Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

As much as I’m excited for Us (after somehow predicting it correctly a few months ago???), I would be lying if I said I wasn’t kinda sad to see Tooth Fairy go. However, the more I started thinking about it, the more I started realizing that it was probably for the best.

Perhaps the biggest roadblock to getting Tooth Fairy would have to be Knott's. As many of you probably know, Knott's Berry Farm in California has had a popular maze based around the legend of the Tooth Fairy at their Halloween event for a couple years now. Knott's has seen a rather large increase in attendance for their Halloween event and is a formidable opponent to USH. Their competitor’s sister park having a Tooth Fairy maze would be very suspicious, even if the ideas aren’t exactly the same. My guess is that UO realized this and decided to scrap it. I have also wondered if Us was originally gonna be a Hollywood exclusive like Creepshow but was brought over to Orlando as a fix-it.

Also, if the “Bedtime Stories” concept was in fact true, I really hope they bring that to the event next year. Besides, this year’s event seems to be very focused on myths and legends (Abominable Snowman in Terror of the Yukon, the legend of the cemetery in Graveyard Games, hell I’d even say Ghostbusters with their ghost mythology). This coupled with the fact that next year is an important HHN anniversary, it may be a clue to next year’s icon.....

(hey, i can dream)

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

No point in discussing what could have been on a speculation forum?

Bruh

Speculate it all you want before the ”announcement” but now that we know it’s not coming this year, why talk about it? Also this page is “HHN 29 Speculation” not “HHN 29 what could have been”.

Edited by Kichkinet

17 hours ago, terracruentus said:

As much as I’m excited for Us (after somehow predicting it correctly a few months ago???), I would be lying if I said I wasn’t kinda sad to see Tooth Fairy go. However, the more I started thinking about it, the more I started realizing that it was probably for the best.

Perhaps the biggest roadblock to getting Tooth Fairy would have to be Knott's. As many of you probably know, Knott's Berry Farm in California has had a popular maze based around the legend of the Tooth Fairy at their Halloween event for a couple years now. Knott's has seen a rather large increase in attendance for their Halloween event and is a formidable opponent to USH. Their competitor’s sister park having a Tooth Fairy maze would be very suspicious, even if the ideas aren’t exactly the same. My guess is that UO realized this and decided to scrap it. I have also wondered if Us was originally gonna be a Hollywood exclusive like Creepshow but was brought over to Orlando as a fix-it.

Also, if the “Bedtime Stories” concept was in fact true, I really hope they bring that to the event next year. Besides, this year’s event seems to be very focused on myths and legends (Abominable Snowman in Terror of the Yukon, the legend of the cemetery in Graveyard Games, hell I’d even say Ghostbusters with their ghost mythology). This coupled with the fact that next year is an important HHN anniversary, it may be a clue to next year’s icon.....

(hey, i can dream)

https://youtu.be/hVzFXI_v9W8?t=7

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Haha 1

My most anticipated list is:

1-9 - All of them. Every year HHN suprises me with what's my favorite

You guys think that the ghosts in Graveyard Games will be tied to their lore like in Ghosttown? In Ghosttown you'd see a dead body and then the ghost tied too it. I hope we get some cool variety based upon the lore we get 

Edited by Midnight Detective

47 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Let get real here..... who is lucky enough to be at HHN on Friday the 13th? And my guess is Jason will pop up somewhere in the park that night!!!

Image result for voorhees

That would be cool but sadly I doubt the would happen. Also Hollywood’s HHN starts Friday the 13th. 

When they first announced it was opening a week earlier than normal I was excited but also bummed it wasn't starting on Friday the 13th.

Oh also, apparently Scarezones are getting announced this afternoon and Rob Zombie accidentally leaked his early:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Vikings is going to be insane!

"Brutal, horn-helmeted warriors have risen from the grave and laid siege to Central Park. Bloodlust never dies."

Unless this is zone is based opera performers in Nazi Germany, the horned helmets are NOT accurate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

"Brutal, horn-helmeted warriors have risen from the grave and laid siege to Central Park. Bloodlust never dies."

Unless this is zone is based opera performers in Nazi Germany, the horned helmets are NOT accurate.

Nazi Vikings would be pretty sweet villains though

Every scarezone looks wonderful this year. I'm loving Vanity Ball's concept and name

• Like 1

I gotta say how gutted I am that Hollywood is getting Creepshow this year. I co-host a horror podcast, and we talked about the one movie we'd want to see represented at HHN more than any other, and mine was Creepshow.  Killer Klowns was a close second, so I'm very happy about that, but Creepshow was still my number one, and I won't get to see it.  I hope beyond hope that we get it next year here in Orlando.

Anybody else find it odd that they didn't announce the final house before the scarezones and AOV? Plus they have one show left to announce and it's weird they didn't group it with the AOV announcement. They're changing things up on us. Normally it's all the houses then a full reveal with scarezones and shows. I need them to announce the last house so I can make my own house shirt for this year.

Edited by HHN Explorer

15 minutes ago, HHN Explorer said:

Anybody else find it odd that they didn't announce the final house before the scarezones and AOV? Plus they have one show left to announce and it's weird they didn't group it with the AOV announcement. They're changing things up on us. Normally it's all the houses then a full reveal with scarezones and shows. I need them to announce the last house so I can make my own house shirt for this year.

House: Because it is reportedly an IP, probably some red tape.  Or maybe even it was agreed it would be final announcement.  Who knows?

Show: I've heard the rumors of an extra show, but won't believe it till I see it.  Seems to be the one item of true speculation that remains.  I know that the blog says "outrageous shows", but still...

2 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

To be fair, most people (me included) associate horned helmets with Vikings.  Thanks, Hollywood...

• Like 1