Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

fan made...wish it was real though

Relly? Well shucky dang darn there is a lot about it. I guess people really want it to happen then.

I don't like or watch the show, nor do I keep up on much of anything horror related anymore (or theme park related for that matter)... So my faux paus.I should know by now the the internet is not a credible place.

Ryan Murphy said:

"It’s set in 1950. If you look historically what happened in the year 1950, there’s some more clues in that year. It’s a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what we’ve done before."

So... the Communist Witch Hunt and red scare? Korean War? IDK that's about all I can think of that specific year.

But... it would be silly not to do it with all the hullabaloo around the concept.

Anywhoo back to the shadows.

Probably has something to do with the Eastern Bloc which started around that time. Don't know how that fits in with American Horror Story.

I think AHS would work best as a compilation house of the first three seasons. I don't think the first two seasons (Murder House and Asylum) have enough material for their own houses. The third (Coven) does but it would be weird having it as a stand alone house without any predecessors.

Aiello's twitter

"@Michael_Aiello: Alright my UK friends I'm London bound this week. What are the top two things I gotta fit in my schedule?"

Gets me wishful thinking maybe another AWIL please :)

Edited by Ande
  • Like 1

Aiello's twitter

"@Michael_Aiello: Alright my UK friends I'm London bound this week. What are the top two things I gotta fit in my schedule?"

Gets me wishful thinking maybe another AWIL please :)

I'm thinking it's Potter related, not HHN.

Edited by John321d

My immediate thought was some pseudo-aftermath of Josef Mengel.

Or hell, it could be an alternate reality where the Third Reich made it to the US. Doesn't get more "American Horror" than that.

Yer killin' me, Smalls...

I would actually find that such an interesting House or Scare Zone!!

so Mike in England at the Dr. Who Experience in Cardiff Bay.

From one of my UK friends BBC Wales is based in Cardif as well. Working the deal?

Sounds like at some point we will be getting a Dr. Who house.

Makes sense with the tardis in AWIL.

Again my UK friend advised me that style of police box does not belong in the time period of AWIL (more like the 20's). Which could just be a nod... or a clue.

so Mike in England at the Dr. Who Experience in Cardiff Bay.

From one of my UK friends BBC Wales is based in Cardif as well. Working the deal?

Sounds like at some point we will be getting a Dr. Who house.

Makes sense with the tardis in AWIL.

Again my UK friend advised me that style of police box does not belong in the time period of AWIL (more like the 20's). Which could just be a nod... or a clue.

I don't watch Dr. Who, but having a house based on an IP that isn't primarily horror just....doesn't make sense to me. It'd be the equivalent of having a Legend of Zelda house or even a Terminator maze. Then again, USH did do year-round houses on the Mummy and Van Helsing.

We won't get a Doctor Who house. We may get a time travel house. We may get a Cyber-Men inspired robot house. We may get an alien convention house. But we won't get a Doctor Who house.

And I would just like to say, just because it's a Police Call box doesn't mean it's the TARDIS. There are Call boxes in London, and they were prominent during the AWIL time period. Unless a guy in a bow-tie and fez is popping out, it's a call box.

^ Because HateToFly just released his first HHN24 rumors. I'm not going to re-post here just because I'm not trying to step on any toes. They are over on Orlando United as the other Aaron said above. As for the possible Dr Who house, where there's smoke there's usually fire. There was a very obvious nod to Dr Who in AWIL, if the Tardis is not enough to make you a believer, then the Bad Wolf spray painted on the wall opposite of the Tardis or call box should. I'm by no means saying there will be a Dr Who house this year or any other year for that matter but I'm saying it is a possibility, too many coincidences to ignore there. Does it fit? That's for you guys to discuss, I for one feel it would.

HatetoFly just posted a huge new rumor involving an icon on OU. Really interesting, pretty much a 180 from where everyone else thought this year's event could be going. (Trying to comment to start a discussion without actually leaking the info from their members-only thread. I love both OU and HNN, dont want to stir any trouble.)

Edited by Coast

We won't get a Doctor Who house. We may get a time travel house. We may get a Cyber-Men inspired robot house. We may get an alien convention house. But we won't get a Doctor Who house.

And I would just like to say, just because it's a Police Call box doesn't mean it's the TARDIS. There are Call boxes in London, and they were prominent during the AWIL time period. Unless a guy in a bow-tie and fez is popping out, it's a call box.

I don't see why not there are some frightening concepts that seem to be very popular. (Water of mars, Weeping Angels, The silence, etc.).It seems like there are a lot of horror elements to the show. But I haven't watched the show ever so what do I know?

SteffiFlooded.jpggiphy.gif

But Mike went to Strasbourg, France in 2011... we got Gothic in 2012.

The police call box.. again I have to defer to my UK friends who were alive during the time period. I don't recall one in the movie though I could be wrong. Again could just be a nod like the angles were... or a clue like so many things before. Heck the Angels could probably carry their own house easily.

As for Potter... that doesn't really make sense. All the conceptual work is done for Potter. Heck it is near complete. Cardiff plays a very tenuous link (at best) in the Potter universe. What business does he have for Potter there?

But what is there? Cardiff Bay is home to the new BBC Wales studios and is the filming location for Doctor Who ,as well as, the Dr. Who museum. IDK what his itinerary is there, if he has other places he is going... but it is a business trip. So what business does Universal have in Cardiff? Unless he just had to make a stop there because he is such a fan... You'd think personal would be after business though.

Again it is all speculation. There are some awesome castles and haunted homes (Cardiff castle). Although I would think there are better areas.

People have been crying for some Sci-Fi... It's a popular IP with a lot of horror elements. I don't count it out of the realm of possibilities.

As for Potter... that doesn't really make sense. All the conceptual work is done for Potter. Heck it is near complete. Cardiff plays a very tenuous link (at best) in the Potter universe. What business does he have for Potter there?

Conceptual stuff is done, but not everything is approved. Mike has been working on live entertainment for Potter and the Carkitt Market area of DIagon Alley, none of which has been approved by JKR yet.

Conceptual stuff is done, but not everything is approved. Mike has been working on live entertainment for Potter and the Carkitt Market area of DIagon Alley, none of which has been approved by JKR yet.

That seems... poorly planned if that is the case. The shops have been fully advertised. It wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense to publicly announce things that aren't finalized or even approved. But hey I'm not in the industry so I cannot attest to how things are done.

Quick thought, if we are going to keep importing ideas/houses from other HHN events; can we please have The Puppet Master from HHN Singapore? How awesome would it be to have seven houses each with their own icon and the eighth house be TPM ruling over all of them?

Edit: To further that it would also allow them to connect seemingly unrelated houses by having mini-icons/puppets and the central icon.

Edited by Cooger and Dark

There are tons of horror elements in Doctor Who, sure. And those individual elements work as exactly that, individually.

The problem with a "Doctor Who" house is the franchise is still niche sci-fi. Sci-fi is typically a hard sell to the general public, and to suddenly pull out a British sci-fi show for a horror event is just bizarre. I love sci-fi personally, I just started watching Doctor Who in the last few months... and it's not even "hard" enough sci-fi for my taste. Doctor Who suffers from the echo chamber of popularity. It's popular here and amongst all my friends on Facebook, but all my friends on Facebook and everyone here has the same taste in entertainment. I can ask my office of ten people if they watch Doctor Who, and I can assure less than a quarter will even know what I'm talking about.

Now, that hasn't seemed to hurt video game houses like Silent Hill and Resident Evil but there is a massive difference between those properties and Doctor Who: the singularity of access.

Silent Hill and Resident Evil both a single, approachable idea that allows people who know nothing about them to walk through a house with relatively few "What is that thing" moments that distract them from the experience. Silent Hill is "Evil Alternate Reality." Resident Evil is "Evil Genetic Mutations." Plus, both of those franchises have multiple movies allowing broad details to enter the public consciousness whether the public realizes it or not.

Doctor Who is nowhere near that easy to approach, and without an explanation of each potential room (and the creatures therein) a Doctor Who house would be a hodge-podge of disparate ideas that the general public would have no easy way to grasp.

Think about it. What do statues, cyborgs, cat people, ghosts, werewolves, monks, giant heads, flesh curtains, the silence, clock-works, etc have anything to do with each other? While the correct answer is "The Doctor," there's so many complexities to that that most people will zone out before you can say "Time War." The complexities in the canon are what makes Doctor Who interesting, and those can't be explained easily.

And I'll say this... Daleks are only scary when you know their history. Without that, they're bumper cars with a curtain rod.

And before American Horror Story is brought up as a "series of disparate" ideas as well, it would only suffer from that if they did a "multi-season" house... which I don't think Universal would do for that franchise.

Would a Doctor Who house "work?" Likely only for people who follow Doctor Who. For everyone else, a generic zombie/vampire/storybook house would be 10x more effective and infinitely more approachable. And THAT is why a Doctor Who will likely never happen.

What they "could" theoretically do is a "Doctor Who" event with a "Dark Doctor" icon and giving the note-worthy monsters (Weeping Angels, Cybermen, Silence) their own houses. That would be immensely more likely.

flesh curtains

Tee hee... Sorry i almost looked that up in an image search at work.. theeen thought better of it. ;)

I agree with that... they make no sense to me.

Good points and I like the idea.

... and sure as a hodgepodge it would fail in cohesiveness. But I was thinking a single solid idea (like the angels that are so popular) and just doing a one off house of it. I think it would translate fine even for the non-fan. could be cannon based but reimaged like they did with the first thing house.

That seems... poorly planned if that is the case. The shops have been fully advertised. It wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense to publicly announce things that aren't finalized or even approved. But hey I'm not in the industry so I cannot attest to how things are done.

Everything announced has been cleared. There's a reason the Carkitt Market area was only mentioned to the press and not in the webcast.

• Like 1