Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

10 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Watch us not get the unknown IP until the last announcement to keep us in suspense lol

What I feel like they might do is another Q&A video type thing like they did last year with the A&D and talk about the return of the 80s and all that jazz and give us a preview of the merch like they did and finally reveal the last announcement there and then, which I'm guessing might Ghostbusters, I could see them holding that one out the most.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

What I feel like they might do is another Q&A video type thing like they did last year with the A&D and talk about the return of the 80s and all that jazz and give us a preview of the merch like they did and finally reveal the last announcement there and then, which I'm guessing might Ghostbusters, I could see them holding that one out the most.

Sounds exactly right to me!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Sounds exactly right to me!

Yeah, after re-reading Mike's tweets, I'm surprised that they didn't remotely think of bringing back The Strangers for this year, since the sequel had an 80s-esque vibe and style to it, it would have been perfect to see taken place at HHN.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

People on IU were told don’t show or even link it on the site. Which is a lot of security for something fake in that case. 

IU errs on the side of caution for anything that could be a leak. They’d rather not be told by Universal to pull stuff.

• Like 6

I'd mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I would be stoked if Graveyard: H&S wound up being a continuation of Twisted Tradition's themes & pumpkin creatures. Have it take place in some cemetary near the church property from last year's SZ. 

Not a likely occurance, but I dig when original SZs are expanded upon.

Edited by FaceBagman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FaceBagman said:

I'd mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I would be stoked if Graveyard: H&S wound up being a continuation of Twisted Tradition's themes & pumpkin creatures. Have it take place in some cemetary near the church property from last year's SZ. 

Not a likely occurance, but I dig when original SZs are expanded upon.

I mean the way they have done em before like Body Collectors Collections Of The Past to Streets Of Blood and Saws N Steams into Saws N Steam Into The Machine, the Twisted Traditions scarezone had definitely a lot of potential to being a house, I'd hope to see that kind of concept in Graveyard. There are scarezones like War Of The Living Dead that I really love to see be made into houses because they look good at zones but know that it's definitely better when there are more scenes to explore and effects to be used.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 8:52 PM, HHN Pro 2 said:

So this is our map so far...

Stranger Things - Soundstage 25

Yeti: Terror of the Yukon - Soundstage 24A

Depths of Fear - Sprung Tent 2

Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1

Monsters - New Parade Building

Nothing is confirmed yet by Universal. 

Edited by Kichkinet
  • Like 2

Just got done with Season 3, this season was really good, a lot of references and inside jokes, some tears were shed, there was definitely a cool potential scene involving Hoppers Cabin and the scenes at the Starcourt Mall are pretty cool, I'm not gonna spoil anything but I do hope the season 3 portion of the house this year takes some of the best parts from this season. The new creature is definitely badass as well and I could see them using a puppet for this house.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Just got done with Season 3, this season was really good, a lot of references and inside jokes, some tears were shed, there was definitely a cool potential scene involving Hoppers Cabin and the scenes at the Starcourt Mall are pretty cool, I'm not gonna spoil anything but I do hope the season 3 portion of the house this year takes some of the best parts from this season. The new creature is definitely badass as well and I could see them using a puppet for this house.

I just finished it too. I think between seasons 2 and 3 there's plenty of material to make a good house.

• Like 2

Hey hey hey hey hey I just had an idea. What if they're doing seasons 2/3 this year cause they got some info from Netflix/Duffers that season 4 since it's the last one is gonna be so epic that it needs its own house by itself???

Yeah, I'm thinking after how the season ended, idk if they'll make another season or what, not gonna spoil anything, but if they got for season 4, I could definitely see them doing Season 3/ Season 4 next year if Uni is up to the task of doing it unless they have other stuff under their sleeves to pull out for next year's event that they are wanting to try out.

2 hours ago, faceleg said:

Hey hey hey hey hey I just had an idea. What if they're doing seasons 2/3 this year cause they got some info from Netflix/Duffers that season 4 since it's the last one is gonna be so epic that it needs its own house by itself???

I feel like if they really wanted to, all four seasons could have had their own house. I don't see two seasons needing to be combined so the final season could stand alone.

Let me preface this by saying I love Strangers Things. The following thoughts are not intended to say anything negative about Stranger Things.

I wonder/hope the reason they combined seasons 2 and 3 is because they are trying to get through Stranger Things so that they can move on to another Netflix property quicker: The Haunting of Hill House. I like Stranger Things better than Hill House, but in all honesty, Hill House feels like a better fit for HHN. I love watching Stranger Things and enjoyed the house last year, but Hill House has so much potential that HHN could use to make a truly great house. Not just recreating scenes from the first season, but even the facade would be great. It's like the show was made to lend itself perfectly to HHN. As much as I love Stranger Things I think Hill House would be the better choice and fit for HHN out of Netflix properties.

• Like 2

Well I wonder what the promotional theme for next year will be since this might be the last 80s theme one for now, I'm really hoping for ST 3 next year though, this season has really intrigued and really want to see it get its due as a house, also I was talking about in another forum , we could take the show off the table because we know Academy will be returning to the event again this year whereas the other announcements, going by how they did last year they released one house this month and August they released everything else pretty much which makes me wonder if they are going to do that Q&A video like last year where they sneak peeked the merch and more insight on the houses and then released the last original house like that how they did with Scary Tales last year. So to me, it feels like they are intentionally maybe waiting for August to come to put out the rest of the stuff and just continue to promote the event up until opening night.

• Like 1

finished season 3, and i think i made this room lineup to long...

first room i can image will be like orlandos season 1 haunt, where they had a room themed to the opening scene. you can have the gate machine exploding, and the burnt hazmat guys floating in mid air.

title room with the theme.

mini facade of the brimborn steel building, where a bloodied Billy emerges begging for help.

upside down road, where the zombie like guys scare you (imagine the horde effect in the walking dead).

you then enter into the brimborn building, where Billy will scare, and a half developed mind flayer to (sorta like the AWIL scare).

the void, where Heather will pop out from a tub.

Heathers foyer, where a flayed Heather will pop out with a bottle.

the old lady's basement, where the cage with the remains of the rat can be seen. will be a distraction for the flayed old lady with fertilizer around her mouth to scare.

the pool sauna hallway, where Billy will pop out through the sauna doors window (boohole scare).

the assassins basement, where he'll pop out guns blazing.

moruge room where flayed Tom and brace will scare.

small transition hallway with the melted bodies of Tom and Bruce.

hospital hallway with a mind flayer scare (imagine something like the skull scare in poltergeist), Jonathan with a pipe will also scare from the other side.

cabin vision, with a Billy scare.

back to brimborn, where a giant version of the mind flayers head emerges from a wall.

cabin living room with a tentacle coming through a wall (animatronic), and from the other side Nancy will come out with a shotgun. there will also be a mind flayer head coming through the ceiling.

(might put in the funhouse with various assassin and hopper scares...idk)

Starcourt facade with Steve's car as a scare.

clothing store with a tentacle scare.

food court with Lucas and his slingshot,

maitnance hallway with a Billy scare.

lobby with the destroyed ceiling,  have a giant mind flayer puppet (similar to the alien queen in avp) with the fireworks (strobe lights) going off

(originally wanted to end with the gate closing, but i don't think they can pull that effect off)

anything i should change?