Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

They specifically said in the announcement video that "for the first time ever, they'll be bringing to life the videogame Silent Hill"... They would've promoted the house completely differently if it was for the new movie instead of the videogame. They even show footage from the game in the announcement video. Besides Universal knows that the fans have been asking for it the game to become a house for years.

Not sure how you can consider this year being used for "ads"... since Alice Cooper or P&T are actually being "promoted" in any way to sell some type of product. Sure SH could be seen as a way to promote the new movie sequel, but there is no "coming soon to theaters October 26th" with SH's description/video on the site.

The only thing that is using HHN as "advertisement" is TWD... They're blatantly promoting the show for season 3.

They specifically said in the announcement video that "for the first time ever, they'll be bringing to life the videogame Silent Hill"... They would've promoted the house completely differently if it was for the new movie instead of the videogame. They even show footage from the game in the announcement video. Besides Universal knows that the fans have been asking for it the game to become a house for years.

Not sure how you can consider this year being used for "ads"... since Alice Cooper or P&T are actually being "promoted" in any way to sell some type of product. Sure SH could be seen as a way to promote the new movie sequel, but there is no "coming soon to theaters October 26th" with SH's description/video on the site.

The only thing that is using HHN as "advertisement" is TWD... They're blatantly promoting the show for season 3.

Silent hill is a game...it's also a movie franchise...They could say the same for resident evil but we all know what we'd see with that. I'm not saying NO VIDEO GAME SCENES, i just have a hunch we may be let down if that's what your going for...sorry for the confusion. There WILL BE VIDEO GAME ASPECTS TO THE HOUSE, BUT we all know Uni does movies, it's what they've always done. Plus the movies are FAR EASIER for the casual fan to watch and learn the story. Yes they are bringing the "video game world" to life, but i think the house will focus on the movies.

my "ad space comment" was focused more on the website i'm sorry i didn't clarify.

well its already clear (by many of the users on here) that not many have even seen the first movie. There really wasn't anything that memorable either (outside of the nurses/pyramid head)... minus the anti-climatic semi-ending in the church with thorns...

The new movie is mostly based on the 3rd game, but it doesn't come out until the end of the month, so focusing on scenes from the sequel wouldn't really work out very well since nobody will have seen it yet... except for those going the last 4 nights of the event.

There is a difference.... The THING house was a UNIVERSAL film and was actually promoting the new movie. And most everyone has seen the 1982 film, so they had a general idea of what was going to happen in the prequel. The movie was released during the 3rd weekend of the event. Thats not "well after". You're probably thinking of 2009's "Wolfman" which was supposed to come out BEFORE the event, but then got pushed back to February, which was "well after" the event.

would this pushing happen before or after he rapes the mannequins?..

i'd be careful about knocking him off balance because he could fall on you resulting in the pyramid's "point" to puncture your face/body... -insert SQUISHY-blood puncturing sound-

Two words....Glock G19. If that dude is going to fall, trust me, I'd be far away from his ass before it happened.

Well he swings a sword that is about 9' long and well over 100 lbs which he drags behind him that can cut through 6 in steel like butter (or bifurcate a person in one swing) .

He is seven foot tall and can pick a person up by their neck and can skin said person with on hand.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gC8i6kUI-R0... but be warned it's graphic.)

I'd say he is formidable... slow maybe but definitely solid and deadly.

See above response...something tells me my bullets would be a tad faster than his sword. :)

People, it's a game...I'm being sarcastic...in case that wasn't already implied ;)

There is a difference.... The THING house was a UNIVERSAL film and was actually promoting the new movie. And most everyone has seen the 1982 film, so they had a general idea of what was going to happen in the prequel. The movie was released during the 3rd weekend of the event. Thats not "well after". You're probably thinking of 2009's "Wolfman" which was supposed to come out BEFORE the event, but then got pushed back to February, which was "well after" the event.

Yeah, I think I'm getting my movie release dates mixed up haha that and I know me and my girlfriend didn't go to see it until the event was over...

And the fact that there are plenty of fans who absolutely love the show and having a house based on it is kick ass idea :-)

SH may not be a blantant advertisement, but with a new game coming out...come on, there's a tie in right there. Alice Cooper, no tie in needed, it just Alice Cooper, people will want to see that house because of who he is. P&T, again, not a blantant advertisement...but the house is based in Vegas and they just happen to playing the Rio.

And the fact that there are plenty of fans who absolutely love the show and having a house based on it is kick ass idea :-)

SH may not be a blantant advertisement, but with a new game coming out...come on, there's a tie in right there. Alice Cooper, no tie in needed, it just Alice Cooper, people will want to see that house because of who he is. P&T, again, not a blantant advertisement...but the house is based in Vegas and they just happen to playing the Rio.

HHN 22 "ADttack" Overall theme...fear of website ads. Popups will chase us around the park and each house will have a "sign up process" where you give vital information and NOT KNOW who or what will use that information. lol

Awesome shirt...pyramid head gave me nightmares as a child *shiver* I may only get a glimpse of him in the house..lol

HHN 22 "ADttack" Overall theme...fear of website ads. Popups will chase us around the park and each house will have a "sign up process" where you give vital information and NOT KNOW who or what will use that information. lol

That could possibly wind up being the most frightening them of the past 22 years....LOL

I would guess only creatures, mainly bc the scary element of Silent Hill is the creatures. I guess it also depeds on where they are drawing inspiration from. In the game the town isn't abandoned right away like in the movie. The town exists with people and all in reality at first, but the protagonist enters the twisted reality of what we know to be Silent Hill. In the movie they have the cult that "lives" there, but I don't think they will play a factor in the house. We might see Alessa, either movie or video game version, but if we see her I doubt it will be in 'human' form.

I would guess only creatures, mainly bc the scary element of Silent Hill is the creatures. I guess it also depeds on where they are drawing inspiration from. In the game the town isn't abandoned right away like in the movie. The town exists with people and all in reality at first, but the protagonist enters the twisted reality of what we know to be Silent Hill. In the movie they have the cult that "lives" there, but I don't think they will play a factor in the house. We might see Alessa, either movie or video game version, but if we see her I doubt it will be in 'human' form.

I was thinking they will have all creatures and actors in costumes, but I wonder if Uni will put a couple of people with no creatures costumes to save on that, they will probably put a couple of humans in there, the question is who.

but Alessa is a good choice, I hope we don't get too many humans though

The house could feature cult members. They're pretty crazy.

yeah that is interesting, I was thinking, what if we see Maria too or Cybil Bennett, or Dahlia? maybe even Heather,

actually, I started thinking human characters were bad idea, but this is making me think, I really want to see Heather or Maria, and Claudia too, I kinda hope they put some of the main characters now, that would be really cool

something I wonder, Are we going to see human characters in this house? or only creatures?

I believe somewhere they will include humans because they would have to put some sort of human interaction in the house so it could relate to S.H. like you said earlier but most likely it will be more themed towards the creatures because we all know how HHN likes to do it...AND IM NOT SAYING THATS A BAD THING LOL

I can't think of a single house that hasn't used human scare actors.. Maybe Winter's Night (even though they are ghosts and ghosts are human) but most houses have/need the human element... i.e. the conflict between monster and human. I guess you could be the human element but victims in the house are pretty much staple.