Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Here's the thing people need to remember. An eye isn't uncommon to represent HHN this early. Everyone knows the eye peering through crack they used for years? That was just an eye. These are just eyes. It's likely in a few months it will be completely different and their won't be damn eye on the main page.

Please, everyone needs to calm down on this.

I'm sure A & D are getting a serious kick out of the "eye" posts. They probably go on here during their breaks to get some good entertainment.

Since I haven't been on here in a while, I'll comment on a couple of things:

1) AHS makes a lot of sense as an IP for this year's event. Which season? Season 4 is most possible because, as others have pointed out, it would help advertise for the new season. Show writers and Universal could easily work together to promote Freak Show both on FX and at HHN. The idea of the show, which focuses on the last freak show in the country, can be easily adapted into a house without giving anything away from scripts that may or not already be written. Think Cirque du Freak from 2009, but better. Also, having it set in Jupiter, FL is an interesting choice. Season 3? This may appear as well, especially due to the suggested Strengoit connection at this year's event. All four seasons? Possibly. Since AHS is an anthology, all four can be represented, yet the houses or street experiences would be very different. I'm game.

2) I'm glad to hear that HHN may return to it's roots next year for the 25th anniversary. It would be perfect to have Bloody Mary return, as her storyline is by far the most extensive and appreciated by fans. And, since her story was never finalized, it would be easy for LT to conclude the investigation. Since Boris Shuster's office has been vacated, one can only expect that someone else will fill his shoes. Paige? Or is that too risky since Himmell and Fell might still be looking for her? Goth? She has always had an interest in investigative work and has been sought out by LT Senior Staff. But, is she a private EYE? That's the question. HHN25 will hopefully be a time for great story development.

3) Speaking of "eye," the "i" and the eye on the website and the FB page more than likely were carefully chosen. Do I think some people are looking into things too far? Yes. But, the fact that there is a reflection of fear in his eye indicates that "it's coming." It could represent a surgical room (as indicated by the light), a different kind of torture chamber (as indicated by the chains and the background), or the horror within a secluded room of a castle. Just some ideas we might be able to count on.

I just got an idea and it's a long shot, but someone can probably do it.

Someone should take the "cover for maze 1" image and try to unblurr and untwist the title or whatever that blur is. Photoshop is probably your best bet.

Unfortunately, I can't tell if this is possible. I used to have photoshop but my copy isn't working right at the moment.

This is a long shot, but if it is possible, I doubt they expected it to be.

...Or maybe they did.

Ok, used some photoshop magic and the blurred text came out like this...

7mSRLfA.jpg

• Like 1

3) Speaking of "eye," the "i" and the eye on the website and the FB page more than likely were carefully chosen. Do I think some people are looking into things too far? Yes. But, the fact that there is a reflection of fear in his eye indicates that "it's coming." It could represent a surgical room (as indicated by the light), a different kind of torture chamber (as indicated by the chains and the background), or the horror within a secluded room of a castle. Just some ideas we might be able to count on.

"Reflection(s) of fear in his eyes."

In all seriousness though, we really need to NOT discuss the eye.

What about "blood" as a drink and "Malcom?"

Surely there's stuff we can all theorize about that, right?

Damn, reference went right over my head.

I wouldn't mind that. Dogs of war last year was good and I ended up skipping blood prey for something else, I think. I would like to experience that.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

Fine... if we can all agree the eye means TWD is returning, then you can talk eyes all you want.

LOL

There ya go. I understand though. You want something to chew on and figure out. I hope we get more than whipped topping this year... Need some meat and potatoes.

I'm in the same boat. I cashed all my chips last year. So I'm completely out of the loop on any insider info now.

BUT tomorrow is April 1st. Will the Doc give us something to play around with?

What about that IFRIT character? Seemed to be on point. Will we see it again?

Well IF it comes back I saw a few scenes from Terminus that would be good for rooms...

terminus-cannibals.png

For the record I DO NOT want TWD back again and was being extremely sarcastic about the eye thing above... I love the show but ready to free up some creativity at HHN in it absence.

• Like 1

I am 92% sure we will be seeing TWD again based on the popularity of it last year.

and the first thing I thought of when I saw the eye was TWD... meh.. I love TWD.. I just hate having another year of it.. ..although I can deal with a house as long as it isn't vomited all over the park.

I just REALLY want them to bring back REAL scarezones this year....

Edited by Cinderelly115
  • Like 2

BTW Im still pissed they didnt have an AWIL t-shirt last year.

This^. An AWIL shirt was all my wife wanted. I am disappointed that even the yearly shot glass and house shirt had to incorporate TWD. My friend collects shot glasses but hated TWD shot glass and spent way too long looking for a non-TWD shotglass that was still HHN based. Sadly, she never found what she wanted.

• Like 2

I am 92% sure we will be seeing TWD again based on the popularity of it last year.

and the first thing I thought of when I saw the eye was TWD... meh.. I love TWD.. I just hate having another year of it.. ..although I can deal with a house as long as it isn't vomited all over the park.

I just REALLY want them to bring back REAL scarezones this year....

Who are we kidding? Walking Dead is coming back this year; no way around that. Look at it this way: At least this will be the last year we'll have to tolerate the Walking Dead....unless the amount of viewers skyrockets.

And yeah, real scarezones would be great.

I REALLY wanted to buy an AWiL shirt! If Hollywood every gets it, they better sell it.

Who are we kidding? Walking Dead is coming back this year; no way around that. Look at it this way: At least this will be the last year we'll have to tolerate the Walking Dead....unless the amount of viewers skyrockets.

No.

NO.

NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONOAJFISHJFOIES

Seriously, please don't do this to me, hhn. I mean, if that does happen, why don't we say screw it and make like the midway of the bizarre where it comes back annualy and goes through the whole park, huh?

If it does happen, I really don't want it to happen again after this year. Last year's event made me question my enjoyment of the show because of all the hype.

I mean, I enjoyed last year and it wasn't executed badly, but dear god. Let's let dead... Things lie, shall we?

• Like 2

And yeah, real scarezones would be great.

Well if we do have it this year and it stays as big as it does.. (drawing huge crowds) we will most likely see it in some form next year too. *sadly* I just don't know how many different versions of something you can do before it becomes stale..

After how awesome the house was this past year and how impressive the street sets were (sure they were only a few, but they were still cool when you saw them) I welcome Walking Dead back with open arms. Bring me another house, I'm all for it. As for hordes go, disappointed to hear they might return, but as long as they arent as bad as the first go around, I'll be ok with it.

After how awesome the house was this past year and how impressive the street sets were (sure they were only a few, but they were still cool when you saw them) I welcome Walking Dead back with open arms. Bring me another house, I'm all for it. As for hordes go, disappointed to hear they might return, but as long as they arent as bad as the first go around, I'll be ok with it.

I wish I had your faith in the "hordes" system. I really do.

Every year they have tried it, they have delivered one scare each time to me, and the most memorable thing about them was the amputee in the wheelchair that taunted one of the chainsaw guys.

One year they did it and I saw no one with chainsaws and most of the actors just walked past me. They simply don't have enough people to do it.

According to my inside sources, this is what we can expect to see.

Freak was right about one thing, AHS is coming. Expect it to reveal secrets of the future and the past.

DOOM (The video game) will be represented as a house this year. This is in preparation for the rumored to be greenlit DOOM movie reboot. This will probably release in 2015.

This year will SORT OF have a theme. Universal has apparently stated that it is no longer interested in doing more character based concepts as they think that the general audiences would miss out on these and thus miss out on the scares. Some guests have also said they feel less afraid of something if they understand it, so this is most likely a combination of a few things. No word on whether this decision is permanent or not. This year will be very similar to the last two, however, TWD will not be the theme. Instead, expect to see the park transformed into "the further" and get ready to see your darkest desires come true. This obviously includes a house.

Leaked screenshots have surfaced of the NSO Columbus making a return, although apparently under a different name. Guests will be boarding the Sulaco from the aliens series and for the first time they will be able to take aim at the creatures. Guests will be armed with airsoft replicas of the m41a pulse rifles and will go on a bug hunt. Sounds like it could either be based on disney's scrapped "Nostromo" project or "terror-werks." This house is suspected to be pulsed and extremely intense, but I haven't heard it referred to as an "extreme house" as of yet. This is also expected to coincide with a new dlc package or a new game. Either dlc for "ALIENS colonial marines" or a new game in the franchise. This house is also confirmed to have an RFID scanning system that will link to your account for said game and reward you with bonus XP in multiplayer for each visit. Or it could be one visit per user, unknown as of now.

Maze 1 has been rumored to be a more "meta" project. Guests will think they will be brought on a free tour through a house specifically designed to be lit up house that reveals the "behind the scenes" work of hhn. However, this is false. VERY FALSE. The walls will come down around you as your tour guide gets brutally torn apart and horrors you'll wish you've never seen mingle with more well known threats as not even telling yourself "it's only a haunt" will save you.

The director is somewhat likely coming back. My source says they have seen a piece of concept art for the house. The scene was described as this: "There are two panels, done like a comic book, in a way. One panel has the words "love" written in blood on a wall and the other is a room that's only lit by three projectors. This room is projecting slides, whilst a person sits on a chair in front of it, images being projected on his face. Two other projectors are on either side of him as film reels are being fed through each others slots, tightening their grip around the man and strangling him with said film reel."

Urban legends: Mary is confirmed. Partially, anyways. Mary could be something else but with how difficult it was to get the rights for "bloody Mary" last time, I think Universal decided to say fuck it.

Unfortunately, this is all I have that I can really post here. I haven't heard anything about the other houses or the streets, but I'm sure information will get out whenever... Well... Information gets leaked again, I guess. Freak could be right about the other things, but I think he's just feeding you a line...

It is the day it is, after all.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 1

There was a leak on the website. They changed it VERY quickly, but it mentioned that American Horror Story, Insidious, Dead Space, and Trick r Treat are coming this year. Happened to see it at the right time. ;)

You got me :)

and there will be a giant tent over the entire event blah blah...

You know I'm surprised, being the trollers they are, HHN doesn't partcicipate in the day and just slap JACK is back on the FB page or something along those lines.

• Like 2