Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

3 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well not exclusive ip but what is going to be the last minute change to one of the houses, is it going to be still be an original or replaced by an ip? 

Casting changes don't mean a house changed. It means casting requirements changed.

Just now, Legacy said:

Casting changes don't mean a house changed. It means casting requirements changed.

Oh okay, well I mean I still hope they announce something soon, at least one more house or just the scarezones before next month. I'm thinking they'll probably throw something for Stranger Things like they did last year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Oh okay, well I mean I still hope they announce something soon, at least one more house or just the scarezones before next month. I'm thinking they'll probably throw something for Stranger Things like they did last year. 

An announcement is partially prepped. Orlando is behind schedule on their coast-specific stuff. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

What did you think about the 80s theme at this point, last minute idea kinda put on for the event or because they had acquired Ghostbusters alongside Stranger Things? 

They stated last year they were interested in exploring the 80s further, so this year isn't a surprise.

Older properties are also cheaper. It gives them a bit more leverage to go after bigger names (like their pursuit of Game of Thrones).

That said, Orlando is less 80s this year than last. They have Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, and... That's kinda it.

House of Thousand Corpses/Rob Zombie are 90s. Universal Monsters are timeless. Zombieland is 2010s. Sure, Depths of Fear is 80s-inspired, but not directly connected so far. Maybe the Graveyard house will be connected to the 80s, but I doubt it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Legacy said:

They stated last year they were interested in exploring the 80s further, so this year isn't a surprise.

Older properties are also cheaper. It gives them a bit more leverage to go after bigger names (like their pursuit of Game of Thrones).

That said, Orlando is less 80s this year than last. They have Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, and... That's kinda it.

House of Thousand Corpses/Rob Zombie are 90s. Universal Monsters are timeless. Zombieland is 2010s. Sure, Depths of Fear is 80s-inspired, but not directly connected so far. Maybe the Graveyard house will be connected to the 80s, but I doubt it.

True, I mean House Of 1000 Corpses takes place in the 70s, I believe 1977 to be exact and definitely inspired by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as for Zombieland it sorta just there but definitely a good ip to see come to the event, I really think they missed the opportunity of bringing in a Romero house this year, Day Of The Dead or Dawn Of The Dead would have been perfect houses. I feel like they are going to probably bill this year in having basically Ghostbusters, Stranger Things and Universal Monsters as the leads and the others in the background, I'm very interested in the Graveyard original, I would love to see what they are trying to do with that one. Hopefully they'll give us more information soon but this year in terms of what is coming seems decent I guess, both coasts have a somewhat stellar lineup I think once the event kicks in September, things might start to look better right now everything just seems iffy. 

22 hours ago, Legacy said:

Wish they would just not bother with mentioning the ‘80s. Like Hawkeye said, “Don’t give me hope.”

Anyway, there’s lots of opportunities to sell IP-based food this year. Don’t think they would do all of them, but still fun to think about: Stranger Things speaks for itself. For Ghostbusters they could sell Stay Puft s’mores. For KK (less likely) they could sell cotton candy blood drinks that the Klowns drank from. Even for HoTC (FAR less likely) they could sell fried chicken...”it just tastes so damn good!”

And with Zombieland, there’s Twinkies I suppose. BTW, is there a possibility that they’re looking to continue the “scarezone to house” promotion trend? ZL would make a prime candidate.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Wish they would just not bother with mentioning the ‘80s. Like Hawkeye said, “Don’t give me hope.”

Anyway, there’s lots of opportunities to sell IP-based food this year. Don’t think they would do all of them, but still fun to think about: Stranger Things speaks for itself. For Ghostbusters they could sell Stay Puft s’mores. For KK (less likely) they could sell cotton candy blood drinks that the Klowns drank from. Even for HoTC (FAR less likely) they could sell fried chicken...”it just tastes so damn good!”

And with Zombieland, there’s Twinkies I suppose. BTW, is there a possibility that they’re looking to continue the “scarezone to house” promotion trend? ZL would make a prime candidate.

Cross Promotion Idea, Spalding's Chicken and 11's Waffles.

Stay Puft-Eggo S'mores.

A Twinkie wrapped in an Eggo Waffle.

...Also how would the blood drink work? All I can see is either a cup wrapped with cotton candy, or cotton candy as a "head" for the drink. The first option, while movie accurate, sounds pretty gross, what with Cotton Candy being so sticky and all.

Krazy Straws required, regardless.

• Like 3

I wonder how they'll go out with the merch this year, it'd be really cool if they have 77-esque style House Of 1000 Corpses shirt and another Killer Klowns shirt and hopefully some for Ghostbusters, especially since that cool design of Stranger Things everywhere, I wouldn't doubt that being one of the posters for this year and shirt, same goes for the Universal Monsters, Killer Klowns From Outer Space since they were only featured on the scarezone shirt and poster last year and maybe one for House of 1000 Corpses, ugh, I can't wait lol 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kichkinet said:

Just a friendly remainder that even though we have all house and SZ pretty much universal only confirmed 4/10 houses and 0 SZ stuff can change(hopefully not) or not be correct till Universal announces it. 

If there was a house change we would probably know by now.

However, the worst that can happen is that an IP falls through but it's unlikely. 

I actually hope Scarezones get changed or get redesigned, because Scarezones this year are kinda underwhelming.

I just want more details about Scarezones so I can really see how the Zones will shape the event.

16 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

If there was a house change we would probably know by now.

However, the worst that can happen is that an IP falls through but it's unlikely. 

I actually hope Scarezones get changed or get redesigned, because Scarezones this year are kinda underwhelming.

I just want more details about Scarezones so I can really see how the Zones will shape the event.

Scream in 2015. 

It's something that Legacy has said in another forum, "HHN fans forget that Universal has announced five houses before every other haunt in America has announced one. “Haunt announcement season” typically doesn’t start until July-August for the rest of the world. Universal actually has to pace their announcements."

Universal is basically pacing their time, I mean we will get the other stuff later on, it takes time you know, the zones and stuff will get their due when the time comes and it looks like Universal will definitely try to pull out random announcements and with Yeti released yesterday, I would not doubt that we will be waiting possibly the beginning of July for another announcement. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I wouldn’t be surprised by another announcement this week.

True, it is like you said, they might have some kind of new schedule to use and just start putting out multiple announcements to sorta catch up a bit for lost time and go from there, I wonder which ip will come first, House or Klowns because I wouldn't doubt they'd save Ghostbusters for last. 

• Like 1

A random thought that probably won't amount to anything...

While looking at the houses that have been announced so far I thought Nightingales has rain and/or a drought, Yeti will have a snow storm, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Frankenstein section of UCM had lightning. Could storms/weather possibly be a running theme?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kablue said:

A random thought that probably won't amount to anything...

While looking at the houses that have been announced so far I thought Nightingales has rain and/or a drought, Yeti will have a snow storm, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Frankenstein section of UCM had lightning. Could storms/weather possibly be a running theme?

No. HHN has already said they are going with 80s part 2. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luigi18512 said:

Anyone know what happened to Tooth Fairy?

That's a story for a later date.

3 minutes ago, faceleg said:

WTH is Anarch-ade? It sounds like some new alcoholic twist on lemonade that will be served during the event. 

"An Arcade."

• Like 4