Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

3 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

I dunno... I think GoT was meant to be a house. Unless that's not what you meant?

No, you read it right, though I have understanding that it's an outlandish theory. My other theory is that it was the "Ghostbusters" house.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I have not but has anyone just seen the finally long-awaited sequel to The Shining, Dr Sleep's Trailer, looks really cool, even though this one might be a bit for them try to grab at it, it definitely has a potential to become a house. 

King is directly involved. Won't happen.

2 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Side note, whats the likeliness that we get virtual line house?

I would say slim to none.  It would make non-virtual lines 1/9 longer.  Could you imagine the sweaty mass of humanity if all house lines were virtual?

God, Mike Flanagan directs some pretty-looking horror movies! :wub: His Gerald's Game adaptation made me very happy. Interesting that this trailer splices in Kubrick's Shining as it's backstory, given Uncle Stevie's feelings on that film...

Duma Key is still my dream adaptation. My personal favorite novel of his (tied with The Stand).

Relevant part of the post: Think I'm going to book my stay for a couple of extra days this year, Oct 24th right through til closing night. Hoping I can swing the costs!

8 hours ago, zombieman said:

I would say slim to none.  It would make non-virtual lines 1/9 longer.  Could you imagine the sweaty mass of humanity if all house lines were virtual?

I rather be enjoy a show or scarezone will waiting an hour in virtual line. 
 If they could test the waters of A virtual line for one house even for a weekend. Granted, Virtual lines aren't much different, it shaves off maybe 30 mins of waiting. 
 I think it would be different. Imagine instead of express it would be virtual line? 
 You pay 135 bucks to skip 30 mins of the line and still got to wait another 45 mins? 

Somber note, I might be signing off for about a month. I am becoming homeless because rent is too high and Orlando doesn't believe in Affordable housing or Living wage. I am saving going to be saving money for housing. Sorry for breaking this speculation with this downer news. 

14 hours ago, RevFreako said:

King is directly involved. Won't happen.

That's my thoughts exactly, if anything, I could honestly just seeing WB taking advantage of it and using it for their Horror Made Here event next year, if they plan to continue that event. 

12 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I hope King isn't involved because that ending is awful. 
 Also, In the books they move to Florida for a bit. Yet it seems like it takes place in Main location of Maine. 

Side note, whats the likeliness that we get virtual line house?

Yeah it seems like they are trying to put the best of both worlds into one film and that should be interesting, idk how it will play out in the long run, I definitely need to read the book. I wonder if King will be promoting the movie or just continue to promote IT. 

I also forgot to mention Black Christmas looks to be getting a second reboot but this time by Blumhouse, should be interesting to see, I always wondered if the original would ever be possible as a house especially after seeing how they did Psychoscareapy Home For The Holidays, I always thought if they'd go on and do something with Black Christmas but according to Legacy in another forum that Murdy and Jason Blum are not getting along behind the scenes and could be a reason why we might not be seeing Blumhouse, I'm hoping it's not true but then again, I feel like Murdy really wanted to bring Halloween 2018 house but was ended with Unfriended and Truth or Dare. It'd make sense why he would be upset with the turn out, I don't think Aiello and Murdy would want to see the end of Michael with Halloween 4 and they would not want to 5 to Resurrection, it'd be for the best to do just Halloween 2018 as the last but now with Jason Blum trying to get another Halloween film in the works, who knows what could happen. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

That's my thoughts exactly, if anything, I could honestly just seeing WB taking advantage of it and using it for their Horror Made Here event next year, if they plan to continue that event. 

Yeah it seems like they are trying to put the best of both worlds into one film and that should be interesting, idk how it will play out in the long run, I definitely need to read the book. I wonder if King will be promoting the movie or just continue to promote IT. 

I also forgot to mention Black Christmas looks to be getting a second reboot but this time by Blumhouse, should be interesting to see, I always wondered if the original would ever be possible as a house especially after seeing how they did Psychoscareapy Home For The Holidays, I always thought if they'd go on and do something with Black Christmas but according to Legacy in another forum that Murdy and Jason Blum are not getting along behind the scenes and could be a reason why we might not be seeing Blumhouse, I'm hoping it's not true but then again, I feel like Murdy really wanted to bring Halloween 2018 house but was ended with Unfriended and Truth or Dare. It'd make sense why he would be upset with the turn out, I don't think Aiello and Murdy would want to see the end of Michael with Halloween 4 and they would not want to 5 to Resurrection, it'd be for the best to do just Halloween 2018 as the last but now with Jason Blum trying to get another Halloween film in the works, who knows what could happen. 

I didn't know that Black Christmas is getting rebooted. 
I think Jason Blum wants more creative control of his house or whats in the maze. 
 I think he did a contract, but the contract had over all creative clause or special verbal about certain properties. 
 I.e No whiplash house.. 

6 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I didn't know that Black Christmas is getting rebooted. 
I think Jason Blum wants more creative control of his house or whats in the maze. 
 I think he did a contract, but the contract had over all creative clause or special verbal about certain properties. 
 I.e No whiplash house.. 

You can also tell he's trying to grab the movies that are known and catch peoples' interest, which is why I think I could see Jason trying to grab ahold of Halloween and Scream franchises to be the start of their own horror series and continue with a new slate which would be interesting, you could see with Halloween, it's something that they want to do with Friday, Nightmare and Chainsaw and so forth but it's hard to really imagine where they would go about those films if they ever have a hold of em, also with last year's house, they should have done something better, Hollywood's house was just all over the place, ours was very rushed and seem to improve and slow each time, don't get me wrong they tried but it just couldn't muster what the first Blumhouse maze brought to the event. 

I feel like Blumhouse was pretty good. 
 Remember how much Loved Insidious was as Stand alone house. 

I feel sometimes that house count could bad but in the end personal prefers of horror is why house count is good

I think we need to do reboot of Chainsaw.  I think It's not scary anymore. 
  Cool icon of horror but not scary. 
   I think because the Orion nabbin new horror it will be hard to get some new horror.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I feel like Blumhouse was pretty good. 
 Remember how much Loved Insidious was as Stand alone house. 

I feel sometimes that house count could bad but in the end personal prefers of horror is why house count is good

I think we need to do reboot of Chainsaw.  I think It's not scary anymore. 
  Cool icon of horror but not scary. 
   I think because the Orion nabbin new horror it will be hard to get some new horror.  

Leatherface though has already been through countless reboots, I think the first reboots were decent, Texas Chainsaw 3D was very out of place, didn't need to happen, Leatherface was good but was not the best, I'm just glad that they did the Original at 26 and the 2003 remake in 2007, both houses have awesome moments. 

I wish they'd would have done Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 so we could have seen Nubbins, Lefty, Stretch, L.G. and the others, the movie was very cool and there are so many scenes they could have taken from it, the radio station, the underground where the Sawyers lurk, would have been a lot of fun. 

8 hours ago, kablue said:

Been quiet on here for a few days. Think anything will be announced soon now that Hagrid's has opened?

Give it another week, I bet we will get something before next month, it's gotta either be the scarezones or another ip or original coming out, it looks like they really screwed up their release schedule bad this year, hope they put everything out in the time, but I'm hoping we get one last thing before this month is out. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, marc said:

A year ago this week was when Slaughter Sinema was announced and the following week was Chucky and KKFOS. Hopefully we'll get something today.

Yeah, but so much has been going on with Universal with the competition with Disney and the new Hagrid ride and other stuff, it seems like this year's announcements were sorta like what happen with 27's announcements abit, I would not doubt though we will get something before next month, they might be giving us some hints into the Stranger Things house hopefully since the last trailer has dropped and Mike Aiello was tweeting about it, I could see them giving us a teaser video like they did last year of what we could be seeing in the house as well as some teaser pictures. 

4 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah, but so much has been going on with Universal with the competition with Disney and the new Hagrid ride and other stuff, it seems like this year's announcements were sorta like what happen with 27's announcements abit, I would not doubt though we will get something before next month, they might be giving us some hints into the Stranger Things house hopefully since the last trailer has dropped and Mike Aiello was tweeting about it, I could see them giving us a teaser video like they did last year of what we could be seeing in the house as well as some teaser pictures. 

If you look at the last five years, odd years tend to be much slower announcement wise. Coincidence, but still—we seem to be following that coincidence here.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

If you look at the last five years, odd years tend to be much slower announcement wise. Coincidence, but still—we seem to be following that coincidence here.

Yeah but if you look at how now Mike and Murdy both realizing how impatient people have been, have been trying to their best to throw tweets but I think the leaks have been really stressing them out, maybe Murdy since majority of the properties revealed are California's. 

12 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah but if you look at how now Mike and Murdy both realizing how impatient people have been, have been trying to their best to throw tweets but I think the leaks have been really stressing them out, maybe Murdy since majority of the properties revealed are California's. 

Orlando has no exclusive IPs this year...