HHN XX Construction Updates

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everyone! Im new on here but I have been following you all since the V****. I will be at Universal tomarrow and will get new pics to further speculate on! Let the construction commence!!!

Don't bother bro. Somebody I know went today. Nothing special to report. The sprung tent closest to MIB has some sort of a short hallway outside of it. Its just painted black. It might be something we walk into to get into the house or they might put it into the house and that would be the "entrance" kinda like "The Thing" back in 07 with the tarp, but its a full wooden structure.

The van by disaster is now inside of the house. They are still building it so its still hard to ascertain what house it will be. The local of the van makes him believe that it is another exit to a house like last year and we would use the entrance queue behind bettlejuice.

The other sprung tent was blocked by trees he said. He tried to peep it from the exit of the Simpson's but he couldn't see much except trucks that blocked the tent.

He didn't have time to check by Jaws. And of course there is no way in hell anybody has access into the SS or the Parade Building, so what those will be is anybodies guess.

But if you wanna go, have fun man. Maybe tomorrow something will be different. Him and I speculate by late august we should start seeing decorations and facades all over. Its too early now.

But if you wanna go, have fun man. Maybe tomorrow something will be different. Him and I speculate by late august we should start seeing decorations and facades all over. Its too early now.

Most street props don't go up until after RTU, which is like a week into September if I remember correctly.

Well, as of today it seems they have begun to put up wallpaper on the walls of the disaster queue, from the looks of it, the design looked like basic brick walls. On top of that they've begun to put up doors on some of the openings. One thing I did catch was one of them had a name on it which I couldn't make out, and underneath had the word "Processing"...interesting :huh:

Basically, you're only going to see some of the absolute basics until RTU is done, like boxes with fog machines and lights. After all the bands leave, you'll see prop pieces going out at hyperspeed.

Out here in Denver we have a haunted house (PF13/Primitive Fear- 13th Street Manor) that has parts for the crew that are elevated above the visitor level. One room has a padded floor so geusts feel as though they're sinking; the real reason for this, however, is that an actor jumps through the ceiling and almost lands on the guests. Another room has an actor throwing a log at the guests, which flies in at an angle that it seems that it is going to hit the guest, but won't unless the guest is over seven feet tall. (Both of these rooms are in the Primitive Fear side.)Having worked this house and these rooms, I know that they have a good effect on (most) visitors. So, in short, I wonder if it may be a fall-through or a throwing scene. I have no evidence for this except the descriptions of the taller walls, so yeah. Just my thoughts.

Well, Dracula and Wolfman had to have a second level to them in order for a few of the key actors to pull off either a special flying or leaping effect. Even Creatures! from '08 had the scene where an alien stood on top of a rafter above the guests in the finale room.

I know those are in soundstages, but let's not discount the idea of a second story added to a maze only to enhance a certain scare.

Im not throwing out the idea of a 2 story house however i am throwing the idea out of there being one in Jaws queue, i agree with those that said its simply a scare platform. As cool as that would be, i have to say it wont happen. Now the SS or Parade houses have endless possibilities, i know castle vampyr accomplished it some odd years back. I wonder though if they didnt like it or they felt it was a safety concern, my reasoning for that thought is the fact that.....they havent done it again. Sorry for the mini rant but thats my two cents.

And I'm not saying that JAWS will be like Where Evil Hides were guests actually go up to a second level. I think it would be either special access for monsters like a stand or platform, or even going the route of a faux second story through staircases like NOES, Vampyr, and Screamhouse Resurrection.

Before I post my pictures I would like to remind everyone that ALL my pictures are from a guest stand point.

Disaster had a lot of activity as you'll see in a pictures. there is some pretty interesting stuff there.

jv2eqa.jpg

98dhms.jpg

2j62x4o.jpg

29e1651.jpg

1ekk6h.jpg

Then we have the tents and this is where things get really interesting. this structure is huge and looks like the facade not a hallway mentioned before.

2zz3s60.jpg

zjxtp4.jpg

there wasn't anything new at Jaws really, the walls I took a picture of before are painted I believe but I'm not taking any pictures there and posting them do to being a accused of trespassing.

Edited by Cavalry

Awesome pics calvary we really appreciate them, and your disaster pictures make me angry because the parts weve heard got casted, none are for disaster, so we cant speculate on what it is(not that im speculating in this thread) so its kind of annoying, I wanna say it looks like a possible personal home setup and we walk through this garage, but it looks awesome, thanks again! i look forward to more

Disaster is probably a garage.. There isn't much else it could be. The question is what KIND of garage?

The tent looks very house like, it almost even looks like a church. Things are getting better and better as the days pass!