HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Never watched Evil Dead but the post by Universal seems to mention chainsaws a few times so I guess they are kinda a big deal in the Evil Dead world. Do we know where this house is going to be located? The use of "real" chainsaws is always way more effective but they can't be used indoors. Hopefully they have an outdoor section like 25 did with the Jack house and last years Texas Chainsaw were they were able to use real chainsaws at the very end. 

Since it's being advertised as the STARZ property, I think all bets that claim it's secretly based on the first two movies are null, since outright false advertising would get Universal into serious legal trouble.

And I'm beyond excited about this official announcement--I caught up on the show a few weeks ago. It's gonna be groovy.

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Um...

Whatever you're doing...stop.

Go get Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness from the store, library, Pirate Bay, whatever.

Watch those.

He has to watch the 1st one too or the beginning of the 2nd one won't make as much sense.

If you watch all 3, the show will also make a lot more sense.

• Like 1

Predicted maze lineup and locations, as of current speculation:

AHS: Asylum, Coven, Roanoke; SS21

The Shining; SS22

Bayou of Blood; SS24

Angels vs Demons; SS24

Jigsaw; Shrek Queue

Blumhouse of Horrors; MIB Tent

Urban Legends: Black Eyed Children; Sprung 2

Harvest of the Souls; Sprung 1

Ash vs Evil Dead; Parade Building

Only thing I don't know is where AvED & Harvest of the Souls are, just that they are in one those of two locations. As for Black Eyed Children, I still don't know what that house is; just that that's the current speculation for the house

Edited by wow

My intuition is telling me (based on Legacy hints on Inside universal) that inviting the black eyed kids into your home brings on the plague of vampires. Which could be absolutely terrifying. Imagine walking down a hallway and having vampires literally coming out the walls to attack you like a gauntlet of fear. I'm regretting agreeing to do this lol

• Like 1

^Wait, are the black eyed kids themselves vampires? Or more like the face huggers in Alien, in that they "plant" vampires?

I still think the queue DESPERATELY NEEDS a video--newspaper clippings and interviews about sightings of BEKs. Basically instill a certain vagueness as to whether they even exist (of course, since you're about to go in a house called "Black Eyed Kids" they "do"), since they are an "urban legend."

Read the wiki page to see what I'm talking at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-eyed_children

And this page: http://weekinweird.com/2016/01/28/witness-report-i-let-the-black-eyed-children-into-my-home-and-now-im-slowly-dying/

Oh, and they're going to have to find a bunch of short actors. Maybe this will be a female actor-dominated house?

Thoughts?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

I'm not one to post frequently, lurked for many years but after looking at the website again, it's changed and they're working on something...when you click on soul collectors tab it takes you to countdown clock and typical video teaser and now says this instead of the Enter button which led to the total soul collected...

"Pardon our dust. And cobwebs. We’re sharpening our knives. 
In the dark. Prepare for our return."

Ok so I just finished watching Silence of the Lambs, and it NEEDS to come to HHN one of these years. It has enough content for maze and Universal's running out of classic IP's to use so why not. Sorry, I know it's unrelated to speculation I just think it'd be so cool to go through Buffalo Bill's house in a maze.

• Like 2

Am I the only one amused by this portion of the blog?

"The house will feature various locations from the first two seasons of Ash vs Evil Dead  and lots of blood. And for those “in the know,” the answer is yes…We’ll be going back to the cabin; with a few other surprises along the way."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wow said:

Ok so I just finished watching Silence of the Lambs, and it NEEDS to come to HHN one of these years. It has enough content for maze and Universal's running out of classic IP's to use so why not. Sorry, I know it's unrelated to speculation I just think it'd be so cool to go through Buffalo Bill's house in a maze.

OMG, if they did that I hope they would play the Fall's "Hip Priest" in the basement scenes.  That track has a shambling menace that helped cement my obsessive love for Silence of the Lambs AND the Fall.

That said, I would rather see a maze based on Hannibal, but I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

Whoah, my reaction is late, because I immediately went halfway through season 1. Even without having seen the original movies, I love this show, it has some of the most likable characters I've ever seen, and has the sort of over the top style that AHS attempts less successfully. I am now really looking forward to this house and think It will be nice to have a house that's less terrifying, and more Groovy.

19 minutes ago, peculia said:

OMG, if they did that I hope they would play the Fall's "Hip Priest" in the basement scenes.  That track has a shambling menace that helped cement my obsessive love for Silence of the Lambs AND the Fall.

That said, I would rather see a maze based on Hannibal, but I don't see that happening.

Ugh I hope it'll come eventually, but most likely they'd play Goodbye Horses instead since well... we all know that scene

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Anyone know how I can watch 'Ash vs. the Evil Dead?' It's not on Netflix.

I watched it on either Showbox or Cinemabox app on my Android phone. These apps are ways to get torrents of shows and movies. They aren't in the Google Play store, so you'd have to download it to your phone off the internet. Also, I've been told by people with Iphones that they are having a hard time downloading the apps.

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Second season JUST came out, so it's still $35.

Season 2 actually comes out on August 22nd. 

Also, check your local libraries. That's where we end up getting a lot of our movies/TV shows from. If you have a decent librarian, they'll probably have a few copies floating around.

14 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

If you have Comcast I saw they have Ash vs. Evil Dead on On Demand, I've never seen the show either so I might have to check it out soon.

It is free for Starz subscribers, otherwise it is something like $3 an episode.

12 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^Wait, are the black eyed kids themselves vampires? Or more like the face huggers in Alien, in that they "plant" vampires?

I still think the queue DESPERATELY NEEDS a video--newspaper clippings and interviews about sightings of BEKs. Basically instill a certain vagueness as to whether they even exist (of course, since you're about to go in a house called "Black Eyed Kids" they "do"), since they are an "urban legend."

Read the wiki page to see what I'm talking at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-eyed_children

And this page: http://weekinweird.com/2016/01/28/witness-report-i-let-the-black-eyed-children-into-my-home-and-now-im-slowly-dying/

Oh, and they're going to have to find a bunch of short actors. Maybe this will be a female actor-dominated house?

Thoughts?

This is NOT a Black Eyed Kids house. It's a vampire house. Someone just mentioned them in spec because of the hint "they have to be invited in". But it's just a new take on a vampire house.

• Like 2

Can I plug my YouTube channel to you guys here? Cause I just made a video about the announcement and thought i could share it here. If that's not cool, then sorry and one of the mods can delete this.  Anyway 

here's video I made about the announcement. My channels new with just 30 subscribers and not getting a lot of views on most videos so far. My channel is mostly about movies, I do movie reviews and trailer reactions, cause those are a popular thing for some reason, but I will also be talking about Hhn a lot in the future since I'm such a big fan, I'll talk about whatever other reveals we get and  I'll do a review on my channel once the event starts. So if any of you would like to check it out that would be much appreciated. 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41

2 hours ago, rockingamer17 said:

This is NOT a Black Eyed Kids house. It's a vampire house. Someone just mentioned them in spec because of the hint "they have to be invited in". But it's just a new take on a vampire house.

By "new take" I assume it'll be different than the Vampyr-like settings?

Damn, I'm really eager to see WTH this house is. I know the sets are Conjuring, obviously.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1