Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Universal dropped a major hint in that promo video, as to what's going on that street.

I noticed how it was showcasing the NY Public Library backdrop and the Firehouse from the movie. Are you talking about the "Unknown IP" that's gonna queue there or something to do with the actual GB house?

3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Given that it's a quick replacement, that wouldn't surprise me.

Sure last minute changes don't usually mean good results however I feel Us could be easy even when stripped to basics....tethered costumes, scissors, the owl from the boardwalk haunted house, play I got 5 on it, the friends getting killed with the Siri blaring and disco lights, a tv playing the hands across America....may not scream brilliance but a serviceable job should be accomplished without breaking a sweat

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Sure last minute changes don't usually mean good results however I feel Us could be easy even when stripped to basics....tethered costumes, scissors, the owl from the boardwalk haunted house, play I got 5 on it, the friends getting killed with the Siri blaring and disco lights, a tv playing the hands across America....may not scream brilliance but a serviceable job should be accomplished without breaking a sweat

I can already seeing the facade being the "SHAMAN'S QUEST - FIND YOURSELF!" board for the mirror maze, and the maze being calm and peaceful as the beginning scene of the house, then the final scene is the mirror maze with Tethered everywhere and strobe lights flashing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

I can already seeing the facade being the "SHAMAN'S QUEST - FIND YOURSELF!" board for the mirror maze, and the maze being calm and peaceful as the beginning scene of the house, then the final scene is the mirror maze with Tethered everywhere and strobe lights flashing.

Boom! Done! I am confident HHN can do it even under a time constraint, it isn't as crazy as KKFOS or some thing

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dripping Venom said:

I noticed how it was showcasing the NY Public Library backdrop and the Firehouse from the movie. Are you talking about the "Unknown IP" that's gonna queue there or something to do with the actual GB house?

At the very beginning if you listen closely, you can hear the music from I Got Five On It.

On 7/16/2019 at 6:02 PM, HHN Pro 2 said:

Since we pretty much know the line-up, hype list time!

#1 - Yeti: Terror of the Yukon 

#2 - Nightingales: Blood Pit

#3 - Depths of Fear

#4 - Us

#5 - Ghostbusters 

#6 - Killer Klownz from Outer Space

#7 - Monsters

#8 - Stranger Things

#9 - Graveyard: Hide & Shriek

#10 - House of 1000 Corpses

#10--Stranger Things (I'm a fan of the show but...yeah.)

#9--"Graveyard: Hide and Seek" (until I know more about it, sounds kind of...generic)

#8--Us (will probably move down but the very fact that it's a surprise, plus it being an original horror movie helps)

#7--House of 1000 Corpses

#6--Universal Monsters

#5--Killer Klownz From Outer Space

#4--Yeti: Terror of the Yukon

#3--Ghostbusters

#2--Depths of Fear

#1--Nightingales: Blood Pit

1 minute ago, InfamousHHN said:

I've been hearing the Killer Clowns might've been replaced with IT and idk if that's true and I was wondering if that has any credibility

Klowns is already in construction at Hollywood so I would say it’s unlikely

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dripping Venom said:

Could be wrong, but I’m guessing/assuming they’re talking about the guard dropping a Twinkie in the video. Zombie Land is supposed to be NY scarezone which features twinkies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Could be wrong, but I’m guessing/assuming they’re talking about the guard dropping a Twinkie in the video. Zombie Land is supposed to be NY scarezone which features twinkies. 

More than likely its just a reference to this: 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, faceleg said:

More than likely its just a reference to this: 

I mean since Zombieland is apparently coming it could be seen either way lol.  Though yeah even if Zombieland wasn’t coming it would still fit and just definitely be a ghostbusters reference. I was just correcting that i’m pretty sure that’s what’s Ringwraith was referring to. His quote sounds to me like was talking about a hint to the NY scarezone and I don’t see anything else that could be hinting at zombieland. 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41

7 hours ago, Dripping Venom said:

The filming location is where the scarezone is and the presence of a certain item hints to that scarezone, even though it is also in the GB film.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The longer HHN goes, the more it's getting away from attempting to be truly scary.

While I love Ghostbusters, I question their place at the event as a house.  It's the same way I'd feel about GOT.  It's just not a right fit.

Granted, I can't expect Uni to be like going to Blackout, but damn if it doesn't feel like they're just selling out and going for the easy buck at times.

12 hours ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I mean since Zombieland is apparently coming it could be seen either way lol.  Though yeah even if Zombieland wasn’t coming it would still fit and just definitely be a ghostbusters reference. I was just correcting that i’m pretty sure that’s what’s Ringwraith was referring to. His quote sounds to me like was talking about a hint to the NY scarezone and I don’t see anything else that could be hinting at zombieland. 

girl why dont we have both GIF

10 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

The filming location is where the scarezone is and the presence of a certain item hints to that scarezone, even though it is also in the GB film.

This is so smart. I love these promo videos. Kinda wish they did them for the original houses but I get why they don't.

• Like 1

Us is decent film.

The house will be odd.
Cheap and easy costumes, it's just jumpsuits from macy's parade.  that why we got another year of myers last year and those other chainsaw gang by F&F.

I personally think they could kept the original house, but the cost was too high.
 On the record, I think Jordan Peele is great, but he is becoming like M. Night" Shyamalan with the twist, it's boxing himself to be one type director. He won't do a Slasher film because he stated that he doesn't get scare or like them.
 I would like him to redefine the genre of slashers without making it twist ending where it was a mental person and he accidentally stabbed a bunny.

Also, Ghost Busters and Stranger things 2?   Do we know if it's a two year deal for Busters? or will it just be the 1st film?  Also, why wasn't this reveal during the Ghost buster con in Cali?
 I think they could sold a lot of tickets if they did that..

9 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Us is decent film.

The house will be odd.
Cheap and easy costumes, it's just jumpsuits from macy's parade.  that why we got another year of myers last year and those other chainsaw gang by F&F.

I personally think they could kept the original house, but the cost was too high.
 On the record, I think Jordan Peele is great, but he is becoming like M. Night" Shyamalan with the twist, it's boxing himself to be one type director. He won't do a Slasher film because he stated that he doesn't get scare or like them.
 I would like him to redefine the genre of slashers without making it twist ending where it was a mental person and he accidentally stabbed a bunny.

Also, Ghost Busters and Stranger things 2?   Do we know if it's a two year deal for Busters? or will it just be the 1st film?  Also, why wasn't this reveal during the Ghost buster con in Cali?
 I think they could sold a lot of tickets if they did that..

Ghostbusters will have the story of the first film, with some cameo ghosts from the sequel and remake.

• Like 3