HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

I know vampires have been ruined lately but that is the thing I love about the movie "30 Days of Night" and I've said this before, whether you like the movie or not the one thing they did right was portray the vampires,

I think they could do a totally scary vampire, Like nosferatu, Edward Cullen doesn't have fangs? Make the vampire for the icon have a mouth full of fangs, I could see a bald vampire with razor sharp fangs and snake eyes, that would be really scary

Even the vampires from Buffy, the demon looking vampires were freaky, I mean, is just One icon, they just need a mask, they should be able to pull it off a scary one

wPlur.jpgd9elu.jpg

7 houses and 7 scarezones? Maybe each relating to eachother

This is exactly what I was thinking. But I am not sure if adding those scarezones is the healthiest thing the event can do. This would spread more people out and we would have an overall less amount of people per scarezone, unless, of course, they will provide the event with more scareactors.

On the bright side, 7 scarezones means less "dead zones", something that I have always hoped for.

I think more scarezones and one less house could be a good thing, I mean, houses tend to be impossible to see sometimes with their 2 hour waiting lines, I know that after the first weeks some houses become impossible to go to, There is always two houses every year that are always full, I remember I barely ever went to Dracula in 09, So a couple of more scarezones could actually be a really good thing, \

plus there wouldn't be so many dead spaces in the park!

We got us a new clue! (maybe). The cryptic Mr. Emeric Belasco who provided us with completely accurate clues about HHN XX last year has today posted here and on Facebook the following:

Full circle. A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever.

This is a quotation from the novel I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. In the book these are the final thoughts of Robert Neville.

What does this signify in relation to HHN XXI? Is the clue in the source material, or is that merely arbitrary and the clue is in the actual words themselves?

Maybe this is farfetched but the whole Full Circle aspect and the Born in Death keeps making me think of Cindy. The part about being a new terror and a new superstition could spoil this, but given that she has never been an icon or had her backstory told maybe that could explain where they are coming from. In general, the quote is contradictory as it implies the old and the new so for me Cindy is the best example.

Should we even spend time on anything Mr Timeout says? I don't remember him from anything last year. How do we know he's credible? I find it very hard t believe that in Feb you know all this stuff

I'm not sure about Timeout, but for sure believe anying Emerico Belasco says!

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, as I'm a relatively new member of this forum. Having said that, can someone please clarify what the deal is with Emeric Belasco? Why is he (or anyone, at this stage) trustworthy? Just fill me in, if you don't mind.

Trustworthyness in this context is earned through past experience. People here sit up and listen when Emeric Belasco makes one of his cryptic comments because last year every single one of such statements he made proved to be 100% true and accurate.

Long before anyone had any information about the event he gave us the name and nature of the Icon and many of the houses and zones. These were done with clever clues such as pointing us to a certain speech by Franklin Roosevelt about having nothing to fear but FEAR itself, or to a line from Shakespeare that went "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War".

It became obvious that Emeric Belasco's depth of foreknowledge about the event meant that he was likely someone on the inside, that is a primary source.

As for Marcus aka Mr. Timeout, he is yet unproven. His clues are interesting, but we do not as yet know if they can be trusted. We also know who he is, he was one of the scareactors in Havoc who could be found in the "timeout" scene. Thus he could not be a primary source but merely a secondary source. He is only as good as the information he gets from someone else, and while he may be completely honorable those who are informing him might not be. In his case we shall have to wait and see how accurate he has been.

But in Emeric Belasco's case we don't have to wait and see because he has already been proven.

Should we even spend time on anything Mr Timeout says? I don't remember him from anything last year. How do we know he's credible? I find it very hard t believe that in Feb you know all this stuff

I know him personally and although he wasn't as active last year, I trust any info he passes along. Whether the info he has is right or not it at least gets us talking and thinking about the event

I'm sorry you feel that way, though it is true I was not here last year I do bring valid info, I never said what I have said is 100% but trust my dedication to HHN. I am in close connection and probably one of the people that may help a certain effect that they want to be used this year come to life. So if you still feel the same due to my new status, and that my information is not viable, maybe you will feel differently afterward.

Edited by Mr.Timeout

I wouldn't be surprised to see an extreme house, or at least the opportunity to go through houses by yourself without needing to be lucky with timing. Alone was a huge success for Howl-o-Scream, especially since the extra charge ensured money flowing in, and A&D have wanted to do an extreme house for years. Maybe now the executives will be a bit less intimidated by the concept?

Am I on to something there Mr.Timeout? As much as I want to see an upcharge house like hos did with alone this year I would really like a super long house.

You are am not going to say about which part exactly but you definitely are. You'll know what it is when the event rolls around just keep it in mind.