Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Heyy!

I would love love love a Sleepy Hollow house! There are so many creepy and unique creatures in it! I think it could be really really awesome!

I'm all for having an icon again! And more original houses PLEEEEASSEEE!

And properly themed scare zones! Not just zombies...and not just roaming groups of actors!

• Like 1

Just the Sandman could carry a house.

Agreed. That episode was very creepy.

Also, I have heard rumor of a house that would involve us being thrust in the middle of a battle between good and evil which is using the template set up by the original The Thing house. If this proves to be true, I could see it being a Nightingale's house.

All the talk of Cardiff and Doctor Who and rumors/hints that are swirling around:

Cardiff is home to Torchwood 3 (pre-miracle day).

A Torchwood inspired house could be interesting. Weevils, the 456, the "fairies"...etc

A secret organization that battles "aliens".

Wouldn't even need the Torchwood name, tweak it a little and the aliens become Legion members and LT becomes Torchwood.

I'm thinking The Purge is a serious possibility for this year and I would be very happy with that actually. It would be an easily great scarezone and I think it could make a great house too. They just released a trailer for The Purge 2, officially The Purge: Anarchy. It's taking place in the city during the purge instead of in one house. I think that will give more material to work with. It's a Universal movie, it's popular, the first one at least made a lot of money, and it's dvd/bluray release would be right around the HHN time most likely.

I'm speculating that based on the new trailer but since I haven't posted in here yet now here's all my wishlist stuff I can think of.

-House based off new movie Nurse (3D). It's lionsgate and it's not exactly a popular movie so probably unlikely, but I think it'd be cool. Or maybe then just rip off the concept from it.

-A Psycho house. Because of the show Bates Motel, but not based on the show, there's not enough in the show yet. Have a house with Norman actually being a killer already, he's not really there in the show yet. Maybe they could have some easter egg like references to the show, but yeah I would like a new Psycho house.

- Actual unique scare zones like how they used to be.

- No more Walking Dead!!! AHS would be a cool tv show to do if they want a popular tv show, but please no more walking dead.

-An Icon of some kind. Yeah I know we don't really need it and that's true but I do really like having them and I miss having one.

-For crowd control purposes I really hope the new Harry Potter area will be open with the ride running.

- Just generally I would like more of a balance of IP's to original stuff, I like having IP houses but I don't want too much of it to be that.

- The marketing needs to be better, seriously it's been terrible the last two years.

ok that's actually all I can think of for now. Mostly repeated a lot of the discussion I've seen in here but this is my first time posting in this thread.

Edited by ScottEdmondson41

I really never have understood the "we don't need an Icon" argument. We don't NEED an event either.

If it's what people are requesting over and over and over... why not give it to them?

Since Icons were thought up we had one year, HHN 14, where the idea wasn't used and, at least I felt, it was successful... Even then we had a original marketing character and a backstory to boot.

But even the worst icons (Lady Luck and Fear IMO) were better than the TWD years that had zero back story and just some random zombie and/or graphic fronting the whole thing.

Granted there was the LT stuff and the first year I felt it really worked. Last year not so much but I had other things going with my daughter being born so I didn't get to play or go really. Now with a young child I doubt I will be doing much with LT. So an ICON and a backstory is better IMO. I don't have time to play games or go to the event multiple nights. An icon, with a theme, and a nice backstory is far more ideal for me.

• Like 1

I agree. We do need an icon. Yes we still had successful years without one but look at the past years that we did have one or multiple icons. It's the missing key ingredient that will hopefully make this year more terrifying then it was in the past. And I hope that maybe we see a:

1.A return of Catacombs or Nightingales

2. Slenderman???

3. Maybe a return of Bloody Mary???

4. Actual themed Scare Zones like in previous years

I'm not into the idea of video game houses because I don't play video games. However, my son plays them, and he keeps telling me about this game Outlast. He said he can't even play it because it scares the crap out of him. Just tossing it out there as to your thoughts on this?

• Like 1

I'm not into the idea of video game houses because I don't play video games. However, my son plays them, and he keeps telling me about this game Outlast. He said he can't even play it because it scares the crap out of him. Just tossing it out there as to your thoughts on this?

I don't think it has enough brand name recognition for them to use it as an IP house.

On a different note, what about the possibility of an icon returning. I asked Mark if it would be okay to share this and he gave his permission. Rumors of an original icon have started on a different fan forum. If you haven't heard this yet, "hatetofly" posted a rumor about a Prop Master - check the Orlando United forums as I don't want to post his ideas here. But my thoughts ...

We've been waiting for a new and original icon for years and this has potential. The Prop Master sounds very similar to The Director and I wonder if it will tie into his backstory more. Maybe someone who influenced the Director to take on his role of torturing his victims and capturing them on film. Or ... maybe the Prop Master was influenced by the original icon and he was hired to create the sets for the Director's morbid films. I like the latter scenario better. It would tie a former icon to a new idea, while at the same time bridge the gap from 2003 to 2014 with a cohesive story.

Also ... the Director is a Strengoit and would tie into our ideas of Legendary Truth's investigation into the next Legion of Horror being the Strengoits. How else to begin an investigation than to delve deeper into the backstory of one of HHN's most beloved icons!

And Hatetofly's comment about "Fate" could easily refer to the original icon Fate that was planned for HHN15, but was scrapped for the Terra Queen and eventually The Storyteller. It would most certainly refer to more than a code word at that point. Could she be making a return? (*Thanks to Chris for setting my facts straight.)

Back to IOA as part of a dual park event finally?

I just got this game the other day, when I say its scary, I mean I am DEATHLY AFRAID of this game. It is amazing though! I only have played it for a couple hours and I had to have my friend over to play it. I reminds me of Dead Exposure, since its like you only have a (video) camera through a dark place. You use night vision to see which makes everything a lot more scarier. I would love an Outlast house!

• Like 1

Since I didn't know what Rick and Morty was, I looked it up.http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/anatomy-park.html

So, could this be a connection that we'll be Investigating Other Adventures, given the park's symbol?

I understand that Victor is experiencing something nutty lately.

Unless something amazing happens, Rick and Morty has nothing to do with HHN. I brought it up because an "Adventures in Inner-Space" inspired house (where you are inside a body) would be something new for HHN.