HHN XX Speculation II

Okay so thinking back to Shadows of the Past was there any type of latern in it? I mean if this lantern is such a big deal shouldn't it have made a little appearance seeing that Shadows of the Past was suppose to be a preview of this year?

Or maybe you were inside the lantern viewing the horror it holds, of course this has all been discussed in the previous pages, I myself like that ideal.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So from what I've seen of the Jaws house:

Of course the swingset out front.

Child's room (but toys and crib indicate, at least to me, younger than Cindy)

Burned wood everywhere.

Lockers and trike right next to the child's room?

What appears to be a cherub statue and a pumpkin side by side?

Caged bunk beds

This house seems a bit confusing. I see how the scareactor names fit with an aspect of something in the house but not how they all fit together.

Also,

I noticed that all the pics on the walls are from the PS house and are clowns.

As well as the dolls are clowns. Perhaps its some evil daycare or as the good Doc suggests... and orphanage?

Edited by JWFearman

could be an orphanage, makes sense...but something still strikes me as odd about the house. It could be Cindy's house, but then what up with all the clowns???? I want to say it'll be the SZ of Skoolhouse turned into a House explaining its backstory, but then whud up with the burnt wood, unless that's something to do with the evil lantern. Time to brainstorm

could be an orphanage, makes sense...but something still strikes me as odd about the house. It could be Cindy's house, but then what up with all the clowns???? I want to say it'll be the SZ of Skoolhouse turned into a House explaining its backstory, but then whud up with the burnt wood, unless that's something to do with the evil lantern. Time to brainstorm

dude the backstory already has been explained, the skool was a house in hhn15, the terra cruentas year. the teacher was mary agana's grandmother if i remember corectly, and it was set in carey, ohio

EDIT - since the poster has now provided a detailed description of the photos in question, there is no longer any point to my using the spoiler boxes.

theory based on recent leaked photos:

An orphanage, run by sadists who kept the children locked in cages like animals. Until one day very strange child at the orphanage learned to bring his/her fears and those of the other children to life. These nightmarish figures - the Clown, the Nightmare Man, Captain Hook, the Barber with scissors for hands - came out of the storybooks and slaughtered the keepers of the orphanage on a terrible wonderful night. And there was fire, bright, beautiful fire...

that is merely my imagination running with the photos from the Jaws house that had been briefly posted.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

The good thing about seeing pictures like those, for most at least, is that is settles the stomach and eases the mind. Wait j/k it only makes things more hectic. Knowing many of the roles, and now seeing some scenes, its all about making 2+2=4.

Dr. Jimmy, as always you can throw out 5 ideas, and we'd all be more than happy to see any. I like your idea of the orphanage and kids being kept in cages. I can only imagine walking into a place with kids who have been held captive as such for so long, only to be let out leaving me to defend myself.

What are they fed, how are they treated? other than the clear horrid living conditions.

Knowing that things are going to begin, at least that's assumed, on the website. I'm looking forward to seeing what speculation actually falls into place. Finally an opportunity to get everyone on the same page, rather than the many wild ideas...though somewhat entertaining, also sometimes just :rolleyes: .

I'd have to say im most excited to see all of the things we have yet to even speculate on. Hopefully there will be things that will make us stop and just go, nice one A&D.

The info has been waaaaaaaaayyyyy to slow lately. I dont want to know everything,but it seems like things has come to a screeching halt.

We need more pics on the lantern page...or maybe just update the behind the screams....something...anything...I'm losing my mind.

A&D has finally found the scariest,worst possible torture to put us through.......They have created a new Icon and his name is ZERO.....and he makes sure that's what we get for info this year ...ZERO.....

UHHHGGGGGG

I gotta say guys....this orphanage thing really has Cindy written all over it. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: what if Cindy's the one that (as Dr. Jimmy suggested) is the child who was able to bring their "fears" (nightmare man, barber, etc.) to life? We've discussed she being a part of the Jaws Queue so it would make alot of sense :P

and I hear ya guys--UUUUGH. The info this year is so sloooooow. It just means that this event is gonna be THAT much cooler :P

I gotta say guys....this orphanage thing really has Cindy written all over it. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: what if Cindy's the one that (as Dr. Jimmy suggested) is the child who was able to bring their "fears" (nightmare man, barber, etc.) to life? We've discussed she being a part of the Jaws Queue so it would make alot of sense :P

and I hear ya guys--UUUUGH. The info this year is so sloooooow. It just means that this event is gonna be THAT much cooler :P

I just had a thought. (SHOCKING! I know)

I know we're all 'anti-movie house' this year, but did anyone see The Orphanage? (I know several of us saw Orphan, but that didn't feel like a horror movie to me.) The Orphanage was so striking and so sad, and Del Toro's imagery is so easy to use in that sort of setting (The Hallow and Scary Tales 3 really ran with those sorts of images!) that I am starting to wonder if that hasn't snuck in under the radar. So to speak.

Mae

EDIT - since the poster has now provided a detailed description of the photos in question, there is no longer any point to my using the spoiler boxes.

theory based on recent leaked photos:

An orphanage, run by sadists who kept the children locked in cages like animals. Until one day very strange child at the orphanage learned to bring his/her fears and those of the other children to life. These nightmarish figures - the Clown, the Nightmare Man, Captain Hook, the Barber with scissors for hands - came out of the storybooks and slaughtered the keepers of the orphanage on a terrible wonderful night. And there was fire, bright, beautiful fire...

that is merely my imagination running with the photos from the Jaws house that had been briefly posted.

The Skool meets Scary Tales with just a bit of Psychoscareapy thrown in, and an icon presence (Cindy) as icing on the cake. Nice. It's exactly the kind of thing A&D would do. If this isn't actually a house for HHNXX it damn well should be.

The bit about a room with tree branches interests me. Remember the speculation about evil trees? The whole thing reminds me of the scene with the clown doll and the tree in "Poltergeist". I can imagine a scene where a child, clutching a clown doll, stand and watches while one of his tormentors is swept up and yanked to pieces by the suddenly-living willow tree standing outside his window. I would totally sign off on that scene, were I a maze designer.

I don't advocate breaking into houses to take unauthorized pictures, but I'm honestly sort of glad we got this information - Universal has sort of left us in the dark with only a couple weeks before the big site update... we're all here starving for updates. This is good speculation.

Cast my vote on a Cindy-based house, though the unrelated nature of the rooms are indeed quite odd... I'd imagine there's some sort of plot we're not thinking of that'll tie it altogether. (Along with the finishing touches, lighting, and scare-actors of course!)

Uni has officially pissed me off this year. No update AT ALL today. Checked at 3, nothing. Little bit peeved, decided to check back around 5. STILL NOTHING WTF IS GOING ON!!!!!!! IF YOUR FAN BASE IS TO THRIVE UNI WE NEED INFO. THROW US SOME SCRAPS...SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!!! I'll even accept a picture of JMR going BOO right now. *Breaks down and cries* It's only a game, it's only a game, it's only a game..... :(

Uni has officially pissed me off this year. No update AT ALL today. Checked at 3, nothing. Little bit peeved, decided to check back around 5. STILL NOTHING WTF IS GOING ON!!!!!!! IF YOUR FAN BASE IS TO THRIVE UNI WE NEED INFO. THROW US SOME SCRAPS...SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!!! I'll even accept a picture of JMR going BOO right now. *Breaks down and cries* It's only a game, it's only a game, it's only a game..... :(

While I don't think we should get this upset over the lack of updates, I do find it a bit weak that they specifically said there'd be an update "soon after the weekend", and it is now thursday with no update. That said, I seem to recall a similar situation going on last year for the Ripped from the Silver Screen site (which was admittedly a bit more interesting, even without the Legendary Truth); on that occasion, I believe we got the SAW tab update and then nothing else for weeks - before finally they threw us a bone, they released a short clip of JMR telling us to keep an eye on the site, and soon we got updates several days apart at midnight, revealing the rest of the tabs, up to the big site update.

Hopefully, history will repeat itself and we'll get a bunch of little updates leading up to the end of August for the big reveal. Legendary Truth would not have said there was going to be an update if there wasn't one planned - clearly something internal occurred to prevent that update from occurring on time.

Hey guys. I was at Universal yesterday as some of you may know. While I was in line for Twister, the door for what I believe was Soundstage 23 (not completely sure, but it was one of the three soundstages used) was wide open. I caught a quick look at the facade of the entrance, and it looked to me like Psychoscarepy. Now Im not sure if it was actually Psychoscarepy or not, but it was definetly a big building of some sort, like an asylum, hospital, something along those lines.

the house to me looks like a children's Orphanage house mixed with a Dark Neverland type vibe to me. it looks like a real world house that is partly set in a Dark Neverland type feeling. it is a house that is a haunted house that has a dark and twisted feeling of dread that invokes bits of a dark neverland vibe as it could be cindy's house.

Edited by mz_
Advertising "backstage" photos. (hotlink)

The house is looking pretty nice. I sense we might get another good house in the Jaws queue this year!

How about the Disaster Queue pictures? It looks really interesting. The facade is really neat, and on the layout picture, it has scene names like, "No Mercy" and "Midway Carnival".