HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

-There will always be people getting drunk off their a$$ and smoking in non-smoking areas. It happens on any day at UNI, doesn't matter if it's during the day, at HHN, or Mardi-Gras.

-With that being said, those issues will always be current. Now for pulsing the line and the gore factor.... That will change. Some houses they will pulse and others they will just let you go.

-With gore, there will always have that ONE house that is filled with it. Well, at least one house (Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, RUN!, ect) . They try to keep it at a good level because some guests don't like a lot of gore. I know, if they come to the event they should expect gore gore gore. I personally like the gore effects, for example the spine being ripped out. That is my favorite effect and I will stop in the house and ask the scareactor to do it, that is if he isn't already doing it lol.

-Anyways, these things will always be argued.

Last year was my first year on this board, so I've done all my arguing about alcohol, smoking, gore, etc.

Unless someone says something outrageously stupid, I don't think I'll bother getting involved in the inevitable debates again.

*digs in her mental files....'I've GOT to have something outrageously stupid to throw out there!'...nothing yet, but give me time...*

I was wondering if there should be NO online interaction; save for the obvious advertising banners and such. I'm wondering if we work ourselves into such a frenzy over what The Almighty Internets can tell us that we are too distracted to enjoy the event. We're nitpicking it to death (pun not intended)! I'm the only child of an original Trekker and I know nitpicking, but some of the debates seen regarding HHN simply blow my mind! (Really, who cares if Jack and Chance get married...it's no worse than the Chucky and Tiffany thing...plus, Chance is HAWT.) The website could go back to something more simple, 2000 through 2003 were all pretty straight-forward, with our icon, some inimation as to their story, and the set up for our involvement in the event. There would be some extras, eventually, like wallpapers and fun email greetings to send to your friends, but there wasn't a hidden agenda, a game, or even any easter eggs mysteriously hidden in the site itself. I honestly don't remember any websites prior to 2000, but I vividly remember getting that first flyer in the mail for 1998 and 1999. The excitement was still there, and it was merely an oversized postcard!

Don't get me wrong, I desperately love and live for the web updates and the clues and secrets and tiddlywinks thrown our way (child of a Trekker, remember) but maybe it's time to let us just go in with nothing...no previews, no sneak peeks, no clues...Just throw open the gates and let 'er rip!

Mae

If they do have one will it go from 8 to 7 regular houses ? I assume it would be in a sound stage, considering the

crowd issues ,long lines I think it would be good to have date and time specific tickets for a extreme house. You buy a ticket for

xdate and like a 1-2 hour window for attending.

This actually sounded good till I typed it... oh well back to the internet.

If they do have one will it go from 8 to 7 regular houses ? I assume it would be in a sound stage, considering the

crowd issues ,long lines I think it would be good to have date and time specific tickets for a extreme house. You buy a ticket for

xdate and like a 1-2 hour window for attending.

This actually sounded good till I typed it... oh well back to the internet.

I know what you are saying, that sounds like a reasonable idea. I think if they do an "alone" house they should have a time slot for you to show up like you said, the only bad thing about that is most people would probably miss there time because they will be too drunk to remember, riding some ride, or waiting in line for another house and don't realize it. Idk if anybody else is like this but when I'm at HHN I don't pay attention to the time I just pay attention to what houses I have been to and what house I'm going to next lol :D

I know what you are saying, that sounds like a reasonable idea. I think if they do an "alone" house they should have a time slot for you to show up like you said, the only bad thing about that is most people would probably miss there time because they will be too drunk to remember, riding some ride, or waiting in line for another house and don't realize it. Idk if anybody else is like this but when I'm at HHN I don't pay attention to the time I just pay attention to what houses I have been to and what house I'm going to next lol :D

If they have a certain time on the ticket and you miss your time then to me that is on you and is your problem. If you know you have to be at the house at a certain time then you should pay attention to what time it is. Especially when your paying extra to do that one house. I think having a certain time to go into the house is the perfect idea to hold down wait times for an alone type house.

With the large success of the "Alone" house, do you think Universal will get in on the action?

IMO I think, if not this year, it will be soon.

It wouldn't surprise me; the A&D guys have wanted to do an extreme house for years, and the higher-ups were the main reason the idea kept getting quashed. Now that they know it'll make money, they might be more willing to take a risk.

An alien abduction house could never be done properly as Universal could never get its legal department to clear the um, er, probing of guests.

All I can see now is Dean Winchester running through a corn field screaming "CLOSE ENCOUNTER! CLOSE ENCOUNTER!"

Universal will figure out how to do the Alone house. They'll have some separate angle to keep the two parks' (BGT and USF) ideas from being too close, but they'll figure it out.

Mae

An alien abduction house could never be done properly as Universal could never get its legal department to clear the um, er, probing of guests.

I actually made an epic walkthrough for an abduction house on the Vault just before it shut down. Sadly, the plans are lost but I could write it out from memory. Of course, in real life the house would WRECK the budget....

If they have a certain time on the ticket and you miss your time then to me that is on you and is your problem. If you know you have to be at the house at a certain time then you should pay attention to what time it is. Especially when your paying extra to do that one house. I think having a certain time to go into the house is the perfect idea to hold down wait times for an alone type house.

Of course, I was just saying there would probably be a mass complaint by the people that would miss the time they were scheduled. But I wouldn't miss the time I was given, I would actually be there 15-20 minutes early.

about the time waiting, don't they do that at Disney? I remember going to Animal Kingdom and getting a little paper with a time on it, if you didn't make it too bad, I don't see the big issue, if you miss your time, your fault

I could see drunk people fighting about it and whining, but, it would be their fault

Very nice video Jeffrey, however I am inclined to doubt that An American Werewolf in London, Saw or any such horror film will be included at HHN XX!. Also it seems rather unlikely that The Usher or any of the previous Icons would appear. FEAR however, may indeed pop up again.

Of course, I was just saying there would probably be a mass complaint by the people that would miss the time they were scheduled. But I wouldn't miss the time I was given, I would actually be there 15-20 minutes early.

I agree with you 100% on this. People would complain when they were the ones to miss the time they scheduled for sure. That's what small print on the back of the ticket is for ;) I would also be there early but were not the majority of course. I'm sure they would get people that would argue that they were in a line that was marked 15 minutes but took 45. Sad part is some of them might have a legit gripe if they used that excuse. That's why if offered I will always go with the FFP with express. Then I know I can do everything and get to the Alone house on time. I hope the obvious concerns about this type of house won't scare universal away from doing it. It is something I really want to experience.

We got us a new clue! (maybe). The cryptic Mr. Emeric Belasco who provided us with completely accurate clues about HHN XX last year has today posted here and on Facebook the following:

Full circle. A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever.

This is a quotation from the novel I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. In the book these are the final thoughts of Robert Neville.

What does this signify in relation to HHN XXI? Is the clue in the source material, or is that merely arbitrary and the clue is in the actual words themselves?