Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

20 Years of Fear - <3333 Nothing but love for both casts. You guys are so much fun. Thanks for the "Stumpy" and "Nightmares" shout outs. Armyofrobots and his orc friend had me pinned against one of the prop shelves at one point, nice teamwork.

Wolfman in 20 years of Fear around 10:56 for saying vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaault in my ear.

<33333333

glad you guys enjoyed it!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So really quick I had to give this shout out...THANK YOU to the closing cast of Havoc on Friday night for the most EPIC run through a house I've ever had. Me and my friend were in there by ourselves 5 minutes before closing and I have never seen energy like that out of a cast, not to mention it was 1:55 when we got in the house. Y'all were jumping off of shit and bouncing around...sooooo incredible. Thank you!!!! I hope y'all get HOTY....you deserve it!

That would of been me that said the Vault is dead. What I said was in my crazy like voice was "Like me, the Vault is Dead" and went into my crazy laugh. Good seeing you though :)

Awesome! Thank you! If you know who the prison guy is on your cast and he doesn't go on here could you please pass on that he made my night? :D

More thank you's from me. :)

Going to start out with Hades. Victoria, you scared me so badly. That was so cool! I had no idea that was you at first. Keep it up, girl!

Psycho- Bruce for being awesome as always, and Jordan for surprising me at the very end. Although, we were both surprised. ;)

Hallow'd- Shoutouts to SHOE, Body Collectors scene, Chris and gatoralex.

Havoc- Cast A, I love you guys. Go Andrew, Syn, and MrTimeout! You're terrifying even though you're like the nicest people in the world.

Zombiegeddon- Both casts. You guys are so good at making me laugh and scream at the same time.

Zombie Gras- silver vest guy that kept yelling at me nonstop, you're hilarious.

Esqueleto Muerte- I love this zone. You're terrifying in a beautiful way. You guys really freak me out.

Saws N Steam- ALL OF YOU. Yes I was dragged onto the ground last night, and yes I enjoyed it. B)

Last but not least..Catacombs. Liz and I went though this house 9 times last night. 1 of the 9 was cast A and I gotta thank you guys for being awesome. I am also very curious to find out who kept hitting those stringy things on my arm. Whoever you are, you're great. :lol:

Cast B- Do I even need to say anything? To every scareactor in this house, you're all amazing, and you know that. First person on the left ALWAYS gets me. My goodness. Peckers, you know who you are. I don't even know what to say about you guys. You make me smile. Keep it up!

To all the scareactors in general- I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this. Keep it going, and I'll keep coming back!

Hallow'd- Shoutouts to SHOE, Body Collectors scene, Chris and gatoralex.

Haha sorry im not as entertaining as Chris, ill come up with clever things as the event goes on. But i dont know if you realized it but i was with yall later on, three of us were going to zombiegeddon and we saw Chris and yall so we joined up.

Edited by gatoralex

I have to give props to the cast A Ice Queen as well as the Storyteller from the same cast! Y'all are awesome!! :D

One of my favorite Jack moments happened last week, Sunday night I believe it was, might have been Friday though. Me and my friend were in hanging out by Mel's trying to fix his camera and Jack comes up and he says What the hell are you guys doing just standing here and I said we're trying to fix his camera and Jack replies why? because his picture taking skills suck even though it's 2010 and you can find all this on youtube! I just thought that was hilarious! We stood there for a few more minutes and Jack kept coming up making jabs at us like you know we like the slower ones best, and I said you just need to run/wheel faster than the guy behind you! The best part was though, later on Jack came up to us again and was like I made fun of you guys enough already tonight your boring now! I just LOVE when we're taunted like that lol always adds something special to the night!

Oh and btw....to the higher ups...LET THE ICE QUEEN STEAL WHEELCHAIRS! LOL!

Haha sorry im not as entertaining as Chris, ill come up with clever things as the event goes on. But i dont know if you realized it but i was with yall later on, three of us were going to zombiegeddon and we saw Chris and yall so we joined up.

You're still awesome! That was you?! Should have said something :P

More thank you's from me.

Last but not least..Catacombs. Liz and I went though this house 9 times last night. 1 of the 9 was cast A

*cough 2 times* We visited cast A two times

You should have said something. We had no idea who was with us except for Andrew and Chris.... I just knew the bald ones were from Havoc =p

Havoc- Cast A- You guys are terrifying. The energy you guys have is incredible, and it carries through the whole house. Definitely glad I FINALLY got to see your cast.

Hallow'd past- Cast A- DE room- Zombie on the left- You scared the hell out of me, and said "Boo Liz" I'm not sure who you are/were.. but yeah thanks for scaring me when I didn't expect it.

Cast B- DE Room- All of you are amazing. BC Room- Collector on the left for giving me a good scare the first time through last night. Assistant room- Yeah.. random hands coming out of nowhere are terrifying.. I dread your room everytime through that house.

Hades- first set of the night- Yeah.. this house gets me everytime.. I seemed to get all the scares in my group.. You guys did an amazing job.

Catacombs- Cast A- I finally saw your cast, and you guys are amazing. There was one guy that got me pretty well, and he didn't even move. He was the second plague doctor after the bone pit scene on the left side. He was crouched down on the floor, and I didn't realize he was there since he was in all black.

Cast B- Not sure what it was about last night, but I got to know the wall in your house pretty good <_< You guys already know how much I adore your cast. :wub:

Pyscoscareapy- Cast A- Bruce, Jordan, last guy on the left in the house- <3 you all.

Saws N Steam- Cast A- you guys know why... I adore you all even though you scare the hell out of me.

Cast B- Fireman- Thanks for scaring me repeatedly, and even making me drop my blinky cup causing me to break it :P

20 years of fear- I don't know what cast, but the guy on stilts with the number 13 on him. I wasn't afraid of you until you gave me your creepy stare..that was enough to send me running..and of course..you followed..I didn't realize a stilt walker could move so fast.

Thank you to every single one of you that work the event. This job shouldn't be a dangerous job where you have a fear of getting hit, or harrassed, but it is. Stay safe to all of you, and thank you for what you guys do :wub:

edited to add: This person isn't a scareactor, but the OPS in Catacombs who tapped me on the shoulder as I was walking through the house to ask me how many times I've gone through the house already, and to look at me like I was crazy when I walked through 4 more times. ;)

Edited by Cinderelly115

Last Thursday, the 7th, my friend and I walked through Zombiegeddon. I'm a tall, slim guy with some what long brown hair, and I was with a girl with bleach blond hair that is a bit shorter than me. I think I was wearing a purple striped jacket. Well, anyways, as we walk out of the garage, we thought it was over. No, it wasn't. a Zombie with an alarm or zombie ran at us and caught us completely off guard. We RAN out screaming. It was awesome ;)

There's one actor in particular who probably got me more times than any other: the chainsaw guy from Hallowed past. Based on his costume, I think he's supposed to be one of Carnage's minions from 2002. I went through that house four times, and he got me three out of those four. I think the worst part is I know where he's going to be, and I can listen ahead in line for his chainsaw sound to gauge approximately when he's going to appear. But that doesn't make any difference. I know when and where he will appear and he still gets me almost every time.

I typed up a whole bunch of stuff earlier and then we lost our internet connection as I was attempting to post it and went back and poof, it was gone. :(

Specific thank you to armyofrobots...I believe you were the Wolfman I had my pic taken with on Friday night.

gatoralex - I think it was you who had the staredown with me in Hallow'd Past DE room and then said "nice shirt" to my HNN shirt

Giant - I am almost positive it was you who eye made eye contact with and was "following" me in Saws and Steam. Another shoutout to all the actors in there who descended upon my niece and her friend on Thursday night. It was fun to watch.

Cast A of Havoc...you showed me why so many people like your house on Thursday night. It's still not my favorite, not a fan of the premise, but you all were on your game and my experience in here on Thursday was like night and day from my first run through on opening weekend. Also, my husband loved the house and said it was his favorite.

Catacombs - Cast A - Went through three times during your shifts this weekend. This house still scares the crap out of me. I had told the people who went with me Thursday night that I had gotten the most scares in this house opening weekend so they had high expectations. I am happy to say you delivered.

Every house I went through was really great this weekend and improved from opening weekend, and that's saying something because I was already very happy with most of the houses that weekend too. You're all doing a great job this year. I'm so glad I get to go back for one more weekend.

Another really great night. I only planned on doing 2-3 houses, and I did 7, so work and school will be tough tomorrow... :blush:

Hallowed Past at a little before 7:30 - got some great scares from the Captain and both sailors in Frightanic. Captain told me to abandon ship, so I bolted! (O Captain, my Captain, I do lubs that Captain!) Dead Exposure rooms always scare me just going in there - but tonight was the first night I was actually targeted for a scare here. I think I peed a tiny bit. Got some attention from Jack at the end - I'm not entirely sure what he said, I think he was asking me if I was going to scream? Yes, Jack, I'm really afraid of clowns, so I will indeed scream.

I had bad timing tonight in Catacombs, most of the scares were going to the young girls behind me. 'Tis okees, though, I still love those peckers AND victims. And recently infected boil dude did reach out to me for a great scare.

Also had bad timing in Havoc, this time there were young girls in FRONT of me getting the best scares. Havoc team, you are always on top of your game, and even if I'm not necessarily a target, you are awesome and it's a joy to watch you work.

Zombiegeddon a little before 9:30 - I was a little ticked when I first went in. This was the first time so far this year that someone cut in front of me in line. That twenty something girl with her non-stop texting was just adamant about getting ahead of me, and I was in no mood to argue, so fine, go ahead. I figured my timing would be bad on this one, too, and she would get the best scares. WRONG!! Just about every zombie in this house got me good tonight. And nail gun guy did a number on my arm as well. No, he didn't touch me, but I leaned my arm out to him and he gave me several "air nails". Thanks for letting me play along!!

Psychoscareapy, just before 10:00 - this house is rapidly rising on my list of favorite houses. I did want to send an apology out, though. About halfway through, where the doors are, an actor came out from the left to stare me down. I thought I recognized him from photos here on the board, and so I did a double take, and couldn't think of what to say, so I finally pointed and said "Nightmares!" Unfortunately, he was also setting me up for a double scare with the actor to the right (behind me), and I sort of blew that. I really wasn't trying to be a dou**e, I just don't usually think I recognize someone and kind of froze up. Sorry, and thanks for the scare!

And at the end of the house right before you exit, last ghostly patient on the right, came up to me and said "Nice shirt!" Now, I was wearing a standard HHN XX shirt, but I don't usually get shout outs, so I'll take it. Thanks for the attention!!

Finally, as I was headed through 20 Years of Fear zone at about 10:15, on my way out of the park, I encountered Alice. I asked her if I was going to die tonight (she had said that to me on a previous night), and she said "Do you want to see a dead person?" Alice, that was the most frightening thing I've seen in years. Thanks for a great send off for the night!

Thanks everyone, you are SOOO appreciated. I look forward to Thursday, when I will be bringing friends from work. Now I have to get up in a few hours, so time for bed. As Sammy Terry would say, pleasant Nightmares.

Edited by Troiandan

I just wanted to give one thank you for my 10/10/10 visit.

It would be for whomever was in the Havoc Dogs Of War..around 9:35-ish (Just came from the second showing of Bill & Ted for that night). It was one of the DOW will a fully shaven head. They were a female wearing a white tank and were behind a fence. I was stuck in this person scene...do the conga line stopping. The lighted up where they were hanging off the fence and caught me off guard and gave me a nice startle. It it very hard to scare me in haunted houses...so a startle I would rank as pretty damn good. If they could have actually can from behind the fence I was move it up to a scare. lol...best house of the night for me.

gatoralex - I think it was you who had the staredown with me in Hallow'd Past DE room and then said "nice shirt" to my HNN shirt

That was, i actually remember that, because i laughed, im horrible at staredowns its a good thing you couldnt see me laughing so thataway it looked like a serious staredown on the outside.

Sunday, 10/10, was my last night at HHN, and it was as amazing as all the rest. My dearest thanks goes out to all the scareactors I met this weekend, you made this Nightmare's first HHN a memorable one, and I assure you... I WILL be back someday. Here's one last round of "appreciation", sorry for the wall of text.

Hallow'd Past, Cast A Usher - I just want you to know that was a heart I made at you... not a rude hand gesture. :P Thanks for sticking around long enough for me to see you, and I hope I didn't creep you out or anything. Julian is my favorite.

In the same vein, most of my trips through Hallow'd Past were Cast A, and I only had one bad trip through... the rest were all amazing. Nice job guys.

My "favorite" CDTer... you didn't even have to rev the saw this time, I heard my name being called and I was like "bye!" LOL

Catacombs, Cast B - one of the "peckers" (hee hee) near the end growled "Nightmares" at me, thank you for the shout out.

Fear Revealed - Chance (not sure which cast) came up to me with her little knife and wanted to play a game, insisting that "only one of us will die!" That was unnerving, nice job. Cast B's Director and Eddie got me again before the night was over.

FEAR, Cast B - I stood and admired him for several minutes before closing time. He came over, got really close (through some miracle, I stood my ground), circled me a bit and then swept his hand over my head before moving on. He is freaky, but it's pretty cool to get some attention from the event icon. I gave him a bow before leaving.

20 Years of Fear, both casts - <333333333333333 Of everything at HHN, I am going to miss you all the most. I had SO much fun in your zone and met some really cool scareactors. Keep up the good work, and thank you. Oh, and to the Wolfman who caught me as I was leaving... thanks for returning the heart I made at you. My vision got a bit "blurry" after that. I hate goodbyes. :(

armyofrobots for playing ring around the rosie with me ;)

Syn for the epic abduction in Havoc. That made my night. We will find ways to make it even better :)

Everyone in Esqueleto Muerte (not sure what cast closed) for giving me some great entertainment people watching during the closing hours.

Thanks to Cindy/Storyteller in Fear Revealed for utterly creeping me the hell out. I was walking through a crowd and thought to myself "eh, guess not much is going to happen this time around" and saw Cindy breeze by me going the other direction. I said her name in a bemused voice, but it didn't seem like she heard me....wrong! Just as I'm approaching the storyteller she pops up next to me with some AWESOME energy and says "Hi! Want to play a game? You can go hide, and I can come and kill you!" I smiled and as she was turning away I jested "What if you don't find me?" She turned around, grinned and said "Oh, I'll find you." and when I turned back around, there's the storyteller in my face saying "Oh yes, she'll find you" in an awesome voice...epic.

Had an awesome scare from the pirate in Orfanage.

And in Saws n Steam tonight, I had a few green goggles guys talking to me, but I couldn't hear them over the music so I just kept walking. Now I feel kinda rude, but I wanted to hit a few more houses before the park closed. I was standing off to the side earlier in the night when C_D made eye contact with me. He slowly starts walking towards me, trying not to make it obvious, and I smile knowing what's about to come...then another man with a chainsaw walks by, says something to him really quick, and keeps on going....and C_D turns around and goes about his business. Awww.

Also, saw a "civilian" with a chainsaw, take it to a little alcove like thing off to the side to work on it apparently. The scareactor that it belonged to began distracting people by raising his cloak up, as another scareactor went in for the kill. I was a bit confused as to what was going on with that....as a staff member went to him, helped him, and they handed the saw back to its owner...and the staff member says "Do you even work here?" o.0

All in all, decent night, everybody was on their A-Game.

10/10

i got a couple of body collectors to thanks one in the 20 years of fear Sz for scaring the crap out of my sister :P 2nd in the hollow past house Cast A i believe when we first went in i shouted BODY COLLECTERS FTW!!!! lol then he ended up scaring me lol then same guy i believe when we went in for a second time after he was done ripping the spine out i started clapping and he bowed

i don't know what cast it was but the chick outside of legendary truth house was funny and was perfect for that part

catacombs black death rising both cast u guys just plain out rule i think this was my favorite house very scary

hades when my hat got stuck in the ropes some scare actor scared the hell out of me when i finally got it unstuck lol

Esqueleto Muerte the scareactor who chased my sis out of the zone and the one who scared her and then laughed at her

i think thats it oh wait yea one more dude in the hallowed past house i was talking to myself saying i hate clowns then like the first one of the first guys was a clown and he shouted why do u hate clowns!!! then waiting in line for catacombs the hallowed past did a cast change and he shouted at me u still haven't answered me why do u hate clowns then kept going on about how he will be sleeping under my bed he was very very in to his role and it just flat out ruled :P

p.s. sry for any typos as i literally just walked in and i am very very tired lol

You all seem to know this, but armyoforobots is amazing. And if you don't already know, I implore to you go see him in action. So much <3 for him. In fact, all of you guys in 20 Years Of Fear are kicking so much ass. I haven't gotten to see the other cast much, but Mr. ofrobots's cast is working so hard and getting so many awesome scares. Bravo to you all. Street Of The Year, please? It needs to happen.

My friend was dressed like Marty McFly last night (why? because he's awesome) and a very smiley Shadybrook patient in cast A gave him a nice "McFly!" shoutout. Also, a guy in the closing cast of Havoc was very excited to see Marty, too. So big thanks to those two guys. They helped me combine my two favorite things: HHN and BTTF.

MAJOR kudos to the closing cast of Hallow'd Past. We were in after 1 and you guys were still kicking ass. The other, non-spine removing Body Collector scared the crap out of me.

I'm not afraid of the chainsaws, but I must say that you guys in Saws N Steam really know how to pick your victims, and you are excellent at torturing them :)

I went as a guest on Saturday, October 9th.

The HHN 20 Years of Fear scarezone with Pumpkinhead Jordan and Ashley the cheerleader (not sure which cast you guys are in) was absolutely great, everyone out there was simply wonderful. Mary Shaw on wheelies came up behind me and hissed, to which your Alice said, "Looks like you made a special friend!" Priceless. And so was the old school Looney Tunes tiptoe chase that your Pumpkinhead did behind me for about 2/3rds of the zone. You really had my boyfriend laughing and feeling more at ease about coming (he's not a horror person by any stretch of the imagination). Thanks to the Gentleman Body Collector for posing with me for a pic. Hats off to your entire cast, seriously!

Zombiegras, the trombone player with glasses and the clarinetist, you two were just so unique and fun. I was a music major, so you made the band nerd in me very happy. I loved interacting with you guys!

At 11:30PM in Psychoscareapy, one of the scare-actors in the strobe room towards the end recognized my Horror Night Nightmares shirt and said, "I'll give you nightmares!" You made my night. You were the only person who verbally acknowledged my shirt, let alone tried to acknowledged it at all -as far as I know-. Bless your heart for even being able to see in that room at all. hah Thanks for the shout out!

Hallow'd Past, Cast B. I love you. hah Thanks everyone for putting up with my waving and cheering and special thanks to Bobby and Shoe for grabbing my attention. ; ) And, of course, props to my Collectors. You two rocked it even without yours truly. As if there was a doubt. : P