Catacombs: Black Death Rising

Mark M.

He's the infected team member of the archeological team that reopened the catacombs. The stuff on his face are pustules caused by the plague.

Yeah, the guy with the boils has always been in the house.

really he has been there always? wow, I never noticed him this whole time, thanks for the explanation guys, makes a lot of sense now

He's the infected team member of the archeological team that reopened the catacombs. The stuff on his face are pustules caused by the plague.

I had seen this character a few times through (and one time got me GOOD), but I didn't understand the connection. Thanks for the clarification.

IMO there are no bad houses this year, but from opening night on, this remains my favorite house, and one of the only ones to scare me in a three-way (or maybe two plus one again?). Ooo, and can't forget the hand from above - I know he's there, and he still gets a scream out of me.

I only have enough time for two or three houses tomorrow night, but you can be sure this will be one of them. Love them peckers!

I Think is really funny that the Plague doctors sound like Pterodactyls lol :D What i mean is when the actors come out to scare you, the sounds they have sound like a dinosaur coughing lol

I love this house

out of all the stuff the Plague Doctors have been called, "coughing dinosaurs" is definitely a first

I got called Dirk Digler this last weekend. Finally, someone with a good deal of originality. :lol:

now that is funny!

This house caught me off guard MANY times. The guy from above was really great. I have to say though.. The house was bright, even at night. I wanted it to be darker. I could see where scare-actors were gonna come out. Overall though, great house, and great scares. You guys work really hard in there.

I was wondering the same question..thank you for this.

As far as the masks goes... I didn't realize their was any difference other than color :unsure: I guess I need to look closer next time..

Also..the house does seem a lot lighter than it was opening weekend. I know opening weekend I could barely see.. now I can see everything in the house pretty clearly..

Edited by Cinderelly115

Our UTH tour guide called this house the sleeper hit of the year. I totally agree. It was number #7 on my list for anticipated houses but it is #1 on my list for consistent scares. Every trip through this house I get multiple scares and I'm up to six visits now. This one has really been a highlight of HHN XX for me.

This house was a delightful mix of scary, creepy, and disgusting. I mean, they cough and hack all over you. Gross. D: I was not impressed with my first time through, as my timing was off and I missed most of the scares. I came back Friday night during Stay and Scream, and ended up being completely alone in the house. They took complete advantage, I was screaming and ducking for cover all over the place. The creepiness of the plague doctors and the horrible sounds they were making made this a very scary experience (don't even get me started on the finale, holy shit). I went through six more times over the weekend and it was great every single time. Do not miss this house, and if you hit it at a bad time, come back and try it again.

A cat with a plague doctor mask would be the cutest thing ever!

I'm so glad you guys love our little inside joke that started on employee preview night. ^_^

I always wanted it to be called "lolCatacombs," with little kittens wearing plague doctor masks saying, "Oh noez! Iz has plague!"

I always wanted it to be called "lolCatacombs," with little kittens wearing plague doctor masks saying, "Oh noez! Iz has plague!"

Thanks to you I am going to have that in my head on Friday when a pecker pops out at me. *dies*

Btw I agree they should make cats n combs the icon....pffft I'd come every night.

Something about this one just didn't strike the right note with me. I felt slightly bored through it, and there was barely any differentiation between scenes. It seemed repetitive, no only that, but the second time, I was the first one to go through in my pulse. I did appreciate some of the costumes that weren't of the Plague Doctors, which there seemed to be an overabundance of. I suppose that, compared to Hallow'd Past, it paled in comparison.