HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard is an interesting name for the Disaster! Queue house which has been rumored to have a New Orleans theme to tie it into the adjacent San Francisco Mardi Gras scarezone. There is a Howard Street in New Orleans and a Howard House, but more intriguing is this:

Many people are unaware of this but noted novelist Anne Rice was actually born Howard Allen O'Brien, Jr. Her father had hoped for a son and was determined his child would be named after him, and he did so - even after it turned out to be a daughter!

She did not wish to go through life with a boy's name and so from a young age started calling herself Anne.

Howard then could be an elaborate code-name for an Anne Rice type of Vampire in the house.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw Howard.

Interesting. Very interesting.

M

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw Howard.

Interesting. Very interesting.

M

There are other Horror related possibilities for the name Howard that are less likely.

Robert E. Howard the creator of Conan also wrote stories in the Cthulhu Mythos, one of the best of these was "The Black Stone" connection to Blackrock?

Howard was of course, the first name of H. P. Lovecraft.

Another Howard who changed his name was the founder and High Priest of the Church of Satan, Anton Szandor LeVey. His real name was Howard Stanton Levy. Yes, he was Jewish, and he most likely took a perverse delight at the large numbers of Neo-Nazi losers who joined his church.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Another Howard who changed his name was the founder and High Priest of the Church of Satan, Anton Szandor LeVey. His real name was Howard Stanton Levy. Yes, he was Jewish, and he most likely took a perverse delight at the large numbers of Neo-Nazi losers who joined his church.

LOL how true.... he wasnt thrilled when his daughter married one though...

I picture A&D giving the role names out much like in Anchorman, Brick is listing things that he loves by simply looking at them. I feel this is what A&D is doing. They want us to be baffled so they think of random crap and codename on that, because none of the disaster names match up to anything for me.

Or Johnny Cage :P

Jcmk1.gif

NO... just... NO

Self-loathing. We see it all the time.

LOL, true... hell even his grandson is one... its sad really... One of the greatest tricksters and charlatans of the 20th century leaves behind a legacy of self loathing nazi kids, and people who never got the joke...

I was at blockbuster.com and saw something interesting. Fangoria is doing Fright Fest, they're releasing some movies and blah blah blah, but they're using a zombie thing that looks a lot like the Usher, Idk it probably shouldn't be posted here but I thought it was interesting. Does anyone think Fangoria will sponsor houses again this year?

Click HERE to see the Fangoria page at blockbuster.

Edited by DROOG

I was at blockbuster.com and saw something interesting. Fangoria is doing Fright Fest, they're releasing some movies and blah blah blah, but they're using a zombie thing that looks a lot like the Usher, Idk it probably shouldn't be posted here but I thought it was interesting. Does anyone think Fangoria will sponsor houses again this year?

Click HERE to see the Fangoria page at blockbuster.

I dunno but i really hope so.

That article deals with HHN Hollywood.

also to state fact it is not based on movie''s in olrando so the god of fear is likely this year as the icon. so no movies tied into it as we know thus far for olrando. also i am sorry if it is relating to hollywood but it's twitter on orlando end is bit beyond then hollywood on that fact. so it is confirming no scream for both olrando and hollywood this year. the theme is myth's this year must likely.

also to state fact it is not based on movie''s in olrando so the god of fear is likely this year as the icon. so no movies tied into it as we know thus far for olrando. also i am sorry if it is relating to hollywood but it's twitter on orlando end is bit beyond then hollywood on that fact. so it is confirming no scream for both olrando and hollywood this year. the theme is myth's this year must likely.

Well, I'm not really sure if I can deduce what it is that you are getting at, but if your point is that we won't be seeing any movie-based houses in Orlando this year, than I agree. However, I don't remember anyone ever speculating about a house based off of the movie Scream for HHN Orlando in 2010.

Well, I'm not really sure if I can deduce what it is that you are getting at, but if your point is that we won't be seeing any movie-based houses in Orlando this year, than I agree. However, I don't remember anyone ever speculating about a house based off of the movie Scream for HHN Orlando in 2010.

well scream is coming out next year so it may have been considered as a house this year. it is not happening snice it seems it is no go this year probly next year we will get a scream house at one of the parks if not both.

Edited by bloodyirit

i am also saying what may happen is myth based houses this year instead of movie based ones in orlando based on the collective group seeming like a reseach group into past horrors of myth and legend as the possble sources to the cases. it would be interesting each house is a case based around the collective based on myths and legends.

well scream is coming out next year so it may have been considered as a house this year. it is not happening snice it seems it is no go this year probly next year we will get a scream house at one of the parks if not both.

Scream is produced and distributed by Dimension films and has no affiliation with Universal. I would not expect a "Scream" house on either coast this year or in the future.

Edited by BruinsFan

Scream is produced and distributed by Dimension films and has no affiliation with Universal. I would not expect a "Scream" house on either coast this year or in the future.

it did not stop a house based on a movie like that in past. new line studios and liongate does not have ties to unversal at all too. they just are allowing them to use their icons so what diffrence would dimension allowing it. it is possble it is mere fact all you need is to ask the studio then make the deal with them then bam you have house based on it. it is possble. look at past houses it was too based on icons of horror around that time. scream is a big horror flim next year. so it is possble. it may be not happen too just it is possble.

Edited by bloodyirit

it did not stop a house based on a movie like that in past. new line studios and liongate does not have ties to unversal at all too. they just are allowing them to use their icons so what diffrence would dimension allowing it. it is possble it is mere fact all you need is to ask the studio then make the deal with them then bam you have house based on it. it is possble. look at past houses it was too based on icons of horror around that time. scream is a big horror flim next year. so it is possble. it may be not happen too just it is possble.

anything is possble but probly not because scream is just not generally house-worthy it may be good for a scene in a larger maze but by itself. there is not things there to fill an entire house with interesting stuff. the scenes would all look like the same girl on phone guy in mask with knife lather rinse repeat. also someone stole my shift key and i've been injecting red bull into my eyeballs.

no scream maze for 2010 horror nights so u can put the possble idea of a scream maze at all this year as a rumor.

Nope.. never will be a house based on the movie scream. "Scream House" however has nothing to do with the movie scream.

Edited by JWFearman

anything is possble but probly not because scream is just not generally house-worthy it may be good for a scene in a larger maze but by itself. there is not things there to fill an entire house with interesting stuff. the scenes would all look like the same girl on phone guy in mask with knife lather rinse repeat. also someone stole my shift key and i've been injecting red bull into my eyeballs.

Wow, I never knew you were conversant in this language.

Another Howard possibility!!!!

Sam Raimi has long used the term "Fake Shemp" in his Evil Dead series (and other films) when an actor is unavailable and someone else plays the scene. This has been done frequently for Kandarian Demons - often with Raimi's brother Ted doing the "Shemping".

This terminology was coined by Raimi in reference to the Three Stooges. In 1955 the stooge Shemp died of a heart attack with several Three Stooges shorts in progress. These were completed using stock fotage and Shemp's stand-in when possible. Three Stooges fans like Raimi noticed this and called the stand in "the fake Shemp".

When Sam Raimi became a filmmaker he started using this term "Fake Shemp" for this practice in his own films.

Shemp of course was Shemp Howard, the brother of Moe and Curly Howard.

(their real name was Horwitz)