normal house in order to give Alice Cooper the room it needs. History says that a dual-run house would probably be planned for SS 22, given our options. Alice Cooper may very well be what's going to end up there. Maybe multiple houses had to be moved in order for it to stay. While this would more than likely require new permits to be filed, maybe they were able to find a way around it, or they just haven't submitted their changes yet.

Another idea is that "I drink Dr. Pepper..." was in fact related to an American Werewolf in London, which has now been scrapped. I don't see any reason to have an American Werewolf in London House this year, but I can't think of anything else for that clue. And I have no idea what "... but that just sucks goats," was ever refering to. I still think that having a third Sprung Tent isn't out of the equation yet either.

• Like 2

I think there are some very valid points in there. Some are dead on and I also think a few are being misunderstood completely.

I'm pretty sure they are all in regards to houses. Seven codes=seven houses.

As for the "Sometimes when I'm joking, I'm quite serious" hint, here's a list of the "joke houses" from this year's joke video from the Doc:

1. Fear Factory (House with Fear)

2. Cuthulu house (Lovecraft house)

3. The Munsters

4. When the Cows Come Home

5. Horror at Hogwartts

6. Cannibal House

7. Path of the Wicked

8. Penn and Teller's Apocolypso

If this is what Dr. Jimmy means by "Sometimes when I'm joking, I can be quite serious", I can see either two or seven happen. It will probably be an Oz-related house or a Lovecraft house.

As for the "Sometimes when I'm joking, I'm quite serious" hint, here's a list of the "joke houses" from this year's joke video from the Doc:

1. Fear Factory (House with Fear)

2. Cuthulu house (Lovecraft house)

3. The Munsters

4. When the Cows Come Home

5. Horror at Hogwartts

6. Cannibal House

7. Path of the Wicked

8. Penn and Teller's Apocolypso

If this is what Dr. Jimmy means by "Sometimes when I'm joking, I can be quite serious", I can see either two or seven happen. It will probably be an Oz-related house or a Lovecraft house.

i agree. Fear's obviously not happening, along with Potter, Cannibal, Cows and Munsters. P&T is the only one that had a chance along with those 2, but that doesn't look likely. I'd put money on it being the Lovecraft one since they've had it already and they had massive sucess with Poe last year.

And I have no idea what "... but that just sucks goats," was ever refering to.

Almost definitely a reference to the "Chupacabra," literally the "goat-sucker." It's a mythical or cryptozoological creature from Mexico that, as I recall, sucks the blood out of goats. Could have tied into a Mayan-themed house, or could have been its own thing, possible reusing costumes from the "Day of the Dead" scare zone two years ago.

Re: water spouts. I know conventional wisdom says lagoon show, but assuming all 7 of these were houses... the only thing I can connect to "water spout" is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Maybe giant spiders or some kind of arachnophobia theme? Or, heh heh, maybe a sequel to "Maximum Carnage" to really rustle Disney's jimmies. [Last one was a joke]

• Like 1

I would love to see a cryptozoological house based on maybe all Creatures, jersey devil, big foot, mothman, chupacabra... I could see that, and that's the only thing that comes to mind to me whenever I hear sucks goats lol... As for 19th century that could be our UNi old school monster house... Mostly all of those novels for the movies were 19 th century... Honestly though I think dr Jimmy's just twisting our brains here lol

• Like 3

1. Vincent=Alice Cooper

2. Pyramids= something Algonquian since Jimmy made a reference to that word in a comment on one of his videos and it fits

3. Winnebago= this is a tough one :P Walking Dead in Disaster

4. "when im joking, im serious"=in reference to his April Fool's joke, i see Lovecraft being a house this year

5. Water Spouts=Lagoon Show

6. 19th century= Either Hunchback or Vampires located in 20A most likely

7. Photograph= beats me.

I'm thinking AC, Pyramids and 19th Century being SS20/22 and Lovecraft/Photographs in the tents. That leaves 33 unknown to me, unless Water spouts refers to a disaster type house(which i dont really see happening)

i think there's still some hope for a dual-run in 22. there's nothing discouraging this belief and it's doable.

Moved some posts related to SS44 construction to the construction thread. Please use that thread to discuss all things regarding to construction. Thanks.

Re: water spouts. I know conventional wisdom says lagoon show, but assuming all 7 of these were houses... the only thing I can connect to "water spout" is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Maybe giant spiders or some kind of arachnophobia theme? Or, heh heh, maybe a sequel to "Maximum Carnage" to really rustle Disney's jimmies. [Last one was a joke]

There is a movie coming out called Storage 24. It's a Universal movie that seems to feature a giant spider trying to kill people in a warehouse. It could be something or it could be nothing. At times in the trailer it looks like the "creature" is a spider at other times it doesn't. It is a Universal movie so it may fit. Check out the trailer and tell me what you think.

There is a movie coming out called Storage 24. It's a Universal movie that seems to feature a giant spider trying to kill people in a warehouse. It could be something or it could be nothing. At times in the trailer it looks like the "creature" is a spider at other times it doesn't. It is a Universal movie so it may fit. Check out the trailer and tell me what you think.

Maybe its Fear! lol jk

I think I wouldnt be dissapointed by that becoming a house but would it be like Creatures!?(I never got to do Creatures! but I heard the aliens were used sparingly

Edited by MMMU

I would love to see a cryptozoological house based on maybe all Creatures, jersey devil, big foot, mothman, chupacabra... I could see that, and that's the only thing that comes to mind to me whenever I hear sucks goats lol... As for 19th century that could be our UNi old school monster house... Mostly all of those novels for the movies were 19 th century... Honestly though I think dr Jimmy's just twisting our brains here lol

It'd be great if they can bring legendary truth into this, and maybe have them in the woods looking for big foot, or another creature.

• Like 1