Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

So many things to post here, and I'm posting from my phone, so I'll post again later when I'm on my computer.

Armyofrobots, I had so much fun last night chasing you around to get my cat back. Actually, so many scareactors in 20 years and Fear Revealed loved my cat, and I have lots of pictures of characters with it....including Fear! What I like most about this is that I didn't hand the kitty to anyone..they just took it! :)

Cast B Alice kept singing CATS N COMBS every time she saw my cat. The chainsaw guy on the other cast (I'm pretty sure) saw my cat, asked if I had a comb too, and when I did, he said "pathetic". Also, earlier the same guy saw my shirt and said "The only nightmare is your love life". Lol!

Jake, it was fun seeing you in Hades on Thursday!

Believe it or not, my biggest scare of the last two days was in Zombie Gras! I don't know who did it but someone by the lagoon growled in my ear really loud and I jumped quite a bit.

Everyone in Catacombs was great as always, same with Dogs of War and Hades.

And a giraffe on Orfanage cast A near the very end, on the left side, kept pointing out our vault and nightmare shirts and doing a little dance or something else fun.

There are a lot more that I'm forgetting I'm sure, but I will almost definitely post again in here after the next two nights, and I have a lot of pictures and will probably do a trip report too.

EDIT: I'm already remembering more! The Usher at the end of Hallow'd past cast A got me really good twice! Out of two different places! This was on a walkthrough completely by myself. Zombiegeddon cast A, someone in a window on my right asked if I was a zombie. I said no and he started shooting me with a nailgun! One of the people dressed in black in Esqueleto Muerte enjoyed my cat quite a lot on Thursday night, as well as a lot in the coven.

Edited by Jumboshrmp

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoutout to Alice for being generally awesome again, to Mary Shaw for actually getting me for once (That was an awesome scare!) and scare of the night goes to the guy with the straight jacket/metal mask like thing (I'm sure that he's from psychoscareapy, but I know that he's from somewhere else as well) and the cheerleader. Crazy man intercepts me trying to cut on the right side of one of the props...matches my steps, and starts walking at me so I back up. Then out of the blue, the cheerleader waves her pompoms on the sides of my head and it freaked me the hell out XD. She had a nice conversation with my stuffed cat.

I was Mary Shaw that night, so there is a possibility that it was me :-) Also the guy in the straight jacket is an assistant to the Body Collector. He is the one who actually kills, then the Body Collector comes and...well...collects the body haha

20 Years of Fear & the Hallow'd Past house was awesome!

Saws N Steam, great cast, not sure which one i saw though. defiantly my favourite, gotta love the chainsaws! i was there wednesday night when two of you guys went after my auntie when there was nowhere for her to run in the alley & then shouted "i blow dried your hair". HILARIOUS! :lol:

the hot guy chained up on the stage in Saws N Steam that kept winking at me, i dont care if you do that to every girl that walks by, im in love!!

Edited by charlotte

Ah, what a night. More love to the cheerleader and Alice! You guys always pick me and my kitty out! no matter how I go through that zone, that cheerleader finds me! And I got to interact with Chucky, and inadvertantly get the cheerleader "killed" by Chucky :P. The Frankenstein really made me happy for eating my kitty, and the chainsaw guy towards the Fear Revealed side got a laugh from me too from "cutting" my kitty's head off. I think I finally got to meet Kim, and get a picture of her with the kitty (yay!) and I gotta give a huge shoutout to The Director for creeping me out. I was leaning against a pole, and he just kept circling me like a shark...and I finally said "Are you planning on making an animal movie?" as I pointed to my cat..."That's not my style." he responded, and meandered off.

Shout out to everyone Esqueleto for being plain awesomesauce as usual, though they took away Iwa's face, oh no :(. Shout out to the boys in Psychoscareapy....I've never had such an "intimate" experience with you folk. "Come here vaulter! C'mere!" Hahaha. That was just plain awesome, and I actually got a few nice scares in the house. One of the window inmates shouting "Hey, wrong house! Cats and combs is over there!" as I walked through with my cat made me crack up. Having the doctor that sets off old sparky meow at me ranked up there on "Top HHN moments." The interaction from the guys in the last room was pretty nice as well.

Zombiegeddon....awesome! They moved Squared, and I almost wouldn't have recognized him if he didn't salute me first! I think I went through during a shift change, but the scares were still top notch.

Catacombs was awesome again, I went through with my own pocket, though one plague doctor kinda caught me off guard. He was pointing my way to go....I thought he was trying to point something out for me....so he just kept pointing, and I'm like "wtf" till the ops is motioning frantically for me to continue. Oohhhhkay. Another run through made my night, when these two "gangster" type guys behind me kept grabbing onto me and screaming. It was simply epic. One would not let go of my arm, and honestly I was too amused by it to complain.

Hallow'd Past gave me some of my best run throughs yet. The Frankenstein in the beginning with the marionette asks "Is that....a cat?" "Yes, yes it is" I respond. "Ohhkay" he responds. That was pretty funny. No interaction with the treak again, hopefully I get some tomorrow on the last night. The zombies are always friggin awesome. There was a zombie...

IN THE SECOND ROOM!

I was so surprised, and it actually got a scare from me. Body collectors, awesome as always. I had two of the gentleman pet the kitty. Alice, HOLY CRAP! Usually I come through with an Alice moving around a bit but not really doing much. This time I got one screaming "OH MY GOD, A KITTY! A KITTY! CAN I PET IT?!" So of course i hand it to her, and what's she do but start munching into it! /Salute to the mad hatter there. And to the director at the end...yes you "Got a vaulter" really good! That was the first time I've ever seen someone pop out from there. Nice scare.

Hmm, gotta wrap this up with a shoutout to the guys in Saws n' Steam. I was from the fear revealed area, when a sawer stopped me, and starts petting my kitty. I pull out my comb, and he takes his sweet sweet time combing down the middle, on the sides, and then hands the comb to me and says "it's PERFECT!" and walks off. That sir, was epic. Going through the alley, there was a shift change. I kindly stand to the side, and wouldn't you know it here comes Giant charging at me screaming at the top of his lungs "YOU WILL SOON BE AS DEAD AS THE VAULT!" well, after my bowels evacuated, he made his way back over. I then ran into C_D again, who gave me one of THE best laughs I've ever had. "You are hanging onto the past. The vault is dead." "I know, I know, but I couldn't afford the new shirt" and without missing a single beat, and without breaking that amazing glare of his 'Steal." I cracked up. At that point one of his friends takes my cat, throws it to the ground, and kicks it into a puddle (and into some unsuspecting girl). This poor thing is SOAKED, and he screams "I'll DRY IT!" and slams it into the back of the oven. YES. I honestly could not stop laughing.

Thank you all who I mentioned who made my night very memorable! One of the top nights I've been! It sucks that tomorrow is the last night, you guys have given me such great memories. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to write up a post this large again :). To those who I didn't mention, I'm sorry, I'm super tired atm (4AM, yikes) and can't quite remember every great thing that happen...but those above are definitely my highlights.

One final shout out to everyone who worked the event this year. You scareactors were amazing in every house and in every scarezone. This is definitely one to remember. It was really nice meeting some of you guys and like I mentioned before, I can't wait to do it all again next year. Just think only 32 or so more weeks until the rumors for next years HHN will start flowing...:)

Every house I went in was significantly better than my previous trips through. Every house impressed me in some way tonight. So bravo to all of you guys for really stepping up your game. Everyone was so intense tonight, I kept wondering if maybe people were amping it up a little because they knew me or something. But no, mostly it was just all of you guys being awesome. Again, that goes for every house. I'd say the same for the streets, but other than Zombie Gras and a trip to see my beloved wolfman, I didn't spend all that much time in any of them.

The gentlemen of Saws N Steam have been very flirty this week. I got a lot of kissy faces tonight. Can't say I minded it in the least...

As always, Catacombs was wonderful. House Of The Year, please and thank you.

Hallow'd Past: both casts were killing it. But I got the pleasure of going through cast A with no one but my brother and I there. It was amazing. Chainsaw guy and Troupe Macabre dude, you two were brilliant. Walking into the scene I couldn't see anything but I could hear you two singing "We Will Rock You" and then ATTACK. Troupe Macabre guy asked me why I wanted to hang out with some crazy people like them. You guys were so much fun! I would have stayed with you all night. Of course, I have to mention my dear old friend the Hatter. No one does it better than you, my love. <3

Zombiegeddon: somebody definitely played with my hair. I can't remember who or where, but holy shit it freaked me out. I've never gotten very scared in that house, but the body bag scene was crazy intense tonight. Awesome job.

Hades: Wish I knew which cast it was, but whoever was on around 11:30-11:45ish, the entire first scene tonight was so intense. All of you were on your game and it was awesome to watch. And kudos to the giant skeletor-face guy for following me down the hall. I totally ran away from you. And I never run.

Psychoscareapy: Brucie Bruce, I just adore you.

Tonight was absolutely the best night I had at HHN XX. Thanks to all of you guys who made this year so much fun, and who remind me how sad I am to have had to quit and how anxious I am to try to be back out there next year.

Omigosh.

Best. HHN Night. Ever.

It was this kind of night:

BestHHNEver005.jpg

Both 20 Years and Fear Revealed, Cast A: Kim, Army, EVERYBODY was totally beyond amazing. Also Cast B Alice, Chainsaw/Psychoscarepy man and Director.

Saw N Steam - C_D with the dismembered hand in his mouth. That was sick - I love it. Also the victim in Sting Alley, hiding and then jumping out yelling "Don't Help Me!"

Catacombs casts A and B - always top of the line, love the peckers kissing the kitty.

Havoc, casts A and B. So much love for the BullDog of War! Mr. Timeout, it was a pleasure to meet you, and I'm happy to report that BullDog of War has fully recovered from the strangulation. I hit the last set a few minutes before 2:00 am and everyone was as high energy as I have ever seen. You exhaust me just watching you work!

Also a shoutout to an Ops member. Daniel at the queue entrance to Psychoscareapy went far beyond the call of duty to make my trip through that queue as painless as possible. If anyone know this gentleman, please extend my extra thanks to him.

I know taking photos isn't the most fun part of the gig, but so many of the actors not only stood with me for a photo, but actually would go looking for someone to take the photo, or arrange for multiple actors to be in the photo. You are all just the best!

Thank you all so much for a blast, and a memorable night. I really don't know how you are going to top yourselves tonight. But somehow, I think you're going to do just that.

Omigosh.

Best. HHN Night. Ever.

It was this kind of night:

BestHHNEver005.jpg

Both 20 Years and Fear Revealed, Cast A: Kim, Army, EVERYBODY was totally beyond amazing. Also Cast B Alice, Chainsaw/Psychoscarepy man and Director.

Saw N Steam - C_D with the dismembered hand in his mouth. That was sick - I love it. Also the victim in Sting Alley, hiding and then jumping out yelling "Don't Help Me!"

Catacombs casts A and B - always top of the line, love the peckers kissing the kitty.

Havoc, casts A and B. So much love for the BullDog of War! Mr. Timeout, it was a pleasure to meet you, and I'm happy to report that BullDog of War has fully recovered from the strangulation. I hit the last set a few minutes before 2:00 am and everyone was as high energy as I have ever seen. You exhaust me just watching you work!

Also a shoutout to an Ops member. Daniel at the queue entrance to Psychoscareapy went far beyond the call of duty to make my trip through that queue as painless as possible. If anyone know this gentleman, please extend my extra thanks to him.

I know taking photos isn't the most fun part of the gig, but so many of the actors not only stood with me for a photo, but actually would go looking for someone to take the photo, or arrange for multiple actors to be in the photo. You are all just the best!

Thank you all so much for a blast, and a memorable night. I really don't know how you are going to top yourselves tonight. But somehow, I think you're going to do just that.

I am very happy that you enjoyed yourself yesterday and it was a pleasure to have met you as well and I am happy to hear of the bulldogs recovery. lol

fI am

That was me! I think I did the same thing to you in Zombiegeddon (final mechanics room) one night.

Oh yeah, I remember that too!

Am so sad tonight is the last night. You scareactors have really given it your all this year. Truly one of my favorite years.

Kathy, you made my night too! Thanks SO much for the ghost! I will sincerely miss all of our big fans and the love and appreciation you all show, it is why we work this event.

You're most welcome, Kim. I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time, and I'm glad I was able to take advantage of that for you. Enjoy!

Hmm, gotta wrap this up with a shoutout to the guys in Saws n' Steam. I was from the fear revealed area, when a sawer stopped me, and starts petting my kitty. I pull out my comb, and he takes his sweet sweet time combing down the middle, on the sides, and then hands the comb to me and says "it's PERFECT!" and walks off. That sir, was epic. Going through the alley, there was a shift change. I kindly stand to the side, and wouldn't you know it here comes Giant charging at me screaming at the top of his lungs "YOU WILL SOON BE AS DEAD AS THE VAULT!" well, after my bowels evacuated, he made his way back over. I then ran into C_D again, who gave me one of THE best laughs I've ever had. "You are hanging onto the past. The vault is dead." "I know, I know, but I couldn't afford the new shirt" and without missing a single beat, and without breaking that amazing glare of his 'Steal." I cracked up. At that point one of his friends takes my cat, throws it to the ground, and kicks it into a puddle (and into some unsuspecting girl). This poor thing is SOAKED, and he screams "I'll DRY IT!" and slams it into the back of the oven. YES. I honestly could not stop laughing.

Thank you all who I mentioned who made my night very memorable! One of the top nights I've been! It sucks that tomorrow is the last night, you guys have given me such great memories. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to write up a post this large again :). To those who I didn't mention, I'm sorry, I'm super tired atm (4AM, yikes) and can't quite remember every great thing that happen...but those above are definitely my highlights.

;)

Edited by strangeoneout

So I didnt take as many notes this friday due to my phone almost being dead.. But, here's what I do have.

Cast A Hollow'd Every. Single. Actor. In. This. House. I honestly feel like it's a big family and it was working amazing Friday.

First room amazing team work

Foon or whatever, I don't know who you were. But the first time we went through your room that night you were jumping around like you were crazy. We talked about you being dead tired at the end of the night. You proved us wrong. I went through on a bunch of your sets and every time you'd jump with me even the closing cast. Amazing. Just amazing.

Mad Hatter, High fives all night! -clap clap-

Dead Exposure, whoever the 2nd one was in that room on the right hand wall, you got me 3 times in a row. First one in the room vault signs all night long and you were racking up some nice scares with people in front and behind me.

Frightantic (or however you spell it) I don't know if the first actor on the right next to the captain goes on here but you are my new best friend. The WTF face on the people behind us after you shook my hand was priceless. Props to the Captain for reaching out every single time I came through.

Body collector room absolutely amazing as always. Props to the scareactor on the left for pointing at my shirt and scaring the hell out of my dad after he was siting there talking in your room! lmao.

Little mini-room for reaching out at me every single time I went through.

Usher for always blinding me my first 4 times or so..

Storyteller for patting my head and such when I was coming through. Also props for you almost scaring the hell out of me when you were running at me as I was turned around. If I would have been turned around for a few more seconds you would have had the best scare of the night.

One thing I did notice though, is that the normal jack that was always on cast A wasn't there. :(

Cast B Hollow'd

Director and Body Collector Scareactor.

7:16PM Orphanage Cindy at the end for screaming

"I BURNED DOWN THE VAULT" and then on my 2nd trip through when asking why saying "BECAUSE I DIDNT LIKE IT"

Orange shirt Zombie in Zombie Gras for giving me a vault shout out and then later scaring the HELL out of a girl and giving me a great laugh. :P

Tman and Finale ghost cast B in LT

The window reach out opening in Physco for accidentally hitting me in the head and having a priceless look on your face. LMAO. Very nice. Very nice.

10:50 cast of Catacombs for the vault shout out above me and the actor under the distracting moving hanging body.

Mirple for the boop and backwards heart for a good 20 seconds. <3

And lastly, but certainly not least... C_D for the 3 second head start and the picture.. Even though I think you skipped 2...

Edited by PWT

Both casts of twenty years of fear tonight! Wow! Especially cast A Ice Queen, and cast B Alice! I have a picture of the Ice Queen posing as a power ranger with the pig from Saw and a guy wearing a red power ranger shirt. Amazing. And Alice for continually yelling "GET ON YOUR KNEES! ALL THE DOWN!"

Also both Cindys and both Chances in Fear Revealed! Amazing.

And to Bryan and Matt in Saws N' Steam. *bows down*

Casey

Casey

<3 Cindy in Orfanage, and in Fear Revelaed. I'm so sorry I couldn't give the fear revealed one a kitty :(. To the one in Orfanage who combed my kitty, and told me he "may catch on fire in next few weeks" You've gotta be one of the best Cindy's ever. Thank you!

All of the plague doctors, you were awesome. To the one who threw my kitty angrily.....:D. Havoc was doing awesome. Hallow'd Past, to the spine-pulling Gentleman who pet my kitty, I had the lady who was in front of us tell me after the house "Whatever you had going on with that guy creeped me the FUCK out." :D That is what I love to hear. It's about the other guests too, and I no longer feel selfish when I get the shoutouts anymore.

In Zombiegeddon, the "test" zombie after the store was always motioning for me to comb my kitty. You're awesome!

Though I must say that, this year, my love lies in the streets. C_D and Giant were awesome, though Saws n' Steam isn't one of my favorites (I'm unafraid of chainsaws) Bryan and Giant totally tore that place up. It was kind of a tearful goodbye to those two, and to the awesome collectors in the alley, and to the other great chainsawers. While the zone itself didn't scare me too much, all of the chainsawers were great this year, and provided me with awesome fun.

To 20 Years of Fear: Congrats on earning street of the year. You DEFINITELY deserved it. As I stated, The Cheerleader and Alice are both my #1 scareactors, and they've made the event for me. The come-together at Fear Revealed was very heartwarming. I really enjoyed it. I teared up, I truly did. Such an awesome goodbye. And the icons all remained in character until the end. Hearing Cindy scream "But I want them all to burn! I want them all to burn!" was awesome. Seeing all of the stilt walkers (including Fear) stand together was nice.

Oh and Esqueleto Muerte has to be the zone closest to my heart. Everyone here is so intimate! Iwa and her friend walking around arm and arm was awesome, and the man-in-black with the rattler who actually came to talk to me was nice. Inever knew that I would get recognized outside of the boards before introducing myself first! Seeing the "couple" dancing with each other was very nice. I had a few screaming "VAULT VAULT VAULT!" at me, and a few meowing at me. Very awesome. I love this zone than more of the others, though 20 years of fear definitely made the event.

All in all, although I disliked the theming this year, this has got to be one of the best years solely because of the scareactors. Not a SINGLE bad scareactor I've met, each has been in character, and on top of their game 100% of the time. Thank you all for busting your asses off to entertain us. We all appreciate it. Until next year. Hopefully I can work alongside you great entertainers within the coming years.

Foon or whatever, I don't know who you were. But the first time we went through your room that night you were jumping around like you were crazy. We talked about you being dead tired at the end of the night. You proved us wrong. I went through on a bunch of your sets and every time you'd jump with me even the closing cast. Amazing. Just amazing.

That was me! Glad you enjoyed it!

This is going to be quick and simple, and I'm leaving a lot of individuals out who were amazing (mostly because I told you) but I felt I should post this since the ones before have been really short.

-LegendaryTruth Cast A, and the Ops working the house throughout the event: Thanks for making this house so much fun. Yes, I probably went through much more than I should have, but it was totally worth it to see some of the most inventive scares in the event this year. And of course to see my favorite living statue. You all rock beyond belief.

-20 Years of Fear Cast A: I can't believe I only found out about the awesomeness of your cast two nights ago, but what a fun two nights they were for me. ArmyofRobots, Lynx totally sucks, and anyone that disagrees with that needs to be hurt. Badly. Screw those damn pedophiles for getting in Chucky's face (and other areas) and making her hide until they leave. Ice Queen, I have nothing to say, other than you're totally awesome and that you're hilarious and that you rock. Alice, same applies to you, which sounds terrible in a way, but it's totally a compliment. I promise. Body Collector, you were always so much fun to talk to for a bit and to watch you scare people to the ground. Pigface... I'm watching you... Always watching... Mary Shaw, you and your heelies provided some great scares and some great laughs.

Also, even though he's on cast B, Lance, you rock. For so many, many reasons. Watching you scare was a complete pleasure. And special kudos goes to the cast B Alice and cheerleader for also being awesome.

A special thanks has to go out to Havoc cast A (and the special few [you should know who you are] that made trips in for me so much fun) for being constantly on their game, and turning a house that seemed destined to be absolute shit into an absolutely fantastic one that totally deserved house of the year.

Finally, I know there's really no place for this, but thanks to the B&T cast for constantly entertaining me (sometimes multiple times a night) and making the event so absolutely fantastic and hilarious. Lohan, Mr. T/Usher, and Judice get special kudos (since I was always near them) and Doctor, get yourself your right sonic.

EDIT: 20 Years of Fear Cast A:

PhotoNov02122947AM.jpg

Edited by Hack2112

If I took the time to thank everyone who made this event phenomenal this year it wouldn't all fit in one post but specifically shout outs to the guys I worked and beaked with.

Saws N Steam-Cast B

Zombie Gras-Cast B

Zombiegeddon-Cast B

PS:Echoes-Cast B

Catacombs-Cast B

Hades-Cast A

Thanks guys for making my breaks enjoyable and welcoming in an Active Backup. To all my individual actor friends, simply look at all the post I've made and you can get an indication of who I specifically appreciate. And even though they aren't SCARE actors I feel the need to thank Bill and Ted Cast and Crew for putting on a phenomenal last show and a shout out to Mike Aiello for creating every memory I've ever had about the B&T Show. Thank you guys for making my time worked, and my time off great.

Edited by Jakemeister

Didn't get to visit as long as I would have liked last night but got to "say goodbye" to HHN XX.

It was a more emotion--less scares kinda visit but that was the state I was in. Once again the

Orfanage goes down in the record books. Damn pirate (again) and a sweet goodbye to my

favorite Cindy. The biggest laugh however was in a room that I ususally get ignored in. I guess

its a barn--where the dunking for apples tub is set up. The orfan on the right gets my daughter

and keeps pace with her while the one on the left is my companion. He looks at me and says

something along the lines of "Gee you're real old mister...wow..how are you still alive". Could

possibly be the funniest line all season.

I wish I could adopt you all--but don't think I could aford the home owners premiums

I miss my orfans already :(