Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

I can't think of a single house that hasn't used human scare actors.. Maybe Winter's Night (even though they are ghosts and ghosts are human) but most houses have/need the human element... i.e. the conflict between monster and human. I guess you could be the human element but victims in the house are pretty much staple.

I 100% agree with that.

I can't think of a single house that hasn't used human scare actors.. Maybe Winter's Night (even though they are ghosts and ghosts are human) but most houses have/need the human element... i.e. the conflict between monster and human. I guess you could be the human element but victims in the house are pretty much staple.

What about the caretaker/grounds keeper in Winter's Night? ;)

Played Silent Hill: Homecoming for a few hours yesterday and now I am getting excited. I find that the scariest aspect of all horror games is the flashlight. Something about seeing the creepy environment only through the dim, flickering light is terrifying.

So I just watched the movie "Silent Hill" for the 2nd time (.....in 6 years). I was surprised that for having not seen it since it was in theaters, I remembered the whole thing. I will say this though... I'm probably going to crap myself when I hear that damn siren.

Maybe they'll do something similar to the effect that was done in 2006's Scareapy. Every 15 minutes you'd hear Jack's "pop goes the weasel" theme and then the power would go out and you'd be in complete darkness for a few seconds. So replace the music with the siren & do some type of blackout effect and yea....

• Like 1

I've been a gamer for awhile, I got my first Playstation for Christmas in 1998. I have always been a fan of horror, my parents still laugh to this day that my favorite movie as a kid was Child's Play. They would bring me to the video rental store and I wanted to rent that movie EVERY time we went, while my sister picked out a Barney tape or something like that.

So for some reason scary movies didn't scare me, I found them fascinating. I considered myself immune to all things horror, I laughed at adults that would tell me "That's too scary for children". For my birthday I got to pick out two new video games. This is when I discovered that they made horror video games! You can imagine how excited I was. I convinced my parents to let me get them. I got Alone In the Dark: The New Nightmare, and Silent Hill.

To my surprise, I was actually terrified of playing them, even in broad daylight. So scared in fact that I gave up on playing Alone In The Dark and gave it to my cousin who was like 10 years older than me. But there was something about Silent Hill that I loved. It terrified me, but I found the whole world so interesting that I couldn't bare to give it away. I kept the game, but didn't play it again until a few years later. I can remember my little heart beating like crazy in my 12-13 year old chest. Silent Hill was the first thing I was ever scared of but fascinated by at the same time.

That is why I can't wait for this house. I can't remember ever being this excited and nervous about a house. I'm sure other people have this feeling when going into a house they know if full of something they're scared of (clowns, the dark, etc..) but I don't have any of those fears. When in the queue there will be a little 12 year old inside me digging her heels into the dirt, screaming to not go in. I'm sure my heart will race and I will get anxious. i can't wait :)

• Like 4

I've been a gamer for awhile, I got my first Playstation for Christmas in 1998. I have always been a fan of horror, my parents still laugh to this day that my favorite movie as a kid was Child's Play. They would bring me to the video rental store and I wanted to rent that movie EVERY time we went, while my sister picked out a Barney tape or something like that.

So for some reason scary movies didn't scare me, I found them fascinating. I considered myself immune to all things horror, I laughed at adults that would tell me "That's too scary for children". For my birthday I got to pick out two new video games. This is when I discovered that they made horror video games! You can imagine how excited I was. I convinced my parents to let me get them. I got Alone In the Dark: The New Nightmare, and Silent Hill.

To my surprise, I was actually terrified of playing them, even in broad daylight. So scared in fact that I gave up on playing Alone In The Dark and gave it to my cousin who was like 10 years older than me. But there was something about Silent Hill that I loved. It terrified me, but I found the whole world so interesting that I couldn't bare to give it away. I kept the game, but didn't play it again until a few years later. I can remember my little heart beating like crazy in my 12-13 year old chest. Silent Hill was the first thing I was ever scared of but fascinated by at the same time.

That is why I can't wait for this house. I can't remember ever being this excited and nervous about a house. I'm sure other people have this feeling when going into a house they know if full of something they're scared of (clowns, the dark, etc..) but I don't have any of those fears. When in the queue there will be a little 12 year old inside me digging her heels into the dirt, screaming to not go in. I'm sure my heart will race and I will get anxious. i can't wait :)

This is one of the most eloquent and passionate examples I've read in a long time which illustrates WHY most of us are drawn to this kind of thing. I, too, was a horror fan from a young age - watching old horror movies late at night on Friday nights, or sneaking into the theater to see a new release even though I wasn't old enough (this was back a few decades before they got crazy with carding people), and reading Stephen King like he was a super hero. (well, he is, but that's another thread for another day). All of us have that one thing that just scared the living crap out of us, and we never forget it. To see it "come alive" at HHN must be beyond thriling for you! I wish I was going to be around when you experience this. I'm sure it'll be something. Thanks for sharing that.

Sidenote: Believe it or not, I finally finished watching Silent HIll for the first time this weekend. I thought the movie was badly acted and kind of remedial. However - I did keep saying - "Oh my god, this will make one HELL of a house though!" I think the idea for the siren and a following darkness would be terrifying.

Sidenote: Believe it or not, I finally finished watching Silent HIll for the first time this weekend. I thought the movie was badly acted and kind of remedial. However - I did keep saying - "Oh my god, this will make one HELL of a house though!" I think the idea for the siren and a following darkness would be terrifying.

The siren and accompanying shift to the nightmare world is THE thing I'm most looking forward to in this house.

• Like 5

Guest HHNPicMan

200px-Bogeyman_Render.png

This guy looks mean as hell... I see that they call him both "Hammer" and "Bogeyman." Its my understanding that he comes from "Silent Hill - Downpour." I am not actually familar with Silent Hill series so please correct me if im wrong!

From what I have seen of Silent Hill, this guy and Pyrmid Head are actually the same thing, just different incarantions of evil.

• Like 1

I think it's a pretty safe bet we're getting the Bogeyman. HHN Hollywood just released their full details and this is in the Silent Hill description:

"Feel your blood freeze as you come face to face with Pyramid Head, the colossal executioner, armed with an enormous jagged blade. Go under the knives of devilishly disfigured nurses, determined to scar you for life. Struggle for your final gasps of air as the Bogeyman smashes everything in his path with his murderous hammer."

Now I know each coast does things their own way but it's still a good sign. Oh, and I'm so pissed they're getting a Silent Hill scarezone and we're not!

My thoughts exactly. As a movie, it sucked. Royally. But as a house, it has so much more potential... :)

The siren and accompanying shift to the nightmare world is THE thing I'm most looking forward to in this house.

That was the only two elements of the movie that even remotely creeped me out. If they don't figure out a way to integrate those into the house, it'll be a shame.

My hope is that the facade / first room work as transitional rooms into the Otherworld. Considering the use of scrims in recent years wouldn't be surprised to see "before your eyes" shift. Very attainable with some clever set dressing and lighting changes.

Edited by eyeballs

Something else I just noticed (and could have been mentioned in previous posts, I apologize in advance if this is a repost) is the static on the radio in Silent Hill 2. Could be some pretty easy and freaky ways to incorporate that into the house

i can't possibly contain my glee over this ok

when it comes to survival horror games i'm a 10/10 total trainwreck baby so i've only managed to finish SH3 and shattered memories personally, but i'm so in love with the mythos of this series i can't wait to see it translated into a house. imho there's enough nightmare fuel here to theme an entire event around.

WOW, really hope our Silent Hill nurses don't end up looking like Hollywood's....

Super disappointing....

429948_525392834153165_343955593_n.jpg

Erm is that really what Hollywoods nurses will look like? I'm with you because if that's what we're getting too I'm going to be beyond disappointed. Looks like a normal woman who's been crying and her makeup has run. Either that or an Alice Cooper fan. :(