Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

You're forgetting Exorcist. That has been Hollywood's (and specifically Murdy's) white whale since 97.

That fits all the criteria and is the most likely solution.

Really, the two best possibilities are Exorcist and (I think) Ghostbusters. The Stephen King argument has been done to death, and I severely doubt the author has changed his mind on haunt rights.

Good point. I forgot Exorcist.. and well Dead End was rumored to have originally been the Exorcist before it was changed for whatever reason.

However they HAVE done it in the past... '97 I believe. Had a room.

Are the characters "epic" in it?

Hellraiser would be EPIC with a lot of interesting characters and there is a new movie coming out soon. Both Origins and the reboot of the original. they did have the Hellraiser 'esque room in one of the ANDI. But I'm pretty sure they didn't have the rights to it.

Sony Pictures owns Ghostbusters and as much as I love the franchise I really can't see them doing a Haunt based on the movie.

They have dealt with Universal before, and there has been ghostbusters attractions before and Sony Pictures HHN attractions. Including the Evil Dead last year.

Edited by matt_world2004

They have dealt with Universal before, and there has been ghostbusters attractions before and Sony Pictures HHN attractions. Including the Evil Dead last year.

I know very well the history of Columbia Pictures and Universal with Ghostbusters.

I just cant see them doing it.. As much as I want to see a GIANT Stay Puft head at the end of the maze I just dont think it will work.

The more I think about it Hellraiser is a viable option I think. I mean it has great characters. It could be consider and EPIC horror film. It would be a daunting task to do properly... Who knows. Anyway I'd love to see it done well.

The more I think about it Hellraiser is a viable option I think. I mean it has great characters. It could be consider and EPIC horror film. It would be a daunting task to do properly... Who knows. Anyway I'd love to see it done well.

That would be interesting, but hard to pull off. If I remember correctly, in one of the countless sequels or movies they went inside the puzzle box. The house could focus on on the world inside the box.

Good point. I forgot Exorcist.. and well Dead End was rumored to have originally been the Exorcist before it was changed for whatever reason.

However they HAVE done it in the past... '97 I believe. Had a room.

Are the characters "epic" in it?

Hellraiser would be EPIC with a lot of interesting characters and there is a new movie coming out soon. Both Origins and the reboot of the original. they did have the Hellraiser 'esque room in one of the ANDI. But I'm pretty sure they didn't have the rights to it.

Well, you can't use Orlando's history in deciphering Hollywood's code. That's not how Murdy works. Just because we've had rooms doesn't mean anything.

I mean, it's also been implied (by Orlando) that Malcolm is NOT a bi-coastal house. I still think it is, but it's entirely possible it WON'T be. And then where are we?

Well, you can't use Orlando's history in deciphering Hollywood's code. That's not how Murdy works. Just because we've had rooms doesn't mean anything.

I mean, it's also been implied (by Orlando) that Malcolm is NOT a bi-coastal house. I still think it is, but it's entirely possible it WON'T be. And then where are we?

No I agree but I was referring to HHNORL's recent tweets about the deal they just landed... whatever that it.

Is it the Malcom house? could be could be it's not.

I also told you that part of the name of this maze can be found in this actor's credits... But there's something I didn't tell you about HIM

… I once met this actor… in a mosh pit, literally. The year was 1985. It was at a show for my favorite Irish band of all time...

…This band was famous for combining traditional Irish music with punk rock...Now here's the hint…

The actor you're looking for was with a famous friend of his that night… They are both alumni's of the same high school.. Who could it be?

If it helps anybody's research, the band was The Pogues.

And the actor wasn't Michael J Fox.

wasnt this confirmed weeks ago? Or did I dream it, and it came true. I thought I already saw a poster for it...

I like the franchise, so house based on it would be cool!

the alleged posters were supposed to be an ellaborate hoax... However, in hindsight perhaps not.

Now what I could honestly see happening in my own opinion is : 1.) Halloween coming to Orlando (maybe with a mix of the original and the rob zombie films or just rob zombie) having the asylum scenes, the titty bar, the hospital, the house and ending with the cabin?

2.) Catacombs sequel or a Nightingales sequel (WW2? or Vietnam??)

3.) No more take overs of TWD!! It was good as a house but not as an entire park wide idea. Because it did not fit in with the theme what evil has taken root at all (or at least to me it didn't)

4.) Urban Legends will be coming back with either the Chupacabra, Slender man, or Bloody Mary?

5.) DEAD SPACE?! would be amazing mixing the 2nd game with the 3rd.

Now what I could honestly see happening in my own opinion is : 1.) Halloween coming to Orlando (maybe with a mix of the original and the rob zombie films or just rob zombie) having the asylum scenes, the titty bar, the hospital, the house and ending with the cabin?

2.) Catacombs sequel or a Nightingales sequel (WW2? or Vietnam??)

3.) No more take overs of TWD!! It was good as a house but not as an entire park wide idea. Because it did not fit in with the theme what evil has taken root at all (or at least to me it didn't)

4.) Urban Legends will be coming back with either the Chupacabra, Slender man, or Bloody Mary?

5.) DEAD SPACE?! would be amazing mixing the 2nd game with the 3rd.

Halloween is definitely a viable possibility.

Nightingales sequel is exceedingly likely.

TWD will return in some capacity.

Bogeyman is more likely than the Chupacabra. Slender Man is highly unlikely (trademark issues). Bloody Mary will likely be next year (HHN25).

If there is a new video game property used, Dead Space is as good a choice as any. It's not as popular as Silent Hill or Resident Evil, though.

• Like 2

Bogeyman is more likely than the Chupacabra. Slender Man is highly unlikely (trademark issues). Bloody Mary will likely be next year (HHN25).

If there is a new video game property used, Dead Space is as good a choice as any. It's not as popular as Silent Hill or Resident Evil, though.

If it is the Boogeyman I hope they could make it better then what Hollywood had for El Cucuy. But that is also true too with Dead Space not being as popular as Silent Hill or Resident Evil. The only problem in my opinion is that I feel once Universal already did Welcome to Silent Hill (2012), Which I did like and Resident Evil: Escape From Raccoon City (2013) that the only way you could redo a Resident Evil house again is if you base it off of Resident Evil 4 or 5. But I wonder what other original properties they are working on... Hmmmmmm get's my ideas bubbling

In terms of video game houses, I think if they did do Resident Evil again, we can go to the mansion, and down in to the secret lab and everything, that'd be one way for it. But me personally, as much as I would like to see a Dead Space house, I would kill to see a Bioshock house based off the first two games.

So if Bloody Mary is likely for next year in Orlando, would it be likely this year for hollywood?

So if Bloody Mary is likely for next year in Orlando, would it be likely this year for hollywood?

Don't think so, for a few reasons.

Hollywood doesn't have a "Urban Legends" franchise set-up like we do. La Llorona and El Cucuy were designed because of their heavy Hispanic population. Bloody Mary (who is very similar to La Llorona aesthetically), doesn't have that sort of tie to the region and would likely be too familiar for a park that had La Llorona for three years. I could see Chupacabra happening in Hollywood this year, though. Or, Hollywood may not do anything like that this year. Depending on what IPs they can swing, they may not feel a need to.

The thought process for Orlando is very different. Next year is its 25th anniversary, which is a big deal. It's because of THAT (and that alone) I'm almost certain "Urban Legends: Bloody Mary" will be a house next year. It's a historical throw-back AND a current franchise. It's a creative win-win.

My hunch is that they will do another Urban Legends this year so that Bloody Mary can be a trilogy closer, but that isn't entirely necessary. They seem to be fine waiting between sequels (which isn't a bad thing), so Urban Legends might not happen. If they do decide to do one this year (and take their cue from Hollywood), I don't think it will really be advertised as El Cucuy. It will be the Bogeyman (because that's the more accessible version since there isn't a true narrative). Or, they may be really smart and do Urban Legends: Jersey Devil.

• Like 2

I also told you that part of the name of this maze can be found in this actor's credits... But there's something I didn't tell you about HIM

… I once met this actor… in a mosh pit, literally. The year was 1985. It was at a show for my favorite Irish band of all time...

…This band was famous for combining traditional Irish music with punk rock...Now here's the hint…

The actor you're looking for was with a famous friend of his that night… They are both alumni's of the same high school.. Who could it be?

If it helps anybody's research, the band was The Pogues.

And the actor wasn't Michael J Fox.

The first school I could think of would be Beverly Hills High School, some interesting names in that alumni...

BHHS has a number of famous alumni, many of whom are entertainers, the children of entertainers or other prominent people. In addition, many famous people have taught at the school; soap opera actor John Ingle taught the drama and acting program at the school from 1964 to 1985. While Beverly Hills High School alumni are known predominantly for their connections with the entertainment industry, BHHS has also produced well-known scholars in many scientific disciplines.

References[edit]

Epic, Iconic as AWIL, with great characters... Beetlejuice? That could be a very cool dark comedy house.

OrlandoInformer posted a few months ago there were rumblings of a Beetlejuice house that I shrugged off but could it be possible? It definitely could be very cool. Stick it in Disaster! and run a more adult themed BJ at night.