Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

8 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Do you have any idea what the unknown IP is? People on Twitter are saying it's Us.

Of course I do. But I've been working to keep it secret for three weeks, and I'm not interested in spoiling anything now.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

72 Days left, can't wait for the next round of announcements, honestly if US or IT are honestly both good choices but if I'd say what was longing more to be at HHN would probably IT, I mean Original or Remake would both be awesome and terrifying to see at HHN more likely the remake as Pennywise is definitely scarier and creepier in that one.

18 hours ago, Gambit said:
New and updated version of the HHN29 Speculation Map.
Newer house announcements have been added as well as a new twist in our lineup. #RIPToothFairy

IvU86ur.png

It's funny cause lately I've been thinking about IP's and Originals. It's been speculated since this thread has started that this year it was going to be 5 IP's and 5 Original's just like last year. But why? That was probably Universal's plan all along but let's not forget everyone's favorite IP house the past two years, Blumhouse. My guess is they scrapped the Tooth Fairy house so they can still use ST2+3, KK, Monsters, 1000 Corpses, and Ghostbusters. But I bet they were pushed by execs. to use Blumhouse again since they own it. Gotta remember, the Original's bring in the die-hards, but it's the IP's that draw in the masses. 

5 hours ago, MGregorio594 said:

It's funny cause lately I've been thinking about IP's and Originals. It's been speculated since this thread has started that this year it was going to be 5 IP's and 5 Original's just like last year. But why? That was probably Universal's plan all along but let's not forget everyone's favorite IP house the past two years, Blumhouse. My guess is they scrapped the Tooth Fairy house so they can still use ST2+3, KK, Monsters, 1000 Corpses, and Ghostbusters. But I bet they were pushed by execs. to use Blumhouse again since they own it. Gotta remember, the Original's bring in the die-hards, but it's the IP's that draw in the masses. 

While it’s being *counted* as an IP, I can easily pretend Monsters is an original.

• Like 1

Aw man, so you're saying Universal isn't going to do Halloween 5 The Revenge Of Michael Myers, I was looking forward to whole Thorn angle and everything being apart of the house XD nah but all aside, I think since the rumors going around for another Halloween film coming next year, I could probably see Universal wanting to better their relationship with Blumhouse and try to get both Halloween 2018 and the sequel for next year, that's if they are wanting to go for it.

On 6/25/2019 at 6:17 PM, Luigi18512 said:

Anyone know what happened to Tooth Fairy?

It's a really long story, but the short end of it is this..

Yes, Jason Blum was a producer on it, but they decided it wasn't going to fit the mold of what HHN should be at least for this year. Their conundrum was solved however, when they simply couldn't get the rights from FOX nor cast anyone that has the size and stage presence of The Rock....

:lol:

• Haha 7

43 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

so um, the IU thread got locked because people kept trying to guess the I.P haunt that was coming, and they were just throwing darts of guessing and weren't even trying.

So to shift the subject, I’m hoping that we see more “definitive” finales this year. As hyped as I am for Nightingales, I kinda wish they were saving the rain effects for the finale, since rain means the end of the games and therefore the departure of the Nightingales.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

So to shift the subject, I’m hoping that we see more “definitive” finales this year. As hyped as I am for Nightingales, I kinda wish they were saving the rain effects for the finale, since rain means the end of the games and therefore the departure of the Nightingales.

Think it’s been hinted at that may be the case. One of the tent houses apparently has a “moat”, which could be simply drainage. 

And completely agree with shutting the IU thread. Was only a couple weeks after the GoT incident and it’s all happening again. People have very short memories it seems. Speculation is fun, but do we REALLY need to know everything before it’s announced? We all know that, typically, A&D do an awesome job, and we are all going if we can regardless of what’s announced. So chill out, enjoy the ride, and count down to the fog and screams :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Think it’s been hinted at that may be the case. One of the tent houses apparently has a “moat”, which could be simply drainage. 

And completely agree with shutting the IU thread. Was only a couple weeks after the GoT incident and it’s all happening again. People have very short memories it seems. Speculation is fun, but do we REALLY need to know everything before it’s announced? We all know that, typically, A&D do an awesome job, and we are all going if we can regardless of what’s announced. So chill out, enjoy the ride, and count down to the fog and screams :D

The announcement said "you enter the fray just as the drought begins to break."

Having the final room be the drought starting to break would be best--would fit with the story and would signify the end of a house, since one complaint the last few years has been the lack of proper finishing statement. Scarecrow had a very strong finale. one that clearly felt like the ending spot.

Trying not to imagine the houses too much--I've learned that when you try to create an image in your head about what the houses will be like, it leaves you somewhat disappointed just because what they come up with will very likely be different. Same thing kinda happened with the Star Wars prequels.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 3

Sad to hear that Tooth Fairy got the chop. :( Was looking forward to HHN's twist after enjoying it at Knott's. But if the story is anything other than Universal wanted more heavy hitter IPs, I would love to hear it. 

But I would be surprised if Blumhouse makes another round this year.... I mean it is a quick easy fill in especially if they use Happy Death Day 2U or some other things like that....  I would think US would be an easy fill in also and did much better at the box office than HDD2U 

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

The announcement said "you enter the fray just as the drought begins to break."

Having the final room be the drought starting to break would be best--would fit with the story and would signify the end of a house, since one complaint the last few years has been the lack of proper finishing statement. Scarecrow had a very strong finale. one that clearly felt like the ending spot.

Trying not to imagine the houses too much--I've learned that when you try to create an image in your head about what the houses will be like, it leaves you somewhat disappointed just because what they come up with will very likely be different. Same thing kinda happened with the Star Wars prequels.

What was the finale in Scarecrow supposed to be, exactly? I remember it was just a mirror cornfield.

6 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

What was the finale in Scarecrow supposed to be, exactly? I remember it was just a mirror cornfield.

I think it was supposed to be us going through a storm in the cornfield and running into two big scarecrows as we exited the house, there were mirrors and flashing lights and corn surrounding us, that's what I got from my experience.

They will probably have the moat might be Depths Of Fear, I bet we will be sorta soaked in that house for sure, whereas Nightingales would sorta be like the rain in the beginning of Poltergeist.

And yeah I think its gotta a bit out of hand on that forum, some people want so much whereas some of us really are just excited about the anticipation in all honesty, I'm happy for whatever comes to the event, a lot of people are getting antsy especially after Hollywood are now starting to communicate more and the site is now updated, I think with everything set in motion, there is no reason for people to jump into conclusions, I think they are pretty aware that we are excited and wanting to know more and that they are doing their best to come up with the best material for this year for both coasts and regardless, the houses may seem questionable or exciting but its when we experiencing them in person, its when we are really excited that those houses, scarezones happen you know. :) Keep positive and give love and support to A&D

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 2