HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

3 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Same, friend. Every year I've gone I've had a scareactor threaten to kill me. My first year there, I went into the Roanoke house towards the end of the night and there wasn't anyone behind me and one of the scareactors followed me through a room and a half whispering in my ear all the ways he was going to kill me. Good times. 

Here's a conversation topic: what's been your favorite interaction you've had with a scareactor? 

Every time a scareactor compliments my "Hail Stan" shirt.

3 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Here's a conversation topic: what's been your favorite interaction you've had with a scareactor? 

I think my second time ever at HHN, I was on my own while my partner was working in a SZ. Told him not to scare me because I was (and still kind of am) a total wuss...well, the zone was dark and full of fog so when I was walking through to get somewhere else, he got right behind me and scared the CRAP out of me without knowing who I was. Probably one of the best SZ scares I've gotten. And I got to kick him for it later on after his set. XD

• Like 3

My favorite interaction has to be everything happening in survive or die, the actors fighting each other, and most of all the interaction of one particularly crazy Artifice guy who convinced me to join mother as we charged into battle at cast change

• Like 3

8 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Same, friend. Every year I've gone I've had a scareactor threaten to kill me. My first year there, I went into the Roanoke house towards the end of the night and there wasn't anyone behind me and one of the scareactors followed me through a room and a half whispering in my ear all the ways he was going to kill me. Good times. 

My favorite wasn't at HHN but at a local haunt the 13th Gate. Me and my wife were walking through one part that was like a TCM meets Cajun hillbilly section. One of the scareactors an older woman with a blood stained moo moo and curlers in her hair approached me and said "ooohhh hello there big boy, you know I like my men like I like my coffee...." To which my wife said "black and strong?" And the scareactor replied  "NO, ground up and in the freezer!!!" She then pulled out a meat tenderizer mallet and chased us. My wife took off and the only reason I caught up to her was she got stuck behind the group that was in front of us otherwise she  would've probably ran all the way to the car :D

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

The biggest scare Ive ever got at HHN was in the worst SZ ever. BY FAR the worst scare zone ever. Anyone want to guess???

A scare actor got you in Faceoff? Or did they get you in line for a Krusty burger in 2012?

My favorite interaction last year was in Survive or Die on the last night. We had interacted with some of "Mother's" followers so they told us to follow them and introduced us to mother. She had my attention and was asking me what "attributes" I had that could help mother. Then one of the "minion" scareactors got behind me when I was pledging my allegiance to "Mother" and in the loudest/highest pitch possible goes "ARE YOU SMART?!?!" I nearly fell over from the shock. My fiance and I still talk about that interaction.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Dont recall how long you've gone, but I'm gonna throw out 21's NightMaze.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!! Such a shitty scare zone. I'm sure I was bitching about it and BOOM some woman in the black spandex scares the shit out of me...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!! Such a shitty scare zone. I'm sure I was bitching about it and BOOM some woman in the black spandex scares the shit out of me...

Nice.  And yes, that does rank right around # 1 worst ever.  It was like severe trauma so bad it was purged from memory.  Sounded good on paper, though.

• Like 2

Just now, Pandry said:

Nice.  And yes, that does rank right around # 1 worst ever.  It was like severe trauma so bad it was purged from memory.  Sounded good on paper, though.

The chain link fence being pushed around.... I can see A&D at a table going "yeah this will be sweet!!!!"..... opening night "fuuuuuuuu".

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

The chain link fence being pushed around.... I can see A&D at a table going "yeah this will be sweet!!!!"..... opening night "fuuuuuuuu".

LMAO!  That scene probably played out in the first rehearsal.  And by then it was too late. "Maybe the public will like it..."

I have 2 favorite moments, both in the same area. The first one was in Scary Tales during 25, I was walking through and looking at my phone when Prince Charming got in my face and got a scream from me. But the best part was after I screamed, he booped me on the nose and went "I'm sorry, love". It was a very confusing moment. 

The second one was last year in Chance's zone. It was a dead night and as I was walking through, one of her minions asked if I wanted to play. I said "sure" just to see what would happen. The minion yelled "I GOT ONE SHE WANTS TO PLAY" and ALL of the minions ran over. They decided we should play "monarch" and when assigning roles, one of them turned to me and said "You can be Marie Antionette. You remember what happened to her, right?" And before I could respond, another one lunged at me with a knife and got inches away from my throat. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

The second one was last year in Chance's zone. It was a dead night and as I was walking through, one of her minions asked if I wanted to play. I said "sure" just to see what would happen. The minion yelled "I GOT ONE SHE WANTS TO PLAY" and ALL of the minions ran over. They decided we should play "monarch" and when assigning roles, one of them turned to me and said "You can be Marie Antionette. You remember what happened to her, right?" And before I could respond, another one lunged at me with a knife and got inches away from my throat. 

I know some people really hated that zone last year, but they really had some of the VIP actors, and they seemed to be having a blast.

18 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Not really a scareactor...but when Billy Mays humped the crap out of me at the last B&T show in 2009.  It was glorious

• Like 3

hmm favorite scareactor moments.........one that comes to mind was in the 1st Halloween house in the room with all the Michaels. 1st Michael lunged a knife at my face and it came close. I jumped then the next 2 did the same and the 1st one I guess wanted to have another go so he ran across the room to the exit and lunged his knife back at my face.

2nd moment actually happened to my mom on her first HHN trip back in '13. We were walking toward central park SZ and they had stilt walkers (as they usually do). I suddenly hear her scream my name and goes bolting past me as like 2/3 stilt walkers came chasing after her.

Honorable mention: same year we both were waiting at the gate to go in and watching the zombies all bombard the gate. Well when they opened the gate the girl with the teddy bear was waiting a little ways back. Well my mom started walking in and of course the teddy bear zombie came up to her and my mom ran.....in a big circle. Next thing I know there is a line of zombies chasing my mom round and round till she runs off towards NY. Somewhere out there on is a video of this as many ppl were recording.

I went to my first HHN experience (25) with an ex who I swear had unshakeable nerves of steel.  We had gone to quite a few haunted houses & attractions prior, and I had never, ever seen her jump once.  We get there right at the opening with our express passes, and go right to the anniversary house.  As soon as we walked in, she started admiring the underwater scenery, (specifically the hanging seaweed), when a scareactor took one step towards her through the seaweed, she yelped and jumped backwards into me.  That was the first of only 2 times in the few years we dated that I ever saw her get scared.

That same year, next house actually, we were in the first FvJ room, with the two little girls with no eyes jumping rope, and they came over to me, looked right up and me, and said "I think he wants to play", or something to that effect.  Creeped me out, ha.

22 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Man that's tough! I have three big moments that I will never forget.

1) First year ever going was 24. I was a huge chicken but I really wanted to experience the event so I dragged my sister and her boyfriend down with me (also big chickens). First night we did Stay n Scream in Diagon. We got let out and started heading towards The Purge. Now, the streets were dead. We enter the Purge and I don't see another guest in sight and just a bunch of scareactors. Well, my sister decided it would be a great idea to just keep staring at this one actor wearing the white dress.  It was right at the border of where they are allowed to go by the end of the Arcade area. The actress slowly was turning her head to the side and my sister copies her movements. I never warned her to NOT stare them down. It also didn't help that she was visibly scared. Well, my sister wasn't paying attention and didn't notice the two chainsaw guys walking towards us, one on each side of the street. Before I had a chance to say something, they pull the cords and come running right in front of the scareactor in white and charge my sister.  I have never heard her scream or run so fast in my life! She bolted for the arcade. We were stuck in that arcade for nearly 2 hours before I was finally able to convince her to leave. During that time, the actors would just go to the entrance and stare her down again. It was the single greatest night of HHN I have had since and it's what got me hooked on the event! 

2) During 25, I was walking towards Alice by Transformers. The Prison Girls were also there. I saw an actor run up and scare a early 20's woman. Well, the guests response was to bring her arms up to her mouth but in the process she accidentally touched the actress chest. Staying in total character, she yelled "B***h did you just touch my ti**y?". The woman's next response to getting yelled at was to just run. She took off and the actresses ran off after her yelling "Why you running? This is prison rules b***h! You touched my t***y and now I own you!". I was laughing my butt off. The fact that an employee was yelling at a guest like that, which was totally in character, was something I never thought I would see in a theme park. I am sure it was against the rules for the actress to call the guest a b***h but it made my night.

3) Also in 25, I was wearing my Tim Tracker T-shirt. RUN had been a ghost town all night. I went in and it had no line. Not a single person! The very first room the actor came around and blocked the doorway into the next room. He gets up in my face and starts yelling "Where is he?" in my face. I am totally lost and respond with "I have no idea who your talking about". We go back and forth yelling the same thing at each other a few times before he finally points at my shirt. I'm like "Oh, I have no idea. I've never even met the guy". He asked if I had twitter. I said yes. He then yelled at me to get out my phone and go on twitter. So, I pulled out my phone (remember, I am still in a house) and he told me to send him a tweet demanding his presence at the RUN house. After I showed him proof that I sent the tweet, he stepped aside and said "If I see you in here again before I see him, I will sacrifice you instead of that mustache". Throughout that whole house, I was getting stopped by scareactors. In Canada I got to press the button that activated the table saw that sprays out water. Of course as soon as I do I get jumped by another actor just waiting for me to let my guard down. Those personal moments inside of a house are SOOOOO rare but it made that run through that house something I will never forget!

• Like 3

Omg I was there when the prison girl yelled at someone for touching her boob! Holy crap I was like a few feet from you I distinctly remember that. It took me by surprise too because that was one of my first HHN and I was just at Not So Scary the day before. 

Edited by QueenoftheBunnies
  • Like 2

Over so much time, we've had some spectacular interactions with scareactors.  It's hard to narrow down to just one.  I toss a few:

1.  TCM house last year, the actor was the long haired skinny guy that is the hitchhiker in the movie.. this actor had come to play our escape room, and we met him.  I was wearing our Dare 2 Escape t-shirt, so I know he really recognized me.  He jumped out from behind furniture or something and literally put me in a headlock and put his knife up against my throat.   I am sure it freaked out the people behind us, but I LOVED it.  He pretend slashed me, too - well enough, I actually had a small red line on my neck until two days later.

2.  The Body Collector's during 25 - the spine ripper scene- all three of us would stop to watch him do it, and then we'd golf clap for him, and he'd always bow.

3.  The two awesome chainsaw clowns who participated in our wedding

4.  The guy I call "Hippie Chainsaw Guy" - who turned out to be the famous Ken Stricker - during 25, he literally stalked me during the entire event.  I don't scare easily AT ALL, and the chainsaws for me are necessary background noise, but that's it.  However, THIS guy is talented and persistent.  We'd pass him on the street, make eye contact, sort of nod and keep walking.  I would look back - he'd be gone.  The next thing I know, he is literally almost up my back firing off the chainsaw.  Scared the holy hell out of me.  He did this over 11 nights, spread over 3 weekends - until the last night, he got me AGAIN, and when I turned to look at him, he held up his fingers showing SEVEN.. the dude was COUNTING how many times he got me.  I got my pic with him, and it's one of my fave scareactor pics of all time.

HHN25ChainsawHippie&Me.JPG

• Like 2