Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha! that's our ice queen. I kind of just stood there and watched for a solid 15 seconds before I remembered I was on set. It was hilarious.

cool! I was hoping someone saw that. His pic of it was on his facebook. Unfortunately it's a little disoriented because of all the motion but we agree it looks pretty cool and gives a surreal effect. You can add him or see the pic(it's his default right now) at Alan Luckachina!

MrBungle did an awesome job last night with CDT.

Justin did as well in 20 years of fear. First time I saw multiple people fall down!

It seems like everyone's warming up to their spots and getting even better.

And I still wanna know who's calling my name in Catacombs.

Most of the scareactors that did awesome interactions I'm friends with on facebook so I mentioned it to them there, and I'll post a good list later, but I was wondering if it was a vaulter of HNN person last night that was playing "keep-away" from me with their eye in Coven. They started out by moving it around after getting it right in my face, then i got silly and got into it and started following it with my eyes and head, and then trying to "catch it" like a cat trying to catch light. it went on for like three minutes. XD Whoever they were, they were awesome! I just wish I knew who it was!

Saws N Steam shoutouts to Chainsaw Wolf, Giant, and my buddy Bryan are all in order. Huge shout out to Giant for actually scaring me. (even if it wasn't with the chainsaw, I'll still give you credit buddy). Bryan for getting me too. Huge shout out as well to the barker on there cast. You sir are amazing, I saw Mike Aiello and Patrick walk by and they were loving your work so definitely keep it up.

Legendary Truth as always you are fun, no clue what cast I went through but it was approaching 1 when we did.

Zombiegeddon as always you are a blast. Shoutout to Daniel for sure and my brother (C34R34LK1ll3R) for both trying to infect me.

The Orfanage. Know clue what cast but I finally got a scare! Which is a huge deal for the Orfanage. The african-american in the pirate costume (IDK if you'll read this) but huge thanks for actually getting me.

Havoc you were rocking, and I'm not crazy about your house so for me to say you were kicking ass, you were kicking some serious ass. I loved that since we were pretty much the last people in we got all the scares. Definitely was badass.

Edited by Jakemeister

I posted this at Rumors but thought it was worth sharing...

**Contains House Spolier**

So while waiting in line for the Orphanage I'm explaining to my daughter about Cindy's history. We get to the end of the house and there she is in all her glory. I can't help myself and happily burt out "Cindy!". She leaps up, runs around the corner and gets on my side and says something like "take me home". I yelp like a startled little girl and run out into the street. My daughter laughs her ass off.

Kudos little Cindy...I'll adopt you anyday

Saws N Steam shoutouts to Chainsaw Wolf, Giant, and my buddy Bryan are all in order. Huge shout out to Giant for actually scaring me. (even if it wasn't with the chainsaw, I'll still give you credit buddy). Bryan for getting me too. Huge shout out as well to the barker on there cast. You sir are amazing, I saw Mike Aiello and Patrick walk by and they were loving your work so definitely keep it up.

Legendary Truth as always you are fun, no clue what cast I went through but it was approaching 1 when we did.

Zombiegeddon as always you are a blast. Shoutout to Daniel for sure and my brother (C34R34LK1ll3R) for both trying to infect me.

The Orfanage. Know clue what cast but I finally got a scare! Which is a huge deal for the Orfanage. The african-american in the pirate costume (IDK if you'll read this) but huge thanks for actually getting me.

Havoc you were rocking, and I'm not crazy about your house so for me to say you were kicking ass, you were kicking some serious ass. I loved that since we were pretty much the last people in we got all the scares. Definitely was badass.

You would have expected a chainsaw ;)

hahaha! that's our ice queen. I kind of just stood there and watched for a solid 15 seconds before I remembered I was on set. It was hilarious.

It's unique experiences like that, that have helped make this year my best yet! Not to mention how awesomely aggressive y'all are with the scares this year!!

Another cool experience was Last night it was around 2, and we were heading through Zombiegras and we saw a few zombies still hanging around in there, and me and Leonardo Da-Ice Vinci-casso were like "Yeah it's closing time, let's party!" And we all danced around and had a fun time, a few of them snuck in that one last scare, but it was cool to party with the scareactors for a bit. I really like the atmosphere of that zone, more of a party zone than a straight up scarezone, I'm always being offered spare body parts, and occasionally beads, and I don't even have to flash anyone! Ha!

Haha yay! That's my roommate. I'll let him know when he gets home. =]

I had so many personal moments last night that I hope I can remember them all. I had an amazing time last night & the personal scares make it so much fun for me. I had my HNN shirt on & was holding pink sunglasses. Okay, here we go.

Hallow'd Past -

First shout out goes to my friend Chris who was playing the clown right after the vortex. You recognized me & gave me a personal shout out! Yay.

All the zombies - Thanks got getting right up in my ear & saying various things to me such as, "Nightmare" you creeped me out.

To the body collector on the left - Thank you for pointing your knife at me.

20 Years of Fear SZ -

To the Orc (I think you're an Orc) that followed me halfway down the street & continuously shook your can, thank you. You scared me & creeped me out all at the same time. I thought you were going to follow me all the way out!

Wolfman (Idk if it was your army of teh robots) but you got right in my face. =]

To the girl from Asylum in Wonderland that scared me & then bragged that she scared me, haha you're awesome. Thank you.

Legendary Truth-

To the guy in the floor that kept in step with my friend Rachel & I as we walked across, thanks. You creeped me out & made my day. Now I know my boss was lying when he said you're a hologram.

Hades-

I had the privilege of going through this house last & alone, which was totally awesome. The minotaur got me the worst, as did my friend DK the Cyclops. Stop switching booholes DK!

Orfanage-

Shalisa & her cast partner trapped me in her room & then Shalisa said my name really creepy. Haha thanks for that.

My favorite pirate! Good to know you can even scare me by yelling, "FOR AMERICA!" at me. I adore you so much.

Zombiegedden-

I found the table! & got scared in the process. & the bag room is scary. That's all.

Saws & Steam-

Oh god, I don't know if I can remember everything.

From Clint telling me nice shirt & then coming back to scare me & waving his finger at me.

To Bryan almost slicing my face off.

To another chainsaw saying "You think your a nightmare!" & then chasing me out & then later doing it again & surrounding me with another chainsaw. It's me btw. =]

To MrBungle creeping up next to me & saying "Don't worry I'll be in your dreams tonight"

Haha. & all the other chainsaws in between. Before this year I have never gotten scared on streets & now I know what it's like. Thanks for making me also realize that when a chainsaw revs up behind you, it's terrifying. I enjoyed all the personal attention as well as watching you scare the crap out of people.

To all the scareactors I forgot that scared me last night, thank you. =] You made my day.

I'll just post these as I think of them, but the actor I call "brain lady". She's an African-American zombie with her own brain sammich that got me good on opening night, RIGHT after I stepped out of Zombiegeddon and into Zombie Gras. I saw her again on Friday night as I was sitting, resting my leg, and while all the Zombie Gras festers are fabulous, she has a great combination of atmosphere and interaction with guests. Hope I see her again tonight!!

Well, I'm already home from our Sunday night trip. Gotta go to work in the morning, siiiigh.

Tonight was great, as usual.

Still getting some solid scares from cast A in Hades. Good job guys!

Several shout outs from scareactors in Hallowed Past, Catacombs and in the street scarezones for DD's Vault shirt. Thank you!

We got to go through Orfanage by ourselves, just me and my daughter. The lady letting people in said that when the line is real short, they stagger the guests entering, so you are essentially "alone" in the house. So all the scares were just for us. It was EXCELLENT. Since it was about 6:30, I'm assuming it is cast A. Highlight of the night, for sure.

I loved the dude in his heelys in the 20 years of fear scarezone. He cracked me up.

Chain saw drill team- funny as hell to watch in action! "I'm gonna get the pregnant lady there...........well, I thought she was pregnant!" I was LMAO.

Keep up the great work everyone, keep bringin it!

Edited by debenbrie

Almost started a new topic about this XD

Gotta say, LOVE the scareactors that see the vault/HNN shirts and instead of doing a shout out.....have a little plan. Note, this only happened to me twice. Most memorable was in 20 years of fear, I saw the wolfman approaching me...then he turns toward a female walking to the back of me, and acts like he's about to walk by me, then all of a sudden, the attack! I about crapped my pants, I was here about to turn around to watch him get this chick, and he suddenly changes his course to growl at me. Other time was when two chainsaw wielding maniacs in Saws n Steam where apparently going after two separate victims, with chains off...then both cranked 'em up and lunged for me...and I had people behind me, so I had nowhere to go! Twas epic. If there was a third behind me, then I think I very well may have crapped myself haha.

To those of you scareactors who haven't thought of this, please do...fake us out. It'll add even more flair to the scare, I love it when it happens to me because I have no way to tell if the scareactor is a vaulter/HHN'er (is there a friggin easy term to call people on this site? Lol) trying to get me, or just another scareactor about to get an easier target.

Best night yet, with hopefully many more to go. The night started up beautifully during Stay and Scream. The Gentleman in Hallowed Past got me when I first entered the room, but then right as I turned the corner away from him, he leans right behind me and whispers in my ear "Hush!" Got me good, major golf clap for that one!!

First trip through (sorry, is it Frightanic or Ship of Screams?), the sailor on the left startled me well. Second trip, the "hiding" sailor on the right got me, then the Captain got in my face immediately after. Great teamwork!

Cindy at the end of Orfanage, around 6:30 - what a creepy staredown!

Legendary Truth - I loved interacting with the Spirit Seeker at the entrance, around 9:30. As I mentioned in another thread, I like you too!

Saws N Steam - Giant, I saw you (I think it was you) on Friday night, but I was too afraid to walk up and ask for a photo. I THOUGHT I saw both casts tonight, but I didn't see who I thought was you. Anyways, I'll give it another go on Thursday. Props to everyone in this zone, great energy!

Some great work in 20 Years of Fear, I think around 10-10:30. I was close to the "exit", and found myself with a Gentleman on my left ear, and a vampire bride on the right. Just breathing - major, major creep factor there, I loved it.

Got to get another photo with open vest Pumpkinhead - this is one suave, smooth character.

Also got a photo with the very creepy fellow with the Rat Lady, who put a rat in his mouth (!). He was so eerie, off the charts fabulous.

Leaving that zone on my way out, the girl with the mirror got my attention by saying "You're gonna dii-eee". Then chainsaw maniac, who was right behind me, scared the living lube and oil out of me.

Lots of great attention all night, nothing but great experiences. Thank you, you are all making this my best year ever :D