HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

20 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Oh, I don't think that's true at all.  The actual good ones have pretty high scores actually - guaranteed fresh, even.  Some of the recents:

Split      75%

Get Out   99%

The Conjuring 86%

Don't Breathe   87%

Kong: Skull Island   76%

The Cabin in the Woods  92%

If you even look at some old school ones - same result:

Halloween    93% (the scores get bad as the sequels pile up - AS IT SHOULD)

The Exorcist    86%

The Omen   86%

Then there is the garbage:

The Never ending sequels

Saw VI   36%

Nightmare on Elm Street 5    33%

Friday the 13th Part 8     8%

Garbage from the Start

The Devil Inside   6%

The Forest   10%

The Boy   27%

Blair Witch 35%

Rotten Tomatoes is my friend.  

Let's not forget one of my favorite horror movies of all time - It Follows with a solid 97% on RT. 

• Like 1

So, the first teaser trailer for AHS Season 7 has been revealed along with the title. It's called AHS: Cult. Of course, the trailer alone is giving off some strong HHN vibes. Like, depending on how the season plays out with fans, it will for sure be getting the house treatment but I could see it being an overall theme. A cult of evil looking clowns is right up HHN's alley. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Badge said:

So, the first teaser trailer for AHS Season 7 has been revealed along with the title. It's called AHS: Cult. Of course, the trailer alone is giving off some strong HHN vibes. Like, depending on how the season plays out with fans, it will for sure be getting the house treatment but I could see it being an overall theme. A cult of evil looking clowns is right up HHN's alley. 

I don't know why they kept saying this season would be overtly political, it just seems to be a cult of clowns. And a return of Twisty

19 minutes ago, wow said:

I don't know why they kept saying this season would be overtly political, it just seems to be a cult of clowns. And a return of Twisty

I even read something about how Twisty is returning this season. They made it sound like they were doing their version of the Purge with the election as the main theme. 

29 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

The 3% were right. Absolutely terrible movie.

I have to agree with Critical on this one, I was really unimpressed with It Follows. They lost me completely when they started throwing toasters in the swimming pool. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I even read something about how Twisty is returning this season. They made it sound like they were doing their version of the Purge with the election as the main theme. 

That wasn't so much the show itself as it was speculation. From what I understand the showrunners made it pretty clear that only the first episode takes place on election night, and that's it.

(And I'm not sure how Twisty would return unless it's a legacy character emulating him or Edward Mordrake also returns, but that's just me being picky.)

Edited by TheMutantJinx

14 minutes ago, TheMutantJinx said:

That wasn't so much the show itself as it was speculation. From what I understand the showrunners made it pretty clear that only the first episode takes place on election night, and that's it.

(And I'm not sure how Twisty would return unless it's a legacy character emulating him or Edward Mordrake also returns, but that's just me being picky.)

Unless they have flashbacks to the cult in earlier times, and he was a member many years back. 

• Like 1

I personally think that based on the similar face

paint, that this cult worships/ follows twisty years after his death without an actual Twisty appearance. I also can't wait for teenage girls to lust after even peters character even though he is a horrible person like always.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I personally think that based on the similar face

paint, that this cult worships/ follows twisty years after his death without an actual Twisty appearance. I also can't wait for teenage girls to lust after even peters character even though he is a horrible person like always.

Ok but Evan Peters is attractive soooo. I remember last year during the Unmasking the Horror tour, the tour guide talked about Evan Peters and how he always ends up playing the characters that make you worry about your attraction to him. He is a great actor though.

Speaking of AHS, I'm really interested to see which parts of Coven the include in the house this year, especially if Bayou of Blood gets it's own house. Coven is one of my favorite seasons, but I'm really bummed we didn't get a whole house dedicated to a season like Hollywood is getting. When I was watching Roanoke, all I could think about was how good of a house that would make. 

Anyone else watch horror movies and think about how they could be turned into a house? Just me? 

• Like 1

Completely agree re Coven. Take out the voodoo and what are you left with? Power hungry women who stab each other in the back to get the top spot and be really bitchy about it. I mean the historical flashbacks to torture and mutilation are too similar to asylum (which  that bit of it is confirmed to be covered) so I'm really worried coven will be poor. Or could just be the "rest area" between asylum and roanoake, which might not be such a bad thing if asylum and roanoake are intense

4 hours ago, wow said:

The Coven section will probably have LaLaurie's attic, the zombies in front of the house, and the Axeman. And maybe a few cameos of the witches and/or a Stevie Nicks cameo

I would imagine that they play Stevie Nicks throughout that part of the maze, no?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alien1207 said:

I would imagine that they play Stevie Nicks throughout that part of the maze, no?

Hopefully, I would also imagine that in Roanoke Perfect Illusion will play since it was in a trailer for that season. 

But honestly yeah hopefully the 7 Wonders will be in the Coven portion of the maze

9 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Ok but Evan Peters is attractive soooo. I remember last year during the Unmasking the Horror tour, the tour guide talked about Evan Peters and how he always ends up playing the characters that make you worry about your attraction to him. He is a great actor though.

Anyone else watch horror movies and think about how they could be turned into a house? Just me?

Really enjoyed him as Quicksilver, much better than Aaron Taylor Johnson. Say what you will about X Men Apocalypse, the mansion evacuation scene was freaking awesome.

I totally do that as well.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Has anyone seen the movie Creep? Got a 97% on rotten tomatoes.  I thought it was ok, watchable, but I didn't understand how it got such a high rating.  It's a blumhouse movie also would be fun if they added the peachfuzz character to the blumhouse maze lol 

On 7/20/2017 at 3:36 PM, hunnylvr said:

Oh, I don't think that's true at all.  The actual good ones have pretty high scores actually - guaranteed fresh, even.  Some of the recents:

Split      75%

Get Out   99%

The Conjuring 86%

Don't Breathe   87%

Kong: Skull Island   76%

The Cabin in the Woods  92%

If you even look at some old school ones - same result:

Halloween    93% (the scores get bad as the sequels pile up - AS IT SHOULD)

The Exorcist    86%

The Omen   86%

Then there is the garbage:

The Never ending sequels

Saw VI   36%

Nightmare on Elm Street 5    33%

Friday the 13th Part 8     8%

Garbage from the Start

The Devil Inside   6%

The Forest   10%

The Boy   27%

Blair Witch 35%

Rotten Tomatoes is my friend.  

I'd say that's a little harsh for 'NOES 5.' Yeah, it's one of the poorer entries (Though far from the worst, COUGHCOUGHFreddy'sDeadCOUGH) and made the least in the box office, but it had some good parts. The visual effects and set designs (Especially for the M.C. Escher scene in the climax) look great, and the death scenes are all pretty memorable (Especially Greta's grisly end). I just wished they'd killed off Yvonne and had Mark (A far more likable character) survive instead.

8 hours ago, elhev said:

Has anyone seen the movie Creep? Got a 97% on rotten tomatoes.  I thought it was ok, watchable, but I didn't understand how it got such a high rating.  It's a blumhouse movie also would be fun if they added the peachfuzz character to the blumhouse maze lol 

I really enjoyed creep. If peachfuzz made an appearance I'd be stoked! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, elhev said:

They could reuse some AWIL props to do a Peachfuzz cameo. 

I really liked Creep because it was really well done...and super short. That runtime wins a lot of points from me.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2017 at 1:05 PM, criticalanalysis said:

The 3% were right. Absolutely terrible movie.

I finally get to disagree with you on something!!

It Follows has a great original premise, excellent atmosphere and suspense, and the soundtrack is badass. The only part of the film I dislike is the pool scene, which wasn't the original ending.

• Like 2

So, the new Stranger Things trailer is pure perfection! They are going for a more horror/thriller feel it seems like compared to last year (which was still creepy). Depending on what type of monsters we get, it could easily become a house if Netflix wanted to go that way and I really hope they do! The music was always so good in the first season and already the trailer is using MJ's Thriller which is a classic Halloween song but also 80's song to fit with the time period. The locations from both seasons (although NO pool scene...I don't want a TWD kiddie pool repeat!) along with the 80's music playing would be so awesome!

• Like 2