Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

I want to thank everyone who enjoyed Saws & Steam this year. I was happy to give shout-outs to those that came through.

Thanks to Big Chippah and everyone who took photos of myself and my friends through the run. Your love for the event drives us!

Thanks to whoever let me comb their cats the last week. I finally picked up on that trend very late in the game and had fun with it.

A big shout-out to Hallow'd Past, Orfanage, Fear Revealed, Hollywood and Muerte opening casts who got to see me first set every night. Thanks for all the scares, photos and memories I will hold dear. You guys all got me "in the groove" before set time.

Congrats to HAVOC: Dogs of War for House of the Year, which was my favorite scary maze this run!

The Usher in Cast A of Hallow'd Past- You got me pretty much every time I went through!

A big hug to all my Cindys through the event. I love that character so much, and it was great to finally see her come to life every night thanks to your efforts.

Thanks to everyone who made this event, supported it, and came through each night they could.

Edited by Treakyone

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a long one:

Thanks to everyone in SnS, but especially Bryan and Giant, you two are complete monsters and as usual, I never see anyone run faster than when chased by a chainsaw wielded by a maniac like either of you two, or anyone else in the zone

Thanks to Fear Revealed for everyone having to put up with beig hounded for their photo all the time and yet still managing to get scares

Thanks to Twenty Years of Fear, especially armyofrobots (RAWR NIGHTMARES RAWR) and Cast B Alice (Up on the sidewalk!) And of course, who could forget the Sentinels? In fact, during a cast change just before the photo one came out wielding a chainsaw! Ah yes, and the chainsaws at the front of the SZ

Houses:

Thanks to LT for having some great effects, and more importantly, having fun on the last night, kudos to the dancing chair and floor guy especially (I can't remember which cast)

Thanks to Psychoscareapy for the actors seemingly genuinely insane, with their stareouts and dancing along with manic laughter

Thanks to Hades for being pretty intense on the last few nights, especially "Jake 'toga' Jakemeister" when he worked the event on Thursday. On the last night, the first scene was incredibly intense, I don't know how you guys did it! Green eyed skull monster was running around all over the place!

Havoc: Congratulations for house of the year, you deserved it! At first I didn't like you but then I grew to you guys, alas it was only in the final week so was a little too late to actually appreciate it, but never the less, I still loved the house! How you guys kept up that intensity for the entire event, I'll never know! The dedication to the event started from the outset by shaving your heads, which is an amazing feat in its own right, and good job on petting the dogs or trying to scare the kittys away! Brilliant guest interaction here and will be doubtful of another stuffed animal fun year as good as this one! Best sprung house ever, closely followed by;

Catacombs: Cats and Combs you will be dearly missed too, I wish I was part of Stephs fan club, because I really liked the peckers! This house was claustrophobic and twisty and turny, yet had a lot of neat things in it that not many people noticed when giving it a run through! I must say I loved the stories about you and the kittys, and laughed on more than one occasion, again, great guest interaction there!

Hallow'd past: Great house, thanks to Cast A Treak(or was it foon) who danced with me,the Cast A zombies in dead exposure that were also sneaking around with me on tip-toes and dancing, I think Drew even gave you a tip of $1 for it! Thanks to the Body Collectors too for their spine ripping goodness! Oh, and Cast A Jack.

Zombiegeddon: Thanks go to Invader_Butters brilliant charisma and hilarity on the megaphone!

Orfanage: Thanks also go to creepy cindy in first room, and of course, best actor in the house in my book simply because he scared me every time I went through this house in his cast, Black Pirate (HO HO HO) that laugh will taunt me forever!

Finally, to recap all my major thanks: Cast B Alice, C_D, armyofrobots, giant4203, Pumpkinhead and Invader_Butters

One of the better years, in general, I'd like to thank all the actors for making a so-so concept/theme into an amazing year with their energy and dedication! Keep it up for next year, folks!

It was great meeting everyone in the photo, and I can't wait to see what it turns out like, especially with the Sentinel in the back!

Now it's time to thank everyone from here that has made the event special for me, it has honestly been the best year I can ever remember in my book, and I'm genuinely sad to be leaving you guys, hopefully I'll make it back next year, but if not, then I'll be back another time! I'll try and stay in contact with you all, and quite a few of you should be expecting care packages after Christmas (Yes, my bank is drained of funds) In no particular order: Mark, Jenn, Michele , Jake, Max, Steph, Andrew, Drew, Carlos, Ladyvulpix (I've never ever known your real name) If I missed your name out don't be offended! These were the people who I spent most of my time with, or had great memories with from before, or I might've simply had a mental block and forgotten to add you!

All in all, the best year I've ever been to, not only because of the energy of the casts, and the enthusiasm the actors have, but because of the people I've met, and the new songs like the sidewalk song, and new habits, like calling out rabbit 'hoes I've picked up.

I'll leave you with the Lyrics to a song:

Up on the sidewalk,

Away from the scares,

Up on the sidewalk,

Now you're drawing the stares,

Up on the sidewalk,

Sidewalk!

Thanks guys, and hopefully the same next year :')

Edited by Kris

Some last shout-outs from yesterday, and a big thank-you to ALL for making XX an awesome season:

Havoc: Loved it when you stole the two cats right out of my husband's hands. His expression was priceless! The kitties showed up later and they weren't even chewed up by the dogs. Also loved it when one of the guys in the plexiglass room stuck his hand out the little holes at my dog, as well as the one who petted him farther into the house.

Catacombs: This is the house I'll miss the most, although it's neck and neck with Havoc. We were the very last ones through on the last set of the night. Hope you all heard us shouting out our appreciation.

Orfanage: I'll miss being scared by the pirate every night and the giraffe towards the end too.

Zombiegeddon: Hubby will miss harrassing the poor guy with the megaphone every night.

Psychoscareapy: You guys totally deserved scene of the year. Big congrats! So many good scares throughout this house. Loved the patient in the first room with the nurse (Team B) who was obsessed with getting my kitty.

Hallow'd Past: We somehow hit a cast change so I didn't get to see my favorite guy in Fritanic to hear him growl "Missed me?" in my ear one last time. Love the guys in the first room, the cat-petting Body Collector, and everyone else in there on Team A, although Team B really gave us a run for our money on that changed-in-the-middle set. Director even got me twice!

Hades: Consistently good every night, including the last.

Legendary Truth: Cast B chair, you were vicious!

Sigh...it's gonna be a long wait till next year.

Ok so the scare actor who played Jack On Sat, Oct 2nd around 12/12:30....lol.

This guy would NOT take a picture with me! I followed him all through the scarezone until it was time to go get seating the Bill and Ted show!! It was frustrating at first but now I laugh about it. I didnt get to get my picture with Jack the Clown (sigh) however, I do have a nifty picture of me chasing him while pushing my mother in a wheelchair lol. So I wanted to say thanks for the fun memory and ask why in the world you kept running away lol

I doubt he's a member on this forum but it definitely gives me piece of mind to finally post about it LOL

Like everyone else said, Thank you to all the scareactors, Every single actor this year was amazing,

The Icons, Thank you for putting up with so many picture taking :)

and the actors in all the houses, You guys were great,

Havoc was crazy last night, Hades also was insane the whole month, got so many scares by the cyclops and the actors at the end of the house, Zombiegeddon, LT and Hallow'd past were really great as well, Catacombs plague doctors scared me so much this month, thanks.

A couple of shot outs,

to the guy in Saws and Steam that was singing "I'm singing in the rain" with me, that was really funny

also the girl from esqueleto muerte who recognized my clockwork orange costume and said "Bye Alex", that was really awesome

the vampire bride who sat next to me in the Bench in 20 years a couple of days ago and let me take a picture of her, also really awesome

and Finally the wolfman who Finally stole my hat for some picture taking :D

Edited by black7mask

Some special shoutouts from last night...

In Fear Revealed, thank you VERY VERY much to both Directors and Ushers for the entire event for always taking the time to snap and photo and chat a bit with a big fan. The Usher is my favorite icon with the Director a close second. Thank you very much for all being so kind and gracious to a big fan. I love all the photos I got and loved all the interaction. Much thanks.

To Ms. Strict (Kim), thank you! I finally got my photo with the Storyteller!

I don't know if the they are on here but OMG The Cryptkeeper last night grabbing the chainsaw and going nuts after guest! AMAZING! I literally was in fan heaver seeing that! lol If you do see this I was the one who went up after that and told you that was the best thing I had ever seen!

And last but not least, thank you to the Mad Hatter and White Rabbit around closing time in Horror Nights! I was the guest who helped out with the problem. Sorry you guys had to deal with that but glad it got taken care of. Marvelous job this year!

To the zombie that overheard me say "Whoever thinks this scarezone can't be scary is crazy!" and then gave me beads. You're awesome!

Drop window giraffe on cast a in Orfanage...raise the roof! :lol:

Jake for popping up unexpectedly in Hades! Thanks for the shout out. :)

Jordan for being amazing in 20 years!

Chainsaw guy in Hollywood asking me if I had a comb. :P

Cheerleader for telling me to stay away from Chucky, and then he appears out of nowhere.

All the plague doctors for doing their thing as usual!

Saws n Steam- do I even need to explain why you guys are so awesome? Eyes.

Fear Revealed- you guys are absolutely amazing.

The giraffe was me in Orfanage :D I like to raise the roof when I get a good scare -- gets me pumped! Thanks for the love <3

And last but not least, thank you to the Mad Hatter and White Rabbit around closing time in Horror Nights! I was the guest who helped out with the problem. Sorry you guys had to deal with that but glad it got taken care of. Marvelous job this year!

just wondering what happen??

and fyi kim i think your to hot to play an old lady.

Edited by localHHNfan19

LOL! Thanks, and although I am much younger than the characters I have played the last 2 years, I am by no means young, or at least not as young as most, or even all, on this board.

Kim, I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw you as the Storyteller I said aloud (to nobody in particular) "Damn, the Storyteller has some legs!" :P.

With the event now over, I want to send a special thanks to both casts of Catacombs. You all are AMAZING! If you look at the pre-event levels of the fans expectations of the houses, Catacombs was almost at the bottom of everyone's. Now look at the post-event ranking of the houses and Catacombs is right at the top. Both casts rock! You all did a GREAT job and you deserved to be recognized for that. Know that what you experienced being a part of a Catacombs cast may go down as some of your best experiences ever as a scareactor. You all had something very unique and always remember that in your future years of being a HHN scareactor.

For another thanks, a HUGE shoutout goes to the fans! If not for you, this house affectionately referred to as Cats 'n' Combs may not have been the great success that it turned out to be. For all of your trips through to see us, for all of your combing, creating pecker pins, saying great things about our house, etc., etc., etc., THANK YOU! You definitely made this scareactor's experience very memorable. We did greatly appreciate everything that you all did. Many many many thanks and know how much our hardcore fans were loved by all of us.

To every Firecrew or ABU that was an honorary skeleton, mummified corpse, or plague doctor for one night or many nights, thank you for everything that you all do! Without you all, the house would not have been able to produce the consistency that it achieved.

And that's a wrap.

With the event now over, I want to send a special thanks to both casts of Catacombs. You all are AMAZING! If you look at the pre-event levels of the fans expectations of the houses, Catacombs was almost at the bottom of everyone's. Now look at the post-event ranking of the houses and Catacombs is right at the top. Both casts rock! You all did a GREAT job and you deserved to be recognized for that. Know that what you experienced being a part of a Catacombs cast may go down as some of your best experiences ever as a scareactor. You all had something very unique and always remember that in your future years of being a HHN scareactor.

For another thanks, a HUGE shoutout goes to the fans! If not for you, this house affectionately referred to as Cats 'n' Combs may not have been the great success that it turned out to be. For all of your trips through to see us, for all of your combing, creating pecker pins, saying great things about our house, etc., etc., etc., THANK YOU! You definitely made this scareactor's experience very memorable. We did greatly appreciate everything that you all did. Many many many thanks and know how much our hardcore fans were loved by all of us.

To every Firecrew or ABU that was an honorary skeleton, mummified corpse, or plague doctor for one night or many nights, thank you for everything that you all do! Without you all, the house would not have been able to produce the consistency that it achieved.

And that's a wrap.

We'll see you in 18.

And that's a wrap.

+1 B)

I honestly couldn't have said it better myself!

And that's a wrap.

Out of every where I worked and scared, my night as an temporary Mummified Corpse was by far my favorite in terms of scares and breaks. Seriously thanks for the good times guys.

This year was my first time attending the event, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

The cast of Catacombs was amazing and very creepy, and so were the undead soldiers of Havoc. The Hades scare-actors were spectacular as well (it's really hard to pick a favorite, hahah).

I'm quite surprised that the boat captain in the Hallowd Past scared me Lol

This one girl in particular stood out to me. The cheerleader in the 20 Years of Fear scare zone. She stalked me for a while and really freaked me out.

There was also a bald gentleman who followed me for a good 5 minutes in the same zone.

Saws n Steam is always a great experience :]

1. Catacombs - Plague doctors aka Peckers: The three-point scare about halfway through the house.

2. Psychoscarepy - The wandering souls in Shadybrook: On Halloween night, you all were terrfying!

3. Hallow'd Past - Zombies in the Dead Exposure room: Scared me, scared my husband. It was perfect.

4. Zombiegeddon - Zombies in carnival room: I can't even describe the scare, other than to say it was intense.

5. Wyandot Estate - The Chair: This will likely go down in history.

6. Hallow'd Past - First chainsaw in storage: Lost my voice I screamed so hard.

7. Esqueleto Muertas - Cloaked figure in coffin: I said I wanted a picture in the coffin and you appeared out of nowhere!

8. 20 Years of Fear - Pumpkinhead, Collector, and Mary Shaw: You had a tight system of distraction/startle that worked perfectly.

9. Fear Revealed - Icons - Love love love.

10. Chainsaws - All over the park: Your legacy will go on!

I can't say enough about all of you, not just the actors but the behind the scenes folks, as well. You are all THE BEST.

Mae

ps There will be more appreciation as I remember!!!

• 8 months later...

Someone I forgot to mention-

LT- Cast A- the chair- Halloween I walked through, and saw the chair kind of move..it then sprung forward at me, and growled "nightmares" ...needless to say.. I hauled ass out of that room.. but amazing job!

That was me filling in for the normal chair :] Definitely a fun scare, and thank you!