Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

I watched the movie for the first time on Friday. I must say as the movie did kind of suck the set pieces and characters will make a great house. I'm very pumped for this house now and can't wait to see how they pull some of the stuff off. I'm gonna try to play or watch silent hill 3 in the next few days so I can get the gist of that one. I'm much more excited for this house now than I was a few weeks ago.

As Some one who never saw the whole movie or played the games what's better and what should I watch or play before hhn to understand the house?

I Would say search on youtube silent hill 2 and 3 if you dont want to play them, I think the house might be based on both 2 and 3 maybe, 2 is the most famous and the fan favorite

• Like 1

I hope the finale is aliens.

I hope they have they have the aliens and/or dog near the ending like a little easter egg for all the SH fans and who just want to see an alien in SH without "alienating" (pun intended) the normal crowd but hopefully that can compensate for fun dark humor as ill always try to find it and just laugh even when pyramid head is swinging in my direction

For the games i decided to get 1-3 as i heard the film isn't a too good example so I'll do what you guys believe in order to anticipate. The first SH game is on PSN for 6 bucks and 2-3 is out in the HD collection(I know I heard it has it shares of problems like in the technical and voice changing/music changing aspect but for people like me without a working PS1 or PS2 its the only way to go) that I think is out for both PS3 and X360

I hope they have they have the aliens and/or dog near the ending like a little easter egg for all the SH fans and who just want to see an alien in SH without "alienating" (pun intended) the normal crowd but hopefully that can compensate for fun dark humor as ill always try to find it and just laugh even when pyramid head is swinging in my direction

For the games i decided to get 1-3 as i heard the film isn't a too good example so I'll do what you guys believe in order to anticipate. The first SH game is on PSN for 6 bucks and 2-3 is out in the HD collection(I know I heard it has it shares of problems like in the technical and voice changing/music changing aspect but for people like me without a working PS1 or PS2 its the only way to go) that I think is out for both PS3 and X360

I hope it's out for 360 lol I haven't had a workin ps2 in a long time but I do how ever have a 360 and the only thing on it is my sons movies lol time for some silent hill action

We tried to watch the movie this past weekend, and the acting was kinda bad, so we turned it off after 45 minutes. I may try again just because I'm told we didn't even get to see the "good stuff". I will say, I loved the FEEL of it - very creepy and surreal. What monsters we did see - we agreed they would be awesome in a house. Plus, I really like the music - it tops off the effect perfectly.

We tried to watch the movie this past weekend, and the acting was kinda bad, so we turned it off after 45 minutes. I may try again just because I'm told we didn't even get to see the "good stuff". I will say, I loved the FEEL of it - very creepy and surreal. What monsters we did see - we agreed they would be awesome in a house. Plus, I really like the music - it tops off the effect perfectly.

The movie in the story and characters aspect is not really from the source material of the games of silent hill as the director wanted a motto of "mother is god to the eyes of a child" which is the complete opposite of the story of the first silent hill if you want a more accurate representation then play the games or watch a walkthrough or a "let's play" on youtube. But at least the movie is accurate on the feel and look of silent hill.

Btw The HD collection is both for PS3 and 360 cost around 40 bucks which is ideal as each game would mean it cost 20 bucks each ( 2 & 3) so start playing

Edited by CinemaOfTheDead

I hope it's out for 360 lol I haven't had a workin ps2 in a long time but I do how ever have a 360 and the only thing on it is my sons movies lol time for some silent hill action

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874149057&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

This Silent Hill HD Collection includes Silent Hill 2, which follows James Sunderland, a widower in search of his deceased wife. When he receives a letter from his wife from beyond the grave, James discovers unseen evil and ominous characters leading him to the asylum of another world. With Red Pyramid and other living monsters within the haze of Silent Hill persecuting him, will James be able to survive the horror? The adventure continues in Silent Hill 3, where a demonic cult is trying to spread the insanity of the otherworld through Claudia, a fellow cult member. As she attempts to bring Harry Mason's daughter, Heather, into Silent Hill and create a new god, Claudia spins a web of mystery and intrigue. Get ready to experience everything you love about Silent Hill, fully remastered to be more intense, more stunning and more spine-chilling than ever before.

FEATURES

Includes Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, both remastered with 720p high-definition graphics

Join the widower, James Sunderland, in Silent Hill 2 as a mysterious letter from his deceased wife guides him to a sleepy town that isn't what it seems

Discover unseen evil and ominous characters brought on by guilt and remorse

Escape the lumbering demon, Red Pyramid, and other monsters manifested from your own psyche

Join the forces of a demonic cult bent on spreading the insanity of the otherworld through a cult member, Claudia, in Silent Hill 3

Watch in horror as Claudia attempts to bring Heather, Harry Mason's daughter, into Silent Hill to birth a new god

Explore fascinating subplots and themes, including the loss of innocence and childhood

Enjoy completely updated in-game voiceovers, directed by the series vocalist, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, and a remastered soundtrack score and ambient music

For those who want to understand Silent Hill better... Understanding Jungian Archetypes is a good start. (i.e. the self, the shadow, animus, etc.) they are heavily played upon and most of the characters were devleoped with these concepts in mind (for example Pyyramid Head would be the Shadow archetype being the repressed anger and judgement of the main character). It's not neccesary to enjoy it but it help to explain the world in which Silent hill exists. A world full of repressed memories and ones own fears and flaws set against you.

• Like 1

Well ive watched the Silent Hill and Slient Hill 2 walk throughs and I have to say the atmosphere, setting and creatures are better than the story they tell. Seeing as its the former we'll be experiencing in a house and not the story I'm still excited for this this one. Should be full of scares and variation can't wait!

I love SH and have played the first 4 games and have the HD versions of 1 & 2 for my xbox. But in my honest opinion SH 1 by far takes the cake and I am happy they have not remade that game in any way shape or form. The grainy texture of the shadows and the monsters as they stumble into the light. The perfect sound of the sirens. The fog was't top notch but the first one is the best fallowed by 3 (though I am inclined to believe I am biased due to the heavy tie in with 1) . A lot of us have waited for this house and I'm sure UNI will deliver... or it could flop... but I have faith in the design team!

Also , a fogged up scare zone with "our" world monsters would be pretty cool!

Edited by Sleepyfawn

Honestly I just can't see a SH house without an attached scarezone. I mean it almost works too well together for them not to do it...

If it is a SS house (SS23B where the entrance is in NY) they can alter the acid assault to get more fog and those foam machines acting as snow once again as the projections are turning the buildings to the grainy feel of the otherworld with a siren warning people of it and the scareactors can use this to their advantage so yeah that would be a perfect beginning to SH the house it will make people be highly interested before attending the house.

It's funny that this might be my top #1 anticipated as of now without really playing the game yet.

Silent Hill is in SS 22, which is typically the house that queues in front of the Ampitheater.

However, it's important to note that the announcement said nothing about a scarezone, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Oh well that sucks but I never heard any anticipation for a sz that was released by uni before the full reveal but time will tell on that aspect. So I guess they'll put that screen back up on the theater and play the trailer that JW posted up there on this page and hopefully split with behind the scenes talking because I hated seeing the thing trailer on a loop without any pause but at least this year would be more logical because now the trailer would be playing in the correct queue and not like last year when your waiting for winter's night as The Thing trailer was playing on a loop, thank god it never was so long.

Oh well that sucks but I never heard any anticipation for a sz that was released by uni before the full reveal but time will tell on that aspect. So I guess they'll put that screen back up on the theater and play the trailer that JW posted up there on this page and hopefully split with behind the scenes talking because I hated seeing the thing trailer on a loop without any pause but at least this year would be more logical because now the trailer would be playing in the correct queue and not like last year when your waiting for winter's night as The Thing trailer was playing on a loop, thank god it never was so long.

with a big name announcement ahead of the full reveal like SH, it'd make more sense to announce them together.