HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Hmm.   While I only watched the first 2 Saw movies because that's my average limit on sequels, this looks somewhat interesting.  However, I'm still going to wait for Rotten Tomatoes score.  AND, it comes out at the end of the event?  Sucks.

3 hours ago, marmoset said:

They leave Easter eggs through out but some notables include:

-very high on originals (I'd hope so)

-considered the shining a white whale.

-both extremely high on AoV

-Charles mentioned wanting to bring back The Thing, and creating their own story after MacGready and Childs are found.

-Patrick would to have another take on Dead exposure.

-mentioned having a love for classic Halloween themes, really hinting at Trick r Treat

One other thing I picked up on is the mention of wanting to do a "Hades or Gothic" type maze again with giant monsters coming from all around you. Might be a reference to whatever Gothicombs is.

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I would not go strictly by the RT score. I can almost guarantee it will at least be below 50%. 

RT is always pretty rough on horror movies, and especially sequels. 

Frankly RT SHOULD be rough on horror movies because so many of them SUCK.  I don't want to watch a horror movie just because it's a horror movie.  Give me something new, something interesting, something scary.  Don't give me a half-assed, crappily-acted, horrendously-written, time-waster.

28 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Frankly RT SHOULD be rough on horror movies because so many of them SUCK.  I don't want to watch a horror movie just because it's a horror movie.  Give me something new, something interesting, something scary.  Don't give me a half-assed, crappily-acted, horrendously-written, time-waster.

Fair enough, but most horror movies (not all but most) take a 50-60 point hit just because of their genre. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Jigsaw trailer just released, 

announcement soon now that we got trailer? 

This looks like something that we missed out on for years.
 the saw series is decent straight forward horror movie. I think this would transfer over to a house pretty well. I mean we had over violent purge and sexy vampires from dusk till dawn.

35 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Fair enough, but most horror movies (not all but most) take a 50-60 point hit just because of their genre. 

Oh, I don't think that's true at all.  The actual good ones have pretty high scores actually - guaranteed fresh, even.  Some of the recents:

Split      75%

Get Out   99%

The Conjuring 86%

Don't Breathe   87%

Kong: Skull Island   76%

The Cabin in the Woods  92%

If you even look at some old school ones - same result:

Halloween    93% (the scores get bad as the sequels pile up - AS IT SHOULD)

The Exorcist    86%

The Omen   86%

Then there is the garbage:

The Never ending sequels

Saw VI   36%

Nightmare on Elm Street 5    33%

Friday the 13th Part 8     8%

Garbage from the Start

The Devil Inside   6%

The Forest   10%

The Boy   27%

Blair Witch 35%

Rotten Tomatoes is my friend.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

Oh, I don't think that's true at all.  The actual good ones have pretty high scores actually - guaranteed fresh, even.  Some of the recents:

Split      75%

Get Out   99%

The Conjuring 86%

Don't Breathe   87%

Kong: Skull Island   76%

The Cabin in the Woods  92%

If you even look at some old school ones - same result:

Halloween    93% (the scores get bad as the sequels pile up - AS IT SHOULD)

The Exorcist    86%

The Omen   86%

Then there is the garbage:

The Never ending sequels

Saw VI   36%

Nightmare on Elm Street 5    33%

Friday the 13th Part 8     8%

Garbage from the Start

The Devil Inside   6%

The Forest   10%

The Boy   27%

Blair Witch 35%

Rotten Tomatoes is my friend.  

Was Don't Breathe good?

3 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

This looks like something that we missed out on for years.
 the saw series is decent straight forward horror movie. I think this would transfer over to a house pretty well. I mean we had over violent purge and sexy vampires from dusk till dawn.

I'm fairly certain that this has been one of the more prevalent rumors that has been floating around about this year. (I wouldn't know exactly, as I took a couple of weeks off from here and am unsure as to what exactly I have missed.)

14 hours ago, Doctor_Acula said:

Whoa, now.

Jason Takes Manhattan is might be garbage, but it's high-quality garbage.

I swear. That movie was made by someone who had never been to New York, they'd just seen it on TV. 

I also love that riding on a boat for 85% of the movie, and then running around NYC for the last half of the third act can be called "taking Manhattan" .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, N i c k said:

Was Don't Breathe good?

I personally thought it was just okay.
It was intense, and had some disturbing moments, but my main problem with the movie was I found the main characters very hard to root for.
I mean, the main girl goes along with a plot to rob a blind war veteran just so she and her daughter can have enough money to move to California. Am I supposed to cheer her on for that?

• Like 1

Haven't seen Don't Breathe, but I was pleasantly surprised by Get Out which I saw recently. Not sure how any of it could translate well to HHN though?

Let's say Blumhouse is just 1 scene per movie, are there any that you guys think would work well?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I mean, the main girl goes along with a plot to rob a blind war veteran just so she and her daughter can have enough money to move to California. Am I supposed to cheer her on for that?

That's actually her little sister. The one thing you're overlooking is that she feels trapped, and she needs to get her and her sister out of their current living situation (trying to be as spoiler free as possible). It's not a great choice, and she seems somewhat remorseful about it, but it's the best option she has at the time.

10 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I was cheering for the blind guy for sure.

For the whole thing? The movie is intentionally set up that you should be rooting for him early on, but it would be very difficult to say that after the second act.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

For the whole thing? The movie is intentionally set up that you should be rooting for him early on, but it would be very difficult to say that after the second act.

I was joking. Yeah 2nd act was fucked up.

hardest ting to believe that they are going to such great lengths to leave Detroit. Its a beautiful city!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Good. You had me concerned there for a second. I was about to call the cops to check out your place.

I promise the only thing you'll find in my basement is a playroom with more toys that Toy R Us and it looks like a grenade went off down there. How do kids trash a place in under a minute. Its insane!!!

• Like 1