Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Wait which eye are you in reference to? BC the one of FB has the lights. The one on the webiste is identical to the rec one. Check my post above for the comparison.

the one on fb has the surgical light but the one on the website has a different light is a hangbar light when the pupil moves to right corner you can make out the chain in the reflection

Edit- scratch that rec eye and website are same just one red one semi normal lol

Edited by HHNChef

indeed identical. Minus the red.

It would be a surprising turn, but it doesn't mean [REC] is coming. It's entirely possible that's just an easy stock photo eye several studios have access to.

EDIT - And from here on out it's safe to always assume IP heavy years.

EDIT EDIT - And who else thinks Eyegore is coming back as the icon?

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

It would be a surprising turn, but it doesn't mean [REC] is coming. It's entirely possible that's just an easy stock photo eye several studios have access to.

THIS.

They arent going to make it that easy this early!

EDIT EDIT - And who else thinks Eyegore is coming back as the icon?

Sad that thats going to be the norm from now on ip heavy

At this point ill take any icon with a backstory over an ip theme event like the past two years with TWD

At this point ill take any icon with a backstory over an ip theme event like the past two years with TWD

I'm just happy for real scarezones... Icon or no. I still want and Icon and an interesting story that ties it all together. But just that tidbit makes it a lot better.

the funny thing... [REC] is quarentine is fast moving.. ZOMBIES! Ugh I hope it's not [REC] and just ripping off the logo.

• Like 3

In the source code of the website there is a blank .png file titled its coming. possible motto for the year?

That's not a blank image. It's actually a very light color with a transparent background. The text in it is "It's Coming. #HHN24"

I'm just happy for real scarezones... Icon or no. I still want and Icon and an interesting story that ties it all together. But just that tidbit makes it a lot better.

agreed gives hope for the future..speaking of is it wrong to be excited for next year the big 25th year sorry off topic...back on topic with them saying multiple street experiences safe to say the curse of a park wide sz is over or at least not happening this year big on the different scares around the park the whole zombie park take over was a let down

Why don't they do both, scarezones and street experiances?

I think because a clash of characters scarezones are a stationary elaborate areas with a story where as the street experiance was meant to be roaming scares park wide it failed in HHN22 imo cause it was different hordes of characters consistently moving so you might see all of them or the same one the whole night when i attend that year i saw two hordes the whole night i only go one night a year as many do so that was a let down so the next year they try to evolve it made elaborate set pieces but had moving hordes of just zombies so it was really the same thing grant it you would run into a different zombie horde in a different area but it was still just zombies and sometime mad the area feel like dead zones pun intended lol

I'm perfectly fine and happy with IP heavy with an icon too, like 2007 and 2009 were IP heavy but you still had Jack and The Usher respectively. That makes IP heavy feel a lot better to me. And if they're good houses I really don't mind a lot of IP's lol just have to be good ones.

agreed. I like IP's (of course original are probably better). But when you throw in an HHN original icon to bring them together it getls and feels like HHN.

Today HHN Orlando's webpage was updated giving a bit of information to digest while we wait for grand opening. On the website, down toward the end, is located a creepy looking .gif a animated eye. This eye, at least i believe, is in fact the same image used for the cover image of [Rec], some spinish horror movie. Now i have placed each image side by side with reference arrows to the highlight the similar features each image has. The image on the left is from [Rec], the one on the right is from HHN Orlando's website. It might already be obvious to most of ya'll because some have posted these two images but i think its more helpful with the arrows, plus i was bored so might as well. :P

Arrow 1: Same hair strand

Arrow 2: Same eyelid wrinkles

Arrow 3: Same eyelid wrinkles and you can see two distinctive eye lashes in the same position (gotta look closely)

Arrow 4: The same wrinkles (looks a little like an pecan)

Mdk1vZu.jpg?1

Add on: I found this artical while searching through google thought it was interesting that there was a [Rec] maze in Spain "Akin to Universals Halloween Horror Nights".

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/176847-spain-got-a-cool-halloween-maze-based-on-rec/

Edited by Ande

I don't think that Universal would simply rip off an image/logo from a horror movie. Legally they might even have issues doing so. This image does look very much like REC. On the other hand, Universal might have simply used it in order to help convey an idea/theme for this year. Just because they might have used an image from REC does not mean that REC will be used directly in the event (in the form of a house or street experience). At the same time, we can't rule anything out. We will just have to see what the future holds.

If this means that we could see some sort of content from REC in the event, I do find it odd that Universal would post something like this so soon. This makes me think that they simply used this image to help portray a common theme or idea that is not specific to REC.

I don't think that Universal would simply rip off an image/logo from a horror movie. Legally they might even have issues doing so. This image does look very much like REC. On the other hand, Universal might have simply used it in order to help convey an idea/theme for this year. Just because they might have used an image from REC does not mean that REC will be used directly in the event (in the form of a house or street experience). At the same time, we can't rule anything out. We will just have to see what the future holds. If this means that we could see some sort of content from REC in the event, I do find it odd that Universal would post something like this so soon. This makes me think that they simply used this image to help portray a common theme or idea that is not specific to REC.

They would have no issues if it's a purchased stock image. Which it likely is.

I can purchase that image and use it to advertise my opthamologist. That's how stock images work.

And Catacombs used music from The Machinist. And Grown Evil used music from Silent Hill.
  • Like 1

The image is stock a stock image, i have no doubt about it, but it still gets me thinking. If this actually is an image that Rec.2 used for film advertisement, and then HHN is using this same image for advertisement than there would be two options: One- HHN has some form of ownership this movie franchise, or Two- Its just a simple stock image. One last point i'd like to make is that Rec is all Spanish and somewhere in my mind I heard they were appealing to the more Hispanic side of Florida e.g La Llorana.

But who knows? Could be a hint toward a #hotdog themed event.