HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

2 hours ago, rockingamer17 said:

This is NOT a Black Eyed Kids house. It's a vampire house. Someone just mentioned them in spec because of the hint "they have to be invited in". But it's just a new take on a vampire house.

Ugh really? I was actually excited for that one too. I'm curious to see how they do it/what it is but it'll probably end up being really good 

2 hours ago, wow said:

Ugh really? I was actually excited for that one too. I'm curious to see how they do it/what it is but it'll probably end up being really good 

It's gonna be an Animal House/Vamp55 sequel mash up.

Its the fall 1974 and homecoming weekend at Carey University. The Carey University football team is undefeated and KILLING the opposition. The boys Delta Tau Chis are throwing the biggest frat party since last year. The band will be jamming, the beer will be cold, and everyone is feeling friendly. Open invitation everyone is invited even those creepy locals and those nocturnal nerds from Lambda Lambda Lambda. Only catch is BYOB. Bring your own Blood.

Universal will also be covered in a dome, so even if it rains you will be good to go! Don't worry about the chainsaw fumes it will add to the effect!

Edited by marmoset
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, wow said:

Ok so I just finished watching Silence of the Lambs, and it NEEDS to come to HHN one of these years. It has enough content for maze and Universal's running out of classic IP's to use so why not. 

OR maybe return to all original content?  I'd so much rather see that than Silence of the Lambs.  Or Shining.  Or It.  Or This is the End.  Or Trick r Treat.  Or Walking Dead. Or... Or.. Or...

Pining for the good old days

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

By "new take" I assume it'll be different than the Vampyr-like settings?

Damn, I'm really eager to see WTH this house is. I know the sets are Conjuring, obviously.

Yeah, basically all we know is it's a vampire house in what was supposed to be Conjuring and not Vampyr. Apparently it won't be 100% Conjuring sets though as they're believed to have stopped working on it when that was up in the air and it'll be the last one finished.

^I know you can't share it if you do, but do you know what "unique spin" this is going to be?

^^^ Ah, the giant tent rumor. The source of so many laughs I had as a Vault lurker back in '08.

(A somewhat OT question I have from those days, to those who were Vault regulars--who was DamnSkippy and why was he so bad? I saw so many posts about him but never actually saw him or what he did. I ask this because I think I vaguely recall someone saying that he was who started the giant tent "rumor" but I'm not sure. Thanks!)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

19 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Question about the Soul Collector link: Has anyone had any of the six locks unlocked? Also, do we know if they are sending us stuff in the mail?

I was thinking the same. I don't think anyone has received mail, I haven't and neither has my other half. So I'm guessing no one has yet. Same for the locks. Still only on the first. 

On 7/28/2017 at 11:22 AM, zombieman said:

OR maybe return to all original content?  I'd so much rather see that than Silence of the Lambs.  Or Shining.  Or It.  Or This is the End.  Or Trick r Treat.  Or Walking Dead. Or... Or.. Or...

While I love *mostly* original events(21, 20, 18), they will most likely not happen again unless one or two IP's are shoved in. Marketing won't let an all original event happen because, correct me if I'm wrong, but the GP is more interested in hard hitting IP's than original content and backstory. 

1 hour ago, wow said:

While I love *mostly* original events(21, 20, 18), they will most likely not happen again unless one or two IP's are shoved in. Marketing won't let an all original event happen because, correct me if I'm wrong, but the GP is more interested in hard hitting IP's than original content and backstory. 

The GP definitely does prefer a big IP over something original because the hype train is real, but I really do prefer original stuff over big name IP's. It's the reason why I like fright fest more than Horror Nights. When I go to HHN I know that the maze is called Halloween, and that the named killer is Michael Myers, so I know what to expect. I never watched the movies but if I had, then it would be even more predictable. I believe all of Fright fest's stuff is original, so when I walk in I'm not expecting any of what I see, except for when they repeat. 

On 7/28/2017 at 1:22 PM, zombieman said:

Member when people were craving a Shining maze?

I member.

EDIT: Poe's Law in action.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2017 at 6:18 AM, Jessicaann101 said:

I was thinking the same. I don't think anyone has received mail, I haven't and neither has my other half. So I'm guessing no one has yet. Same for the locks. Still only on the first. 

Hell, I never even got an official confirmation email.  It's a sad excuse for inclusion or for trying to get any of us hyped up.  I'm patiently waiting until Thursday morning to see if the stupid countdown actually means what we think it means.

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

Hell, I never even got an official confirmation email.  It's a sad excuse for inclusion or for trying to get any of us hyped up.  I'm patiently waiting until Thursday morning to see if the stupid countdown actually means what we think it means.

So help me if that countdown is just for the release of the commercial or something. 

Side note: I had to call Universal yesterday because I had questions about my AP and I mentioned to the lady on the phone how I won't be back down in Orlando until October for HHN and she said "would you like me to transfer you to sales so you can buy your tickets?" And I said "no thank you, I'm not buying tickets until I actually know what all will be at HHN". She just sighed and said "I understand". Gave me the impression I wasn't the first person she's heard say that this year

Edited by QueenoftheBunnies

22 hours ago, wow said:

But what Universal is failing to understand is that WE are more important than those pesky GP.  Sure, they bring lots of money to the event - blah, blah, blah.  They stink up the park and create huge lines for US - THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY MATTER.  

get+off+my+lawn.jpg

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 1

Plus one would hope that the general public that has attended the event in the past few years will continue to come back regardless of the big name IP's because they had so much fun the first time. 

I honestly hope we get to the point where we have only 2-3 big name IP's to draw in people and then make the rest original. Original mazes tend to be the better houses...except for a few that fall so far below the "good quality" level (i'm talking about you Chance house I can't even remember the name too). In fact, Original houses have been the most memorable for me. Dollhouse in 24, Jack Present and Shadybrook from 25, and then last years Tomb (which still freaks me out...those dang dropping wall!) and Ghosttown were all major highlights. So excited to see what the originals are like this year! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Its bloody frustrating - well it's looking like it'll reach 25,000 souls before Thursday so I'm wondering if that'll be something? Patiently waiting?! I'm pulling my bloody hair out! I can't wait any longer!

Yep completely agree with everyone on here - the build up to this has been incredibly poor.  I get the impression either there's been a lot of issues this year outside of Universals control meaning the marketing side of things has gone completely off track, or just poor project management. 

Lets just hope hope it was all worth it in the end which I'm sure it will be (the event, not the marketing). 

• Like 6

Yall freaking out and im just over here loving the anticipation. Back when I first started HHN we didnt get any info on ANYTHING until mid august. Never ANY early house releases. Love not knowing anything personally. I have full faith in Uni. Just building the hype

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CNYHHN315 said:

Yall freaking out and im just over here loving the anticipation. Back when I first started HHN we didnt get any info on ANYTHING until mid august. Never ANY early house releases. Love not knowing anything personally. I have full faith in Uni. Just building the hype

There's much better ways of building the hype though. Cryptic puzzles, construction photos, etc. Things that promote speculation and positive discussions, and build the hype up that way. 

A vacuum of information gives people nothing to speculate on, therefore more likely to be taken as negative. 

Plus for people travelling from from afar to the event it makes it very difficult. I knew I was always going to go to Orlando this year to go to HHN for the first time regardless, but if I was toying with the idea of going to Orlando for a holiday I'd probably have put off going back for another year or two. Not just over lack of HHN info, but other factors as well (I miss the days of £1:$2 - blame Brexit haha). Had I been more engaged by the HHN buildup then maybe that would have helped sway my decision to go. 

• Like 1