Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

Kudos to the closing cast of Hallow'd Past. I went through after 1 tonight and you guys gave me the most scares of the night. I know how tiring that last set can be and how anxious you get seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, so I really appreciate and applaud you guys for keeping the energy up. This is the second time I've left this comment, which makes me even more impressed by you guys.

Armyofrobots is all kinds of awesome. I can't even find enough words to express this.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah-ha! Invader_Butters! You're my hero too! Cast A or B? Because that's amazing when you do that, makes the house fantastic! Keep it up!

I finally caught Butters around the house opening last night. I gave a shout out "BUTTERS!!" and he kept on rolling. Saying something about

someone knowing his true identity and rifting on it without breaking his stride at all--it was a beautiful thing.

I forgot all about the peach cobbler line! Thanks for reminding me, it always surprises me what sticks in people's heads.

Blonde Eddie=my cast. This seems to be the easiest way to tell one cast from the other, because the Eddies look so different.

Thank goodness it's another FFP night, because you guys really make my night. The true fans, who are well-behaved, appreciate what we do, and know who we are, is what makes this job so wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I get good guests on Saturday nights too, but not like the other nights. Rarely, rarely do the "regular" guests know who any of us are in Fear Revealed.

Finally caught Kim's cast and got a lovely pic with the Storyteller. She showed such evil glee when I called her by name. A short visit

but a memorable one.

We tried to catch Cindy but she was darting around like there was a fire or sumptin--I got tired just watchin her.

My daughter was on photo hunt so we hung in the "warehouse" set a bit I enjoyed the Frankenstein monster creping up on her while she

was fiddling with her camera and scaring her.

She also had a great interaction with the vampire...he came up glaring at her she said "do

you want a picture" he said nothing "she said back up a little please" he took a step back. She took the picture and he came close to

look at the picture on the camera. She said "pretty good" he looked at it, then her, then grunted/growled, nodded to us and walked off

funny stuff.

Ahaha yeah, butters totally made my night in zombiegeddon, I was walkting through and he was like "YOU LOOK LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO SAY SOMETHING" so I just said in his ear "INVADER BUTTERS" and he was like "HOW DID YOU KNOW?!" and then continued on about someone knowing his identity aswell! Was beautiful!

I finally broke away from them at 12:50, and beelined to Catacombs while cutting through Esqueleto and 20 years. Well, nothing interesting happened in Esqueleto for the first time...ever. But 20 years got me grinning again. I get to the end and the pumpkin man approaches me, and starts making gestures. I figure that he wants to pet the stuffed flamingo be brought with me, but he shakes his head, and points at my shirt, then points behind me. Lo and behold, a HNN member is sitting on the bench (Hi Amber!). We chatted for all of 15 seconds (lol) and I tried to get the wolfman to eat my stuffed flamingo.

Haha he was trying to tell you that V was dead & to look at my shirt. He brought me a few people last night. Haha. He took another HNN member's drink & ran over to me and handed it to me. So funny. He definitely made my night too.

OK, some more shoutouts from last night

First from Hallow'd Past - Alice (cast that has Director, Chance and Caretaker), you were AMAZING, you really got me with the swinging of the rabbit guts around which caused me to almost back into the Mad Hatter for a wonderful scare, loved it, thank you very much!

Second, Mary Shaw (around 8:50pm last night), you wheeled right up and got in my face and followed me around for what seemed like forever, loved it very much

Finally, the "suprise" zombie at the end of Zombiegeddon, I caught you right as they were doing a cast change so not sure which cast you are on but I LOVED your rendition of "Stop In The Name of Zombies!" to the tune of "Stop in the name of Love"

OOPS, can't forget my Fear Reveled shout-outs again

First thank you to The Director (blonde Chance was out at the same time, if that helps) who "cast" me as the lead in his next movie. Awesome scare with the camera at the end of playing around and I was loving every second of it.

And thank you again to both Ushers as usual for taking the time to chat with one of your biggest fans again (I ended up there right near the switch out so I said HI to both) and for taking another picture since the first did not turn out good at all.

ALSO to the Usher in the red-headed Chance's cast (that how I am able to tell them apart) you really made my night last night when you were playing with one of Fear's minions. I personally found the two of you following each other around the most awesome and hilarious (I know you guys are trying to scare but a little fun is good too) thing ever. I was literally cracking up when you were following the Minion around and sneaking up on people together. Pure awesomeness!

Catacombs has ruled all year. I love Cast A but Cast B is nipping at their heels.

Had a blast with Cast B in Psychoscareapy last night too. Loved the maniac in the first room who came over the desk at me the first time we went through, when the nurse wasn't there. Returned on a later set, nurse was there, but he still came after me again! And then I got a "Welcome back, honey," inside the house. You guys have finally gotten me over my grudge against it not being a comedy version this year.

I'd better not tell hubby that's Invader_Butters in Zombie or he'll be calling him out. He kept harrassing him about the free Twinkies yesterday. That house has matured very nicely, although the Ops people were going nuts with the flashlights and "Keep moving! Keep moving!" in there last night.

Haha he was trying to tell you that V was dead & to look at my shirt. He brought me a few people last night. Haha. He took another HNN member's drink & ran over to me and handed it to me. So funny. He definitely made my night too.

Yeah, next year I'll probably ditch my good ol' vault shirt, this year I really wasn't able to afford an HHN shirt XD. That's pretty awesome, I may try sitting there before the event is up and see what happens to me.

Also, is Invader Butters the one at the end of Zombiegeddon? There's a particular zombie that always makes the V with his hands, and I always salute him, and he returns the salute. Always puts a smile on my face. In fact, I don't think I ever made a shoutout to him, so here it is lol. I usually salute my scareactors. The captain in Hallow'd Past really seems to love it.

Some shout-outs from last night (10/24)...

-Both casts of the Orfanage. I managed to hit two when you guys opened (A) and one much later in the night via Express (B) - I had three amazing runs, with some HHN n00bs who loved the house. Both Cindy's at the beginning are AMAZINGLY creepy - and they always seem to come up with some witty line when they hear me actually refer to my name :)... "Just because you know my name doesn't mean you won't BURN!"; "Oh, you know my name! I bet you think you deserve a gold star!"; "Back again?... did you bring me some matches this time?" The singing when the line backed up for Cast B was great, too. That black pirate got me... AGAIN... both times through his cast, and the other pirate in B nailed me to the point of me flying backwards into the previous room! The orphan on the cargo net was being amazingly creepy, and the orphans in the Halloween room playing hide and seek were a blast. The finale orphans & Cindy have really mastered their trade, with me getting a 4-way scare on my last pass - one Orphan from each side, Cindy coming at me from her tiny cranny, and the Orphan on the left following me to the exit. Thanks guys!

-Catacombs casts for rocking it yet again. As I've said before, most consistent house in the event. I've grown a little accustomed to the layout so the scares have gone down just a tad since I know where you're coming from - but one of the doctors really startled me in the last excavation room (the roundabout) - for some reason I didn't know the doctor could come out of that particular area. Also loved the doctor at the center seemingly "blessing" the corpse, that was great!

-HAVOC cast for putting on a show - I had a group of screaming girls in front of me, and it was very entertaining to watch you guys nail the shit out of them. That black guy in the red sheet room got me again, as did the female DOW after the chainsaw.

-Coven Witches: Didn't get a chance to pass through your zone on Friday so I made an extra effort to go through it last night - it was worth it! The taller witch holding the eye was taunting me, moving around with me, until she jerked and hissed at me making me jump before she ran off to get someone else! One of the siren witches got me as well - I need to start paying better attention... No puritans, sadly.

-Twenty Years of Fear: This Little Piggy started taunting me when I had my arms on my hips, examining some of the props on the shelves. Gave me a good chuckle.

-FEAR Revealed: So you guys have officially taken 1st place for scare zones this year IMO. The interaction between all of the icons is just incredible. I spent a good hour roaming around with both casts and it was great fun - my favorite was when Julian (Blonde Eddie's cast) "took control" of one of the Minions, holding its cloak like a leash and carrying it around... Chance soon followed suit. They were enjoying the hell out of it and so was I! Chance had the Caretaker's scissors early on in the night - I asked her why, she replied she wanted to just cut everyone up, and upon spotting one vocally declared she'd like to cut up all of the soulless little gingers of the world. Watching Eddie was also extremely entertaining - you could tell from under those prosthetics that he was grinning ear to ear as he chased the easy screamers. Where was FEAR, though? He seems to have a different set time than everyone else, as he'd leave long before any of the Minions did (but then would enter with the Minions of the next cast). Which reminds me, the Minions (when they weren't being used as a pet!) were really going all-out with the scares and top-notch interactions... I got growls, hisses, movement replication, taunts, the whole shebang - twas great.

-Saws'n'Steam: The goggle guys midway through kept getting me - they'd do a stare down, follow along, and then lunge. Again, I'm very rarely targeted in scare zones, so the attention is well-appreciated!

-Legendary Truth: Floor Ghost followed me perfectly in sync with my walking, even when I sped up a little or slowed down. Very unnerving. :) In addition, I finally got to see the full effect of the bedsheet girl - very, very creepy and uncomfortable, love the enthusiasm! Finally, I was actually the first individual to head through this house during the Stay'n'Scream - apparently you guys weren't quite ready for me as you were still adjusting your masks... apologies for "walking in", so to speak. I did have to chuckle when I arrived in the living room and found an Op talking to the window ghost. "Can I help you?" "Err, I'm a guest." /ghost goes alert and retreats into his boohole.

-Psychoscareapy: The inmate they now have in the first room keeps giving me staredowns and follows me... and this house continued to improve in my eyes, with the "insanity" aspect much more evident.

-Hades: Had a great pair of runs through this house. I got two full scares from Charon, some great startles courtesy of the Stygian Witches (that last one can really blend in!), and special attention from the Fury & torturer. Still remains one of my favorites, thanks for the great scares guys!

Yeah, next year I'll probably ditch my good ol' vault shirt, this year I really wasn't able to afford an HHN shirt XD. That's pretty awesome, I may try sitting there before the event is up and see what happens to me.

Also, is Invader Butters the one at the end of Zombiegeddon? There's a particular zombie that always makes the V with his hands, and I always salute him, and he returns the salute. Always puts a smile on my face. In fact, I don't think I ever made a shoutout to him, so here it is lol. I usually salute my scareactors. The captain in Hallow'd Past really seems to love it.

I think the zombie you are seeing is me... does this happen in the last room of the house? Or outside? Cuz I have been placed in that last spot also. I know I remember someone saluting me in both spots... Not on the same night of course.

Both times I saluted the zombie (most likely you) it was in front of the van. I do remember a few nights before, however, a zombie chasing me from the bullhorn area (though I don't remember him having a bullhorn at the time) and giving me the vault sign. Just last night I did it, I think it was during a shift change when I came through. Butters=the megaphone man at the beginning, right? And the cast opposite to the blonde one with the gap in the teeth?

I wear glasses, have the glowing vault shirt, and have a bit of a mustache. I'll call out your sn next time it happens if my memory holds through till next time lol.

Both times I saluted the zombie (most likely you) it was in front of the van. I do remember a few nights before, however, a zombie chasing me from the bullhorn area (though I don't remember him having a bullhorn at the time) and giving me the vault sign. Just last night I did it, I think it was during a shift change when I came through. Butters=the megaphone man at the beginning, right? And the cast opposite to the blonde one with the gap in the teeth?

I wear glasses, have the glowing vault shirt, and have a bit of a mustache. I'll call out your sn next time it happens if my memory holds through till next time lol.

Yeah, thats me. I was a member of the vault, so I know the shoutout. Not many do. I like the salute. It's fun. I got you from that last spot too, I was filling in for the guy that is normally there. I am supposed to be by the van but I get moved from time to time. And do it any time, I will always salute back if it's me.

To the chainsaw guys(one in 20 years of fear sz and another in Hallow'd Past) that screamed out "cut your hair"... thank you and no because I'm recognized by that it seems(don't even know if they know me via this site or not either way it was fun)

Glad you liked it

But you still need a haircut boy!

Fear usually does only 30 minutes sets, instead of 45 like the rest of us, because of the huge costume he wears and the amount of time it takes to get it on and off.

SO happy to hear you all enjoyed the Usher's little pony minion; I found it pretty hilarious myself, and we are really starting to have loads of fun in the zone. Gotta do something to get away from all the people yelling for photos. You never know what we might do next.

Tonight was my first night armed with cat and comb. Other than encountering more dou**ebags than I normally do, and problems parking my wheelchair at a couple of the houses, this was a truly stellar evening. I didn't note the times tonight, but hopefully any HNN peeps will recognize themselves from my kudos.

Okay, EVERYONE in 20 Years and Fear Revealed was fabulous! Kim, our brief conversation was really enjoyable, and I had a great time interacting with Elsa AND Julian. I must say, that person that came up with the idea for Cats N Combs deserves to win IOTY - Idea of the Year.

Frankenstein's creature (multiple times), Alice (who is way scared of kitties), Vampire Bride, Vlad (I know I'm forgetting people, sorries) - lots of love for the kitty cat. Props rock! Wolfman (Army I'm pretty sure) - okay, you really win on staring me down, that seriously weirded me out. Thanks!! :) Chucky, who seemed repeatedly distubed by the empty chair. I think he may have stabbed my Dead Uncle Fred a few times.

Maniacal Chainsaw Wielder at Mel's end of 20 Years - great scare and interaction, so much fun talking to you! Thanks for noticing my, erm, kitty.

Cindy (I think it was Tara?) - that was a blast chatting with Cindy about invisible people and toys. Both Cindy's are terrific, but this was the first Cindy I interacted with on opening night. So great, your energy and enthusiasm continue to amaze and delight me. Thanks for the fun!!

Cats N Combs, lots of petting, chin scratches and kisses for the cat. Plague Doctors rule, as do the Plague Victims!

More stuffed animal love from the zombies in Zombiegeddon. That was way to much fun, thanks for playing along!!!

Okay, this was a novel. But big applause for everyone, you've made it the most fun year I've had at HHN. I'm headed there one more night, Halloween, so I look forward to seeing the year off with everyone. Best wishes all!

ETA: Okay, so maybe I'll go tonight too - lucky 13 and all.

Edited by Troiandan