HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

When it comes to Halloween Horror Nights everyone sets there expectations high because of the shear magnitude of the event. Trust me if Uni wants to pull off an extreme house, They will. But one thing to always remember no matter what the outcome of a house or the entire event for that matter we should all be happy and privileged that HHN even exists...:)

I am happy that HHN exists, but privileged, no, we pay for the event . Universal puts on the yearly haunt for one reason, profits period. The amount of money spent to put on

the event has to have a % of return or they would drop it like a hot potatoe.

We are lucky that they have the talent , and dedication to put it on year after year(while making a profit) and keeping us drooling all year long as to what they have up

there sleeve for the next event.

I am happy that HHN exists, but privileged, no, we pay for the event . Universal puts on the yearly haunt for one reason, profits period. The amount of money spent to put on

the event has to have a % of return or they would drop it like a hot potatoe.

We are lucky that they have the talent , and dedication to put it on year after year(while making a profit) and keeping us drooling all year long as to what they have up

there sleeve for the next event.

True we do pay for it and yes they would probably discontinue the event if no money was being made. But the people who make the event happen ie..Aiello, TJ, Braillard, all really love doing it so you must believe that when they are planning for this years HHN or any year HHN for that matter the money isn't the only thing that they are thinking about... :)

Evil wasn't in the Catacombs. There was nothing, "evil," about the doctors. They were sick, cursed to stay tortured for centuries in the forgotten tunnels, and really pissed off. But not evil.

I guess "European" could be a theme, but it would be extremely difficult to market something like that. If anything, European folk tales could be a source.

I meant evil as in the essence not that it was hidden in the catacombs

So we all know that this is mad speculation time, where most things speculated are nonsense. Therefore, it is my duty to ALSO add some useless, if not, predictable Speculation.

Someone mentioned earlier that 7X7 could mean 7 houses and scarezones, while someone else mentioned that 7X7 could represent Bloody Mary because of seven years of bad luck for breaking a mirror. Well, what if it is both:

7- Houses

7- Scarezones

7- Years of Bad Luck

7- Mary is our last icon of the main seven: 1) Jack 2) Caretaker 3) Director 4) Story teller 5) Usher 6) Fear 7) Mary Agana

Of course, I am expecting people to claim that it is too early for me to speculate on anything, as always. But I just wanted to let off some steam. I am in anxiety waiting for this years event only because I am very worried about it.

So we all know that this is mad speculation time, where most things speculated are nonsense. Therefore, it is my duty to ALSO add some useless, if not, predictable Speculation.

Someone mentioned earlier that 7X7 could mean 7 houses and scarezones, while someone else mentioned that 7X7 could represent Bloody Mary because of seven years of bad luck for breaking a mirror. Well, what if it is both:

7- Houses

7- Scarezones

7- Years of Bad Luck

7- Mary is our last icon of the main seven: 1) Jack 2) Caretaker 3) Director 4) Story teller 5) Usher 6) Fear 7) Mary Agana

Of course, I am expecting people to claim that it is too early for me to speculate on anything, as always. But I just wanted to let off some steam. I am in anxiety waiting for this years event only because I am very worried about it.

Why are you very worried about this years event? When it comes to your speculation I think that is a good idea honestly. When they said the icons were going away for awhile I never heard anything about Dr Agana. I don't think they could really do the whole Bloody Mary thing though because of the licensing issues that surround that name, unless a deal is worked out of course. All speculation right now is a shot in the dark but it is still worth talking about.

Edited by AaronPaHHNFan

Guest FL Universal Jax

True we do pay for it and yes they would probably discontinue the event if no money was being made. But the people who make the event happen ie..Aiello, TJ, Braillard, all really love doing it so you must believe that when they are planning for this years HHN or any year HHN for that matter the money isn't the only thing that they are thinking about... :)

This is so incredibly true. As a matter of fact, I have heard TJ say that everything they do is for entertainment. This is always true with anything Universal does.

On a side note, the main reason for each and everyone of us coming back year after year is because we want to be entertained by a specific theme. For us the theme is "horror."

While Universal does look to make a profit of their business, I can assure you that there main goal is entertainment.

7 houses and 7 scarezones is not unlikely. It would be one less house (yes, feel free to remind me "They will NEVER lower the house count!"), but one extra scarezone. The most likely new location seems to be Sunset Blvd., perhaps to fit in with the famous pumpkins?

I'm not really predicting the return of Mary so quickly after they said they're starting from a clean slate.

7- Houses

7- Scarezones

7- Years of Bad Luck

I hope A&D is thinking of this, and would be estatic if she comes to XXI!

I guess it would make sense. Even though Fear didn't destroy or bannish the icons of what we know, it was said that there would be a new era of darkness. Since Mary wasn't present last year, it would make sense for he to return without being questioned by the whole "new era of darkness, ect" to some degree.

Do y'all understand what I'm trying to say?

I'm sorry you feel that way, though it is true I was not here last year I do bring valid info, I never said what I have said is 100% but trust my dedication to HHN. I am in close connection and probably one of the people that may help a certain effect that they want to be used this year come to life. So if you still feel the same due to my new status, and that my information is not viable, maybe you will feel differently afterward.

Hello there Mr. Timeout. I want to apologize to you...I said (not sure on what page) on here that you could just be a troll and that "Who is this guy anyway?".

I didn't have a right to say that, because you clearly know what your talking about lol. And you are a really nice person as I can tell. So I'm sorry.

I too can't wait to see what info you give out within the next couple months! :)

I wouldn't get your hopes up over BM. (I forgot to add THAT persistant debate to my spec a month or so ago)

A&D seems pretty gunh-ho about a new era... meaning new content. I'm glad. I just don't know why people keep bringing up stuff that is past or even things that happened last year. Its way too premature IMHO. But I guess specualtion of completely new content is difficult for most.

As for the 7x7... seems to imply houses/sz... but I think its unlikely... But hey anything is possible I guess.

The number 7 is typically considered (in judeo/Christian significance)to be a holy number and refers to the Holiness of God and completion (be it Genesis or revelation), fullness, and perfection (spiritual)... None of which I would think apply to HHN. The number six would be a better fit (number of man's secular completeness, sin (sixth chapter of the bible being the fall of man), and 666 refering to the name of the antichrist).

Of course the choice could be arbitrary or a different meaning that escapes me. The number 7 used in "seven years bad luck" goes back to the romans who believed your luck changed every 7 years.

I see a lot of people using the quotes given by Mr. Belasco and interpreting them by overlaying what they want to see. I have to wait a bit more and absorb more intel before hypothesizing a theme (because invariably I would do the same). I'm sure he knows what he is implying but it is difficult to infer from three quotes from a wide sampling of authors and genres.

I would much rather see more brain storming for new ideas... but the "Wishful thinking" thread has devolved into whether the LT house would have been better with make up. <_<

Edited by JWFearman

Maybe the 7x7 is 7 ways to die by 7 means(slasher...demon.....witch...vampire..etc.) the 8th house would be the comic relief.

or 7x7 =49 the new lower price of admission!!!! ( we should vote on this one.)

or the 7th daughter of the 7th daughter, they can be dangerous( my wife is a 7th daughter of a 7th daughter, really I 'm not kidding.)

As stated its alittle hard to discern what is meant by 7x7, I belive it will have somthing to do with a overall theme, but thats just me.

As I've said before, I agree with JWFearman's doubts about a reduction in house number. Reducing # of houses = bad publicity and negative marketing impact. Increasing # of scarezones = negligible marketing impact.

And I think you're right about the new content this year, JW. There've been a lot of rumors about the legal entanglements that Universal ran into with Bloody Mary. If she wasn't used (or even officially mentioned) last year, I don't understand why things would suddenly change a year later. I loved Bloody Mary, don't get me wrong, but it's entirely possible that we will NEVER see her again at HHN.

In regards to Bloody Mary, Green Ghost, I'm with you on that. With all the legal issues surrounding Bloody Mary, there isn't a whole lot Universal can do in ways of bringing her back as the icon we all knew and loved (and, more importantly, it's starting to look like we'll never get a chance to see ROF done right....*sigh*....what a waste....what...a...waste....)

anyway

I have been hearing alot of rumors, however, about her returning in the upcoming years. This has even been supposedly "confirmed" by my friend's buddy who works for the park. Like I said though, I'm not buying it. I do wonder, however, if we will be seeing little miss cain though....

as we still have no real info yet I am now forced to indulge myself in completely silly speculations.

7 x 7? hmmmmmmmm

I Know!!!! it means...

SEVEN SWANS A SWIMMING!!!!!

Yes! AT HHN XXI we will be at the mercy of the Seven Deadly Swans of Horror (and related media)

1. Natalie Portman all red-eyed as The Black Swan!

2. Bella Swan from Twilight!

3 Michael Beck all sexy and shirtless as Swan from The Warriors!

4. the diminutive and demonic devil called Swan from Phantom of the Paradise!

5. Dennis Hopper blowing shit up as Alex Swan from Ticker!

6. The sinister Rev. Swan from Psychosis!

7. and finally the most frightening of all the demented bird known only as The Swan from Hot Fuzz!!!

We now resume more serious speculation as best as we may without any real information.

as we still have no real info yet I am now forced to indulge myself in completely silly speculations.

7 x 7? hmmmmmmmm

I Know!!!! it means...

SEVEN SWANS A SWIMMING!!!!!

Yes! AT HHN XXI we will be at the mercy of the Seven Deadly Swans of Horror (and related media)

1. Natalie Portman all red-eyed as The Black Swan!

2. Bella Swan from Twilight!

3 Michael Beck all sexy and shirtless as Swan from The Warriors!

4. the diminutive and demonic devil called Swan from Phantom of the Paradise!

5. Dennis Hopper blowing shit up as Alex Swan from Ticker!

6. The sinister Rev. Swan from Psychosis!

7. and finally the most frightening of all the demented bird known only as The Swan from Hot Fuzz!!!

We now resume more serious speculation as best as we may without any real information.

Ms. Swan from MadTv would be the comic relief house!!!

Every year as speculation ratchets up on these online forums we see things posted by trolls posing as someone with inside information. In past years for example there was the notorious troll "damnskippy" who posted on HHNVault such inanities as the enormous tent to be erected over Islands of Adventure. Last year we all can recall the person who called himself "Dr. Raymond Holmes Inc." in mockery of another person who has left this site, who posted many cryptic clues about houses, scarezones and the Icon that proved mostly to be false (although that person seemed to have heard somehow about Hades).

And so we can be sure that again this year such attention-seeking individuals will trouble us again with vague cryptic comments that they will attempt to pass off as being actual hints or clues about HHN XXI, that will ultimately be proven false. These people will hide behind anonymous screen-names of course. And it may be that this has already started.

The person who calls himself "madatoryjawdevil" may indeed be such a troll. He has posted suggesting that he knows all about the event and has since posted cryptic comments in his status updates in the same manner as EmericBelasco whom we know to actually be a legitimate source of real information.

His latest status update today is quite intriguing. It seems to be intended as a rebuttal of the speculations about Death as an Icon of the event. Although I personally think that such an Icon is unlikely, it remains to be seen if this person has any legitimate information or is merely "pulling our chain".

Although he may simply turn out to be another troll, I am cautious to dismiss him altogether at this point as many also mistook Belasco for such a troll when he first began making his statements last year.

Every year as speculation ratchets up on these online forums we see things posted by trolls posing as someone with inside information. In past years for example there was the notorious troll "damnskippy" who posted on HHNVault such inanities as the enormous tent to be erected over Islands of Adventure. Last year we all can recall the person who called himself "Dr. Raymond Holmes Inc." in mockery of another person who has left this site, who posted many cryptic clues about houses, scarezones and the Icon that proved mostly to be false (although that person seemed to have heard somehow about Hades).

And so we can be sure that again this year such attention-seeking individuals will trouble us again with vague cryptic comments that they will attempt to pass off as being actual hints or clues about HHN XXI, that will ultimately be proven false. These people will hide behind anonymous screen-names of course. And it may be that this has already started.

The person who calls himself "madatoryjawdevil" may indeed be such a troll. He has posted suggesting that he knows all about the event and has since posted cryptic comments in his status updates in the same manner as EmericBelasco whom we know to actually be a legitimate source of real information.

His latest status update today is quite intriguing. It seems to be intended as a rebuttal of the speculations about Death as an Icon of the event. Although I personally think that such an Icon is unlikely, it remains to be seen if this person has any legitimate information or is merely "pulling our chain".

Although he may simply turn out to be another troll, I am cautious to dismiss him altogether at this point as many also mistook Belasco for such a troll when he first began making his statements last year.

His statement can be read that way,but since I'm carrying about 86% confidence that Death is at least being considered because I saw what I believe is the clue in Catacombs, I'm still going to stand by Death. It is all speculation. Emeric seemed to be a little more pointed in his vagueness (oxymoronic much?), and his accuracy last year leads us to speculate more heavily on his statements. Madatoryjawdevil's comment is too vague and too directly contradictory in my book (the fact that the context of his statement is lifted from Bible and, in my opinion, rather contrived for a horror event doesn't help its validty to me either) . Random cryptic messages don't count much to me. Even Emeric's comments I take with a whole lot of salt. This early in the game, none of it matters.

His statement can be read that way,but since I'm carrying about 86% confidence that Death is at least being considered because I saw what I believe is the clue in Catacombs, I'm still going to stand by Death. It is all speculation. Emeric seemed to be a little more pointed in his vagueness (oxymoronic much?), and his accuracy last year leads us to speculate more heavily on his statements. Madatoryjawdevil's comment is too vague and too directly contradictory in my book (the fact that the context of his statement is lifted from Bible and, in my opinion, rather contrived for a horror event doesn't help its validty to me either) . Random cryptic messages don't count much to me. Even Emeric's comments I take with a whole lot of salt. This early in the game, none of it matters.

Take Belasco's statements with salt if you must, but the evidence clearly shows that he knew all the names and details of every scarezone and house last year as well as the FEAR Icon months before they were announced. He could have only got this info if he were a member of A&D or has direct communication with a member of A&D.

For reasons of my own, I strongly suspect he is a member of A&D and I even have a good idea of which one. But I will not post my suspicions here.

(the fact that the context of his statement is lifted from Bible and, in my opinion, rather contrived for a horror event doesn't help its validty to me either)

Not from the Bible... I had to look it up... it is from the Greek playwright Sophocles.

I'm not sure... but I think I had an unpleasant run-in with this person on the vault back in... '08?

IDK. I just remember the signature.

BUT the post I posted above theirs was in no way meant to be cryptic of foreshadowing either... just had it in my head today.

I would think Belasco would have to be on A&D or very close to them.

I'm not one for figuring out clues. I tend to over think them or think them in the wrong direction. So I don't usually take any cryptic clues to heart. Because, even if it is a legitimate clue... I'm probably misinterpreting it anyway.

Edited by JWFearman

It has occurred to me that FEAR actually had XX branded into his flesh. So if they do bring the big guy back this year he will be marked "out of date" as it were.

Unless they plan to add "I" to the brand so it reads XXI.

Of course a powerful entity such as Adaru can change his appearance completely if he so desires. Hell, he could even go all transgender on us and come back this year as LADY FEAR!

oops, this is how rumors get started...