Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

33 minutes ago, SpookyFairy said:

Over on IU they’re talking about an original being last minute replaced by an IP, but both are unknown. 

Just saying that I’ve heard that apparently some teeth were pulled today

Rumors happen. Doesn't mean everything is true.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SpookyFairy said:

Definitely hoping it isn’t true. I’ve just heard from friends of friends that an entire house was just recast, scareactor wise, and that’s whats fueling debate among them 

I heard that too. A different direction with character design would cause that though. It doesn't mean the sky is falling.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Legacy said:

I heard that too. A different direction with character design would cause that though. It doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Confirmed - just looked outside and the sky in indeed not falling.  Low clouds, however.

• Haha 2

On 6/6/2019 at 11:36 AM, marc said:

Just got the press release that all tickets are on sale now, but the website hasn't been updated.

EDIT - The site is slowly updating with ticket info. I'm guessing a noon launch (about 10 minutes from now). It also says Rush of Fear (the pass I usually get) is for the first 17 nights which is all the dates in September. Probably means it's gonna be a lot more expensive.. :(

vcsPRAsset_3460925_72118_74e9bd04-211a-4

ORLANDO, Fla. (June 6, 2019) – Prepare to be totally terrified…

On the heels of last year’s immensely popular event, the ‘80s will return with a vengeance to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. All-new horrifying experiences inspired by some of the biggest frights of the era will invade the world’s premier Halloween event – offering no escape from the decade that just won’t die. Guests will face 10 elaborately themed haunted houses based on everything from Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” Universal Pictures’ legendary “Universal Monsters,” plus other cinematic greats and crazed cult favorites, to original abominations created by the twisted minds of Universal’s Entertainment team. They’ll navigate five sinister scare zones throughout the park, each filled with menacing scareactors. And when they need a break from the scares, guests can enjoy Universal Studios’ most exhilarating rides and attractions.

More details about this year’s event will be revealed soon.

With a plethora of different ticket and vacation packages on sale now, guests can experience this year’s Halloween Horror Nights their own way by customizing their visit. Guests can save up to $53 on a Halloween Horror Nights single night ticket when booking online and experience more horror each night with a multi-day ticket. Florida resident vacation packages are also available and include accommodations at Universal’s newest hotel – Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites – one-night admission ticket to Halloween Horror Nights, tickets to Universal Orlando’s theme parks and more. Plus, guests can upgrade their experience with the Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass and more.

Halloween Horror Nights runs on select nights from September 6 to November 2 at Universal Studios Florida. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com

How do you get on the list to receive press releases? We have  a podcast that the last episode was listened to by 77,000 people. I was hoping that would be enough to get us the press releases and maybe even eventually an invite to media day 

Edited by Hhnsophmore

4 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

How do you get on the list to receive press releases? We have  a podcast that the last episode was listened to by 77,000 people. I was hoping that would be enough to get us the press releases and maybe even eventually an invite to media day 

I believe they have a media page on the UO website where you sign up. I’m in radio so that’s why I get them (plus I have a Podcast). Still haven’t gotten any invites to media nights, though. Hopefully this year. 

• Like 1

There is few people saying this is last straw for them this year because no discounts for AP on Fear passes with express. 
  I think is a slightly awkward thing. 
  I knew it was going to happen to sooner. 
 I mean once when they take stuff away from team members, you don't think the other benefits are going to remain. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, littlegreenghouls said:

There is few people saying this is last straw for them this year because no discounts for AP on Fear passes with express. 
  I think is a slightly awkward thing. 
  I knew it was going to happen to sooner. 
 I mean once when they take stuff away from team members, you don't think the other benefits are going to remain. 

It's just on the FF+. The regular FF does have a discount. But it does make sense with as big as the event is getting. We'll see what happens next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rikku said:

Now I’m getting worried wondering about the future of FFP passes and etc

The FFP passes will always be a thing. 
 They bank on people buying those tickets to be honest, the repeat guests are what they want. 
  Repeat guess are 30% of over all merch sales. 
  I think it will still be a thing, might be up in prices by maybe 15%.

Anyone hoping for Ghost Buster reveal during the Ghost Buster Con in LA?

8 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

The FFP passes will always be a thing. 
 They bank on people buying those tickets to be honest, the repeat guests are what they want. 
  Repeat guess are 30% of over all merch sales. 
  I think it will still be a thing, might be up in prices by maybe 15%.

Anyone hoping for Ghost Buster reveal during the Ghost Buster Con in LA?

Yeah, they talk about FFPs being abolished every year.

I know some (@Legacy) have advocated for abolishing them because it might thin the crowds a bit.

8 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I know some (@Legacy) have advocated for abolishing them because it might thin the crowds a bit.

And I guess that is what freaks me out as it is something that always seems teased on surveys and such and has been a topic of discussion every year but I never thought (or seen it discussed) that AP discounts would be on the chopping block. Now I am worried it actually could happen, the rationale of how much we, FFP, spend at the event is legit ... the amount I spend on drinks and merch every night is real profit their way so they would be foolish to remove it as if I had to paid nightly tickets I would be at the event severely less, only a couple of nights and that is far less money towards them....idk just it shows they aren't scared now to get more out of tickets now denying AP discounts and the ticket increase this year and just how popular the event is....idk just some scary food for thought for us regular goers lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I’m for eliminating them or drastically increasing the prices. I think they can make more profit and improve the experience by doing that.

Here’s my proposed pricing (AP discounts in parentheses):

Rush of Fear : $309.99 ($239.99)

Rush of Fear Express : $449.99 ($344.99)

The first 17 Event Nights

Frequent Fear : $399.99 ($374.99)

Frequent Fear Express : $549.99 ($489.99)

EVERY Sunday-Thursday event night PLUS the first two weekends and the last Friday event night.

Frequent Fear Plus : $649.99 (No AP Discount)

Frequent Fear Plus Express : $799.99 (No AP Discount)

All Sundays-Fridays, the first two nights and the last Saturday. Includes parking.

Ultimate Frequent Fear : $899.99 (No AP Discount)

Ultimate Frequent Fear Express : $999.99 (No AP Discount)

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 5:34 PM, Hhnsophmore said:

Which podcast? I'm always looking for a new haunt podcast that isn't Scarezone.

4 hours ago, Legacy said:

I’m for eliminating them or drastically increasing the prices. I think they can make more profit and improve the experience by doing that.

EVERY Sunday-Thursday event night PLUS the first two weekends and the last Friday event night.

All Sundays-Fridays, the first two nights and the last Saturday. Includes parking.

Those are Disney ticket annual pass prices for a seasonal event. They would literally have to start killing people at the event for me to ever even consider having my butler buy those tickets for me

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

Those are Disney ticket annual pass prices for a seasonal event. They would literally have to start killing people at the event for me to ever even consider having my butler buy those tickets for me

That’s kinda the point.

But, here’s the thing - a single night’s admission cost $100 before discounts. So, if you’re attending 4 or more nights, a $300 RoF is still a better deal. If you’re attending 11 or more nights, a $1000 FFP+ is a better deal. And both of those night counts are completely reasonable, as they’re 20%-30% of the total available nights.

• Like 1

If I lived in Orlando then I think it could be more worth it for the prices that Legacy is talking about. Well I guess here is my gripe/POV it is that I come down like the last week of the event and I buy a FFP+ to go 8 nights, still a great deal especially when comparing one night with Express prices however when the prices eventually reach the prices Legacy is talking about, bet it will get there in a couple years just steadily climbing, it’ll just be a tough pill for me trying to get the deal for about 8 nights or so.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RevFreako said:

Which podcast? I'm always looking for a new haunt podcast that isn't Scarezone.

We are an entertainment podcast in general but we talk A LOT of HHN. It is called Nick and Jason’s Excellent Podcast. Thanks for the interest 

15 hours ago, Legacy said:

Whilst i understand why you think this, for someone like me a price increase that dramatic would probably mean i'm no longer able to attend or would have to cut down the amount of nights i do attend. I travel from the UK every year and get a FF+E and spend £500+ ($630-ish) on flights alone. To then be spending another £500 on my tickets would mean that's £1000 ($1,300) before i've even eaten anything lol. 

Edited by LilPetts
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, LilPetts said:

Whilst i understand why you think this, for someone like me a price increase that dramatic would probably mean i'm no longer able to attend or would have to cut down the amount of nights i do attend. I travel from the UK every year and get a FF+E and spend £500+ ($630-ish) on flights alone. To then be spending another £500 on my tickets would mean that's £1000 ($1,300) before i've even eaten anything lol. 

I’m also from the UK and do have some sympathy for this. It would be good to have alternatives such as a 14 day pass, whereby you can go as many times as you want during a 14 day period (similar to theme park tickets). Would help international visitors who currently either have to buy individual night tickets or multi-night tickets where they realistically could only attend a small number of nights anyway. 

• Like 3