Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I would die for a extream house! Would be such a awesome experience. Their old plans toward an extream house sounded super fun. I'd say there is a hair of possibility for this to actually happen. Here is a description of this "extreme house" most of you probably know about.

"You find yourself in a corridor of doors. You're not the only one because the other 7 guests going through their coffin/cages get dumped out into the same place. The doors on across from you are all chained/locked closed. Suddenly the lights begin to go out one by one.. your eyes follow the direction as the darkness begins taking over. At the other end of the hallway a door slams open & there is a big military-esque guy with a HUGE chainsaw. He chases you out of the corridor & into the next scene."

Bobbie Weiner (The lady who owns the entertainment rights to Bloody Mary) said this in a group I belong to.

"Mary's new home is in Cleveland Oh area. Not since Universal HHN has Mary been so happy to find a new place to call home. Stop by Bloody Mary Booth at TW 531 for more info!"

HhnBrian, Thank you for posting that.

As someone who has been concerned with the recent direction of the event, If the information contained in the video post proves to be accurate, then I must say I am very cautiously optimistic for HHN 24.

For everyone who has been around for 5 to 10+ years and seen all the various forms of troll jobs that are always associated with HHN speculation, you kind of get a sense of things, and of people regarding Horror Nights, and I must say he seems genuine. I really believe he believes this information and I for one, hope he's right.

A huge thank you to Brian & UK HHN!

• Like 1

Well The Wolfman at HHN19 did it like that. Of course that was a last second thing by the studio... but who knows.

Im trying to decide which I would like better... a GB house or a BJ house. Watch, we wont get either LOL!

The Wolfman had a myriad of production problems (in fact they finished principle photography in 2008), which caused its release date to be changed twice. Initially it was supposed to come out in February of 2009, then was delayed until November of 2009. It eventually got released in February of 2010.

Edited by StewieGriffin

As easy as it would be to believe the idea of an "All-AHS Carnival" concept, especially after the all TWD event last year, I have severe doubts.

One, they haven't started shooting AHS Carnival. They haven't announced casting aside from Jessica Lange. They likely have scripts, but there is no reference for the production or story. They may "want" to do something like that, but it still seems incongruent.

Secondly, I don't think they would use Jack AND AHS for a theme. It would likely be either/or. If Jack is being discussed, it will likely be in the event they can't agree (or don't like) what AHS does.

Thirdly, I would bet hard money that TWD is back. There's a reason three year are the norm in Hollywood, and I have no doubt Orlando had an identical agreement. Unless the blow-up of TWD from last year somehow was the equivalent of a contract buy-out, a third year of TWD is likely.

Who knows, though. It's really easy for me to remain so disconnected, because I'm not a fan of this spec structure.

• Like 1

I'm nearly positive TWD is back too. Other than something out of left field happening, I would assume the 3 year contract withstands. What's good for Hollywood is Good for Orlando.

It does make sense that if the AHS carnival isn't airing at the time of the event... then they wouldn't use the Carnival theme. I'm not a fan of the show and only watched the first season which I found very disjointed and hard to follow as a show let alone a house... so based on my limited understanding of the show, I can't see it making any sense without the pre existing context of the show already airing to explain it.

I don't see any conflict with a carnival theme to the event and a house with a carnival theme though. Would actually make some sense it the "New Era" of disjointed money making IPs. It's been a few years since they even attempted to mesh the theme with the houses... Don't get me wrong, they only sucessfully did it a handful of times in the past but the attempt was nice.

I don't care for Jack... nor do I care that much about a carnival theme. But I want an icon with an actual theme so bad I'll take any port in the storm.

• Like 1

If that's the case, then they wouldn't do a carnival theme at all. If AHS is there and HHN is a carnival, but it's not an AHS carnival, then you're not actually promoting AHS.

Because AHS is an anthology rather than a serial like TWD, any promotion has to be focused on that actual season. It's a single over-arching narrative where promoting the past ties in to the future. Promoting previous seasons of AHS doesn't do anything for THIS season of AHS other than confuse people who don't know it's an anthology.

Now, what IS brain-crappingly possible is that they do a potential AHS Carnival theme, but then have FOUR AHS HOUSES!

Yeah, no one thought of that.

AHS: Murder House

AHS: Asylum

AHS: Coven

AHS: Carnival

• Like 1

Now, what IS brain-crappingly possible is that they do a potential AHS Carnival theme, but then have FOUR AHS HOUSES!

Yeah, no one thought of that.

AHS: Murder House

AHS: Asylum

AHS: Coven

AHS: Carnival

IF that were the case... I'd probably be going to HOS. Screw that noise.

I'll put up with one AHS house but that would really be putting all their eggs into one basket.

IF that were the case... I'd probably be going to HOS. Screw that noise.

I'll put up with one AHS house but that would really be putting all their eggs into one basket.

The plus of it is that the previous three seasons are tonally very different, with strong aesthetic flourishes that would allow each to stand-out. They would actually be four definitively different houses.

Throw in a Ghostbusters in 3D house, Nightingales during the Revolutionary War (or the Crusades!), TWD, and a new, original concept house and you would actually have a fairly strong line-up.

• Like 3

Thematically yes but I don't like the show... so those who aren't fans like me would find that off putting.

But I see what you are saying. The fans would probably like it a lot as it is varied enough in theme to be different houses altogether and would work for those oblivious to the show.

I like AHS but would be LESS than thrilled if 4 out of the 8 houses were AHS... I rarely bitch about HHN but that wouldnt still well with me personally. Besides is that show even popular enough to have that kind of pull for an event the size of HHN?

I mean we are TWDed out but that show is gigantic, so I see why they are using it.

• Like 2

I'm nearly positive TWD is back too. Other than something out of left field happening, I would assume the 3 year contract withstands. What's good for Hollywood is Good for Orlando.

It does make sense that if the AHS carnival isn't airing at the time of the event... then they wouldn't use the Carnival theme. I'm not a fan of the show and only watched the first season which I found very disjointed and hard to follow as a show let alone a house... so based on my limited understanding of the show, I can't see it making any sense without the pre existing context of the show already airing to explain it.

I don't see any conflict with a carnival theme to the event and a house with a carnival theme though. Would actually make some sense it the "New Era" of disjointed money making IPs. It's been a few years since they even attempted to mesh the theme with the houses... Don't get me wrong, they only sucessfully did it a handful of times in the past but the attempt was nice.

I don't care for Jack... nor do I care that much about a carnival theme. But I want an icon with an actual theme so bad I'll take any port in the storm.

I'm with you, I don't have an aversion to Jack so much, but there are definitely others options I'd rather see pursued. Unfortunately as the focus the past two years has been the near literal antithesis of where I would love to see the event taken, If the rumors were true it's a better "port" than the last couple years without a doubt.

An attempt at a storyline would at least leave me hope that this to shall pass, and the focus of the last couple years will not just continue on an epic perpetual downward spiral as it pertains to the creativity of the event. I hold out hope that real "new blood" can be instilled in the event and that once the hook has been set and the GP are used to going to the event every year, that events can be created that will really bring us back to what first made us fall in love with Horror Nights , and give the GP their most epic HHN ever!

Edited by JDW