Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

It seems more like a mixture of the two to me, to be honest. I have a feeling there will be many monsters from the games in there that aren't in the film.

With Wolfman and The Thing they've had stuff from "yet to be released" movies. So kinda wondering if they've had access to props and footage from the new movie. Regardless, I loved the few games I've played (just ordered the HD Collection to refresh my memory before the event) and though the movie was quite entertaining so I'll be thrilled either way. (haven't watched the videos, so this is 100% speculation).

Hoping that's NOT the case as I'm doing the UMTH tour the first weekend in Oct and was hoping this would be one of the houses and know they don't like to let you take pics of pre-release movie houses.

It seems more like a mixture of the two to me, to be honest. I have a feeling there will be many monsters from the games in there that aren't in the film.

that is true, we might see monsters from the games, I was talking about the sets, kinda look like the rooms and sets from the movie,

one thing I Was expecting from the house that I did not see in the videos was a room full of fake nurses, I wonder if I just missed that on the vid or it doesn't exist

With Wolfman and The Thing they've had stuff from "yet to be released" movies. So kinda wondering if they've had access to props and footage from the new movie.

I can confirm that they had access to the movie, they streamed a copy over to the theater at Citywalk for A&D to watch.

• Like 4

In the video I watched there was a room with two or three fake nurses... Pretty sure there will be a few real ones that will really fill up the space.

I think those fake nurses were there to show where the real nurses will be in the house.

• Like 1

I hope not.

Each fake nurse appears to be standing on a black circle. I'm really hoping that black circle is a simple mechanical pivot. That way we could get some movement from the fake one as well.

that would be amazing, it really would, if you think it is fake and it turns around or something,

That! would be more scary than an actor actually, kinda makes me wonder why they haven't done it before, if they have a mannequin that turns around or moves or something that would scare the bejesus out of people

I hope

I hope you have to almost push through real nurses here.

well yeah, I want a room full of nurses fake and real, I demand a room full of nurses, I am Expecting a room full of nurses,

if there isn't one, I will complain :lol: :lol:

I am expecting a room full of scareactor nurses and dummies all still and not moving until you approach. The the scareactors will move but until you do you won't know real from fake. Now that would be a good scare.

The Silent Hill version of Dead Exposure optical illusion....I like the way you think my friend! :)

It is this house and this house alone that is dragging me to Orlando this year. I've been after them to make a Silent Hill maze since 2004, at least, so I kinda have to go now. Thing is, SIlent Hill...at least GOOD Silent Hill, say the first three or four games...is all about dread. It's about not wanting to look through that hole in the wall, or not wanting to go through that next door (or in this case, next set of freezer flaps) for fear of what might be waiting. It isn't about things screaming and lurching at you from the dark, which is kinda what HHN does. That feeling of dread is a difficult one to accomplish, and if they can achieve even a fraction of it, it will be worth the trip. And also I hope they don't feature the Boogeyman over Pyramid Head...PH is an inspired, almost ridiculous WTF of an enemy, whereas B-man is just a big guy with a trenchcoat and a hammer. He's not anywhere near as interesting as PH, with his pversized helmet and penchant for mannequin-rape. (See Silent Hill 2).

I have high hopes for this maze, I really do. Which only means, of course, that they have farther to fall when they're dashed.

Edited by Bsquare
  • Like 1

so... I guess..

No room full of Nurses ah Universal? Couldn't do what they did for Dead Exposure,

I am a little pissed, I was expecting that, I was expecting a room where you had to try to go through nurses, really close to you, like 15 or something mannequins,

well, we did get a room with nurses, like 5 of them.....

whatever Universal :rolleyes:

I have to say, the whole house it felt like I was in the fog world, It never felt like we went to the Otherworld, never felt like we left the Fog World, yes the monsters were there, but, it just felt like they could have worked in the transitions, but I didn't feel any, it all looked the same

it felt extremely short too

Edited by Mr. Black

This house was alright. Good theme, somewhat accurate sets, but for some reason not really scary. Not enough nurses. Pyramid head not menacing enough (he had no sword!). I can't say I'm the biggest silent hill fan, but I've played the original game and bits of some of the others as well as seen the movie. I think they could have made this house scarier. Maybe it just needs to be a bit more darkly lit and more populated. I still liked it, but I wasn't wowed.

• Like 1

I've only seen the movie, and I was only able to go through the house one time last night. It was alright, didn't have a lot of scares for me. I thought Pyramidhead was pretty cool. I'm looking forward to going through again tonight to see if I have a better run through.

The media video of his house rewened it for me. The scares were "ok", but the set made up for it . The entrance didnt have the falling ash but it did have a ash smell to it. I did get scared good once with a good old fashion drop panel. I think it would of been better with out the drunks in front  of us touching all the Scarsactors. 

the thing I did not like about Pyramid Head is the way he has to walk around, since he walks around in this rectangle area, where he goes by a wall,

when I did the house I totally missed him, I kinda wish there was no wall so that he would have to walk from side to side but people would not miss seeing him,

the time i went in this room, he was just going in the doorway, so the group of people around me totally missed him, maybe some people like this, but I kinda hate it, since he does not need a boo hole to scare people but is there more for you to see I kinda wish he did not have to walk around that wall,

but I guess is good I will have a lot of opportunities to see him, but still,

• Like 1

While I never played the games (sadly), I did watch and really like the movie. It creates an atmosphere that draws the viewer into the Otherworld and makes one think about what each creature represents in the human psyche. As BSquare said, we have been asking for this house for a LONG time and Universal finally delivered a long-awaited treat! By far, this was my most anticipated house of the year. However, with very high expectations, could come some very big disappointments. I should just listen to my friend who always tells me not to have any expectations, for then I may just enjoy everything and not be disappointed.

Hmm . . . I do feel that they captured the essence of the franchise, including the theming, but there are some things that I hope to see fixed over the next few weeks. The transition to the Otherworld doesn't seem to work as I had hoped, especially since the siren isn't loud or persistent enough and the lights don't dim when it starts. I was really hoping for a Psychoscareapy-type effect with the transition and the siren. Secondly, where is Pyramid Head's blade? And why does he run down the hallway? He is a truly iconic character who needs to be portrayed with precise detail. Thirdly, the nurses are not nearly crowded enough. Why are they off to the side and not staggered in the middle of the room like in Dead Exposure? I will say, however, that the nurses are amazing. I love the costume and the scareactors who play them are incredible. Last night's finale scene was very intimidating - good job ladies!

I do have this house ranked number four right now, and I do have high hopes for this house since changes can still be made. For example, when walking through the bathroom scene on Friday, we all wondered where the janitor was (why is his stall empty?), but he appeared on Saturday night.

Despite my criticism, I have to give a big thank you to Universal for giving us this house! Incredible!

• Like 1