HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

So, what is everyone's excitement level for the house lineup being speculated?

My rankings:

1--Shining

2--Bayou of Blood

3--Harvest of the Souls (in both this and Shining, wind effects are a must--also, I think having the sound of a banjo playing "Brother Can You Spare A Dime" out front, think like in American Adventure, would be a really cool touch)

4--Angels/Demons

5--Black Eyed Children (this is one in which a queue video would really help--newspaper clippings on reported sightings, to convey a sort of mystery as to whether they exist like any good urban legend)

6--Ash v Evilness Dead

7--Blumhouse

Tied last--AHS and Jigsaw (no desire to go in either of these two)

My rankings:

1-Harvest of Souls

2-Shining

3-Angel/Demons

4-Bayou of Blood

5-AHS

6-Vampires that may be children that's not a comedy house set inside the old Conjuring house...house

7-Ash vs Evil Dead (if it turns out to be the movies it will move up list)

8- Blumhouse

9-Jigsaw

*Also I'm going 1st week in Oct...or at least that's my plan. I haven't bought my tickets yet because I do not like buying before I have really anything to go on.

Anyone else trolling the HHN Twitter feed?  Twice now, there have been tweets from Howl O Scream, and I retweet it to them stating that Howl O Scream is now posting cooler shit than them.  Of course, they never respond to me.. but it makes me feel better. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Roadkill013 said:

Tied last--AHS and Jigsaw (no desire to go in either of these two)

How do you say you have no desire to go into a house? I mean Ive have gone through houses ONCE bc they sucked (3 of them). But you arent even curious about those? Might surprise you!

• Like 1

My most excited list:

(1) Harvest Of The Souls(could be creepy)

(2) AHS

(3) Jigsaw(never did the first Saw maze)

(4) Black Eyed Children

(5) Bayou of Blood

(6) Shining(interested to see the scaling)

(7) Blumhouse

(8) Ash vs Evil Dead

(9) Angels vs Demons(seems confusing)

38 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Anyone else trolling the HHN Twitter feed?  Twice now, there have been tweets from Howl O Scream, and I retweet it to them stating that Howl O Scream is now posting cooler shit than them.  Of course, they never respond to me.. but it makes me feel better. 

Almost makes me want to go buy HOS tickets, if not for the lack of free parking and the crappy day we had last year. Unfortunately one of their SAs made a bad ad-lib choice as we went through their house and I was none too happy. 

My rankings:

1-Ash vs Evil Dead ( I mean, look at my avatar)

2-Shining

3-Angels/Demons

4-Harvest of the Souls

5-AHS (I loved last years house)

6-Bayou of Blood

7-Black eyed children (Not so sure what this will even be yet)

8-Jigsaw

9-Blumhouse (I'm terrified of lipstick face)

Man, I have some good/ funny Scareactor moments I can recall:
1) 2007, I was walking along Central Park with a freshly purchased frozen lemonade. A clown Scareactor jumped me from behind, causing me to nearly drop it (Fortunately, I didn't). In a rather annoyed tone, I said something like "You know, there should be a rule against allowing you guys to scare people while they're holding food or drinks they paid for." He said, still fully in character, something like, "Well, there isn't! Deal with it!"
2) A Scareactor got me really good in 2008's 'Scary Tales.' In the Alice room, Alice looked me dead in the eye and started creepily muttering to me. It freaked me out so much, I found myself backing up against the wall. Just then, the Mad Hatter popped out maybe six inches from me and said "CARE TO JOIN US?" I flat- out screamed and got out of that room as quickly as I could.
3) Kind of along the same lines, in the same year, one night in the 'Fractured Tales' Scarezone, the one playing I think Little Bo Peep kept asking me to eat some of the slaughtered lamb that she had in her basket, saying things like "Come on, it's really good!"

4) In 2009, in one of my visits to the 'Leave it to Cleaver' House, I at one point asked a Scareactress in a Meetz Meats mask who had just lunged at me what the "Z" stands for, and she perkily responded "Quality!"
5) The same year, in the 'Silver Screams' House, at one point, the Usher popped out at me and I screamed, and he responded by calmly shaking his head and putting his finger to his lips (As in, "Be quiet while the film is playing"), so then I immediately shushed up. That was just perfectly in character for the Usher!
6) In 2015, I at one point came across a Scareactress who was part of the female Roaming Horde that year. She was slowly and quietly walking towards me with her chainsaw. Nervously, I said, "Um, heh heh heh, hey there." She said "Hey there" back and abruptly revved her chainsaw! I did what could only be described as a little dance of fear, stumbling back to get away from her!

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

Cmon... dont make us ask...

Well, as I've said, I'm a wuss who loves haunts but needs pretty thorough prep to enjoy it...I hadn't prepped for HOS, ended up being invited to go on a whim (the weekend we all had to evacuate for the hurricane, no less) and didn't realise how different the vibe was from HHN.  I was in bad shape after a couple of houses and I was in tears by the time we made it to Motel Hell. It was pretty empty that night so my group was going through alone. Not sure where, but an SA noticed and I vividly remember them shouting 'crybaby'. Very uncool. I get messing with people who look scared but I was in a full-blown panic attack. I know there are people who could brush that off easily but it stuck with me. 

41 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

How do you say you have no desire to go into a house? I mean Ive have gone through houses ONCE bc they sucked (3 of them). But you arent even curious about those? Might surprise you!

Especially since AHS was done so well last year. I'm not a huge fan of the show either, but I can appreciate good production value.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alice said:

Well, as I've said, I'm a wuss who loves haunts but needs pretty thorough prep to enjoy it...I hadn't prepped for HOS, ended up being invited to go on a whim (the weekend we all had to evacuate for the hurricane, no less) and didn't realise how different the vibe was from HHN.  I was in bad shape after a couple of houses and I was in tears by the time we made it to Motel Hell. It was pretty empty that night so my group was going through alone. Not sure where, but an SA noticed and I vividly remember them shouting 'crybaby'. Very uncool. I get messing with people who look scared but I was in a full-blown panic attack. I know there are people who could brush that off easily but it stuck with me. 

Based on this and your previous comments... might I suggest Mickey's?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

We will be there on your last weekend.  However, i would never go to HHN without express.. I'm too old to stand in line for two damn hours.  You may want to seriously reconsider any ticket without express.  In fact, I think Rush of Fear with Express is probably the best ticket they sell for getting your money's worth.  

Anyway, I'm sure by the time the event starts, everyone will be posting what nights they are going and even what they will be wearing.  It's possible we may find you. :)

I don't know how many nights I would go, and it's a lot of money for the tour and rush of fear with express. My thinking was going for stay and scream, hitting houses I wanted early, then spending time in the scare zones soaking the atmosphere in and heading off around 10ish. But who knows? 

And yes always up for meeting people and hanging out. I may need some moral support as never done anything like HHN before and think I'm underestimating just how scary it will be!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Based on this and your previous comments... might I suggest Mickey's?

Never been, never really wanted to go. I like haunts. Just have to know my limits. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alice said:

Almost makes me want to go buy HOS tickets, if not for the lack of free parking and the crappy day we had last year. Unfortunately one of their SAs made a bad ad-lib choice as we went through their house and I was none too happy. 

I had to chime in here.. don't get me wrong - HHN is still my favorite event of the year even though we have some AWESOME haunts in Chicago we do as well. I am a loyal HHN until I die, probably.  That being said, HOS is worth doing as well.  I wasn't sure about it until someone here insisted we give it a try.  We had SO MUCH FUN that it is now part of our yearly travels. Granted, we go one night, and the rest of our time is at HHN, but it's something we look forward to.  Their VIP ticket is awesome.  Since we only do the one night, we do it VIP.  This includes our own private guide for just our group ALL NIGHT, front of the line (including going ahead of whatever express pass line they have) - and this front of the line is unlimited for houses and rides, dinner is included as well as front tables for their show.  We also get free drinks and snacks all night and free VIP parking.  This is for approx $230 per person.  TOTALLY WORTH IT!  We do this on a Saturday because we buy the Frequent Fear Plus with Express and many Saturdays aren't included.  It's all about planning.  

While the scarezones are somewhat lacking at HOS, their random scareactor placement is epic.  They have these people hidden in various spots throughout the park (which is MUCH darker to begin with than Universal), and some of my best scares have come from these actors.  Also, their houses are pretty damn good.  I loved Motel Hell last year, and I still love Zombie Mortuary.  I'd recommend.

17 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I don't know how many nights I would go, and it's a lot of money for the tour and rush of fear with express. My thinking was going for stay and scream, hitting houses I wanted early, then spending time in the scare zones soaking the atmosphere in and heading off around 10ish. But who knows? 

And yes always up for meeting people and hanging out. I may need some moral support as never done anything like HHN before and think I'm underestimating just how scary it will be!

We're here for you, Matt. :)  If for no other reason than it amuses me to watch people scream.  hahahaha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I can certainly understand your point. HOWEVER, going through a house can be a blur of an experience, so I try to pick out the houses I want to do and go through them multiple times if that makes sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I can certainly understand your point. HOWEVER, going through a house can be a blur of an experience, so I try to pick out the houses I want to do and go through them multiple times if that makes sense.

I can see that. I guess I go 3 or 4 nights in a row so I can see everything multiple times. Although Alice Cooper, Purge and Chances house were so bad one was enough for me!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I haven't trolled them but i have been checking out the replies of their recent posts about express passes and the tours,  and about 99% of the replies are people complaining about how there's no announcements lol 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

As long as I'm not as bad as the guy Ellen sends to HHN every year that's a victory in my book :lol:

I cry with laughter watching that guy go through the houses.  It NEVER gets old.  In fact.. I think I am going to YouTube that right now!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I had to chime in here.. don't get me wrong - HHN is still my favorite event of the year even though we have some AWESOME haunts in Chicago we do as well. I am a loyal HHN until I die, probably.  That being said, HOS is worth doing as well.  I wasn't sure about it until someone here insisted we give it a try.  We had SO MUCH FUN that it is now part of our yearly travel...Also, their houses are pretty damn good.  I loved Motel Hell last year, and I still love Zombie Mortuary.  

I think their detail and scare level, in the houses, is much better than HHN's for the most part. The two you mentioned are outstanding. Genuinely creepy vibe in the latter, too. Zombie Mortuary resembles Screamhouse in my opinion. Not as "theatrical" thou.

17 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I cry with laughter watching that guy go through the houses.  It NEVER gets old.  In fact.. I think I am going to YouTube that right now!

Same here. So funny. However, I have the feeling you may experience the live British version with me.....slightly more restrained, with more verbose swearing haha

• Like 1

you know what here's a game for people right now. what do you want to see in this years houses

1 ash vs evil dead [ if it's the original the WHO'S LAUGHING NOW scene ] 

2 shining [ we need the hhn bear back ]

3 angels v demons [ i hope they pull off a bungee harness effect for the angels ]

4 harvest of the souls [ we need a little Easter egg of field of screams from 2004 ]

5 ahs [ we need the Hades minitouar from 2010 back in this house ]

6 bayou of blood [ we need to see the ritual from the 2014 scarezone i here ]

7 black eyed children [ a little cindy easter egg will be nice ]

8 jigsaw [ please feature the pendulum and the carousel trap from 5 and 6 ]

9 blumhouse [ if splits going in this house i hope the scareactors are interactive for keven ]

Hi! Longtime lurker, first time joiner here!

I apologize in advance if this kind of odd question has already been asked & answered but I was wondering...where does everybody buy their horror shirts &/or merch to wear to HHN from? This is my first year going with a Frequent Fear + Friday pass, and I've been slowly collecting shirts to wear since I'll be attending a lot. I've been shopping the Fright Rags & Terror Threads sites, but I was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Hi! Longtime lurker, first time joiner here!

I apologize in advance if this kind of odd question has already been asked & answered but I was wondering...where does everybody buy their horror shirts &/or merch to wear to HHN from? This is my first year going with a Frequent Fear + Friday pass, and I've been slowly collecting shirts to wear since I'll be attending a lot. I've been shopping the Fright Rags & Terror Threads sites, but I was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions.

Thanks!

if you want past hhn shirts from previous years go onto amazon or ebay. if you want the ones for this year go to the gift shop when hhn 27 opens