Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Murdy has also come out very strongly against upcharge mazes with his limited venue space. He said it would be a betrayal to the fans. Don't count on it.

I mean...of all the Trapped reviews I've read none of them were really happy with the value. Even of people who liked KSF overall. The only positive reviews I heard were from people who got to do it for free. The skeleton key rooms didn't seem popular either.

And with such gold star scenes like that, I can see why. It makes sense at KSF which has a cheap event with a ton of large venues hanging around. HHNH which is an expensive event with very limited venue space makes much less sense. Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

I would like to see an entire house dedicated to a fear of Christmas... taken literally.

Killer snowmen with rusty nails for teeth and giant rusty metal claws. Gingerbread cookies that come alive and weilding knives... intent on eating you. Nut crackers that hide gun barrels in their arms (gun crakers)... etc. Of course the big fat man himself... Satan Claus and he evil little helpers. Of coure you can't forget Krampus...

Heck seeing how I'm literally ripping ideas out of my story now (that will never be finished... it's been 20 years).

Why not just a phobias house? Each room is a different phobia. Razors, germs, reptiles, etc. But with a twist.

In my story (going light on the details of course) there is a unifed "fear machine" that the protagonist is stuck in (think Dreamscape/The Cell/The Matrix meets Quantum Leap/Sliders) and he must fight his way through each fear in order to progress. Originally it was to be a video game. But one person coding a survival horror game doesn't pan out so well. So then I moved it to a graphic novel... I have concept art, overarching storylines and various bits complete here and there... but still unfinished.

Translating to a house you just have the machine in the beginnning of the house and scareactors plugged in via some sort of virtual reality goggles or tubes... Go matrix or whatever. Then do some digital transition... heck use the tunnel. then each room represents the different phobias. You could use the digital tranisiton throughout the house (much like Blood N Gutz used the TVs) to signify the transition to a different room.

My story has an overarching antagonist that adapts himself to each fear. But that probably doesn't translate as a house... But as an icon... with each house being a fear. Now that would jive.

Feel free to use it Universal. I'd like to see something come out of my years of planning and developing. I'd even throw in some more details and concepts I've done for it.

• Like 3

I would love to see them adapt your idea into a house J. All the possibilities, there are so many directions you could go with that to make a sick house/house(s) . I would enjoy seeing a scarezone adaptation as well, just so you could spend more time enjoying it and capturing all the magnificent details!

Phenomenal ideas Jeramy. I haven't posted much lately, but I just wanted to tell you, your post on the difference of speculating on a wide open overarching theme for the event vs. just naming movies and video games was spot on. Damn I miss those days!! Happy to be back, much love to everybody!

Prom

• Like 1

Heck seeing how I'm literally ripping ideas out of my story now (that will never be finished... it's been 20 years).

Why not just a phobias house? Each room is a different phobia. Razors, germs, reptiles, etc. But with a twist.

I love this idea. There is so much they could do with it. Heck if implemented in a certain fashion they could probably change it week to week and make it even creepier.

They already did that concept. It was called Fear Factor.

Har Har

Fear Factor was quite possibly the worst house in existence. Great idea... baaaad implementation.

It should be like being trapped in a nightmare. Realistic elements but exaggerated ones as well.

I saw this Dreamscape in '85 ( was 8) and it had a big impact on me and was the genesis for my story.

Here is one of the scenes keep in mind it was 30 years ago.

Then came the Cell the matrix... etc. I've been fleshing it out on and off for over 20 years so obviously the whole story doesn't translate to a house. But it would be easy to show a machine people plug into that makes your worst fears come true. Each room full of over the top, Burtonesque, monsters and sets.

Here's your first hint. "location, location, location." Geography plays a role in this maze. The setting is well-known to horror fans. Here's your next hint. You're going to have to do some research to figure this one out. It comes in the form of the short, true story...I started at Universal as a tour guide in 1989, that year I gave the VIP tour to one of the most famous people in the world at that time..… I'll narrow it down for you. That famous person was a musician. One of his albums is a hint to the theme of the maze... Who was he?
This will be your last hint for the maze code-named "Malcolm" The title of the song sung by one of the "X-Men" God that's evil! LOL #carny-Murdy on Malcolm.

I've been saying the same thing for years. More on the insects/animals side, but not like Fear Factor. Realistic, human sized Tarantulas, Praying Mantis', Ants, Bees, etc could potentially be horrifying or ridiculously cheesy. But if done right, it'd scare the holy shit out of whoever has those phobias.

Just imagine a 8 foot, realistic Praying Mantis jumping out at you. I'd run.

Edited by foREVer56

Here's your first hint. "location, location, location." Geography plays a role in this maze. The setting is well-known to horror fans. Here's your next hint. You're going to have to do some research to figure this one out. It comes in the form of the short, true story...I started at Universal as a tour guide in 1989, that year I gave the VIP tour to one of the most famous people in the world at that time..… I'll narrow it down for you. That famous person was a musician. One of his albums is a hint to the theme of the maze... Who was he?
This will be your last hint for the maze code-named "Malcolm" The title of the song sung by one of the "X-Men" God that's evil! LOL #carny-Murdy on Malcolm.

Im guessing Malcolm Young

ACDC

Highway To Hell.

Something of that nature. Unless they do a Supernatural maze

Sounds like they nailed a property they really wanted.

@horrornightsORL Just confirmed one of the mazes two hours ago. This one.. Oh yes this one... Unbelievable.

@horrornightsORL This is one of those dream properties. The characters involved are epic! Very excited for the team.. And of course the fans!

@horrornightsORL All good things..

@horrornightsORL This is one of those "Man, wouldn't it be cool if...nah there's no way... What? We got it?" moments.

@horrornightsORL Then the elation of the "we got it" moment turns into pure terror of now having to live up to it. Same emotion we had with AWIL.

Good chance this is one shared with HW since Murdy was tweeting about landing a property that would make fans freak out.

Edited by Tobias

@HorrorNights The MIB or the IBM... Or the NBA

HHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL Mar 2

Netflix getting a horror upgrade this month

• Below
  • The Blair Witch Project
  • Blood: The Last Vampire
  • The Caller
  • Dead Before Dawn
  • The Experiment
  • Fright Night
  • Ghostbusters 2
  • House of the Dead 2
  • The Mothman Prophecies
  • Night of the Living Dead (1990)
  • Night of the Living Dead (1968)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
  • Quarantine 2
  • The Returned
  • The Silence of the Lambs
  • Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
  • Starship Troopers: Invasion
  • Summer's Moon
  • Urban Legends: Final Cut
  • Wishmaster 1-4
  • Zombies of Mass Destruction

Ghostbusters: epic franchise, MIB is inspired by it, Ghostbusters II for the netflix mention. Also the Malcom fits in with it. And the Highway to Hell reference may pointing to the never made Ghostbusters Hellbent/Go To Hell movie.

So I say a Ghostbusters Hellbent house.

• Like 1

Did they finally got the go ahead for a Stephen King house?

Really what horror franchises have they a.) not done and b.) would they be that excited about.

Ghostbusters seems... unlikely. Besides is it not a Universal picture?

Halloween... Been done before. Granted not a full house on this coast but there was a room.

Lovecraft... Public domain. Wouldn't need to work a deal. Unless of course it is just the go ahead by the higher ups.

Trick r treat... It has quite the cult following. Plausible. But would it garner such excitement?

Of course you coul dreadge up the DR. Who argument again.

all good things:

come to those who wait? So it's something they've been wantting to do for a long time?

The character's involved are epic.

So Halloween seems a lot less likely. HP probably either. Other than the fantastical creatures, each story revolves around mostly a single person but it adds weight to Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, and Trick r Treat, and Stephen King

turns into pure terror of now having to live up to it... Trick r Treat wouldn't be a player here. Dr. Who, ghostbusters, stephen King would.

Of those three I would peg it a Stephen King house. But of course it's only my spec and I'm probably not thinking of something.

You're forgetting Exorcist. That has been Hollywood's (and specifically Murdy's) white whale since 97.

That fits all the criteria and is the most likely solution.

Really, the two best possibilities are Exorcist and (I think) Ghostbusters. The Stephen King argument has been done to death, and I severely doubt the author has changed his mind on haunt rights.