Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

My Two houses that I hope for HHN 24 are a house based off the movie "Alien" as that would be a great use for more puppets like AWiL and great costumes. My other house I wish for would be a house based off the music of Metallica. Specifically the stuff from '83 to '91 as I feel those were their prime years as a band. Not saying they aren't any good now, but I'm just saying that there old albums were the best. I have so many ideas for a Metallica based house going through my head right now. A scene for ...And Justice For All, where we are in a courtroom and the rows are lined with either dummies or actors. There could be a judge and as soon as he throws his gavel down, we see outside, that a statue of Lady Justice is being tore down by a bunch of ropes. That would bring in a good use for video screens like what they did in Black Sabbath 3-D at USH.

My official predictions?

A return of actual zones, though not as potentially elaborate as the past.

Urban Legends: Boogeyman (OR El Chupacabra, but I think that may be unlikely)

Nightingales Sequel

American Horror Story OR The Walking Dead

Resident Evil (Likely movie-based)

The Purge

Maybe another Classic Monsters "Reimagining" to take advantage of Dracula and I, Frankenstein

An eighth house, likely original... Potentially Horror Unearthed.

(Wha...)

• Like 4

My wishful thinking:

• The Walking Dead does NOT return

• Superstar Parade gets put on hiatus for the haunt season, so elaborate scare-zones can return

• To not have a house based on a video game (May be cool, but not really "scary.")

• To not have any shared maze properties from HHNH

• An all original house line-up (Maybe, throw in a IP or two)

• To have more intense in-your-face scares

• To have the return of Midnight Syndicate / Nox Arcana music at the event

• To have an all new ICON

• An over-arching theme for the event

My official predictions?

A return of actual zones, though not as potentially elaborate as the past.

Urban Legends: Boogeyman (OR El Chupacabra, but I think that may be unlikely)

Nightingales Sequel

American Horror Story

these 3 houses have a high chance of happening, and actual zones to coming back, because i don't think they'll do a third year in a row of no on the map separate themed zones when a lot of people didn't like what they did in the streets the past 2 years.

-I expect 8 houses and at least 6 separately themed zones.

-Of those houses, i'm betting to see at least 3 IPs.

-NO Walking Dead (even the GP won't go for the same property 3 years in a row)

-Possibly AHS and hopefully in a SS, since they made the deal last year and then it was scrapped. Plus New Orleans and witches>>> another Asylum or a "best of" house of Seasons one and two.

-Insidious in a SS since it was so highly regarded in Hollywood (their highest rater house ever, in fact).

-I don't see us adapting anything else from Hollywood. If we do another Urban Legend (which A&D are wanting to do and make that a franchise), i expect one they haven't done yet, like maybe El Chupacabra since that may have been the house in SS44 (correct me if i'm wrong because i think people were saying it was either that or Mayan themed). I pray UMR stays over there, we had ED and TWD, and i don't think they'll bring over Sabbath.

-I read they're now looking into other 80s/90s era movies or movies based off ideas from that time period, so maybe Mike will finally get to use Killer Klownz From Outer Space because he's said he's wanted to use it for a while.

-Possible properties could include Trick R Treat and Sinister. Idk any other sequels or remakes coming out next year but they all have a possibility.

-For the originals, they designed Nightingales specifically to be a franchise, and this will be the 3rd event since they made it so i think it has a good chance of coming back. Urban Legends are technically original so another Legend may be used. Hopefully one or two completely fresh ideas that don't suck (Afterlife) are used, and one of those are in a SS.

-A fourth 3D house in a row is possible.

-Another video game house is possible.

-As for shows, B&T obviously, maybe RHPS since it's pretty popular, and hopefully they FINALLY have a third sit down show in AA. Make it a magic show for all i care. Just SOMETHING.

-If they have Diagon Alley and Gringotts open, i expect the lines to be even better than this year (when compared to last year). 8 houses, 3 shows, and Gringotts and Rockit open (plus the usual other rides) would make lines pretty bearable even on the worst of nights.

-An icon is possible, because it's been a few years and a lot of people like them. Overarching theme is questionable, but an icon is likely i think.

-TNA is in SS19 so that doesn't really affect house placement back there. I expect 4 in the SSs, 2 tents, parade and Disaster like always. HP won't be used as a house location probably ever because they need all the queue space.

-Now as for using HP for a house, i don't see it happening. WB won't let it fly. They thought Forbidden Journey was too scary and wanted Gringotts even more kid friendly, so i doubt they'd let Uni build a haunted house, whether the event's intended for kids or not.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 2

I would like a new icon or perhaps the Usher returning. Insidious or Cucuy will probably be done.

It'd also be nice for a 9th house, how long have they had 8 houses? 2006-2011, 2013? I hear crowds are pretty bad so maybe a 3rd show and 9th maze could allieviate the crowds. Change all the non peak nights to 1 AM closing, people are paying 80$ or more they deserve more time at the park.

What I want for 24:

An icon with a house for him/her

5 IPs, 4 originals

6 scarezones

Diagon Alley Open

3 shows - B&T, RHPS, and Lagoon show

4 SS houses

Edited by UniversalStudiosGeek

Diagon Alley will most likely be the primary method of "alleviating" the crowds. No chance they won't have the area open for the event if it's open during the day.

I've heard several people say that the new Potter side will be closed off for HHN, with different reasons as to why.

I thought it would be open of course, and I really want it to be open. I'm just saying what I keep reading, people keep saying it cannot be open during HHN or that Uni won't let it...

I hope people are just wronng about this... Or just pure speculation, but every time that subject comes up, I always see so many people say it won't happen for X or Y reason....

Edited by LV-426

Here's what I think:

-Return of the elaborate Scare Zones

-We may have an icon

Houses:

-The walking dead (I think we will see it each year until it ends. Its a big $$ maker for HHN)

-Sinister (seems like another one is in the making so it would be an awesome house.)

-Urban Legends: El cucuy (because urban legends may be a yearly thing.)

-An American Werewolf In London (/Paris it was a mega hit this year)

-Legendary Truth (I think LT will be much bigger next year)

-Insidious (was Hollywoods biggest house so it seems possible)

-Monsters Remix (I loved the Hollywood house so I would love to have it here)

-Alice Cooper (in both parks, it was big here and John Murddy in Hollywood wants to do a final 3rd)

-The Inbetween (our yearly 3D house)

-

My Two houses that I hope for HHN 24 are a house based off the movie "Alien" as that would be a great use for more puppets like AWiL and great costumes. My other house I wish for would be a house based off the music of Metallica. Specifically the stuff from '83 to '91 as I feel those were their prime years as a band. Not saying they aren't any good now, but I'm just saying that there old albums were the best. I have so many ideas for a Metallica based house going through my head right now. A scene for ...And Justice For All, where we are in a courtroom and the rows are lined with either dummies or actors. There could be a judge and as soon as he throws his gavel down, we see outside, that a statue of Lady Justice is being tore down by a bunch of ropes. That would bring in a good use for video screens like what they did in Black Sabbath 3-D at USH.

about the Alien house, I think the rights to that are owned by Disney since they were supposed to make a ride and they never did. (plus alien appears in the movie ride)

So I don't think they could do alien, but who knows...

- If the Walking Dead does come back, it's condensed to just a maze, not invading the scare zones.

- Or if it doesn't come back, it's TV maze status is taken by American Horror Story.

- A icon, new or old, as my first year was this year and I've never fully experienced an icon.

- Try to equal it up between the original and IP mazes (4 and 4 would be nice.)

- A 9th maze would be nice, as said by USG.

- As with the icon, I've never experienced an overarching theme, so that would be fun to experience.

- No 3D house (I know people here liked the In-Between and I heard P&T was okay.) but I didn't like Afterlife, so 3D should take a break for a year or two, in my own opinion.

-If anything is adapted from Hollywood, I would personally prefer Insidious over Cucuy, no offense. (Technically, we could use both...nah.)

-At least 5 different themed scare zones.

I want

American Horror Story

Insidious

Icon

Icon house

Original SCAREZONES

No more TWD

about the Alien house, I think the rights to that are owned by Disney since they were supposed to make a ride and they never did. (plus alien appears in the movie ride)

So I don't think they could do alien, but who knows...

They will never do Alien. It's owned by MGM, which is a partner with Disney.

Predator, on the other hand...

• Like 1

I've heard several people say that the new Potter side will be closed off for HHN, with different reasons as to why.

I thought it would be open of course, and I really want it to be open. I'm just saying what I keep reading, people keep saying it cannot be open during HHN or that Uni won't let it...

I hope people are just wronng about this... Or just pure speculation, but every time that subject comes up, I always see so many people say it won't happen for X or Y reason....

It CAN be closed off during HHN. There's no certainty yet that it will be. It's designed in a way that that specific area can be rented out for corporate events and not affect the operation of the event itself. I foresee some nights when it won't be available, but I could easily see management choosing to open it on peak nights.

Likely:

Insidious (a super hot franchise that had a popular house out west)

Walking Dead (too big of an IP to let slip to another park)

Possible:

American Horror Story (another big IP that they could do in their sleep)

PsychoPath/Bates Motel (they own Psycho the rights, might as well exploit it while the A&E show is popular)

Hannibal (very popular IP though the NBC show is constantly on the bubble)

Urban Legends: Boogeyman (likely), Chupacabra (likely and hopeful after the amazing AWIL puppets) and El Cucuy (not so likely).

Long shots:

Let the Right One In (another cult horror film like Cabin In the Woods...it might happen)

Scream/Halloween (Popular slasher franchises though their last movies bombed and it would be easier to go with Psycho/Bates)

It CAN be closed off during HHN. There's no certainty yet that it will be. It's designed in a way that that specific area can be rented out for corporate events and not affect the operation of the event itself. I foresee some nights when it won't be available, but I could easily see management choosing to open it on peak nights.

I can't imagine that anything at HHN could feature as much lewd behavior or debauchery than what happens at the corporate events/retreats ;)

Edited by Aaronupsidasium

I want

American Horror Story

Insidious

Icon

Icon house

Original SCAREZONES

No more TWD

They will never do Alien. It's owned by MGM, which is a partner with Disney.

Predator, on the other hand...

I've been begging for a predator house... a Predator house with a queue line video and in a soundstage.... That would be a dream come true.

But I've never had any faith in that ever happening

Long shots:

Let the Right One In (another cult horror film like Cabin In the Woods...it might happen)

Scream/Halloween (Popular slasher franchises though their last movies bombed and it would be easier to go with Psycho/Bates)

You call them long shots, but Let the Right One In won't happen, despite how good the movie is. The vampires aren't seen in a broad enough variety of settings, and outside of the girl, there aren't enough vampires. Casting short adults to play kids wearing masks is one thing; casting short adults to be ten-year-old girls without masks is a completely different challenge.

Although the cat scene would be humorous.

Things I could see happening:

1. Nightingale's sequel (medeival or disaster based)

2. American Horror Story (although I have no idea which season)

3. Another 3D house (our tour guide said Afterlife was the "obligatory 3D house" of this year)

4. Gringott's ride and Diagon Alley stores being open

5. Urban Legends house of some sort

6. More chainsaws in scarezones

Things I would like to see happen:

1. Creepshow or Gremlins maze

2. Max of 4 IP's (although less than that is fine)

3. Reorganize the line structure around the soundstages (CITW had nightmare worthy lines)

4. More creature variety in scarezones

5. Icon

all i ask for is to get rid of the Groundhog day queue exit at the SS area... there is going to be a huge bottle neck no matter how it is set up so let the houses exit in the middle (between the music plaza and twister)

Wishful Thinking:

No more WD

let A&D use their passion projects (AWIL was one and was hands down the HOTY for most folks)

Pick a theme and STICK TO IT...

Add a third show (not including the lagoon) the lagoon should just be there. Run the lights, fog, and music... Add some video, but do not call it a show. .. That being said..

if you are going to do a lagoon show... (they require a butt ton of work) pick a member of A&D and let them make it their baby. CineSpec was Mike's and it is awesome.

USE YOUR ENTIRE PARK SPACE... HIRE MORE SCAREACTORS... The Streets need to BUZZ

LT... awesome that LT is growing and taking off... CRO/CFO needs work. People can be both... different tasks besides scanning at a certain time.

Lastly- EXTEND all nights to at least 1AM/ cut express by at least 25% in numbers sold

that being said: i expect 4-5 IP houses 1-2 sequals/new focus (Urban legends will continue) 1-2 original

WD will come back one more time as a house/zone

RE will get another shot.

Orlando and HW will share two houses.

If they decide to do American Horror Story, it would be awesome if they did a "best of" from all 3 seasons. Starting in Murder House and ending in New Orleans.

While i'm sure that'd be great, i really hope that if they do it, they make it strictly season 3. There's more than enough content to make that it's own house.

And why are people saying that RE might get another shot? It was probably the lowest rated IP this year and it's not that big a draw to warrant a return (like TWD) so why would it come back?

I don't expect TWD to get a third shot.

I expect another Urban Legends house, another 3D house and another sequel to a house from 2010/2011.

Of the houses from those 2 years, i think the houses with the highest possibility of coming back are Nightingales (the house designed to be a franchise), Catacombs (because it actually deserves a sequel, unlike HAVOC), possibly another mythology house, possibly another LT house.

I hope we get a 4th completely original house and limit the IPs to 3-4.

My wishful thinking for the event is pretty simple.

- Immersive/themed scare zones. (Probably gonna' happen)

- Whatever IP they may get, I hope it's all something that A&D wants to do. This year showed the positive of that in spades, and 2012 showed how bland things get when they're forced to do several houses on the fly due to a last minute change.

- If they do bring back a original property, I hope it's either Nightingale's or Catacombs.

- As for TWD, I'm in the bunch that feels they're going to milk this as long as possible, so I'm expecting it'll return in some form.

Finally, the biggest one for me. I wish for better marketing, since all the announcements and such with PS was a very annoying waste of time. It truly didn't add anything, and to be quite honest the straight-up bare bones announcements on twitter and facebook were far more productive and informative.