Catacombs: Black Death Rising

Mark M.

I went through twice on Saturday once shortly after 6:00 pm and then much later about 12:30 am, both times I brought with me a cat and a comb.

33717_122742771117104_100001441447281_152687_3838472_n.jpg

Seen here in the above photo taken at Ben and Jerry's are the cat and comb in question, taking a break from terrorizing Plague Doctors to enjoy some ice cream.

I went through twice on Saturday once shortly after 6:00 pm and then much later about 12:30 am, both times I brought with me a cat and a comb.

33717_122742771117104_100001441447281_152687_3838472_n.jpg

Seen here in the above photo taken at Ben and Jerry's are the cat and comb in question, taking a break from terrorizing Plague Doctors to enjoy some ice cream.

You are amazing. You don't realize how hard I laughed when I read that last night.. I adore you. Can't wait to go through cats n combs with you closing weekend. We definitely need to get a group kitty shot, since there are now 3 cats.

Dr Jimmy, if you're going with me on Oct 20, make sure to bring the cat and comb with you, and we'll tour the house together a few times.

Will do! let's get a group together!

(of course, only bring facsimile cats and not actual ones, BOB would eat the poor Plague Doctors and ruin the house.)

I feel that this house is very innovative. The sets are stark and realistic without being 'gritty'. It is not 'over the top' or 'on steroids'. It has a rather simple premise and it builds the tension and fear at a more even pace...until the end. It's a helluva concept and I hope that HHN gets more of this sort of house in the future.

Oh, and Legacy, I love your sig... ;)

Mae

I feel that this house is very innovative. The sets are stark and realistic without being 'gritty'. It is not 'over the top' or 'on steroids'. It has a rather simple premise and it builds the tension and fear at a more even pace...until the end. It's a helluva concept and I hope that HHN gets more of this sort of house in the future.

Oh, and Legacy, I love your sig... ;)

Mae

:lol:

Thanks. I'm still a little peeved that Orfanage got the song and not the house based on what the song is based on.

And I agree completely. Of all the houses this year, I firmly believe that Catacombs and Legendary Truth are the two that, conceptually and atmospherically, deserve to be revisited in the future.

Can someone explain to me why there were "PowerPoint" slides on the walls in the house at least twice?

The site is open as an educational tour. It's supposed to be all ready for students of history or anthropology to study the artifacts as they were found. Except, of course, that the spirits didn't like that...

Mae

So Who Was The Hidden Character that was talked about? Does anyone know?

I kept wondering about that

There's no hidden character; At least if there is, it's not known to anyone in the house, cast or ASM/Coordinators.

All we heard was that the house had a hint to next years theme in it. We weren't told what it was or where in the house to find it. :(