Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

2 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

With the Terra Queen ruling over.

Probably for just one house and maybe an accompanying zone. But I’ll take it.

What's funny is that 15 didn't receive very good reviews at the time. Time has been quite kind to that year: 

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/halloween-horror-nights-15-tales-of-terror.63502/

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

5 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Probably for just one house and maybe an accompanying zone. But I’ll take it.

What's funny is that 15 didn't receive very good reviews at the time. Time has been quite kind to that year: 

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/halloween-horror-nights-15-tales-of-terror.63502/

But she needs to return and rule over- *gasp*

What if the event is Jack vs Terra Queen? Both of them fight over who rules HHN that year?! Imagine!

You can have both parks open, and the story is that you choose a side. Studios is Jack's Carnival of Carnage, and IOA would be Terra Cruentes!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

But she needs to return and rule over- *gasp*

What if the event is Jack vs Terra Queen? Both of them fight over who rules HHN that year?! Imagine!

You can have both parks open, and the story is that you choose a side. Studios is Jack's Carnival of Carnage, and IOA would be Terra Cruentes!

Yeah...marketing won't allow it. :(

I do hope they give us a bigger dose of the non-Jack icons at the event itself, though. Basically, some contrast from 25.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Am I the only one that wouldn't be too excited about the Terra Queen? Seems they used her as a throw away icon or something. Half the time I forget about her all together.

Well that’s Marketing’s fault. If I’m correct, they didn’t feel the Terra Queen was widely translatable as a concept so they attached the Storyteller whom was easier to hype up the event around.

On 7/7/2019 at 11:59 AM, Hunterhorrorfan said:

Heard from inside sources just the other day at the park that 5 people were JUST casted for “surprise zone” on October 26/27 and November 1/2. Who knows what this could be? could there possibly be a shadows of the past type of zone coming?

The term is 'cast' not casted. 

Sorry...  I'm pedantic and from a theater background.

Edited by BenjaminNicholas
  • Like 2

Reading through the last few weeks, some observations...

IT ain't happening. WB won't let that go for all the tea in China. 

GOT has no place at HHN.  It's popular, but it's not Halloween.  

I'm depressed at remembering how ramshackle the 'Scream' house looked that year.  Such a waste.

I may be the only one, but I'd love to see NOES back in the mix.  I mean, it's quintessential '80s.

Dawn Of The Dead/Day Of The Dead/Return Of The Living Dead.  Who has the rights and why aren't they included?

Beetlejuice would be interesting, especially since the new Broadway show has reinvigorated the character. 

I've been to every HHN event since inception.  Excited as always, but as the crowds get larger and the conga lines grow slower and longer, it's more work that it used to be. 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, ultimateforce said:

The idea of pricing people out of the event seems like such a bummer to me. 

I agree, but it's the only way to keep it under control.  Disney does it and they still hit capacity in their parks.

HHN needs to keep finding ways to control the crowds that attend.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:57 AM, Rikku said:

I agree but I guess only time will tell however the pricing for this year does not bode well for the future, I am sure it won't jump drastically to Legacy's pricing by next year but just steadily climb there over the next few years. It just was a shock this year since last year with AP discount I paid $407 per FFP+ Express and now this year it is $460, and I buy both my partner's and my own pass so not just a $50 increase but $100. If I was still single it probably wouldn't hurt as much as when I traveled to the event as single I didn't have as many responsibilities so it was whatever but now it hits a lot more buying for two especially the past couple of years traveling to the event as a couple lol.

The price jump this year was considerable for private RIPs.

Last year I paid $2300(ish).  This year topped out at $3100.

1 hour ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Beetlejuice would be interesting, especially since the new Broadway show has reinvigorated the character.

I've would love a Beetlejuice house and have been wanting one. Or even a scarezone. Or a show. I would be thrilled and love anything Beetlejuice. But I figured WB wouldn't allow anything more than Beetlejuice walking around the park during the day since they started Horror Made Here.

9 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Am I the only one that wouldn't be too excited about the Terra Queen? Seems they used her as a throw away icon or something. Half the time I forget about her all together.

Like I said, 2005 wasn't that well reviewed at the time--as hard as it is to believe.

7 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So Us could be what's replacing Tooth Fairy?

That's the rumor so far. I haven't actually seen the movie but selfishly it irks me that an original got dumped for what seems like is a very underwhelming IP. Did the movie have that much popularity and hype when it was out?. For anyone that has seen it, is it worth the rent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danny_p said:

That's the rumor so far. I haven't actually seen the movie but selfishly it irks me that an original got dumped for what seems like is a very underwhelming IP. Did the movie have that much popularity and hype when it was out?. For anyone that has seen it, is it worth the rent.

I honestly didn’t like “Us”. And I’m quite infuriated that we lost an original house for this movie. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, danny_p said:

It was pretty popular, more than the recent Purge movies or HDD. And since it's Blumhouse you know that UOR can easily get it into HHN. I thought it was good, and it has a distinct 80's theme and references stuff like Hands Across America.

9 hours ago, Sinfear said:

I honestly didn’t like “Us”. And I’m quite infuriated that we lost an original house for this movie. 

The originals are always great, but "Tooth Fairy" was easily the house I was least interested in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sinfear said:

15 hours ago, danny_p said:

Guys, the Tooth Fairy house was going to be an IP house anyway. I'm not sure how many more times I need to say it. They scrapped it because even when someone was on stilts and loaded with feathers, they still could not even sniff the ferocity and tenacity necessary to portray the same Tooth Fairy that was played by Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Guys, the Tooth Fairy house was going to be an IP house anyway. I'm not sure how many more times I need to say it. They scrapped it because even when someone was on stilts and loaded with feathers, they still could not even sniff the ferocity and tenacity necessary to portray the same Tooth Fairy that was played by Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

I thought they scrapped Tooth Fairy because having Dwayne Johnson in both Tooth Fairy and Fast and Furious Supercharged in the same park would be too overwhelming and powerful enough to cause a disturbance in the space-time continuum.

• Haha 3

So it seems this will be our line-up?

Ghostbusters - Soundstage 22

Stranger Things - Soundstage 25

Us - Soundstage 24B

Yeti: Terror of the Yukon - Soundstage 24A

House of 1000 Corpses - MIB Tent

Depths of Fear - Sprung Tent 2

Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1

Monsters - New Parade Building

Graveyard: Hide & Shriek - Parade Building

Killer Klownz from Outer Space - Shrek 4D Theater 2

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So it seems this will be our line-up?

Ghostbusters - Soundstage 22

Stranger Things - Soundstage 25

Us - Soundstage 24B

Yeti: Terror of the Yukon - Soundstage 24A

House of 1000 Corpses - MIB Tent

Depths of Fear - Sprung Tent 2

Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1

Monsters - New Parade Building

Graveyard: Hide & Shriek - Parade Building

Killer Klownz from Outer Space - Shrek 4D Theater 2

Hide and Shriek is not the official name for the Graveyard house, but yeah pretty spot on (though IDK about which is in 24A and “B”

• Like 3

Is Us really a thing?.... cause I really don’t want it to be.  I mean based off the one casting call? What evidence are people using? It seems like most people who are in the “know” are being pretty tight lipped.  I am not convinced yet, I just wanna know why people think this or what they are basing their claim off of.

Edited by Pyconn84
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Dripping Venom said:

It was pretty popular, more than the recent Purge movies or HDD. And since it's Blumhouse you know that UOR can easily get it into HHN. I thought it was good, and it has a distinct 80's theme and references stuff like Hands Across America.

The originals are always great, but "Tooth Fairy" was easily the house I was least interested in. 

For whatever reason, it's currently a little difficult for me to get excited about "Graveyard: Hide and Seek." Is it just a generic graveyard ghost house? Kinda sounds like it could be this year's "Hive."

20 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

For whatever reason, it's currently a little difficult for me to get excited about "Graveyard: Hide and Seek." Is it just a generic graveyard ghost house? Kinda sounds like it could be this year's "Hive."

As of now we don’t know what house story is and we don’t even now the name for sure. 

I honestly was more surprised Us wasn't a part of the initial rumored map, especially with it being number 3 of 2019 top grossing box office so far. I am super bummed that Tooth Fairy was the one that got the chop for Us (or whatever the unknown IP is), the Tooth Fairy concept I would've loved to see after Knott's did it but hopefully it is just shelved until next year or sometime soon. Regardless of if people liked Us or not it did very well financially and just people knowing about it and I do think it will translate well into a house I think it could be really good if done right.

• Like 2