Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

I hope you scareactors don't mind when me and my friend play along with you!

We were walking through HHNXX scarezone and the director was talking to us. We asked if we could be in his movies and stuff and he kept talking about wanting to kill us. My friend wanted the bloodier gorier death and the Director was willing to give him that part.

I enjoy doing that with the scareactors. Everytime we see the Pumpkin we keep wanting to talk to him for a few minutes.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple that stood out in my head were:

Legendary Truth Spirit Seeker at the beginning.... he and I had a nice discussion on waivers... I believe it was cast B, but I'm not positive.

Same cast as the first one in LT is the floor guy.. He kept right in step with me as I went across.

Saws n steam- cast A - and Cast B- You are all incredible, and good at what you do. I have the marks on me to prove it... (I became close with a certain wall)

Hallow'd Past- Cast B- Body Collector (ripping the spine) - showed off during the spine ripping session, then put his top hat on and did a little bow. Satisfied my BC obsession =p Cast A- Usher - We had a stare off as I passed your area on the left side.. and when we went out past the right side you popped out and got my friend (stephanie on here) pretty good..

Psychoscareapy- Cast A- Eyeballs- You make an excellent mental patient.

Cast A- Last room.. person on the left before the exit.- You make me dread going through the house.. You are amazing at what you do.

Zombiegeddon- The man with the mic in cast A- You are hilarious with your zombie, and very informative :)

I know there is more.. but that is all I can think of now. I will add more later.

Not a scareactor but a photographer, do not know who you were, But I thank you for letting me know you had to use your flash. Some I expect it from (Mark, Michele, Ect..) and those are fine, but for a complete stranger to let me know is commendable.

I don't think anyone has passed through the Body Collectors scene in Hallow'd Past without applauding.

It's definitely a rare sight :)

Hallow'd Past- Cast B- Body Collector (ripping the spine) - showed off during the spine ripping session, then put his top hat on and did a little bow. Satisfied my BC obsession =p

I aim to please

:)

I just gotta give some props to cast A of both Havoc and Zombiegeddon-- the amount of energy those two casts had when I went through was just incredible. Easily made them my two favourite houses of the evening!!

Thank you!! Both HAVOC casts have been working hard to get pumped before set times, but I think A is just plain psychotic :machinegun:

I also have to give props to the last cast of HAVOC. I was one of the last groups to go thru the house and the energy the scareactors had in this one was, quite simply, amazing considering it was so late, GREAT JOB!!! I must do 2 very special shout-outs to 2 certain scare-actors in Havoc: The surprise Chainsaw dude who gave me my first real chainsaw scare in HHN history (I did my holy shit a chainsaw dance. It's where I jump from one foot to the other while staying in one place for a few seconds until finally darting forward towards relative safety). Another shout-out to one of the female scare-actors who initiated a staring contest with me (I assume it was the HNN shirt that prompted this). I am man enough to admit defeat, you won this round. Overall great job all-around guys and I can't wait to visit you all again on Oct. 22.

Mwaha! We shall duel again, I love staring contests. You did well and I look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks! Thanks for all the awesome feedback, the 'Dogs' appreciate it so much :D

Lets see what I remember from the 3 nights I've gone so far. Oh, in case you're wondering, I was with that group that went EYYYYYYY in every house, and scarezone on Saturday night.

I'm going to start off with the most memorable scarezone. Saws n Steam. Both casts. Cast A, you made me hug a wall. Cast B.. you scurred me. I know where I'll be spending most of the time to have some fun. SHAKEWEIGHT :P

2nd favorite scarezone. Zombie gras. To the zombies who EYYYYY'd and danced with us. Thank you so much! I will be partying there every night.

Fear Revealed- I love my lovely Elsa. Enough said. ;)

20 Years of Fear- major props to the Wolfman, Pumpkinhead, and Mary Shaw. I love this scarezone. So much fun.

Camo Guys- MrBungle, you made my night by turning into a cannibal with a chainsaw!!

Hades- Victoria you are amazing!!! Thanks for creeping the hell out of me because I had no idea that was you. Hahahaha

Psychoscareapy- I love you eyeballs!!! You're an amazing ghosty! Oh, and Laz..you creeped me out. Good job guys!

To everyone in Catacombs, or as I like to call it CATS N COMBS. You are terrifying.

Havoc- Andrew you're amazing! You're a crazy baldy.

Orfanage- I love my little Emmy!!! So cute in her cage.

Legendary Truth- Waiver guy! We never got to sign that waiver.

Zombiegeddon- Scott, for making me laugh so hard when you said "hide your kids, hide your wife"

Hallow'd Past- Usher that got in my face! Hatter that gave me special attention :P and the body collector show was awesome. Oh, and those frightanic people always scare the shit out of me.

I know I'm missing so much more. Oh well, that means I have to go back on thursday to refresh my memory!

Edited by Stephanie

So many amazing scareactors this time! I went on opening Friday and Saturday, and had so many great scares!

Everyone in Cats n Combs is fantastic. At one point I had THREE plague doctors gang up on me. I swear it had to be because of the HNN shirt, becuase I don't scream and I'm normally not that much of a target. Also the guy on the roof in that house (last cast of the night) got me good too.

The person in havoc that made me swear really loudly and had my heart going really fast even after I was out of the house. I wish I remembered exactly where that person was, all I know is that they were on my left, got up in my face, and completely caught me off guard. Best scare I ever had in a house.

The wolfman in 20 Years of Fear (Stephanie says that that one was you, armyofrobots), who gave me a HNN shout out twice. First time, I heard "NIGHTMARES", and looked around and saw the wolfman following me. The second time later that night I heard the entire name of the site and saw the wolfman following me again. Sorry if I didn't really react much to it, but it was awesome.

All of the chainsaw guys were great!

I'm pretty sure Bryan got me good once or twice in Saws and Steam, he got everyone else in my group a whole lot though :D

Another chainsaw guy in Saws and Steam revved his chainsaw and pointed at my shirt. I was a bit out of it because I was standing there watching the man up on the platform, and once I realized what you were doing you had walked away. Sorry :/

There were one or two people on the green camo Chainsaw Drill Team that gave us HNN shoutouts too, and one who made an awesome screeching noise when he ran at us.

I'm pretty sure it was Victoria that got me really good in Hades once or twice.

Oh! And a zombie in the Dead Exposure scene in Hallow'd Past gave us a thumbs up for the HNN and Vault shirts. I asked ZChris if it was him, and he said it wasn't, so it must have been gatoralex.

Zombiegeddon- Scott, for making me laugh so hard when you said "hide your kids, hide your wife"

I loved that! I also laughed the second time when he made a comment about making a brain slushie.

Andrew/S0d0ku/Shaun, I went through Havoc six times and only got your cast once out of all of them. When we finally did get you though, you were hilarious!

There are a lot more, and I'll edit this post if I remember, but overall ALL of the scareactors did amazing on opening weekend!

Edited by Jumboshrmp

Everyone in Cats n Combs is fantastic. At one point I had THREE plague doctors gang up on me. I swear it had to be because of the HNN shirt, becuase I don't scream and I'm normally not that much of a target. Also the guy on the roof in that house (last cast of the night) got me good too.

If it was in a room towards the end of the house, you're welcome. :lol:

Yes Andrew, thank you for reminding me..

The roof guy in catacombs- You are AMAZING. You got me everytime.. I ran into a wall trying to move away from your hand. Not sure what cast, but every single time I went through the house.. you .. yeah.. but Thanks for doing a great job!

Actually, it's a girl in B Cast. :lol: We'll send her the kind thoughts though.

Not a scareactor but a photographer, do not know who you were, But I thank you for letting me know you had to use your flash. Some I expect it from (Mark, Michele, Ect..) and those are fine, but for a complete stranger to let me know is commendable.

That may have been my wife. She is rather nice when it comes to taking photos. But not too sure. I havent flipped through her pics yet.

"Every single Plague Doctor and Plague-ers in Catacombs, you guys are seriously amazing. You made this my favorite house, Ever."

I can assure you it is our pleasure to cough you to death in our house haha I'm glad you love it!!!

If you guys don't win HOTY, I'll be completely surprised! Bravo, indeed, all of you.

My shout outs... apologies, but with a few exceptions I have no idea which cast was which.

-Hallowed Past: Alice in Cast A - she does a great job of getting in your face and being very creepy. I went through alone during the AP preview on Saturday and she did a great job of invading my space as I proceeded through.

-Catacombs: Entire cast, especially A, for just being effing intense. You got in my space, got some great scares, and weren't afraid to target me even though I'm a tallish guy. One of the plague doctors in Cast A during the AP preview did an especially great job - I was proceeding through alone and the doctor followed me through his room, ending it with an "I'm watching you" gesture. Wonderful! Also - the finale room pair - you have a great scare and are using it effectively, getting me every single time. Don't hesitate to alter your position every once in a while to keep giving me surprises.

HAVOC: Guy in the cell (room 2) both casts. You're a great actor and make the part very believable, getting some great, effective scares with your deranged and fast-paced movements. Keep it up. In addition, Chainsaw Guy in Cast A - I was far behind the conga line and made a wrong turn into your boohole around 6:20ish (AP preview on Saturday), and you proceeded to block my path, activate the chainsaw audio, and shove the blade in my face (trapping me) for a good 10 seconds. One of my top scares of the night. Also the bald female about halfway through the house (also cast A around 6:20) who was incredibly persistent in her scares - she made me a jump a total of 3 TIMES from her SINGLE boohole - just when I thought she went back into hiding she leaped out again and again, love the enthusiasm and devotion to the scare! Finally (seriously, finally) the guy in the red tarp room Cast A - you were sitting on the ground when I went through and it actually worked surprisingly well, since I didn't expect to see you so low - you sprang up with the aid of audio and nailed me. Most of the cast in this house are on their A-game.

Orfanage: Black Pirate Guy, Cast A. Your costume is a little cheesy (no mask to hide your non-child age) but you still managed to scare the sh*t out of me on both of my runs on Saturday. Great job. Also, Cast A Cindy at the end - you saw me looking directly at you on my way out but you still didn't hesitate to activate your audio and leap out to scare me, giving a malevolent smile. Love it, please do attempt to scare people who see you more, it's often unexpected.

Zombiegeddon: Zombie hiding in the pillar in the first scene where the power goes out (with the chain link fences). You get me every time, even though I know you're there. The guy with glasses who's speaking into the intercom in Scene 2 is also hilarious, I love his dorkiness and it really sets the ZAP feel. Body bag guys are great. The nail gun shooter is a blast to watch, with a truly deranged feel - he even did a "suicide" shot before he hid again, which I thought was brilliant!

Hades: Both Medusas, the Minotaur, and the finale Spartan Warriors. The latter in particular really know how to create consecutive scares, using their booholes effectively - they'll scare me once, pop out a little further down and nail me again, and then get me one final time on the way out. Great stuff!

Psychoscareapy: Jail cell guys - you're lucky to have such an effective scene, please keep using it so wonderfully. Whoever really went all out on reaching his hands out menacingly to grab at me, blocking me for a good 5 seconds, I salute you, love it.

Legendary Truth: Hmm. I'd say scrim hallway dude, slider (though I didn't see him at all on Saturday), bedroom girl, face-light popout (in the living room, I think?), creepy skater, and hall of doors popout were all rocking it on my runs. The golden/bronze statues in the conservatory were excellent - perfectly convincing human statues who knew just when to strike. Most of the cast is great, I just wish the finale ghosts would make more of an effort to scare people.

Escueleto Muerte: Honestly, no real shout-outs here - it was all stare'n'glare.

Twenty Years of FEAR: Cryptkeeper, Wolfman, & Mary Shaw were really rocking it the only time I went through around 7:15 on Friday. I hope to make a few more runs through this coming Friday to see more of you.

FEAR Revealed: Jack & Chance are fantastic actors. The Usher I took a photo with was playing the part well - and The Director & Storyteller were quite good, too. Eddie was making a real effort to get some scares which was nice, but Cindy (around 7:15 on Friday) deserves some serious praise - she knows her character more than anyone, it seemed. Love the accent, very playful charm, and creepy as all hell - love the conversation I had with her. FEAR is cool but kind of useless (not his fault, I'm sure his direction is to stay put, I wish he could scare people...); his Minions do a good job of "worshipping" him, again, just wish they could run around scaring, they have some pretty cool costumes.

Zombie Gras: No real shout-outs in this zone with the exception of an apology to a female Flamingo zombie: I forget the time, but at some point on Saturday two members of my party thought it'd just be hilarious to videotape themselves party-boying one of you guys. I told them to respect the scare actors and to not do it, but they don't seem to listen to me much on these things - I guess you reprimanded them, and I apologize for their actions, hope it didn't piss you off to much.

Saws'n'Steam: Great zone, love the enthusiasm from the chainsaw wielders. There was one chainsaw in the Lagoon area who gave our group special attention - he began following a girl in my group very quietly but diligently. I was a bit behind them so I ended up walking right in time with his motions, making it appear as if I was imitating him - thus I made the vocal comment "Man, I feel like a douche". The chainsaw played it off well by slowly turning to glance at me, smiling slightly, and then stopped dead in his tracks (already quite a distance from his zone). Another member of the party commented, "ahh, he's reached the border of the zone", to which the Chainsaw smirked again and charged right at us before flipping around to head back to the others. Great job, dude.

The Coven: Probably my favorite zone so far... the chemistry between the actors/actresses are fantastic, and I especially love the Puritans. Creative way of getting scares, and your accents are spot-on. Also loving the improv with passer-by. The witches are very convincing in their movements.