HHN XX Construction Updates

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Universal for the concerts this past Saturday and I took a few pictures of the Jaws and Disaster queues. It doesn't show too much, but there are two things that I noticed. First, there were clearly two stories of wood built in the Jaws queue (look to the right of the hammerhead shark). It doesn't appear to go very far, but the materials used near the ceiling of the building are definitely the same as the materials on the ground. Maybe, they will put a scareactor on the second story platform. Second, it looks like the mystery van is parked inside a garage and that we will be walking by the side of the van, through a door, and then behind it. Just something little to continue speculating about besides "Oh look at the van!" ;)

-- Voorhees

IMG_6229-03.JPG

IMG_6230-01.JPG

IMG_6232-01.JPG

IMG_6235-01.JPG

IMG_6240-01.JPG

I NOTICE THE LAST PIC ABOVE THE 2 DOOR WAY ENTERANCE THERE ANOTHER CUT OUT LIKE THERE PUTTING A BILLBOARD SIGN OR SOMETHING THAT GOING BE HANGING

New to the site and figured I would start posting instead of watching...

In the 2nd from the last picture, it almost looks like a older fashioned car repair shop, and looks like a window to the left of the van. They could add a garage door where that big opening is behind the van. Thanks for the new pictures!

also looking in from the disaster que line there is a hallway directly in front of the van threw a doorway and there is at least three doors on the wall of the hallway from where i could see its hard to see it and i had no camera and also that wood is similar to the wood i have in my garage its cheap paneling found in older houses garages its real thin.

No, there was definitely a platform structure at the base of the upper walls. Also, they didn't extend all the way across the top of the structure. I'm sure that this does not indicate a two-story house, nor was I ever intending to mean this; I believe it is just a platform for a scareactor that will be placed above the maze. I did not notice any jagged edges, nor do I know what this could mean. I'm going back for the Rob Thomas and Counting Crows concerts and will try to take more pictures if anything has changed. And don't worry . . . I would NEVER go where guests are not allowed.

LOL, shows what I know about construction...

It is NOT a backup shark for the Jaws Ride, Disaster's queue serves as a boneyard for many props from recent faux Disaster Studios films, including a mechanical shark from Das Schurke. It is not functional and just sits there with the other fake props (the torn up airplane, etc...

I know there have been 2 story houses before, but I don't remember it being there. I do remember the upscare in F13 from 2007; he had a barrel that he would threaten to let go on you (I think) and another Jason would get you from your level. It doesn't look very tall, though, which could mean a scare like the clown puppet from Dead Silence of that year or the zombie in Dead Exposure from 2008. They actually reached down at you and it was very effective.

Mae

I heard that Where Evil Hides in 2005 had a section that went slightly upstairs, but not to the extent of being a whole story above the ground.

And for anyone wondering about the shark in Disaster, that's a fake movie prop used as part of the queue. I believe it was built on an old version of the animatronic blown-up shark from the end of the Jaws ride (the front looks exactly like the charred shark remains that float by the boat).

nlqt0w.jpg

33x9f09.jpg

zspzcl.jpg

I know these are a bit shaky but this was the location of the burnt wood and basically the only change. everything else is the same. there used to be a lot of materials there plus the burnt wood and some table saws that have been taken away

aaeu0x.jpg

I was trying to get a shot of the jagged edge to the left of the top pf the wall but I couldn't get a clear shot.

3097iae.jpg

and finally someone was talking about the wood on the wall(in the garage) and weather it was wall paper or bamboo or something so hears a close up.

Note: All my pictures are and will be from a guest stand point and not trespassing.

Edited by Cavalry

you get a look at the hallway in front of the van by any chance with multiple doorways????

I did through the lens but the shot wouldn't come out clear. it looked as if they where done painting it, it also looked as if it was quite narrow. next time I'm there I will see if I can get the shot.

just wanted to make sure i wasnt the only crazy one who saw that and the jagged edge lol

no man its there lol and its definitely interesting the way it looks. it really makes me wonder what its going to look like on the other side.

I don’t remember the house name, but in 05 wasn’t there a house were you went upstairs into the attic and the story teller was sitting there in her rocking chair and the scareactor was on a bed of nails.

I heard that Where Evil Hides in 2005 had a section that went slightly upstairs, but not to the extent of being a whole story above the ground.

And for anyone wondering about the shark in Disaster, that's a fake movie prop used as part of the queue. I believe it was built on an old version of the animatronic blown-up shark from the end of the Jaws ride (the front looks exactly like the charred shark remains that float by the boat).

and wasn't it in the old Nickelodeon studio that Blue man is in now?

that was the first year they did the UTH tour and My wife and I were on the first of those tours, and they wouldn't let us take pictures till 06 unfortunately.

I also remember being taken into the tube above the sound stage and they had the floor plans out and you could see over the top of the 2 houses. Only one of the side of that mirror house was ADA (for wheelchairs ect.)and they only used one side on non-peak nights. I don't think they have done that again since then ether. too expensive I bet. it's better to put 2 differant houses in one sound stage instaed, I guess.

Where Evil Hides was the name, it was also a mirror house to.

As a reminder when posting pictures of construction. Please make sure any pictures and/or videos you are posting to this site are from a public point of view and NOT from any type of sneaking into closed off areas or buildings. If we find out a picture and/or video is not from a public view it WILL be removed.

Also feel free to discuss the pictures and what's in them. IF you want to go into heavy detail and speculation about what type of house it might be, etc, please post it in the speculation thread. Thanks.