Catacombs: Black Death Rising

Mark M.

BEST HOUSE HANDS DOWN.

Sorry for the caps, but holy shit.

I went through this house eight times, between Fri and Sat, and wow. Plague doctors are amazing. (Plague victims are amazing too) This is a tight house. Very claustrophobic feeling while going through it, and it just delivered. Every. Time. Constant scares and great energy. Major shout outs to the Plague Doctors that are all very tight in one specific hallway. I believe there's three of you right in there.

Amazing scares.

Another major shout out to the plague-er's at the entrance, and at the exit. The exit scene is just amazing. It's one of those scenes that makes you want to drop what you're holding and run. There's a certain air effect that literally wrapped one of the white curtains into my face and almost suffocated me, I unwrapped myself from it and got a major scare from the plague-er in that last corner before the exit. Pretty sure it was cast A. You my friend, are brutal.

Keep up the good work guys, you can EASILY win HOTY. Just watch out for Hades, they're vicious.

Thanks King, what a great review! We're having a great time coughing and sputtering, who knew the Plague could be so fun.

been through this twice and does anybody know what Patrick was talking about when he said somebody we had known but never seen before would be in this house?

There was some rumor that Edgar Allen Poe, or possibly Dr. Oddfellow, would be in the house. Obviously, neither are nor need to be.

Best house of the night. Hands down.

This is the only one that really got me with a few good scares. Great costumes. Great, simple effects. I'm really surprised that a house not in a soundstage could take the cake but this one did...by a mile. Congrats to everybody involved.

Yeah I agree this house is one of the best This year,

Same thing happened in 08, Dead Exposure was really scary, and the Hallow was one of the best houses I have seen, both were much better than creatures or IT, and 07 The thing was really good, better than Dead silence

Edited by black7mask

We'll take it. We would rather be 'creepy' than 'cool.'

AMEN!!

All of Universals surveys about HHN concentrate on "how scarey is it?" "Is it scarey enough?" "should it be scarier"....creepy and erie are NOT bad things. Atmosphere and stroytelling are FAR more important that SCARES. Good to hear some on the team know that :)

insane! im really looking forward to this house , this and hades! Please everyone scare the crap out of me :lol:

sure! just wear a red "x", we'll seal your fate.

"A red cross or 'x' to warn the public not to go inside the house and show to the plague doctors which house/s to watch. The person or people inside of a marked house were locked inside with the others in the house even if there were healthy people inside of it. soon,the infected in the house would pass on infections to the healthier and everyone in the house would die. 1-2 weeks later, plague doctors with long beak shaped masks (stuffed with lavender to stop the terrible smell) would burst down marked doors and haul the bodies into deep pits dug randomly about sites of the plague ridden areas." -Answers.com

Edited by maximilian_de_kill

sure! just wear a red "x", we'll seal your fate.

"A red cross or 'x' to warn the public not to go inside the house and show to the plague doctors which house/s to watch. The person or people inside of a marked house were locked inside with the others in the house even if there were healthy people inside of it. soon,the infected in the house would pass on infections to the healthier and everyone in the house would die. 1-2 weeks later, plague doctors with long beak shaped masks (stuffed with lavender to stop the terrible smell) would burst down marked doors and haul the bodies into deep pits dug randomly about sites of the plague ridden areas." -Answers.com

Jeebus! The premise of this house just sounds so.. creepy... *shudders*

So... best scare (to me) of the whole night. A SA and an airjet from different directions. Shiznit. I've got a lot of respect for these guys... they must have a lot to handle in those masks and in that heat.

How do you guys feel about me calling you Harvey Birdman?

I remember going through the strobey hallway at the end (for anyone who didn't get a good look, it's supposed to be part of the plague museum under construction) and the air cannon blew one of the tarps up and around my face. The damn house attacked me!