HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like a warehouse where the HHN past is kept locked away in storage (I'm thinking like the Ark Of The Covenant from Raiders, from all those wooden boxes), but they can't be contained indefinitely... and as we walk through they begin to break free around us.

I think this is the general idea with the house.

And going back to Sin's idea about the Lantern being A&D's "Ark of the Covenant", what if it is located in here?

Pure Speculation: Assuming all of A&D's ideas are based off of ideas they get from the Lantern in some way. The Lantern is somehow opened, maybe, and causes all kinds of chaos and Hell to break loose, right? So, if it is located in this HHN Warehouse, what if it causes everything that is stored in there (props, costumes, etc.) to come back to their full, evil glory like they were during their original event.

I don't know, I'm just spewing my train of thought right now. Someone else will probably be able to make something more coherent. ;)

Can someone please clarify to me what a "run" house is?

Is it a type of house or is it based off something? Thanks :D

Run was a house in 2001 and 2006. The idea was a gameshow where every guest was a "contestant" to survive the maze. The sequel was more based off Hostel, where "guests" were visiting a facility where they were "volunteered" to be tortured.

Okay, I have two ideas but I am so woefully under-skilled in Photoshop that I wanted to throw these out to the talented ones (JW and Sin especially).

Could someone take the 'circle' diagram of the 5 photos we have now and superimpose it onto a map of USO? Also, the arched gate of the Shadybrook Rest Home; could someone do the same for that? Please? It will give you something to do and pacify a crazy person!! (that would be me)

Thank you!!

Mae

Here is an old picture of a Medusa head used at HHN 2004 in the Midway of the Bizarre scarezone:

mob021.jpg

Seems to me that the snakes in the above picture, look very similar to the snakes in this rendering:

Screenshot2010-08-14at121713AM.png

Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?

Actually, the answer may have slithering about in plain sight after all. Medusa's hair, the Voodoo God Damballah, the twisted serpentine forms on the lantern we thought were roots, the images in the photographs - strange coiling lines...

Is the Evil behind the New Era of Darkness, the Original Evil? The oldest enemy of man who first tempted us to the ways of darkness? Cold blooded and patient, forked tongued and deadly, the ancient and eternal Serpent?

Just judging by the architecture alone, I think this costume has something to do with the above facade..just an thought...

Remember, though, each of these photos probably represents a different house/scarezone. Although, the scarezone/house could be connected. I also don't necessarily think the snake-elevation is a facade. I can picture it as a scene in the Disaster queue, or as a scene in the Greek Mythology house. (It wouldn't be the facade to the Greek house, though, because usually the facades are more grandiose than that. Or maybe I'm just not picturing it correctly.)

I would also like to say that Disaster looks like a mix of a body shop and a circus, which, unfortunately, to me, screams "Eddie". I don't really want it to scream Eddie, but I think it's a lot better than it screaming other things. But, yes, it does also sound much like a game-show to me, also.

The only way I would like to have the Icons back is to do a sort of prequel to our previous houses. Ones that explore parts of the character's plot that we either haven't had at the event yet, or haven't heard about before.

Seems to me that the snakes in the above picture, look very similar to the snakes in this rendering:

Screenshot2010-08-14at121713AM.png

Just judging by the architecture alone, I think this costume has something to do with the above facade..just an thought...

Voodooguy.jpg

The first picture uses many Greek design elements, including the classic 'key" design that has become a cliche at every Greek restaurant in America.

GreekKey.jpg

The second picture resembles the Voodoo God Baron Samedi, only without his hat.

Baron-Samedi.jpg

the colors of the costume are the traditional Mardi Gras colors, purple green and yellow.

mardigrascolorsweb.jpg

So, I think it's very safe to say the first picture is from the Greek house and as Cody pointed out, probably the Medusa scene. And the second picture is a costume from the Mardi Gras scarezone, which means that not all the guys cast will be going shirtless.

I get more of a Dia de los Muertos feel from that costume more than anything else. The black part of the costume has a Spanish look to it, similar to a bullfighting costume.

Agreed. And if we go crazy with speculation we can determine that he has fangs, so he must be a predator of some kind. Either we can assume it's a literal translation into being a cannibal or we can go a more mystic route and speculate that he eats souls, etc.

Edited by homelessjogger

Remember, though, each of these photos probably represents a different house/scarezone. Although, the scarezone/house could be connected. I also don't necessarily think the snake-elevation is a facade. I can picture it as a scene in the Disaster queue, or as a scene in the Greek Mythology house. (It wouldn't be the facade to the Greek house, though, because usually the facades are more grandiose than that. Or maybe I'm just not picturing it correctly.)

I would also like to say that Disaster looks like a mix of a body shop and a circus, which, unfortunately, to me, screams "Eddie". I don't really want it to scream Eddie, but I think it's a lot better than it screaming other things. But, yes, it does also sound much like a game-show to me, also.

The only way I would like to have the Icons back is to do a sort of prequel to our previous houses. Ones that explore parts of the character's plot that we either haven't had at the event yet, or haven't heard about before.

they do. snake is not disaster. Disaster is a game, but who is playing it, the hunters or the hunted.

people if u go on the A and D facebook page u can see the pic that says Good Harvest Home for Orphans Located at jaws

so late.......

The neon ugly dude is going to be involved with the DEAD mardi gras scarezone ( orDia de los Muertos) it is not linked with the greek house (medusa house possibly)

All the pics represent a house or scarezone for this years event

Edited by CNYHHN315