Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I think the most popular theories right now are:

Houses:

TWD 3.0, probably in a SS. They won't use it in the same spot or people will be like "HEY THATS JUST THE SAME HOUSE IM NOT GOING", and they won't downgrade to a tent. Of course I could be wrong on that, but in my opinion, that's how it seems.

Insidious: rumors for this have died down, but it's still a very real option. After it being Hollywood's highest rated house of all time, it's definitely gonna repeat over there, and they might just bring it over here. I'd say it'd be in a SS, but it could work just as well in the Parade Building. A tent's not fully appropriate for a full scale Insidious house, and Disaster just wouldn't work.

Nightingales 2.0: I mean I think this is just as much a given as TWD. It was only this or Catacombs coming back, and this one was specifically designed to be a franchise. I'm going with a SS again with this one too. Or Parade.

Original house: Mike already confirmed at least one original house was being done on Twitter a few months ago. Probably a tent or Parade.

Scarezones:

Purge: Could be a house, but looks to be a zone. Probably in Hollywood. It'd be real cheap to do costuming for too.

Resident Evil: In NY. There's been rumors since last year of this coming back and after last year's not-so-much-of-a-success house, I don't think they'd waste the resources and space on another house. RE is better for the streets anyway.

AWIL: In London. They'd be so stupid not to do this. It'd cost almost nothing for this. Just lighting, fog and something to put the puppets in. And they wouldn't even necessarily use the puppets (though it'd feel incomplete without them).

TWD: If it's in the Parade building, zombies from CP-KZ. If in a SS, Plaza of the Stars. I feel like this is gonna happen again just because they have all the masks and this is going to be a heavy headliner again.

My speculation:

Killer Klownz From Outer Space: If a house, 3D in tent 2 plus a street in Krustyland. Or just the street. Mike wants to use this property and after the success of the 80's movie house last year, I say they'll let him.

American Horror Story Graveard Mashup: This was coming last year, then scrapped for "creative differences". I don't see why they wouldn't try to get it again, but that doesn't mean they'll accept it this time around. If they do, it'll be the last SS spot.

Urban Legend 2.0: If it's like a Chupacabra or some kind of swamp or woods style creature, in Disaster. The heat and partially outside sets would make sense. If not, tent 1 again.

B&T and RHPS will come back because B&T obviously and RHPS has a following plus the costumes and show are already made. I'd love a third show or something in the Lagoon, but we all want that and know it has a slim to none chance of happening.

That's all I've got. Last house will probably be another IP.

Edited by foREVer56

If the Hollywood codename and the one Orlando said they both share are one in the same, I've done some connecting:

Malcolm Reynolds -> Firefly
Malcolm, Son of Duncan -> Macbeth
Dr. Ian Malcolm -> Jurassic Park
Any others?

Dr. Ian Malcolm was played by Jeff Goldblum who starred in The Fly.

Malcolm was also a rather popular contestant on Survivor, which opens a ton of possibilities.

Actually... The obvious answer is:

Malcolm McDowell who was in Halloween

Edited by Legacy

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks a Ghostbusters house would be.....off. I LOVE Ghostbusters, but a house on it? I don't know.

I completely agree with you.

Ghostbusters and Stephen King novels sound like excellent house adaptations, but when you start developing it in your mind it all falls apart.

Possible scares:

-Slimer

-Zuul

-Stay Puf't

Well, Stay Puf't Marshmallow Man is too big, moves too slowly to be a jump scare.

The point is, GB doesn't have too much jump-scare potential without it becoming repetitive.

Stephen King novels are only creepy save for IT. And we already have a clown for that. The only way I can see King at HHN is a compilation house akin to Silver Screams.

Edited by Mrevio

Ghostbusters and Stephen King novels sound like excellent house adaptations, but when you start developing it in your mind it all falls apart.

Possible scares:

-Slimer

-Zuul

-Stay Puf't

Well, Stay Puf't Marshmallow Man is too big, moves too slowly to be a jump scare.

The point is, GB doesn't have too much jump-scare potential without it becoming repetitive.

Stephen King novels are only creepy save for IT. And we already have a clown for that. The only way I can see King at HHN is a compilation house akin to Silver Screams.

I cooould see a Ghostbusters house work if they did an "original take" on it like with Cabin in the Woods. It doesn't necessarily have to follow the movie, but maybe have familiar environments (Library, streets, alleys, Ghostbusters HQ), with an original story. Have "original" ghosts jump out at us and maybe the Ghostbusters can be the comic relief. It could be like H.R. Bloodengutz as the comedy house.

Now that I think about this, it could work, but everyone, including me, would still be going, "Ghostbusters house? Waaa?"

OOoooohhhh! If they did a GB house, how awesome would it be if they put it in the building behind the Library facade where the Ghostbusters 2.0 show used to be! They have the press events and what not in the building still, no?

Possible scares:

-Slimer

-Zuul

-Stay Puf't

theres the librarian and the hellhounds too. Also theyve done mazes that involve the same characters though the maze before...Im sure they could make it work. Not something i honestly want though

Ghostbusters along with trick r treat has been a house ive wanted to see at HHN not only do i love ghostbusters but its my all time favorite film, they could easily make up a new story or do one involving the containment unit being breached allowing every ghost/creature to be released. It would be awesome seeing Slimer,Zuul,Vigo The Carpathian,Gozer,The Terror Dogs and maybe even some of the ghosts/creatures from the cartoons series. Just imagine that facade being the firehouse doors with the ecto parked outside. the possibilities are endless and there could be some really cool effects.

My wishes?

I want to see less TWD. A house is fine, and maybe a scarezone with it too, but overrun the entire park with the same monster? Noo thanks, not again. I'll say it now; TWD zombies are boring. As someone who doesn't watch TWD, I don't feel nostalgia from a certain scene or setting merely because it's recreated from the show. So what I'm left with are extremely generalized zombies that don't show any sense of distinction or "woah" factor. I understand TWD focuses on the characters themselves, so it's okay for the show to have generalized zombies since they mostly serve the advance the story, but the zombies come out lackluster when they become the focus of the event.

I want to see more Scarezones. Street Experiences are nice, but what made Scarezones exciting was the fact that the horror was focused on a certain spot. When you walked into Asylum in Wonderland, you felt the lunacy as soon as you stepped in. They can have unique props for that particular spot, giving it a distinguished theme, rather than having a general theme everywhere since the groups of scareactors are constantly moving. That's not to say Street Experiences shouldn't have a role in the event. I just wish they'd have Scarezones to immerse people in those unique outdoor themes and have Street Experiences to fill some of the gaps between Scarezones.

Finally, I want an icon! I love icons, you love icons, we all love icons! We like having a face to present the event, a character to remember and make the year truly memorable. 2008 was my first HHN year and having Bloody Mary luring us from within her mirror was chilling! She remains my favorite HHN character.

I don't think a house is "fine" but what are you going to do?

So far the newest season (Not sure why I keep watching it... I like being kicked in the stones?) has pretty much been a lot of running around in the forest, scavenging and pudding eating. Actually, I would completely love the house if it was just Carl, sitting on the roof, eating 112 oz of pudding. No zombies(well ok a zombies hand reaching out the window)... Ok I take it back one more zombie (could even be at the end of that one room) were JMR reprises his role as a zombie in the house. Just have him jump out as you are exiting...

So just to sum up my dream TWD house would be:

1 scene, Pudding eating, JMR. Done.

It's bad that we'll settle for a TWD house over the horrible concept from last year. The lesser of two evils I guess.

I guess just resigning to the fact that the house will happen now will save any hope and subsequent disapointment later.

• Like 2

Just to add to the speculation that there would be a doctor who house following Mike Alieo (sp?) visiting the the Doctor who experiance in Cardiff. The person playing the Doctor in Doctor Who is most famous for his role as a certain Malcolm Tucker, There are also the weeping Angel and police box props from Winters night and AWIL.

One thing, I think would absoloutely be amazing. would be to have custom shows on the Hogwarts express train during HHN. It must be easier to do than the custom lagoon shows, Something simple like zombie hordes attacking the train or vampires or something like that, Diagon Alley could also be customised for HHN- maybe a jack the ripper themed scarezone

Edited by matt_world2004